Is anyone else finding this unnecessarily difficult?

I'm struggling to stay in the lead and struggling with most of these races. Drafting is sorta pointless when the AI is way ahead of you. The corners always seem to slow me down a hell of a lot. Tips or tricks to actually stay ahead of the competition? The first game was a total breeze compared to this one. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have only played up to a certain point, just a little after the first 'boss'. It has been a fun challenge so far, nothing stupidly difficult. But it did take me a little while to figure out that I needed to:

• Turn in earlier than if this was a racing game with vehicles
  • Turn as little as possible to keep momentum.
  • Do tricks whenever I safely could to fill the boost bar (or keep it filled).

The only thing I am having trouble with is mixing my tricks up in the races where you need to score points with stunt jumps but this will just take a little more looking into the specific moves I have available now.

Edit: it took this topic for me to find out that this game is actually the follow-up of Riptide GP 2. I started with the wrong one...

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, 

My brother purchased this game with his game pass for Xbox just within past few days as he knew I had it for PS4. I told him that he’ll struggle with it. He asked me to play it for him as he wants to make the most of the game pass. Whilst playing I was saying to myself that I didn’t remember the game being this easy on PS4. I was browsing through the game options menu and there appears to be a difficulty setting which you can set to easy but this doesn’t appear on PS4 version. 

Apparently the pc microsoft players were complaining that it was just too difficult. So the devs patched the game with this difficulty mode. 

So why did Xbox get the patch and we didn’t? 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...