DLC confirmed?? *spoiler* *post story*

Erkawest

Hey, just discovered this!

After you beat the story, travel back to your home. Go to your bed and it gives you the option to sleep.

A dream shows us that *badumtss* Thor will come and try to strike against Kratos! Arteus talks about this being a future event after waking up!

Awesome!

Yeah, pretty much.  I mean the game often mentions Ragnarok as well to happen, and since Kratos has killed Baldr, it's happening earlier than intended.  So I assume with Thor showing up, that's just before Ragnarok is suppose to start and I am guessing he's finding Kratos to possibly kill him at Odin's request.

So yeah, a sequel would definitely be the better option here.

But if DLC were to happen, I would say, they should go with another mission/favour route, maybe another god to beat up in the process or another Norse creature.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Naww God of War never has DLC ... They already said it will be a trilogy! Then I hope to Japan and all those myths and gods NOW THAT WILL BE EPIC!!!!

There were hints about the Pantheons of Japan and Egypt in the game. Both would be awesome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sicho said:

There were hints about the Pantheons of Japan and Egypt in the game. Both would be awesome.

Ah, I was wondering what the other symbol was at that point, didn't know it was Japan.  I knew the obvious Egypt one, and Greek of course, being obvious (being mentioned here and there too).

Heck, I think at one point, Egyptian mythology was considered for the game instead of Norse.  But heck, if they went with Japan and Egypt at another point, that would be awesome.

Yeah Thor for the 2nd game and probably Odin for the 3rd and final.

1 hour ago, NutellaOrgies said:

It said years later so it would be another game. 

Unless they have Loki find out how to use his power and they travel to the future to fight him

Loki timetravel? Maybe in the Avengers but not here =)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Loki timetravel? Maybe in the Avengers but not here =)

Loki doesn't need to have time travel powers. Time travel can be done via Yggdrasil, I think.

8 hours ago, NutellaOrgies said:

It said years later so it would be another game. 

no more than three years though. It's Fimbulwinter at the end of the game, so Ragnarök is near. Fimbulwinter lasts for three years (three summers) and then it's Armageddon, Baby! :D

1 minute ago, Sicho said:

Loki doesn't need to have time travel powers. Time travel can be done via Yggdrasil, I think.

Yeah, Mimir (I believe) even mentions about the World Serpent being thrust back in time to before he was born.  I forget the details, but I think that was also connected to Ragnarok as well.  Not sure if he mentioned the World Tree as well in said story or not though.

it'll be a sequel. I just hope they don't take long. I hate how game sequels take so long nowadays. if they keep similar designs etc and combat. it's really just figuring out more areas

I hope 2.5 years tops for it.

I think God of War 1 was 05, 2 was 07 (?) 3 was 2010/2013 for remaster.  and tbis was a debut on a new console for 2018.

not sure how long it would take. there's long like 2 to 4 years. and then there's long like KH3/FFXV.  and then mythical like FF7 remake (it's not coming out before 2022).

point is I want sequel sooner than later lol

8 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, Mimir (I believe) even mentions about the World Serpent being thrust back in time to before he was born.  I forget the details, but I think that was also connected to Ragnarok as well.  Not sure if he mentioned the World Tree as well in said story or not though.

That was when Yggdrasil was shattered in Ragnarök. That's why I think the world tree can be used somehow for time travel.
Also, they use the world tree to travel between realms and time is different between the realms (and especially in the realm between realms) so it is already some sort of time travelish :D

8 hours ago, Sicho said:

no more than three years though. It's Fimbulwinter at the end of the game, so Ragnarök is near. Fimbulwinter lasts for three years (three summers) and then it's Armageddon, Baby! :D

There are no summers before ragnarok fimbulwinter is just a 3 year long hard winter.

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

There are no summers before ragnarok fimbulwinter is just a 3 year long hard winter.

I referenced a sentence in the game where Brok says that it's the winter that lasts three summers.

Basically a fancy way of saying that it's a three-year long winter.

On 24/04/2018 at 11:51 PM, nazareth357 said:

Yeah there were 4 Pantheon's shown that Tyr traveled to. Greece, Egypt, Japan, and the Mayan Empire

Nope, my friend. The four pantheons were greek, egyptian, japanese and celtic, not mayan.

Edited by thiagoam87