PayPal/Ebay Question?

SlaveBeastTaka

Wazz Up Peeps

This might sound little crazy lol. and, a little wierd or awkawrd to ask this kind of question. But, then again. I feel like this is the perfect place. If you guys wouldnt mind giving me some advice on this situation. Thank you. a ton. I bought a PS4 Pro on ebay. Through PayPal. It's post to come today or tomorrow. Because i bought it over seas. and, it takes couple of weeks. to come to the US. On paypal. it said i already purchase it. But, i remember. i called my card. And, it didnt go through. i still had the same amount of money. But, now im little worried. because, i cant contact the seller. he deleted his account on ebay. right after i purchased it. then little bit later. he sent me a message. saying, they will do their best and such. in their future endeavors lol. No but, in all serious. I'm thinking i should just wait. I cant' complete the purchase. And, I get  paid this weekend. Do i just wait. or will get my ps4 today. and pay it in full. come this Friday. or do i have to contact the post office. I have the money for it. but, its 20 cents short. And, it's been 2 weeks. starting today, would be the 3rd week. On paypal he wants 69.70 dollars for it. but on ebay its 67.26 dollars. I have 69.55 cents. 

Also, the crazy part is. I only paid 67 dollars for it lol. I'm not BSing. i'm very lucky. here is some proof. 

The images are little big. but, i want to make sure you guys can see it. 

IMG_0097.png 

IMG_0096.png

IMG_0095.png

Paypal gives insurance. You can call Ebay and they can help track it. If the money went through and it doesn't come you get refunded. Tbh looking at it, it doesn't look legit at all lol. He could've deleted his account or Ebay got rid of him

• Like 2

Are you saying that the item has been sent out, but you haven't actually paid anything yet?

If so, I wouldn't pay anything until you see what arrives. It's a seller with 0 feedback who's put up a popular item with about a 90% discount. If whatever turns up to your house is a PS4, I'll be amazed.

I also had a look and saw that the user you bought from was based in France. This guy who's put up the same discounted bundle was also based in France: https://www.ebay.it/itm/PS4-CONSOLE-PRO-1TB-BLACK-4K-GT-SPORT-PS4-ITA-GRAN-TURISMO-SPORT-BUNDLE/202295936427?hash=item2f19c705ab:g:iicAAOSwwzla3SUA

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SlaveBeastTaka said:

i cant contact the seller. he deleted his account on ebay. right after i purchased it. then little bit later. he sent me a message. saying, they will do their best and such. in their future endeavors lol.

This screams out 'con artist' to me. I will genuinely be surprised if the console even makes it to your front door. You've been scammed from the looks of things. Why would he delete his account right after purchase? Selling it for that price aswell for a Pro? Nope something seems completely fishy there. 

• Like 1

Call PayPal and make sure that transaction doesn't go through. Call your bank and make sure the transaction doesn't go through. Do not click on anything verifying you got it. Do not agree to pay the seller in any other method besides PayPal.

This is clearly a scam.

• Like 1

This looks like a scam in any way you look at it. The price of the bundle alone should be enough indication that this is a fake offer.

If your purchase hasn't arrived or what arrived is clearly not what you ordered (i.e. a rock inside a PS4 box) you should be protected by both eBay and Paypal. I cannot remember how much time does eBay Money Back Guarantee last (I think it is 30-45 days?) but you should be protected with Paypal for about 60 days from the date of your purchase. If the seller refuses to refund your money or doesn't answer your communications, you have all the right to dispute your money back through Paypal.

Good luck.

EDIT; Also, a good tip. Try to avoid new sellers or offers that look too good as to be true.

Edited by Honor_Hand
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for the advice and feedback!! <3<3 

I did little bit of research and supposedly purchasing a item from France takes about two months. the way they shipped purchase items from ebay is kind of shitty. But, Where as china takes about 4-6 weeks. So i should get my ps4 some time next week. or the following after that. I bought it on the 16th of April. I'm just going to keep my hopes up. :)<3<3 

14 hours ago, SlaveBeastTaka said:

Thanks guys for the advice and feedback!! <3<3 

I did little bit of research and supposedly purchasing a item from France takes about two months. the way they shipped purchase items from ebay is kind of shitty. But, Where as china takes about 4-6 weeks. So i should get my ps4 some time next week. or the following after that. I bought it on the 16th of April. I'm just going to keep my hopes up. :)<3<3 

I wouldn’t even wait it out to be honest. I’m assuming PayPal gives you “30 days” that’s pushing you close to not being able to receive your money back.

no seller removes their account right after a purchase if they are legit.

5 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I wouldn’t even wait it out to be honest. I’m assuming PayPal gives you “30 days” that’s pushing you close to not being able to receive your money back.

no seller removes their account right after a purchase if they are legit.

If I understand the first post right, I don't think the money actually transferred to the seller, so OP should be okay (besides possible disappointment)

• Like 1

Turns out Paypal actually protects your transaction for more time than I originally said. Paypal's Purchase Protection actually covers you for 180 days starting from the day of your purchase or payment. If your account is in good standing and you can prove that the seller didn't send out anything, you can open a dispute and ask for your money back.

As a matter of fact, I recently had an issue with a Chinese seller with some stuff I bought. Shipment never arrived and the seller actually had a lot of positive feedback. My package was sent without a tracking number and it never appeared. Waited around 80 days since the day of purchase and never got anything, seller didn't answer my messages through eBay so I opened a dispute with Paypal and got my money back.

Never ever make any payments or deals outside of ebay, the moment you do, you lose your buyer money back guarantee protections. Not only that, but they can send fake emails to make it seem like you've either been paid as a seller, or you bought something as a buyer

On 2018/4/23 at 3:54 PM, Honor_Hand said:

This looks like a scam in any way you look at it. The price of the bundle alone should be enough indication that this is a fake offer.

If your purchase hasn't arrived or what arrived is clearly not what you ordered (i.e. a rock inside a PS4 box) you should be protected by both eBay and Paypal. I cannot remember how much time does eBay Money Back Guarantee last (I think it is 30-45 days?) but you should be protected with Paypal for about 60 days from the date of your purchase. If the seller refuses to refund your money or doesn't answer your communications, you have all the right to dispute your money back through Paypal.

Good luck.

EDIT; Also, a good tip. Try to avoid new sellers or offers that look too good as to be true.

you have 30 days after the estimated delivery date has passed to file a claim through ebay, and seeing as the seller was removed from ebay, I would advise him to go ahead and file a claim to get his money back. Clearly a scam. Makes sellers like myself look bad

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1