Ancient's Heart

DrakeHellsing

Okay, this is going to annoy me, I've only gotten 2 our of the required 3 hearts to make the last piece of armour for this set and in turn, get the trophy.  but the Ancients I've been facing don't seem to drop them at all.  Is it only certain Ancients that are suppose to drop them? And if so, where would be the best place to get a 3rd heart from?

26 minutes ago, ManaFear said:

Have you checked the "Lost Items" tab in the shop to make sure that there aren't any waiting for you already? There are more than enough in the game for the set, so it's strange that they just stop.

I've checked it here and there, but nothing, and I do make sure to pick up all the loot from an Ancient as well.  So I do think it's weird that there's no other hearts dropping for me at the moment.

Though I did read once that you could try and get it in the fire realm (I cannot spell the name of that place), something to do with a trial you can repeat where you fight an Ancient.  But not certain on that, I only did the first trial, both normal and hard version, then went off to do other stuff.

Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

I've checked it here and there, but nothing, and I do make sure to pick up all the loot from an Ancient as well.  So I do think it's weird that there's no other hearts dropping for me at the moment.

Though I did read once that you could try and get it in the fire realm (I cannot spell the name of that place), something to do with a trial you can repeat where you fight an Ancient.  But not certain on that, I only did the first trial, both normal and hard version, then went off to do other stuff.

This is true, several of the trials in Muspelhiem feature Ancients that you will need to kill, so you could always try there to be sure. I'm not sure if you've done the side quest yet, but in the "Hail to the King" side quest for Brok and Sindri, there is a semi-missable Ancient lying around on the left side of the Konunsgard area.

2 hours ago, ManaFear said:

This is true, several of the trials in Muspelhiem feature Ancients that you will need to kill, so you could always try there to be sure. I'm not sure if you've done the side quest yet, but in the "Hail to the King" side quest for Brok and Sindri, there is a semi-missable Ancient lying around on the left side of the Konunsgard area.

Not sure if I did fight that one or not... but I think I did fight it.  I just saw the pile of rocks, attacked it for its loot and yeah.  But sadly, no heart, so my best bet would have to be these trials now.  I'll be doing them eventually.  Still got a bit to do in the game, granted, I'll need to do those trials first, as it looks like at the top of the mountain, one of the Valkyries resides there (beaten two of them so far).

Edit: Okay, so I had some waiting for me at the shop for some reason.  So I was able to make what I needed for the trophy :D

Edited by DrakeHellsing
  • Like 1