Tales of AndresLionheart's backlog

AndresLionheart

34 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Also, this ↑ I wanted to read and check more on your waifu but the damn spoilers are not working. It's not your fault though. The forum has this problem every now and then since it has happened to me quite a number of times on other threads. You can edit and save your post again for them to reappear and work for a while but, if you come back later, there is a chance that they are not going to be working again.

Anyways... I was able to check on her on the last couple of videos ;) Good pick man 1f44c.png

Oh so it wasn't just me. I noticed this the day I posted it but it was working on my phone, so I thought it was just some temporary problem. I just edited and saved and it's working again as you said, but who knows for how long. You got to see her in the grinding video but not doing her Sexy Beam =P.

If you couldn't read the spoiler tags then you also missed my silly rant on that one trophy at the end =(

On 29/9/2018 at 8:46 PM, J2V89 said:

Nice job on the Dragon Quest XI plat. That's a game I will get and play. 

Hope you have a great time like I did! Except for very few instances I had one hell of a time, and even after playing for over 100 hours I was finished wanting another game like this right away, lol. Too bad Dragon Quest VIII doesn't have a PS2 to PS4 version with trophy support.

• Like 1

On 29/9/2018 at 7:12 PM, AndresLionheart said:

IV6TPgH.gif

raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

I approve of this my boi, as I said earlier, good pick ?

On 29/9/2018 at 7:12 PM, AndresLionheart said:

Hide contents

So, one trophy is about getting married, but you can only marry Gemma, the one girl you won't care about because she is your childhood friend that you as the player know not much about, who is shown at the beginning of the game, and then a little bit in the middle, and then a little bit in the end, so you can't care about her... I was tempted to reset the game after getting the trophy just to not be married, lol. If given the choice who to marry my preference would be: Jade >>>>> Serena > Sylvando > Veronica > Gemma. Yes, I would marry a guy over Veronica and Gemma, lol.

Jade definitely left out an impact on you and, damn, just how terrible are Veronica and Gemma for you to prefer a guy over them. I cannot even imagine lol ?

I caught up with everything on the spoilers now. Thanks for the quick fix on them ^^

Edited by Honor_Hand
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Jade definitely left out an impact on you and, damn, just how terrible are Veronica and Gemma for you to prefer a guy over them. I cannot even imagine lol ?

Veronica is not that bad after the beginning parts, but I just had more fun with Sylvando =p. Not to mention that she looks like she is 6 years old due to some situation that sucked up her magic power along with her body age. You get to see her normal self for a bit, and she actually looks cuter than Serena. There was a part where I was supposed to feel sad for Veronica but I was actually happy because Serena became so much better due to that situation, lol.

Gemma also isn't bad, she just doesn't do anything important and you spend about 1 hour of the game with her. Also, she looks kind of generic.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1L611c70.png

Mega Man 11

Game Difficulty: 5

Platinum Difficulty: 7

Time to Platinum: 20 hours

Thoughts on the game

Although I have yet to catch up with on my NES and SNES Mega Man experience, I wanted to give this one a shot now that it is new and fresh. The first game I played from this series was Mega Man 8 (yes, another long standing series I started on the 8th one, lol), then I played MM3 with a friend and that's about it.

Even without playing many of the earlier ones I think this a good step forward to bring the series to a more modern standard. 
The graphics have this nice cartoony look even though it is fully 3D. Big machines benefit from this the most. 
Shooting things and making them explode feels good. Which only further shows how shit everything looked in Mighty No.9, lol.
Controls are tight and responsive, as expected.
One new thing to this game is the Double Gear system, which allows to Speed up (represented as everything moving slow for Mega Man) or getting extra power on charged shot and special weapons. At first it may take a little bit to get used, but when you do you get to pull off some nice moves which add a nice layer to the usual jump & shoot.
It seems like this would make the game easier, but in reality the game is design with this in mind. There is more stuff to avoid and be careful about, and stronger enemies are better taken care off with stronger shots.

My favorite thing they added is the ability to change special weapons using the Right Stick. Basically, weapons are set to one of 8 directions, so when you know where each is you can switch to the desired weapon on the fly and pull off even better looking shit. It also helps that every weapon has a good used, so when a lot are available you gain access to ways to deal with any kind of situation. For the older games I would usually not use most of the weapons because I was too lazy to go into the pause menu and change or because scrolling through them was too slow to deal with the situation at hand. Also, weapons aren't only used to easily defeat the corresponding boss, but also to deal with the stages themselves. A lot of stages have hazards that can be removed by the correct weapon or kind of easier routes to access as well.
The one problem I sometimes had is that the weapons in the diagonal directions can be a little finicky to pick. This is because everything is set on a square. What they should have done is made it more of a circle so each weapon has a wider area when pointing towards it.

Music is one of the lower points. The stage tracks are just okay, so I ended up forgetting all of them. The main theme and the stage select themes are pretty good, though.

Level design is good, I never felt anything was just randomly put for no reason (maybe some fences in Impact Man's stage). All have unique looks and feel completely different from each other.

The robot masters reminded me of Mega Man 8's ones. They are quirky and funny. Torch Man is a martial artist that uses fire and says shit like "Torch Jutsu forever!", Tundra Man is a flamboyant figure skater, Blast Man is one of those dudes has gets a boner from explosions (like Deidara) and Impact Man talk in a heroic tone and flies around shouting stuff like "Impact!!", and that to name only 4 of the 8. My favorite is definitely Torch Man because he calls his style the Torch Jutsu, lol.

The game comes with 4 difficulty options, which range from "I never played a videogame" to "Hard". The most basic difficulty is called "Newcomer" and it is for newcomers alright. Infinite lives, frequent checkpoints, can't die from spikes, can't die from falling into pits (Beat, the lil' robot bird, saves you every time), enemies deal less damage, the double gears last longer and there is no limit to how many shots you can have on screen at the same time (it is normally 3). I didn't try it, but I was curious so I looked up about it. I'm not mad about it or anything, but it seems kind of pointless to beat a game when there is 0 challenge whatsoever. To me it makes me think the actual newcomer is gonna either get bored or think the game isn't interesting.
I played on Normal first, which it actually starts a bit tough, but after getting a few weapons and getting more used to the Double Gear system becomes... normal. Hard is called Superhero and it makes enemies tougher (basic enemies that died with 1 shot take 2 at least) and bosses gain new patterns and improved attacks, on top of being faster overall. After finishing the game in Normal I actually had an easier time on Superhero than what I did on my first playthrough in Normal.

And I guess I never talked about the plot... which is just Mega Man. It starts interesting with a scene of Dr. Light and Dr. Wily as young researchers working on robot technology, but then it just devolves into the usual go get Dr. Wily. I would say how it ends but I bet anyone who played any of the other 10 games knows how it ends.

Thoughts on the Platinum

While there aren't collectables like in the X games, in this one there are special tasks to accomplish on each stage and some specific ways to finish the game. Most are fairly simple but then there are a few that can get a bit annoying, like not getting hit by any electric laser on Fuse Man Stage or not getting hit by the ice some swans drop in Tundra Man stage (which I the trophy doesn't state that you also can't destroy said ice, you can only avoid it). These give the game a good amount of replayabilty, which is welcomed since it took me a little over 3 hours to finish it the first time.
Then there is finishing the game on Superhero, which is not a problem at all, and finishing on Normal or higher without Game Overs, which is also not a problem and can be cheesed by simply loading the game instead of pressing continue, lol (not to mention that lives and E-Tanks are extremely cheap, so after the first stage is pretty much impossible to get a game over)

All is fun and games until the 2 trophies that are gonna be the gatekeepers of the plat for many: Beating Dr. Light's Trial and beating the game in Normal or higher in less than 60 minutes.

Dr. Light's Trial is a series of special rooms with different challenges. Some require killing an amount of enemies and others require navigating the room to the end. There are 30 rooms in total and you start with 0 lives, but every 10th floor there is a boss, and after the boss is an extra life. I have read from people that this took them longer than the speedrun because if you fail the trial is back to the beginning. In my case I'm proud to say that it took me 43 minutes to beat it, which was 4 attempts. The first 2 I died like a dumb-dumb on floor 4 because I hit some spikes, so those can't even be counter like real attempts, lol. 3rd attempt I lost on floor 15 and then on the 4th I beat it (with a time of 21 minutes, which is slow, but you only need to beat it, how long it takes doesn't matter, although I think there is a 30 minute limit).

Beating the game in Normal in less than 60 minutes is just what it says, a speedrun. The time isn't that tight, but it isn't a cakewalk either. You can save after every stage so you only need practice on one stage at a time, which is good for those of us who normally don't do this kind of things. In my case I overdid it and ended up with a time of 47 minutes. I knew I was wasting my time making it this fast, but I just couldn't help myself. Whenever I finished a stage and didn't like what I did, I redid the stage, which was like another 20 minutes worth of attempts, to shave off 15 seconds that I knew were not gonna matter in the end. Video of the thing at the end of this post.
What I did was watch a replay from the best time in time attack mode for some ideas (which in the beginning of the run wasn't as useful because they use all kind of weapons that you don't have at first), then play the stage for reconnaissance, and finally start grinding some attempts. For the first 8 stages it was about 30 to 45 minutes until I got a run that I could accept, except for Block Man stage which I wasted 60 minutes in and just said "fuck it" after doing a terrible job at the boss. The Wily stages took me like 25 minutes each for the first 2, and then since I was at 40 minutes I just went ahead and did the last 2 stages in one go since it didn't matter anymore. I was 20 minutes ahead so whatever I did there was no way I could take 20 minutes to do so, lol.

All in all I enjoyed the challenge and it cemented what I already knew about myself: I don't have the mindset, patience and memory of those damn speedrunners.

The Media Corner

Since it is not that long when all the failed attempts are cut out, I wanted to share how the "speedrun" looks. I edited it so it looks like it's done in one go, but in reality is what in the speedrun community they call a "spliced run". Although is is a way of cheating a run when competing, here when only trying to get a trophy it is accepted =P. Anyway, it is also a good example for anyone who wants to attempt this platinum.

Popping the Platinum

The Blue Flash Trophy. The whole thing with all the failed attempts cut out.

Dr. Light's Trial. This was the 4th attempt and counting the failed attempts it took 43 minutes overall. Starting Room 16 I'm blind, so from there I take it slow.

Edited by AndresLionheart
  • Like 1

The game looks pretty cool to me. Seems like a fun platformer overall with a charming aesthetic. Congrats on the Platinum ? I see it was mostly on the easy side except for those 2 last trophies you mentioned. Kinda surprised it wasn't harder overall. Those old NES Megaman games were tough as nails lol, at least for me. ?

Saw the video on the speedrun up to the first 2 bosses, Impact Man and Bounce Man, because I didn't want to spoil myself with the game too much. You did a pretty good work there. I find speedruns on platforming games entertaining up to a point as they force you to tackle a stage with a certain disregard for your health and a lot more focus on clearing the damn thing fast. It makes for both an exciting and nerve-inducing experience. Even if the failed attempts were cut, you almost looked like a legit speedrunner back there Andres ;)  xD

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

The game looks pretty cool to me. Seems like a fun platformer overall with a charming aesthetic. Congrats on the Platinum ? I see it was mostly on the easy side except for those 2 last trophies you mentioned. Kinda surprised it wasn't harder overall. Those old NES Megaman games were tough as nails lol, at least for me. ?

Saw the video on the speedrun up to the first 2 bosses, Impact Man and Bounce Man, because I didn't want to spoil myself with the game too much. You did a pretty good work there. I find speedruns on platforming games entertaining up to a point as they force you to tackle a stage with a certain disregard for your health and a lot more focus on clearing the damn thing fast. It makes for both an exciting and nerve-inducing experience. Even if the failed attempts were cut, you almost looked like a legit speedrunner back there Andres ;)  xD

Yeah, I recommended a friend to not watch it until he played the game himself because this would change the experience completely. I utilize a lot of strategies to deal with bosses and mid bosses very fast, stuff that would allow anyone to bypass the struggle of figuring out how to deal with each enemy.

Too bad though that Bounce Man was probably my worst stage. It was taking a while so I got tired of it and just went with that attempt you saw, knowing that I would recover a lot of time later when I get more weapons (plus, most of the other stages are shorter).

It's funny that you mentioned disregarding health because I was never paying attention to it. When I was watching it back, after putting together the video, I realized that when I was fighting the boss of one of the last stages I was 1 hit away from dying but I didn't notice at all while playing, lol. I mean, I knew I could beat the thing without getting hit, so it never crossed my mind. Which in term is also funny because I tend to fuck up when I know I'm 1 hit away from dying, lol, so it worked out better for me.

I'm not sure how hard this could be for most players, though. Platforming is one of the genres I'm best at.

I added the last video I wanted to show, although it also includes spoilers for the last 3 bosses which come in rooms 10, 20 and 30. So I also wouldn't recommend you watching it =P.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1L780863.png

Tales of Zestiria

Game Difficulty: 4

Platinum Difficulty: 5

Time to Platinum: 110 hours

Thoughts on the game

And here we are, getting back to playing a Tales of that I didn't like that much the first time I played. Just like what happened when I played Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, I actually didn't dislike this one like I thought I did. Don't get me wrong, it still is in the bottom of the list along with that other one, but it is still an enjoyable, yet flawed, game.

I continued from my old save from 3 years ago, in which I had 5 hours of playtime. After spending 1 hour reading the in-game library to remind me what the heck the game systems were about I started again.

Right off the bat, in my first few battle, I saw something I think I didn't realize the first time through, which was the cause of me thinking the battle system was very limiting and clunky. The basic rule of combat is that you get 4 actions per chain, be it attacks, dashes, magic casts, anything. The order is up to you, but you can, under normal circumstances, only chain up to 4 actions. This means that if you are just mashing your character will stop every time after these 4 actions, and if you didn't know that this was the rule you would think it's slow and clunky. On top of this, if you run out of SC (stamina, basically) your attacks just stop, so you are forced to stop for a little bit and defend every now and then. There are benefits to having low SC, but it is usually better to keep it high.

This, coupled together with a lot of other rules requires a lot more thought that just attacking and making a cool looking combo. Coming from Tales of Xillia 1 and 2 I wasn't cool with all the limitations this game had and I ended up just dropping it. Fast forward to now, 3 years later and a fresh mind, I actually took it for what it was, just like I did with DotNW.

Everything in this game's system has like a million rules:

• Artes: There is a triangle relationship between the 3 types: Martial Artes (the "normal" attacks), Hidden Artes (melee combat artes) and Seraphic Artes (magic). Martial Artes can interrupt Seraphic Artes, which can interrupt Hidden Artes, which can interrupt Martial Artes. On top of this there are other effects in these interactions: Hidden Artes shorten the cast time of Seraphic Artes and Martial Artes cannot interrupt Hidden Artes in any way. Chaining different kinds together yields different results: starting with Martial Artes reduces the cost of the following artes, starting with Hidden Artes increases the damage of following artes, and anything done before a Seraphic Arte cuts the casting time. And THEN there are very minor little things too, like after casting a Seraphic Arte you are extremelly resilient to other Seraphic Artes for 0.5 seconds, giving a way to counter other Seraphic Artes with shorter cast ones. Yes, there is a shitton of these things.
  • Elements: Not gonna go in-depth, but there is a square relationship with these, and along with enemy categories these are very important to exploit enemy weaknesses for stupid damage.
  • Skills: HOLY SHIT WHAT A MESS. These require their whole guide to understand all the intricacies, and trophy guides for this game were made by people who did not understand how to cheese the equipment fusion system, which thankfully I did discover on my own. This system is why people run away form this game, it makes the simple action of getting a new piece of equipment not as simple as just equipment everything right away. Since there are ways to combine different skills to get bonus skills, a lot of the time losing a skill that is chaining together several skills for a big bonus one makes the new, much better on its own, item not good at all. There is a 10x5 grid that allows to easily visualize what you have or need to complete an horizontal line (which can be as small as 2 adjacent skills) or a vertical line (which needs all 5 skills to yield a bonus). On top if this there are also bonus for stacking the same skills multiple times For example, if you have all the 5 skills in the first group you get +20 to all stats, which is a lot during early game, so I kept using shitty equipment for a long time because I couldn't get rid of it, since it would drop my overall stats. Getting bonus skills wouldn't be that much of a problem if equipment was set to certain skills, but the thing is that each piece only comes with 1 skill and up to 3 RANDOM ones, so you have to go with what life gives you. I said I wasn't gonna go in-depth, so I'm gonna stop here, but know that there is a lot more to it.
  • Armatization: This is the act of fusing your character with a Seraph (which are like elemental spirits). This combines your stats and skills (and yes, the combined skills refactor what combinations for bonus skills you have, so it could change a lot of things. Still, I just didn't care about this, you can't plan this much without hurting your brain). This state is in a 3 action per chain limit and all of your attacks change. The good thing is that you can use it to revive yourself and to heal, which made this Tales of the one I used the least amount of items in (I probably used 5 Life Bottles in my whole playtime and 0 Gels while in combat).

There are a few other things but I think this already makes my point.

Enough about battles. The story is nice, it kept me interested throughout the game but the world seemed extremelly small. They went for these big open maps which take forever to walk through, but the amount of cities and overall size of the world is pityful. On top of this the layout is very fakey feeling: there are 2 kingdoms and in between them is a battlefield where they always fight their wars. Then a few forests and caves around and that's about it! Each map is used several times during the story. One thing I liked, though, is how some areas are initially blocked off by obstacles that require powers you obtain later, and when you get those power the game makes you traverse through these areas from the other side to come back to earlier parts of the game, giving it a cohesive feeling.

One thing that picked my interest very early on is that this world is connected to Tales of Berseria's. Some characters are in both games and there are mentions of the same historical figures and eras. After playing for a while I could deduce that this game happens waaay in the future after Berseria. There are areas that were also in Berseria but here they are in ruins. What I couldn't understand is why spirit people are called "Seraphim" here but "Malak" in Berseria.

Another interesting thing is that in this one you are the Shepherd against the Lord of Calamity, but in Berseria you are the Lord of Calamity against the Shepherd.

The characters are really good. Edna (the Earth Seraph) has to be my favorite. She is a deadpan loli who always messes around with people and shits on them in funny ways (unlike a certain someone from Dragon Quest XI who wishes she was clever enough to come up with stuff like Edna does). It doens't hurt that her design is super cute, too. One example that I had to mention because she didn't just mess with another character, but she messed with me as well, was this time during a dungeon that had some little windmill things that were activated by the wind ability. While moving around the are she says something like: "These spinny-mist things sure get the job done", to what Dezel (the Wind Seraph) responds with: "It's the wind trial after all". Later this exact same exchange is repeated, to which I thought that the developers fucked up and it repeated because I walked around the same area. A little later the same exchange happens again, but after it Mikleo (the Water Seraph) says to Dezel: "You realize she is not gonna change it until you say something different, right?". I laughed. When I thought it was the game just being a game and repeating some random dialog it was just her messing with Dezel, and the player, lol. Later she says the thing and Dezel changes his response and that was the end of that, but I thought it was very clever.

Their interactions during skits and random banter was funny overall, especially if Edna was involved. One that I can remember because I found funny the wording Sorey used was this time against some enemy that had name that was very descriptive of itself, I can't remember what it was but I think it was the Golden Axer, which is a bird type enemy. Sorey says something like that it was called that because it has a golden beak in the shape of an axe, to what Mikleo said: "Sheesh, thanks for the insight, captain obvious", Edna added another snarky comment on top of that and then Sorey said: "Damn guys, what's your damage?", I don't know why, but I find the use of the word "damage" there, and the tone he used, very funny. Oh, btw, they have battle banter for every single enemy, most of the time I couldn't pay attention to it because I was fighting, but I that's an incredible detail.

The translation work seems superb. There are tons of puns and jokes that could only work in english, so I bet the localization team had to change A LOT to make all of those feel cohesive.

Voice acting is also very clean. Every main and secondary character has a fitting and well acted voice. The extras are whatever, just extras.

The music is surprisingly good, especially the tracks played during the trials. If there is a special song going on and battle starts, it keeps going into battle. This made the battles in the trials that much more epic =P.

Another thing that persists into battle is the actual world. This time around the battle map is exactly where you were when the battle started, and it transitions into it instantly. This comes with a caveat, though. Since it is not always just an open field, when there are walls around the camera doesn't know what to do and screws up all the time. If you get to a wall you can't see shit and you can only control the camera if playing with at least 2 players, since otherwise the right stick is used for issuing battle strategies.

The graphics are pretty basic. It really shows that this was a PS3 game, but it also shows that BandaiNamco was not used to the PS4 at all. The game is stable, but from far away 3D models have their animations frames cut to like 10fps. This also applies to battles with a lot of enemies.

Thoughts on the Platinum

The rarity is overrated, there is nothing difficult about it, but it requires quite a bit of work. Doing it in 2 playthoughs destroys any of the early, missable, difficult trophies, then there are stuff like Sweet 16 (have 16 of the same skill equipped, which means RNG) and Dietician's Nightmare (which I got 100 hours in, while having the field ability active all the time).

For the 16 skills there are ways to increase the odds of getting the desired skill. It took me about 3 hours of farming enemies that had higher odds of dropping the type of item I needed for Sorey, since I wanted 16 of a specific skill that was gonna help me for the final boss, both in his empowered form (which is hyped in guides as something difficult) and in Chaos Difficulty. The skill in question is called Lindwer, it increases effectiveness against dragons by 15% (this means +15% damage dealt to and 15% resistance). While doing this, the item fusion cheese mechanic was great to get the skill in every slot when there were other random skills ocuppying them. In the end I was also left with several other items for my other characters with this skill on them, so when it was time to go do the empowered final boss I completely destroyed him.

Other than that there is 1 kind of problematic trophy, getting 90% of all items (equipment, consumables, valuables). This is normal for Tales games, heck, normally they ask for 100% of items, the problem is that for whatever reason there is no Collector's Book. How or why they didn't add one is beyond me, but what it does is make knowing which items you are missing that much more annoying. I made a point of keeping at least 1 of each kind of equipment just to easily see if something in a shop was a new item or not, and I did every side quest for valuables and such. Another problem with this trophy is that if you start New Game + the counter resets, even if you carry over the library. The amount of discovered equipment is carried over, but it doesn't go up until you surpass the amount of discovered items. Thankfully I got it while going through the EX dungeon, so I could start my next playthough and just blast through every area without fear.

The amount of skits needed is not that high, but if you aren't sleeping at inns or standing on save points most of these don't appear, and a lot are missable. There are 23 free skits that can be gotten as DLC, and the extra story (Alisha's DLC) has a bunch more, which count toward the total without increasing the required amount, so it shouldn't be a problem. On top of that you can also buy missed skits for like 50001 gald each at the Katz Village.

Alisha's DLC is also useful for the required amount of items, since it adds a bunch of new items that count toward the trophy without increasing the base amount that sets the 90% requirement.

The Media Corner

The videos I'm attaching here are from the final boss, so, obviously, SPOILERS! I wanted to leave the final boss for the platinum pop because the ending is very, very anime and the trophies pop right after the finishing blow. With this game finished it means I have played and finished every modern mainline Tales of game to this day.

Popping the Platinum

The whole Final Boss sequence, including all battles and scenes. I cut it before it goes into the end game anime cutscene, though.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

1L891f42.png

Spyro The Dragon

Game Difficulty: 1

Platinum Difficulty: 2

Time to Platinum: 8 hours

Thoughts on the game

I remember playing this one and the second game back in the day of the PS1. That was 20 years ago and I only played each game once, so I didn't remember much really. It was kinda interesting to have little bits of my memories come back to me when I got to certain points. Like with the first dragon you rescue, who is called Nestor, which at the time I thought was funny because that's the name of my dad. Then there is this other dragon called Enzo, who I remembered because there was this football player called Enzo Francescolli who was famous at the time.

What I did certainly not remember was how easy this game is. I never had a hard time, even as a kid, but it is so easy that a lot of times I just stood there after killing some enemies with an expression of uncertainty in my face, asking to myself: "That was it? Really?". Spyro is so powerful that he can kill almost every enemy in one hit, they all have very simple attacks or attack so late that you can just walk up to them and kill them before they get a chance to do anything. Bosses are no exception. Some of them barely attack and die in very few hits.

The graphics look nice and cartoony, but for some reason, even when it isn't a powerhouse in graphics, the framerate dips here and there. What I liked the most about the style are everyone's expressions, especially Spyro's. Whenever Spyro talked to a dragon it reminded me of Bolt (that white dog from the Disney movie), he emotes and moves his body around just like Bolt does. My only issue was that these conversations are veeeery short. A lot of the time Spyro barely lets out a little phrase and we are back to gameplay. I wish there was a little more time to appreciate how he moves and talks.

The worlds and levels are small enough to be very easy to 100% complete. Something that I think wasn't in the original is the ability to have Sparx (the firefly that acts as your health and also helps collect gems) point toward the nearest gem by pressing L3. These gems can be out in the open, in a chest or being held by an enemy, it doesn't matter, he can find any gem, which obviously makes finding those last few hidden gems soooo much easier. As I kid I remember walking around some levels for a long time until I completed every level.

The music is alright. I don't remember much of it but it set the mood as it should.

Thoughts on the Platinum

Just like the game, it is piss easy to complete. The only reason I have it a difficulty rating one point higher than the game is because of some few moments that require running fast and jumping big gaps, although it is not as simple as following a road and jumping, you have to figure out a way to utilize the floor that lets you run fast to somehow reach a certain ramp that lets you jump toward some platform with gems. It doesn't happen often, I think only twice, but I thought it was something that my mom wouldn't be able to do, which means it shouldn't be classified with a score of 1/10.

There are a bunch of little miscellaneous things to do in each level, some come naturally, others don't, but going around each level for cleanup takes about 45 minutes if you didn't bother doing them on your first visit on each level. There are no unlockable abilities, so everything can be done on the first try.

There are also these "Skill Points" which are not really points you give to skills, just points that are given to you for being "skilled". These are not required for any trophy, but I did them anyway because they are very easy to do.

It is a very relaxing platinum to go for, though, so I will be using the other 2 games as a way to take breaks after a difficult platinum. This was already a nice one to go for after Tales of Zestiria, a JRPG with lots of things to pay attention to.

The Media Corner

Given how this game works, you can't leave the final boss as the final trophy, so I had to settle with the next best thing, which was the level unlocked for 100% completion.

What sucked is that my internet fucked up when I was doing this and it ruined my platinum pop... It takes a little longer to pop and it doesn't have the platinum image on the notification as it should. It doesn't change anything in the trophy list, but it ruined the video, lol. The thumbnail is a fake I made to make it look as it should have =P.

Popping the Platinum. This is the complete run of the final unlockable level.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1L0b1f58.png

Castlevania Requiem - Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood

Game Difficulty: SotN: 3, RoB: 5

Platinum Difficulty: 5

Time to Platinum: 15 hours

Thoughts on the game

Another pair of classic games I never played. I never knew about Castlevania as a kid, though. I never saw the first 3 games anywhere. I think I didn't hear anything about it until the N64, which is notorious for having the worst game in the series. But even though I saw that one in game stores, I don't remember ever seeing Symphony of the Night. It wasn't untill AVGN that I got introduced to these games.

By the time I started watching AVGN he only had a video for Castlevania 2, the series of videos on the other games came much later, but since I now knew about them I decided to check around. It was like that that I played my first one, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia for DS. I'm not gonna lie, I got that one because it was the newest at the time, and because it had a sexy chick with bare back dress. So, technically, I started with the SotN style of games.

Then, one day, AVGN made videos of the other games and he mentioned how good SotN was. I always had it in my mind but never got around to it. And, as usual, a version with trophies is what finally wins me over and decides for me it is about time to play these games.

The first thing anyone should notice is that it doesn't say anything about this being a "collection". As such, there is no extra content or anything. The menu to pick one game to play is ugly as fuck, too. So, overall, it is a very low budget pack.

Not sure about which version of Rondo of Blood it is, but the version of Symphony of the Night is the PSP version, which sucks a bit because it has a new localization and voice acting D=. It changes the infamous lines and voice acting, making it less funny. The Platinum is called "A misserable little pile of secret" but that line is not in this version...

I played Rondo of Blood first to get it out of the way. In the beginning it was a little hard. Richter is super slow, has almost no movement options other than his little backflip which is not terribly useful. The first stage was enough to know that it wasn't gonna be that easy, but then on Stage 2 you get to rescue Maria. At the time I didn't know much so I continued playing until I run out of lives in Stage 4. Then I saw the option to switch to Maria. I tried her out and holy shit, screw Richter!

She has a faster walking speed, double jump, two different slides, can attack instantly without stopping her movement and cam deal several hits per attack, and has a special attack that deals massive damage to most enemies and bosses. As soon as I started playing as her everything became so much easier. She is a little more frail that Richter, but makes up for it with everything else. From there I didn't touch Richter until all I had left was beating Dracula as him.

Rondo of Blood has some fantastic version of classics like Vampire Killer and Bloody Tears, as well as some other good songs, and that's pretty much all that it is better in than Symphony of the Night.

It took me 2 and a half hours to do everything in it.

Now, moving on to the main course, Symphony of the Night. As I mentioned before, I'm more familiar with this style, on top of being quite experienced with Metroid games, so I enjoyed this one much more.

Right from the start I saw why so many people really like this game. Exploring the castle, finding new abilities and key items to unlock new paths, with nothing guiding you other than your own experience through. It reminded me of Super Metroid a lot.

I should have been taking notes while playing because some times I would forget exactly where I saw something that I could now progress through.

Exploring around is overall a great experience but I would have liked if at least the save rooms were marked from the start. Sometimes I would past right by one for not checking every out from a room, making me fear dying somewhere and losing a lot of progress. I didn't die at all during the normal castle, except for this one time when I run into an enemy that killed me in 2 hits without me having any chance to know he was gonna hit that hard... and that was in a section where I did miss a save point, so I lost a good chunk of progress for it.

I love all the equipment and upgrades you can find. Getting gear with better stats and special abilities is one thing I like about RPGs, so having all that in here is awesome. Finding a hidden room with a sick new sword or a special armor always made me eager to keep exploring.

Now that mentioned special abilities, there a lot the game never tells you about. Some swords have special skills that have command inputs, like quarter circle forward and attack, but nowhere you can see that. Most of the time I would find by complete accident if what I was using had a special skill.

The game is overall very easy. Bosses don't do much damage and you can always grind for some levels if you need to. This is true at least for the normal castle, which gates your progress by requiring different abilities, like transforming into a Wolf or a Bat.

This changes for the Inverted Castle. Since you already have all the traversal abilities you can go anywhere, even straight to the final boss. This is cool and all, but the areas are not balanced to account for that freedom. You can go in a direction and everything is cool, but make the wrong turn and an enemy can deal over half your health in one hit. This happened several times while exploring the Inverted Castle, forcing me to check other areas first. This could have been solved with some kind of system that could balance the enemies according to your level, or maybe how much of the map you uncovered.

The same happened with the bosses. Sometimes I would run into a boss and it would deal 1 damage, then I would go in the wrong direction and find a boss that has a magic spell that covers the half of the floor and traps you under it, dealing consecutive hit and killing you right away -.-

Still, even with all that I eventually cleared everything without that many issues.

The spritework is really nice. There are a lot of big enemies that you barely get to see fully because they are way bigger than the screen, lol.

The music not so much. It isn't bad but, except for the song in the first area, it is forgettable.

One last thing to mention is that I would have loved finding out about the Inverted Castle, and how the game keeps going, back in the day. Since there was a trophy, first went over and "finished" the game to get the bad ending. At this point I already had found 2 rings that had inscriptions with hints about equipping both of them in a special room. With that you can get special glasses that allow to see what is really up with the final boss, which then opens up the Inverted Castle.

I can imagine being a kid and finding out that there was way more to the game... I would have been mind blown. I bet that is one of the reasons a lot of people love this game.

Thoughts on the Platinum

Just like I did when I played, let's first get Rondo of Blood out of the way. It is super standard. Play every stage and rescue every character, with like 2 miscellaneous trophies here and there.

Symphony of the Night requires a full completion of the map, which is good because that also kinda completes the enemy list on it's own. Completing the map is cool and all until you are missing 1 or 2 squares. Although I was comparing my map to a complete one, it still took me about 30 minutes to find out where I was missing rooms, even when I took a screenshot and compared both maps by alt tabbing between the two.

On top of that there are a lot of optional bosses to beat, which have their own trophies. Most of this bosses are very easy, except for Galamoth, which is probably the hardest boss. There are ways to cheese it, and it's way easier after you find a circlet that let's you absorb electric damage, but when I first found him I was not ready at all. I threw myself at him a few times but there was no way I was gonna beat him with the gear I had at the time. There is a trick with the Shield Rod + Alucard's Shield that lets your destroy anything in seconds while you heal off the damage, but I didn't use that for anything.

Some of these bosses are references to older games, and even though I haven't played that many games in the series, I could still recognize a bunch of them. I bet fans of the series loved that shit, too.

There is a trophy for getting a Crissaegrim, a sword that is OP as fuck and can be found early into the Inverted Castle. I didn't realize about this earlier, but I would recommend people to make that the first thing to do when getting to the second half of the game. The thing is very fun to use and makes you a complete monster. It drops from some little ghosts called Schmoo in the Library area. They are very easy to kill and can be farmed by leaving and reentering a room in which one spawns right by the door. It was kinda funny when I got mine because I found an area like that and I expected to be there for a while, but the thing dropped on the 5th ghost I killed, lol.

Other than that we are left with one trophy that is kinda weird to complete: Finishing the game as Richter, which is probably the hardest trophy, not because of the final boss, but because you have to get to him first.

You can simply go straight to the end. It felt weird just ignoring everything and making a bee-line for the end of the inverted castle. Richter is super frail and he cannot use items or equipment, but he makes up for all that by having lots of abilities that deal massive damage. Carrying Holy Water to do the Item Crash for Hydra Storm is a must. It kills pretty much anything, but costs 15 hearts, so you can't just spam it. Still, I enjoyed using my knowledge from completing the map to find a fast and somewhat safe 1way to get to the final boss. It took me 45 minutes and I died like 4 times.

The Media Corner

Since finishing the game is a requirement to play as Richter and to buy the Duplicator, an item that has a trophy for just buying it, I couldn't leave the final boss as the last trophy. So, the closest thing I could do was leaving the final boss as Richter for the platinum pop. I would have uploaded the whole run for that but it's not very nice looking, so there is no point in wasting anyone's time with that shit. I also added my fight with the hardest boss, Galamoth, because I think he kinda glitched.

Popping the Platinum. The boss is actually only the first 20 seconds, the rest are the credits =p

Destroying the Final Boss as Alucard because that's what happens when you explore everything...

Galamoth. I think he glitched or something, it was a bit weird how this went.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NekoRave said:

Nice Plat!

Still wish they had separate lists, such a bummer

Heck yeah. That is why I did this one for the 40th plat, to keep it in the milestones section ;).

Rondo of Blood doesn't have that much content, I don't see how they could add enough trophies to be worth a Platinum other than by adding small miscellaneous trophies.

On 11/26/2018 at 5:56 PM, AndresLionheart said:

I never knew about Castlevania as a kid, though. I never saw the first 3 games anywhere. I think I didn't hear anything about it until the N64, which is notorious for having the worst game in the series. But even though I saw that one in game stores, I don't remember ever seeing Symphony of the Night. It wasn't untill AVGN that I got introduced to these games.

By the time I started watching AVGN he only had a video for Castlevania 2, the series of videos on the other games came much later, but since I now knew about them I decided to check around.

Castlevania 2 was the very first video AVGN put out. Though this was when he didn't quite grasp the reviewing aspect yet and the video was shot in crappy 240p quality. But I love that guy's stuff. One of the great entertainers of our generation.

----

I'm glad to see Konami finally got their thumbs out of their asses and gave us these two games for the PS4.

Now if only they can release their other Castlevania games. I will be a very happy person.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

Castlevania 2 was the very first video AVGN put out. Though this was when he didn't quite grasp the reviewing aspect yet and the video was shot in crappy 240p quality. But I love that guy's stuff. One of the great entertainers of our generation.

----

I'm glad to see Konami finally got their thumbs out of their asses and gave us these two games for the PS4.

Now if only they can release their other Castlevania games. I will be a very happy person.

I remember I found out about AVGN due to some teaser video on Youtube of the Silver Surfer episode. It was at the time when Youtube still had the 10 minute limit, so a lot of people used to put a part of a video in there to link to their website for the full thing. I laughed so hard at the "ye die, die, die, die, die, die, DIE!" part that I had to check what the dude was about.

After finishing Symphony of the Night I felt I wanted the GBA and DS games, which are in that style. I have all the DS ones but never played them (except for Order of Ecclesia, of course), so having a collection of those with a bunch of trophies would be awesome.

Hello there, how are you doing Andres? Been reading you here for a while and noticed you have made some quick progress on the games you have been playing lately. I see you "kind of" enjoyed going through Tales of Zestiria. That one is also at the bottom of the barrel as far as most Tales of fans out there will tell you. I have it for PS3 but, as with all the other Tales games I have in my possession, I have yet to sit my butt down to actually play it. The game looks pretty cool from a distance and the overworld, in particular, appears to be very detailed, presentation-wise, at least. Totally skipped on those videos because I don't want to be spoiled at all on it. :P

Spyro... Never played any game on that franchise. They look like a fun, simple 3D platformer. Wait a second, now that I think about it O.O I HAVE played some form of Spyro game in the past. I just remembered that McDonald's used to hand out this crappy LCD handhelds games on their happy meals circa 2004-2005. I think that may have been my only experience with Spyro so far... As you can guess, probably not a good first impression of the series. I wonder where the hell I stored the ones I got. ? As for why I was ordering happy meals around that time, well, that's a story for another day xD

On 26/11/2018 at 9:56 PM, AndresLionheart said:

I'm not gonna lie, I got that one because it was the newest at the time, and because it had a sexy chick with bare back dress.

8 out 10 times, that's probably the main reason why I pick certain games over others lol :awesome:

I don't have much experience with the Castlevania series. Other than playing the horrible N64 games at the time, which left me traumatized for a lifetime due to how shitty they were. I may have casually played some of the older ones when I was a child but I don't have much of a recollection on them. That's until I finally got the chance to play a proper game in full on the PS3, Lords of Shadow. Man, it was awesome. I know every hardcore Castlevania fan out there hates Lord of Shadow but I loved it. One of the better hack n' slash games I played on the console. I still haven't got to play the second one but the first one really left a good impression on me. As for SotN, that's the one everyone seems to love. Making it like Super Metroid and adding RPG elements to it sure sounds like winning formula to me. Those two are the ones responsible for spawning this new subgenre everyone likes to call Metroidvania. :D 2D sidescrolling exploration at its finest. Would love to get a chance to play it whenever I get a PS4. The whole inverted castle thing sounds enthralling even to this day.

Also, that boss there, Galamoth, definitely glitched out. He was pretty much dancing without hitting you while you sat there on the corner lol.

Ooh, I see you are familiar with James Rolfe as well, AKA as the AVGN. Quite a character online, isn't he? Started checking on his videos a bit late, I think somewhere around the Top Gun episode. Been some time since I last checked his videos but every once in a while I go to his channel to have a good laugh. xD

Edited by Honor_Hand
  • Like 1

@Honor_Hand Doing two quick games after a long JRPG makes it seem like I played a lot, yeah. Plus, with the game I'm currently playing, this is the most trophies I have ever gotten in a single month. I have to cover myself because when Smash comes out I won't have time for anything else =p.

Yes, I did enjoy my time with Zestiria. You do need to be in the mindset for it, though. I think playing Berseria first definitely helped a lot because it made curiosity a driving force, and you don't get spoiled about anything. Although I think it would be best played with 2 players, because the AI is the worst Tales AI I have ever seen... they ruined my Grade earnings in so many battles...

Spyro is actually super simple fun. For us completionists, it actually is a better game than it would be for someone just playing casually. Finding everything in every level and seeing than nice "100%" come out for each one certainly keeps a completionist happy.

I don't remember Spyro toys from McDonald's o.o, but I bet that must have been a VERY crappy game is they included it in a happy meal. I would imagine it was something akin to a Game & Watch game.

Now that you mention Castlevania Lords of Shadows, it reminded me that I did also play Mirror of Fate on 3DS. It was a mix between a metroidvania and the PS3 Lords of Shadow action games. It was not that bad, and the final boss was awesome. I also have both Lords of Shadow games for PS3, but I doubt I will ever play them. You may be the first one that says something good about them xD.

AVGN is the classic of online shows. Kinda like how we have classic anime we watched as kids, like Dragon Ball, AVGN is the classic of the internet. Anyone who plays games can enjoy his stuff, especially those who grew up on the NES/SNES era.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

Spyro is actually super simple fun. For us completionists, it actually is a better game than it would be for someone just playing casually. Finding everything in every level and seeing than nice "100%" come out for each one certainly keeps a completionist happy.

I don't remember Spyro toys from McDonald's o.o, but I bet that must have been a VERY crappy game is they included it in a happy meal. I would imagine it was something akin to a Game & Watch game.

Now that you mention Castlevania Lords of Shadows, it reminded me that I did also play Mirror of Fate on 3DS. It was a mix between a metroidvania and the PS3 Lords of Shadow action games. It was not that bad, and the final boss was awesome. I also have both Lords of Shadow games for PS3, but I doubt I will ever play them. You may be the first one that says something good about them xD.

AVGN is the classic of online shows. Kinda like how we have classic anime we watched as kids, like Dragon Ball, AVGN is the classic of the internet. Anyone who plays games can enjoy his stuff, especially those who grew up on the NES/SNES era.

I was hoping Spyro would provide the same difficult and challenge the Crash Bandicoot trilogy did for me, but it doesn't look like that's the case.

Personally I miss the old Ronald McDonald characters. McDonalds has basically killed anything that was left of him. I don't think anybody will know who the Hamburglar was unless you grew up in the 80s and/or 90s.

I still want to get the PS3 Castlevania games. Not sure when that's going to happen.

James Rolfe (AVGN) and Mike Matei do a weekly series where they play through old/classic games. I remember right when AVGN posted his review of Super Mario Bros 3, which was the first video game I ever played. Definitely gave me some good feelings.

Sometimes I wish Nintendo games had trophy lists. Because I would fucking buy those games in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Yeah, I can imagine that when Smash comes out in a couple of days you won't have much time else in life period until everything is completed haha xD

They were as crappy as you are imagining them, similar to Nintendo's old Game & Watch games but not nearly as durable or with that many details on screen either. They were simple as hell but meh, at least, they gave something back then... Nowadays, you don't get even the cardboard box the food comes in.

I also have both Lords of Shadow games for PS3, but I doubt I will ever play them. You may be the first one that says something good about them xD.

Everyone tells me the same thing xD Cannot speak on the Lords of Shadow but I believe the problem is that, if you are Castlevania fan looking for something true to the lore of the series, then you are going to be disappointed. And if you come looking with combat as fluid and responsive as in the GoW series... then you're also gonna be disappointed. I think I enjoyed the first game a lot because I wasn't expecting anything from it and came with a clean mindset. All I wanted was to whip some monsters with some epic background music and the game delivered on that, despite some frustrating platforming here and there. I would recommend playing the first one at the very least to give it a chance. 

16 hours ago, Spaz said:

James Rolfe (AVGN) and Mike Matei do a weekly series where they play through old/classic games. I remember right when AVGN posted his review of Super Mario Bros 3, which was the first video game I ever played. Definitely gave me some good feelings.

Sometimes I wish Nintendo games had trophy lists. Because I would fucking buy those games in a heartbeat.

Was that the video when he linked the game to a number of satanic references and the one where Super Mecha Death Christ 2000 BC Version 4.0 Beta first appeared, right? That was hilarious. His description of the game was appropriate and the turn of events on the video was just hysterical. Never would have thought SMB3 could have been a product of the devil :awesome:

Me too. Games can be enjoyed without them but I find an achievement/trophy system would be a nice option to have on their titles.

• Like 1

1L889b63.png

inFamous Second Son

Game Difficulty: 4

Platinum Difficulty: 4

Time to Platinum: 20 hours

Thoughts on the game

This was my first PS4 game. My frist trophy earned for it is the exact date of when I bought my console. At that time I really didn't need a PS4 yet because there were no games I was interested in, but since I was in the US I bought one. It is much cheaper there than it is here in Argentina.

Still, I already knew that Tales of Zestiria and Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 were coming out in the near future, so there were a few games I was interested in. But, since I needed one game to try the console out to make sure it worked before coming back to my country, I had to buy something. This game was decent enough looking, and since I like Prototype I guess it was a decent choice (not to mention that it was $40, so I bought my PS4, this game and an extra controller for $500).

I came back to the hotel and played it for a bit, probably about 2 hours. It was okay, but I was very underwhelmed. After all, it was my introduction to the "next" generation. I was playing Fantasy Life on 3DS at the time, so after seeing the console worked fine I continued to play that game during my trip and when I came back home I never touched this game again, until now.

You play as some dude called Delsin Rowe, who becomes a conduit soon after beginning the game. A conduit is a person that can utilize some kind of energy, but Delsin seems to be the only one that can absorb new powers from people, which he doesn't know he can do until he touches a guy with smoke powers.

To the creators credit, I really like the creative "energy" sources used. Instead of the normal thing like fire, ice or wind, the powers are based on Smoke, Neon and Video (there is also Concrete, but it is used by enemies for most of the game and you only unlock it during the final boss, and to be honest, it sucks). There is also a Paper power, but that's more of a side thing. I never unlocked it because the game wanted me to register on some shit online to access it and I didn't give enough shits.

The first thing I noticed is that it really shows how much of an early PS4 exclusive it is. It uses the touch pad for some silly things for "immersion". This is the first and only game I played where the touch pad and gyroscope are used as game mechanics instead of just some side thing or menu control. You have to swipe on the touch pad in different directions to open doors or raise up objects, or touch it to interact with some objects or absorb energy, and the gyroscope is used to use the controller as an aerosol spray can. The controller speaker is also used for "immersion". Some sounds come out from it, like the phone ringing or the one time listening to an enemy helmet audio.

The story is very simple. The reason for Delsin to want to go out and fight the owner of Concrete powers (who's name is Augustine), is because he needs that power to help his buddies who had concrete stuck to their bodies. Although, the main mechanic of the story is being able to be good about it or evil. You can try to expose Augustine's plan to make people fear and discriminate conduits so she can then act as the savior by catching them, or you can just say fuck everything and make people understand by force that you are also people and deserve your own freedom, which of course means just outright killing Augustine. She says she wants to "protect" conduits by keeping them locked up where they are safe from awful normal people, but we can all agree that being locked up in a place to be forgotten is worse than dying.

You have to play it twice for all the trophies, so I was gonna have to play each side regardless. I'm not gonna lie, while there are some shitty choices that have to be made during the evil playthrough, (and the fact that it ends horribly) I liked the game more during the evil side. I especially found it funny that you barely get some sexual tension with the female character when being good, but when you do the same mission as evil you actually get to bang the chick, which kinda makes it feel like evil karma yields better results.

The graphics are okay, but the city feels very small. A lot of the time I wouid look at the map, start moving in a direction I wanted to go only to realize not too long after starting my travel that I have already gone past the place I wanted to go. Going from one side to the other takes not time at all. It also has fast travel but I found it useless: You have to clear a district from the DUP (some special police force specialized in fighting conduits) to unlock it for that section of the map, but you can only fast travel while standing on the marked spot, it can't be done from the map screen. Since the map is so small I ended up only using it twice on my first playthrough (on the second I didn't even unlock any fast travel points because I ignored most things and never completed a disctrict).

I think the thing I didn't like that much at first is that the combat is mostly done at range, unlike Protorypes more melee focused battles. I am not into shooters, so targetting with the right stick is not something I usually do. There are some melee attacks in this game but the options are very limited.

This time around I got a bit better at aiming and got through without any issue, although I would still use as many close range abilities as I could.

Traversal through the city starts a bit limited with the Smoke powers because you can only go up buildings by climbing kinda slowly or finding an exhaust vent around it and going through to the the roof as smoke. Later on with Neon you can run up walls, and then with Video you can practically fly.

This brings me to a few issues I had with the powers: First, there is a severe case of power creep with each power. The new power is always more convenient and useful that the previous one; and second, you cannot freely switch between them, you can only use the last power you absorb energy for. This second part is what also makes it so you rarely want to use the older powers when you unlock new ones. Having to drop the convenience of movement of Video for the more precise aiming of Neon or the AoE grenade of Smoke made it not worth the time. It menas having to go out of the way to absorb the other energy for just this one thing you want to do. Because of this I always stuck to the newest power unless some mission required switching, which there are a few of.

Anyway, overall I liked Prototype's way to handle powers much better (which was just picking them of off a quick menu that slows down the game for a bit).

Thoughts on the Platinum

The usual "go around the city completing each marked thing" sort of deal. The only non-marked collectable becomes marked after destroying the base of the DUP in each district, so everything can be found by just looking at the map.

The need for 2 playthoughs makes the story choices for themselves, so there is not much you would need a guide for. Speaking of which, the guide for this game here in PSNProfiles sucks ass. It is very clear that the standards were way lower back in 2014.

There are a few "challenge" trophies that required doing some specific things to unlock, like killing 3 coughing enemies at once with a Comet Drop, or killing 10 enemies with Ammunition Crates. These are the ones that a guide poiting you to a good place to do them could help, but the guide here has barely any effort put in giving advice for anything, so I ended up finding my own, much better, ways to do these. The "advice" given by the guide creator is usually not even the best way to do any of these.

Playing the game on Expert felt pretty much the same as playing on Normal. All that I noticed change was the map not showing the location of enemies, but I read that you also have less health. I can imagine that being true, but I died fewer times on Expert than I did on Normal, so I guess my experience with the game outwheighed the difficulty increase.

The Media Corner

This time I was a bit more lazy with this so I just made a cut with the whole final boss sequence, followed by the evil ending, then the credits, and finally the platinum popping after you gain back control. Since it is the evil ending you can kinda see why it ends like shit, even without really knowing much of what the story is about. All you need to know to realize why it is a bad ending is that Delsin finally gets the powers required to cure the people who are essentially his family, so he goes back to heal them.

Not a fan of the final boss, though. You are given the shittiest power and have to learn to use it right there. The first part of the fight using Video is much more entertaining to watch.

Platinum Pop. Finishing the game on Expert and with Evil Karma as the last few trophies.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

08af58551a19df2a73ccb36f720388434a1965776b34675c6f69af3f93280330.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Game Difficulty: 3

Completion Difficulty: 5

Time to complete: 61 hours

Thoughts on the game

Super Smash Bros. is a very special series to me. Back in the N64 era we didn't have much money for games, so I could only rent it. I would always rent it and ask a friend to bring some controllers so we could have a blast during my brithday. Since the first one came out I have played each new iteration as soon as it comes out.

This time around the general game mechanics changed the least from the previous one, but in exchange we got a shit ton of characters, stages and music. Given how the mechanics are pretty much identical to Smash 4 it didn't take much to get used to this one. The game speed is a little faster, and there is reduced lag on pretty much every single move across the board, giving room for more APM to come into play for those of us who can process them.

I'm mostly into single player, so the part I was the most interested in was the adventure mode, World of Light. It took me about 22 hours to 100%. From there you can get 75% of the Spirits and all the characters.

From the newcomers I was interested in the Inklings and Richter/Simon, but after trying a bunch of characters I actually got new love for several of the older ones, like Ganondorf and Roy. I also enjoy Inkling, Richter, Incineroar, Young Link, but I'm mostly surprised at how much I enjoy a slow as shit character like Ganondorf. They made him so much better in every way. He is still one of the slowest characters, but his Ocarina of Time look, the use of a sword and just crude power make it a joy to smack around anything that comes in range.

I've heard form some people that the adventure drags on for a bit too long and that it becomes repetitive. Personally I had no problem with its length and fights. Whenever I came across something super hard I would just go around it and leave it for later. After finishing the game, with a lot of buffs from the skill tree and maxed out spirits I went back with an OP strategy and got my revenge. Maybe people just decided to hit their heads against a wall and kept throwing themselves at these "challenges", and if they did that, then they didn't understand the systems offered by the game.

There was a specific moment from the adventure that made me feel exceedingly happy, but it is something that wouldn't have been nearly as surprising if I got some of it spoiled in any way. As such, I will tell it in a spoiler tag:

Spoiler

After clearing the World of Light a dark enemy appears, Dharkon. He is the god or whatever from the World of Darkness. The game continues in this completely different overworld. There is a section based on Zelda that has a bunch of simple riddles to solve to unlock every spirit in it and a boss at the end.

It never occured to me what this boss could be and its silhouette didn't remind me of anything in particular. The battle starts, showing Ganondorf for a moment. It was then when I said out loud: "Holy shit Ganon is a boss in this!?". He then quickly transforms into Ganon from Ocarina of Time. I was already very happy to see that specific Ganon in there, but that was not all. I kept my distance to see his attacks while I shot some projectiles, only to realize it was doing nothing. Except for the first phase of Dracula, every boss is takes damage anywhere they are hit, but here it was different. My smile got even bigger when I realized that I should be hitting him in his weak spot, his tail. I went behind him, hit it, and he took damage. This whole thing was such a call back to OoT, one of my favorite games ever, that I just couldn't hold back the pure joy I was feeling. As soon as the battle ended I texted a friend to share my happiness xD.

Overall the gameplay feel is just as good as always, but there is a little problem of input delay. For whatever reason this game has like 20ms more of input delay than what Smash 4 had.

When I started playing I felt a bit slow, but I thought it was just me being new to the game. Not much later I found out about some tests people did which showed that the input delay here is worse than even Brawl.

My other complaint is the removal of some side modes like All-star mode and every Stadium mini game. There is a multi man smash mode called All-star Smash, but it is just a bunch of other characters infinitely spawning to be killed until you lose. That is not the same.

The other stadium modes would include Homerun Content, the Bomb mini game thing from Smash 4, Break the Targets, modes that would usually give some sort of important reward like an exclusive collectable when beaten with all the characters, giving a reason to do it.

Those are really all the bad things I have to say about the game.

Still, even as big as it is, there is not much to say about it. It is Smash with pretty much all the content that has ever been in every Smash, plus a bit more.

There is also Classic mode, which is the best version it has ever been... except for the difficulty. Every character has its own little series of themed matches. Dark Pit has to fight all the created characters, like Dark Samus and Snake; the Pokemon Trainer has to be the very best, like no one ever was, so he goes around the world fighting Pokemon, etc. My problem with the difficulty is that it is too easy due to the final bosses. Every character has to fight one of the Adventure mode bosses, and that is leagues easier than fucking Master and Crazy Hand, followed by Master Giant, followed by Master Beast, followed by Master Edges, Followed by Master Shadow, followed by Master Fortress (if you got there with a difficulty over 8.0, that is). On top of that you can only start at 5.0 difficulty, with it increasing by a different margin depending on how well you do, or going down if a continue is used. On my very first attempt I got 9.8 with Pit, mainly because he has the toughest type of final boss, enhanced versions of Master and Crazy Hand because you have a bad AI ally.

There are a lot of things to collect, but they made everything too easy to complete. That is why it only took me that amount of time.

Challenges are back, but just like everything else, they are super simple. More info in the completion thoughts down below...

Thoughts on the completion

Technically, I haven't done everything. All that is left are some of the online "challenges", but these include things that are just done through normal gameplay. Basically, all I have to do is fight 200 quick battles, play 30 different characters and fight in 10 arena battles, everything else will get completed naturally while going for those 3. In other words, there is no point in grinding these since I will eventually earn them through regular gameplay during the following years.

The challenges are divided by mode, but whole sections can be completed in 30 to 60 minutes, not counting a lot which are gotten also through normal gameplay. Different from older games, there aren't many ones that ask for some specific difficult task that requires more than just playing.

There are also way more golden hammers to instantly complete challenges. These have always been a thing for those who don't want to deal with some bullshit. These were always very limited but Smash Ultimate hands over like 9, when it used to be 5 or less. Just like in Smash 4, there are a few that are not possible to complete with the hammers. These are usually the very difficult ones, which in Smash 4 included completing Classic on 9.0 without losing a single life, or completing it without any customization items (which usually meant some extra stats). Those were difficult.

Now in Smash Ultimate there are like 3 of these challenges that can't be skipped with a Golden Hammer, and all 3 I completed in a single try... I don't even remember one of them, but the 2 I do remember are: 

• Fighting against 4 level 9 CPUs (no one in teams) and getting 3 KOs with Meteor Attacks in 3 minutes (attacks that hit down in the air and send the enemy flying straight down). I fought against 4 Little Macs in the Mario 2 stage, which has 2 open sections around the middle, making it so everyone is constantly jumping over these gaps. I just kept jump over and attacking down.
  • Winning against a level 9 CPU by 3 points or more. I picked Bowser as my enemy and set the Gust Belows (an overpowered item that deals no damage but pushes the enemy) as the only item. I walked up to Bowser and blew him out of the stage, killing him 3 times in less than 45 seconds...

As you can see, THOSE are some of the hardest ones. Damn, so hard...

Then we have to get 1297 Spirits. It looks like a lot, but 100% of the adventure gives like 75% of that. The rest are gotten through the Spirit Board (a mode with random spirit fights showing up every 5 minutes), summoning using other spirits, enhancing specific level 99 spirits, Fighter Spirits from beating Classic with each character (except Miis), and finally the shop exclusive Fighter ones, which are just the alternate costumes of some characters. There should be a lot of RNG in this, but the game gives a lot of priority to any spirit that you do not have in hand to show up, making the likelyhood of finding a new one extremelly high. For example, in the shop whenever a Fighter Spirit showed up it was NEVER one I already had, I didn't see a repeat ever.

Getting every single Trophy in older games took way more time, mostly because some were hidden behind challenges that required a lot of work to complete.

They will keep adding Spirits (2 more were already added but for now are exclusive to those who have played Pokemon Let's Shit), but since I already have every other one it will be just a matter of going in for a few minutes, get the new ones, and be done again.

The Media Corner

True Ending and my first few experiences with Classic mode. The True Ending contains a lot of important fights, so if you want to get surprised when playing the adventure mode, don't watch it!

An important factor to consider while watching these is that I had conjunctivitis. Because of this I couldn't see too well and I had to keep wiping my eyes every now and then.

Going through the whole thing for the first time.

My first ever Classic Mode run in Ultimate.

My third Classic Mode run. A second attempt with Young Link because on my first one I realized I could easily get to 9.9 Intensity with him. I'm not very good with him, but his final boss is very easy.

• Like 1

1L760146.png

Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online

Game Difficulty: 2

Platinum Difficulty: 2

Time to Platinum: 21 hours

Thoughts on the game

I have been in the mood for a game with cute anime girls for a while. I have played some games which I consider more on the "ecchi" side, like Senran Kagura, Valkyrie Drive and Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, but never something more on the cutesy side like this one.

Not long ago this game was like 70% off, and after checking that it had no missables and that it was a fairly short time commitment I decided to give it a go.

As far as I know this was the first time these guys used Unreal Engine 4. As such, the game is kinda rough. It takes about 3 and a half minutes to load on boot (after that it loads everything pretty much instantly). There is this one dungeon called Unreal World that has very simple looking aesthetics and is decorated with simple shapes, mannequins and UE4 logos. My guess is that they repurposed a place made to practice how to build stuff in UE4 as a dungeon.
Whenever you go into an area it performs like shit for a while, dropping the fps to like 20, and after 15 seconds or so it catches up and works normally. It still has a few hiccups here and there, dropping inputs, locking your character in place, and even this one time the camera just got stuck and didn't want to move at all, forcing me to use an item to escape back to town.

The few graphics that it has are fairly nice looking. I like when games have cartoony graphics with vibrant colors, so I may be biased. I say "few graphics" because most of the game is just menus and static drawings. The dungeons are the only 3D modeled part, and there are like 12 of those. With basic layouts, enemies randomly places around and some chests in dead ends. Overall it is one of those low budget anime games.

The premise is that the girls are invited to a beta of a new version of an online game. The rest is basically an Isekai anime. They make jokes about MMO stereotypes and also reference the one Isekai that made the genre popular, Sword Art Online. For example, at one point a side character discovers some kind of unique skill, so one of the girls says how something like that happened to a guy named Kirio who was the only user of Dual Wielding in some other MMO, or how there are a lot of people with names starting with "Kiri" because of this one legendary player.

On a side note, I really like the opening. It is pretty much an Isekai anime opening with a suprisingly epic song. I'll leave a video of it at the end..

Anyway, by what this kind of games are supposed to sell their product is through their "moe", which I believe refers to having a cast filled with cute anime girls. In this front it does quite well. Another thing I knew about these games is that the protagonists represent the 4 console makers (although Sega doesn't make consoles anymore).

From the initial bunch I stuck with the one that had the best mix of sexy and cute, Noire. Later into the game I found out that she is the lonely type and likes to cosplay wearing cute outfits when no one is around.

Her english voice is very appealing as well (the game includes both japanese and english voices, but I played with english voices. I'm such a fake weeb!). She sounds mature enough, yet caring and cute.

Neptune is supposed to be the main character but she was a bit too annoying for me (although I liked how she would sometimes sing a "Da na na naaaaa", very reminiscing of Zelda's classic jingle, when opening a chest). She talks kinda slowly and is stupid.

Back to Noire, in this game she is a Black Knight. On top of finding her the most atractive one, she was also the only character of the first 4 to solely scale off of Strength, while the others had mixed scaling. This meant that I could focus every little bit of Str improvement on her to get the most benefit to every skill. Under this same philosophy is why I later took out Neptune for her sister, Nepgear, because she was a Mage and scaled solely off of Intelligence. My other 2 picks were support characters.

Inside the spoiler tag I will leave some examples of why I think Noire is best girl:

Spoiler

Vtr0vo1.png

A zoom of the first image you see on boot.

vRw98mr.png

This one time when Neptune found out about the low angle camera.

wQpJiDf.png

A hot one that happened with Uni, Noire's younger sister, because they got surprised by a random monster and fell over. The dialog lets the player know that Uni totally wanted to kiss her sister.

Zm6w09P.png

And finally, Noire trying out some cute clothes and taking pictures of herself when no one else was around. I can't even...

In terms of gameplay the game is very simple, get quests and go to the dungeons. The game uses a very simple system of action combat, so it is just a quiet ride that doesn't require much from the player. One could say that it is trying to emulate one of crappy free to play MMOs, but I think that may be giving it too much credit.

In the beginning it actually reminded me of my times running random Heroic Dungeons with my beloved Protection Paladin in World of Warcraft, because I would sometimes get a group that was so shit that I had to be the tank, 2/3 of the DPS and 1/2 of the healer. In this game the AI is so shit that I was tanking the bosses and dealing the most damage, while the AI stood around doing nothing or got in melee range for no reason, forcing me to move the boss or face it to another direction.
Later it became more of a problem with more aggressive bosses because I didn't have much time to deal damage and Nepgear was getting strong enough to deal as much damage as me. This made it so the bosses would sometimes start focusing her, not stopping until either she or the boss died.

This game piqued my interest for the series, but I know that the other games are nothing like this one. Maybe one day I will check around and see if any of the later installments are worth trying out.

Thoughts on the Platinum

Very straight forward. No missables and everything is in plain sight, except for a side event that happens during a sidequest but only if Rom and Ram are level 14+.

Unlocking all skills for every character was the most boring part for me. It was 2 and a half hours of babysitting and killing mid-game enemies to level up the characters I don't use from level 8-10 to 52-56. This wouldn't be that much of a problem wasn't for the fact that to receive experience the character needs to at least hit the enemy once, so I had to wait for them to attack before destroying the enemy myself.

It can get a little dull because there are like 10 different types of bosses, so you fight recolors of those a bunch of times. Personally I didn't mind it much, but I can see it getting annoying for some people.

The good thing is that sidequests would sometimes unlock one of the cute images I showed, making for a very pleasant reward.

The Media Corner

Popping the Platinum. You are forced to finish the game before all sidequests are unlocked, so I left the final sidequest for the pop.

The Opening. It makes it feel like a damn Isekai Anime alright. This is where all the budget went.

qvBOs1v.png

A look at my Noire's final stats.

• Like 1

Well, it is time for the first edition of...

Year-in-Review 2018

Let's look back at what I played this year and comment a little bit about why I decided to play each game. Since I started doing this stuff after I had already played a few games this year, there are a few I haven't mentioned before (detailed thoughts about almost all of this games can be found through the index in the first post):

• Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (18th February): One day I randomly looked at the boosting sessions and saw someone looking for a partner to boost the 50 online wins required for a few trophies and titles that are required for another trophy. Back when I originally played most of this game I tried playing online to finish up my trophies but I had such a shit experience with rage quitters and players utilizing boring as fuck turtle strats that I just dropped it and forgot about it. I did it without issues with @FinalFan in about 4 hours.
  • Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm (25th February): Going back to play an Ultimate Ninja Storm game for a few hours made me want to actually keep playing. Not long ago, at that time, the first 3 games were rereleased for PS4, so I bought the first one, which didn't have trophies back in PS3, and destroyed it in 9 hours. If it wasn't for the fact that I started a bit late that day and I had to sleep in between play sessions, I would be around the top 10 fastest achievers for this game.
  • Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (25th May): The first game I wrote about on this thread. I have had the objective of obtaining every Tales of platinum for a while, which obviously includes the bad games. One day while at work I started to look at guides for this game and found out about this one guide that detailed how not to miss anything. That was the incentive I needed to tackle one of my least favorite Tales games.
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ (3rd June): I actually started playing this on January, but the goddamn grind for Zeni is so unbearable that I had to space it out a lot to not kill my brain. I got most of it quite easily and finished the ranked stuff by creating my first, and so far only, boosting session. My partner for this was @N0NstopAle0489 .
  • Tales of Xillia 2 (15th June): This one I had left unfinished because I wanted to record my playthrough in Unknown so that I could watch back what a beast I was playing as Ludger. I also wanted to record Tales of Symphonia 2, so I bought a laptop to just use for that and then I got the reminder that PS3 has DHCP and I can't record it throught normal means... so, I postponed this platinum for no reason. All I did was finish what I had left from a year ago.
  • Crash Bandicoot (20th June): After an RPG I wanted something quick. I had heard about people having trouble with these games, which made me more interested since I didn't remember having much trouble with them as a kid. I finished it from one day to the next without much issues. The only seriously annoying part was that DLC level because it is poorly made.
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (1st July): I had this one on my mind for a long time. One day I just simply felt like seeing what this game looked in action and I went for it.
  • Mario Tennis Aces (6th July): This one came out around this time. It had an adventure mode so I was fairly interested. The thing ended up being about 5 hours long. Very disappointing.
  • Secret of Mana (15th July): I had been playing this one for 4 months, starting on March 11th. I was playing it with a friend so we could only play so much each time he was able to come over. We are both into JRPGs but neither of us had ever finished this game, so we decided to go the whole way this time! I enjoyed it quite a bit, but it launched it a terrible state and would crash a lot.
  • Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (18th July): I got this one as a kickstarter backer. I gave my friend the steam code we got to access the game temporarily because the PS4 codes were delayed and he told me the game was great. As soon as I got my PS4 code I played through it while he watched it. I also gave away an extra code for this game in this thread =P. @Honor_Hand got it.
  • Octopath Traveler (22nd August): My friend bought a Switch for this game, we were both very interested in this one since the reveal trailer. I bought two copies of it and we both kinda played it at the same time. For the first time I could share all my thoughts about a new release with a close friend, in fact, we actually recorded a 5 hours discussion we had about every single aspect of the game. I never uploaded it anywhere, though.
  • Mega Man X Legacy Collection (30th August): I was still playing Octopath Traveler when this came out. I was so hyped to finally play some Mega Man X games that I kinda rushed what I had left to complete in Octopath so I could start with the first part of this collection. This were some games that I wanted to play since forever but never got around to. Trophies helped me finally get around to it =P.
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (7th September): Another one of thos backlog games I had lying around since it released on Wii U. It was ported to Switch so I finally decided to play it there.
  • Marvel's Spider-Man (16th September): Well... the AAA game that got me to buy it. I actually wasn't going to buy it until it dropped to like 50%, but I watched MaximilianDood play it for like 30 minutes and he made me want to play it right away.
  • Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (28th September): Since I watched some gameplay from the japanese version I was looking forward to this game. Knowing it was long as fuck I took a week off work just to play day and night, non stop. Best week of 2018.
  • Mega Man 11 (13th October): Another one of those games I was interested in since it was revealed. With the older games still in my backlog, I jumped on this one as soon as it got released.
  • Tales of Zestiria (5th November): Just like with ToS2, I had a sudden interest in going back to this game. Again, while at work, I looked at some resources for info on missables and such and went for it.
  • Spyro The Dragon (16th November): This one looked super nice and pleasant. I was in the mood for something easy and relaxing after a long JRPG with lots of missables. This was released around that time, so I gave it a shot. I actually really want to play the other 2, but I'm leaving them also to unwind after some long JRPG.
  • Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood (26th November): Yet another one of those games I had been wanting to play since forever. Just like before, trophies gave me the incentive to go into them.
  • inFamous Second Son (2nd December): Another one of my objectives is to go back to some abandoned games and complete them to up my completion a bit. This one was also sitting on my PS4 drive and I wanted to delete it to free some space, and since it was an easy and simple platinum I went for it.
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (18th December): One of those hype games that only happens every 5 years or so. I'm a Smash fan to heart and I would never not play one of these on release.
  • Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online (23rd December): Mood was a game with cute anime girls. This was 70% off. Pretty straight forward reasons =P. I also wanted something fast that I could squish before the end of the year.

Oof, that was more than I expected. I may not play that many games, but I always pick stuff that I know I will enjoy.

Awards!

Not gonna make it too long, but I wanted to make some special mentions to some of this games I played because they excelled at something. The things I wanted to make note of are:

My game of the Year: Dragon Quest XI

My time with this game was magical. I had those feelings that rarely happen when playing a game. Thanks to avoiding work for most of the time I played it I was able to completely immerse myself in its world and feel pure and unadulterated videogamey joy. I cut myself from the real world and lived inside Dragon Quest XI for 8 or so days. I would go to sleep and have dreams about still being playing it, just to wake up and then do the things I dreamed about. These are things that can only happen if the game is immersive, so Dragon Quest XI succeeded completely.

Because of this (and all the things I already wrote in my thoughts post), even when a new Smash game came out this year, I still think Dragon Quest XI is the best game of 2018.

But that's not all!

I also wanted to make a special note for the best music, which goes to Octopath Traveler!

Every single song in this game is just amazing. Every character theme, area themes, and especially the battle themes. The best way to show this is with some examples, so here are some tracks so we can all enjoy and remember:

Decisive Battle 2

Spoiler

Favorite battle theme. It gets you pumped right away after a dramatic scene before the battle starts.

Battle 2

Spoiler

The regular battle theme you will hear the most and the reason why I pretty much never ran from any battle.

They Who Govern Reason

Spoiler

Battle theme of the secret job bosses

The One They Call the Witch

Spoiler

Holy shit the violins on this OST sound great... This one is from the first part of the secret final superboss. Fuck it makes the fight epic!

New Year's Resolution!

For this next year I want to go back to at least 1 abandoned game from my list, om top of Tales of Symphonia which is gonna be my 50th Platinum. The candidates are:

• Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland
  • DmC: Devil May Cry
  • Time and Eternity
  • Prototype

Anyway, with all that I'm done! Nobody is gonna read this shit, but it is cool to have to look back at the end of next year =p.

• Like 1

Anyway, with all that I'm done! Nobody is gonna read this shit, but it is cool to have to look back at the end of next year =p.

Hey hey, don't feel bad Andres. First thing I will be doing tomorrow morning after breakfast is to come here and catch up on what you have been up to. I see I have a lot of catching up to do lol.

Cheer up. Enjoy the Fin de Año. Do you have your drinks ready for the night? I have a wine bottle here at the very least. Priorities straight. Gonna sip on that one while the year passes away, hopefully forgetting all the bad things with it haha. Estamos hablando colega. Saludos. Disfrute el fin de año con sus amigos y familiares o jugando enviciado, como usted mas prefiera. ;) 

• Like 1

Hey there, happy new year!

I read most of your 2018 shitmarry, if you need another sparring/boosting session for another game we have in common, you're welcome!

Just checked your games, and maybe you should take a look at main Neptunia games.

Spoiler

Personal goddesses ranking: Neptune, Blanc, Vert, Noire.

Also, I'm sure you can complete Naruto Storm 3, your missing trophies aren't the most difficult for this one.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Hey hey, don't feel bad Andres. First thing I will be doing tomorrow morning after breakfast is to come here and catch up on what you have been up to. I see I have a lot of catching up to do lol.

Cheer up. Enjoy the Fin de Año. Do you have your drinks ready for the night? I have a wine bottle here at the very least. Priorities straight. Gonna sip on that one while the year passes away, hopefully forgetting all the bad things with it haha. Estamos hablando colega. Saludos. Disfrute el fin de año con sus amigos y familiares o jugando enviciado, como usted mas prefiera. ;) 

I drank some champagne and ate some sweets. I have never been one to care for visiting my family, but I do it for my grandmas and grandpa. When their time comes I will just stay alone at home.

When I went back home I spent the night listening to Octopath Traveler and some anime music.

I'm not sure what was the last thing you read, but I'm sure you have a lot to go, lol.

6 hours ago, FinalFan said:

Hey there, happy new year!

I read most of your 2018 shitmarry, if you need another sparring/boosting session for another game we have in common, you're welcome!

Just checked your games, and maybe you should take a look at main Neptunia games.

Reveal hidden contents

Personal goddesses ranking: Neptune, Blanc, Vert, Noire.

Also, I'm sure you can complete Naruto Storm 3, your missing trophies aren't the most difficult for this one.

I've been thinking about checking the mainline Neptunia games but I'm not sure, the battle system looked a bit boring. I played this one because I knew it was short.

What is that nonsense goddess rank! What makes you rank Noire so low D=? Is she annoying in the main series?

I know whats left of UNS3 isn't hard, but it is just a grind of 100 missions with barely changing rules. When I already have a Platinum it is not common for me to go back to reattain the 100%. I would do it if it was somethinf short, though.

About Neptunia games, so far I played the first two ones on PS3 (and started with spinoff PSV games lol), while the first can be pretty annoying for sure (especially when you're aiming for :platinum:), mk2 is already an improvment even it actually seems Compile Heart games are very similar (played  Fairy Fencer F before because this one is a standalone, no sequel).

What I really like about this series are characters for sure, and its writing, references.

Yeah Noire is annoying to me, too much basic tsundere. Her little sister Uni is better while having same traits as her sister.

Spoiler

Best girl should be Plutia / Iris Heart, but I have to play Nep V (3rd game) to make sure of it.

I only know her so far thanks to her appearance in Nep Sega Hard Girls.

All right. A little bit late but here I am. ? Last time I read up on you here was after you posted on InFamous Second Son, imagine that :facepalm: I really appreciate your posts but lately, I have been having less and less time to come here and talk or flat-out game at all. Things got worse here and I need to buckle up and put the extra hours at work and well, you know how that is. 

Anyways, regarding Second Son. It's always nice to go back and finish one of those long forgotten games in the backlog, am I right? Do you think it was a proper game to start up with your console back when you got it? I played both InFamous and InFamous 2 on PS3 and I thought they were alright. I mean, there is nothing inherently bad about the games but they just came off as "okay" titles to me. Now that I have a PS4, I'm not particularly looking for Second Son but I guess I could give it a go if I happen to spot it at a ridiculously cheap price. :)

Next on the list is Smash. Whoa, what I can say about this one that hasn't been said already? I see you had an overall good time with it despite some minor shortcomings here and there and, well, the difficulty not being up to your level. Whenever I get a Switch (if that ever happens...), I'm planning for Smash Ultimate to be my first game. Played Brawl to the death on Wii and probably sank more than 700 hours on that alone just playing with friends and family locally. I know it's not exactly the best in the series but it still was an awesome game for me. I think they got rid of tripping on the more recent Smash installments, don't they? God, I totally hated that on Brawl >.< Other than that, great performance on that one. Saw your first runwith Pit on Classic mode and thought it was pretty impressive for a first time there.

Cyberdimension Neptunia 4: Goddesses Online. Relax Andres, we all know why we play these games :awesome: Pretty straightforward and with a lot of technical shortcomings. Aren't most Idea Factory games like that lol? We are here for the moe though. There is not much I can say about the series. I have Neptunia Mk2 on PS3 and Rebirth 1 & 2 on Vita but I haven't touched any of those yet. Just as with many other titles in my library, I'd need to find some time to actually sit and play them. When that will be? I have no idea, hopefully soon. Lovely images up there btw. I don't know about the personality of each of the girls but judging by looks alone, I think you went for the best waifu with Noire there my boy. Great pick ? It seems we have a similar taste on waifus <3

I also enjoyed reading your 2018 summary. Need to do something like that on my checklist too. It should be piling up dust somewhere here around the forum ? Maybe I can do that tomorrow...

Quite the good progress throughout the year. More than 20 games completed with you enjoying most of said titles. Here's hoping 2019 bring many more exciting new games for you. :D

Also, I need to thank you again for that code you gave me on Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. Now that I have a PS4, I was able to download that one and I'm planing to play it at some point before the end of the month. Thanks again, Andres. :) 

• Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland
  • DmC: Devil May Cry
  • Time and Eternity
  • Prototype

Out of these candidates you have here, I can only talk on Time and Eternity. Great idea, terrible-not enough-budget-execution. It is a pretty easy and quick Platinum compared to most JRPGs and there are some things to enjoy in the game, namely, the hand-drawn characters, the excellent music, the unique and fun take on combat and maybe (and it is a BIG maybe), the absurd story but be warned that the game gets old fast. Fortunately, it ends very quickly but recycled content everywhere my friend and some nasty glitches here and there too. Also, some extra animations and playable characters would have probably helped a lot. It's an okay game, very different from every other JRPG but far from polished.

The others,either I don't own them or haven't played them yet but I if could cast cast a vote, I'd go to Atelier Meruru :eyebrow:

And the shit was read lol

Espero que tengas un feliz y prospero comienzo para este año. ^_^

• Like 1