Brave Neptunia - New PS4 Title by Artisan Studios

ThiophenSJ

8 hours ago, ShadowStefan said:

I dunno what all of you have against a Western studio. I too prefer Japanese games in general, but if Compile Hearts chose Artisan, then I think they know what they are doing. ;) 

I support it since one of the major complaints of the Neptunia Series it that the plot gets repetitive and it is not interesting at all besides the main games (Original, mk2, Victory, Victory 2). New Studio, New Ideas.

20 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

They are western :awesome: 

Idea Factory has been acting exactly like a Western Studio for years now more specifically Activision. They release neptunia games every fucking year. Hell, Brave Neptunia is the only new thing we have because Idea Factory announced that they are remaking the Re;birth Series for PS4. They are literally remaking a remake.

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I didn't miss it.

I simply ignored it.

I did the same. I wrote this when I found out about Re;Birth1+. My reaction to this spin-off is the same, except I care even less now:

On 2/5/2018 at 10:06 PM, Cave_Johnson_ said:

Well, that's one thing I didn't expect to happen at all. I was kind of hoping there would be a new game in this series that wasn't a remaster, spin-off, or whatever the hell the VR version of VII would be called.

VII came out three years ago. Since then, it's been nothing but spin-offs, VII VR, and Re;Birth1+ (comes out next month I think). I most likely won't buy this or VII VR; I just don't care anymore. I might get Re;Birth1+ eventually, though.

Edited by Cave_Johnson_
  • Like 2

Having played Cyberdimension Neptunia for KYC, I am intrigued. They did show them working a bit on the game and I like the way it's going. I might play it when it comes out. ;)

Also, loved seeing the ending credits for Hyperdimenion Neptunia V, it was a love letter to all of the classic RPGs and action games like Legend of Zelda, Dragon Quest, Earthbound, and whatnot. :D

11 hours ago, TheVader66 said:

Idea Factory has been acting exactly like a Western Studio for years now more specifically Activision. They release neptunia games every fucking year. Hell, Brave Neptunia is the only new thing we have because Idea Factory announced that they are remaking the Re;birth Series for PS4. They are literally remaking a remake.

They can act western as long as they are Japanese :awesome: 

This is a new official Neptunia game being developed in French Canada...

What the fuck.

Edited by Crzy Minus

12 hours ago, Iris Heart said:

31224456_1722713177812214_44804486359629

A self-proclaimed hero and her merry companions travel around the world.

2D games—planar games made up of pixels and illustrations. In one of many dimensions, there exists a Gamindustri built upon 2D games.

In this world ruled by an organization called “Silkworm,” which worships 2D games, people create 2D games and pay taxes in game casettes.

It is rumored that those who produce poor games and games that make use of new technologies are sent to the trial grounds, where their spirits are destroyed. In this Gameindustri, which damns that sort of future to hell, a girl who lost her memories awakens.

The girl, who knows not left from right, headed to the neighboring town under the order of Silkworm, but monsters blocked her way. She fought back with a cypress stick that had dropped and won a splendid victory.

It was then that she knew for certain. That she is a hero, the protagonist of this game named Neptune. The self-proclaimed hero Neptune will encounter various people and go on a journey with a mysterious book (Histoire).

Now this sounds like a funny adventure :lol:

Characters which everyone might know

Spoiler

Neptune

Brave Neptunia

The overwhelming protagonist whose name is even in the title of the game.

However, when she regained consciousness, she had lost her memories and could only remember her name. She could not recall what kind of person she was at all.

Once a monster attacked, she was convinced that she is a “hero.” And with her inborn, unnecessarily high energy, she gathers up friends and sets off on a journey to discover the truth.

Spoiler

Noire

Brave Neptunia

When she regained consciousness, she had lost her memories and began looking for clues as to who she is. The only thing she could remember is her name.

After encountering Blanc, who had also lost her memories, she lives with her via the rewards they earned at the guild.

The considerable lack of clues to her memories often cause her to become irritated. However, it seems as though she feels refreshed after laying down.

Spoiler

Blanc

Brave Neptunia

When she regained consciousness, she had lost her memories and could only remember her name.

She lives with Noire, who also lost her memories, via the rewards they earned at the guild.

She has a vigorous spirit of inquiry for when it comes to books, while the search for her memories comes second.

She is quick-witted, but when she does not know what to do, she has an intracranial meeting to figure out a solution.

Spoiler

Vert

Brave Neptunia

She was taken in by an innkeeper when she collapsed, and has since been living rent-free.

She lost her memories and can only remember her name.

In exchange for dropping off supplies at a nearby resistance base, she gets to continue living a life of playing games forever.

She is happy with this life and seems to be comparatively indifferent about her memories.

Spoiler

Histoire

Brave Neptunia

A reasonably thick book.

There are some unreadable characters within its contents.

It seems to have emotions, and sometimes shines.

There`s a Hero Edition and the items are:

1. Tsunako-illustrated special-make box – A beautiful box featuring an illustration by Neptunia series character designer Tsunako.
  2. Visual art book – A gorgeous visual book featuring character introductions, Brave Neptunia dungeon and monster designs, and more.
  3. Brave Neptunia soundtrack – Includes all of the background music featured in the game, including battle and event songs.
  4. Pre-order bonus product code – A product code to download an original PlayStation 4 dynamic theme.

29 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

A self-proclaimed hero and her merry companions travel around the world.

2D games—planar games made up of pixels and illustrations. In one of many dimensions, there exists a Gamindustri built upon 2D games.

In this world ruled by an organization called “Silkworm,” which worships 2D games, people create 2D games and pay taxes in game casettes.

It is rumored that those who produce poor games and games that make use of new technologies are sent to the trial grounds, where their spirits are destroyed. In this Gameindustri, which damns that sort of future to hell, a girl who lost her memories awakens.

The girl, who knows not left from right, headed to the neighboring town under the order of Silkworm, but monsters blocked her way. She fought back with a cypress stick that had dropped and won a splendid victory.

It was then that she knew for certain. That she is a hero, the protagonist of this game named Neptune. The self-proclaimed hero Neptune will encounter various people and go on a journey with a mysterious book (Histoire).

Now this sounds like a funny adventure :lol:

Definitely, sounds goood, sounds really good, it seems they won't be the super powered and worshipped Goddesses as always, it seems like Silkworm is assuming that role. Maybe the western developer will gonna bring something with quality. I really hope this will gonna be a good game, I don't wanna get a short and plain game just like the ones developed by Tamsoft.

I'm looking forward to this. Still no definite word on an english localization, but seeing as news for this is pretty much just starting, perhaps we'll get confirmation leading up to the JP release.

Edited by acasto
typo

Waiting Vita confirmation... Also, how hard could be to put english subtitles (or even french) to a game developed on Canada and make a worldwide release? I just don't get it.

1 hour ago, Katt said:

Also, how hard could be to put english subtitles (or even french) to a game developed on Canada and make a worldwide release? I just don't get it.

I couldn't care less if there was a dub or not, but I'm sure that a number of people would be pissed if this happened. Also, IF Intl. is incredibly slow. By the time VIIR comes out in the west, it will have been over eight months since the Japanese release date. I don't know how it has taken this long when most of the work was already done.

On 2018-04-24 at 11:57 PM, Cave_Johnson_ said:

I did the same. I wrote this when I found out about Re;Birth1+. My reaction to this spin-off is the same, except I care even less now:

VII came out three years ago. Since then, it's been nothing but spin-offs, VII VR, and Re;Birth1+ (comes out next month I think). I most likely won't buy this or VII VR; I just don't care anymore. I might get Re;Birth1+ eventually, though.

Is there any reason to get vanilla VII with VII VR coming out? Are they exactly the same but one has VR stuff?

21 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Is there any reason to get vanilla VII with VII VR coming out? Are they exactly the same but one has VR stuff?

I guess vanilla would be cheaper, but VIIR has a bunch of upgrades to the main game too.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

I'm probably not the best person to ask; I haven't been reading much about it since I lost interest quite a while ago. I did find this list through google, though. I can't personally vouch for its credibility, but it seems legitimate:

https://amp.reddit.com/r/gamindustri/comments/6wuaat/neptunia_vii_viir_changes_compilation/

I tried to paste the text here, but trying to do it from my phone wasn't going well. 

Edited by Cave_Johnson_

Is sad how If wants to make the most Money and so this will end on Switch (where i wanna see how many people will get it since i always see comments on every AAA Title beggin for switch...) instead of Vita where the Series Grew up in the last years....

Anyway if the game is similar to Child of light like it seems well then, i have to get since i Loved that title and with Nep should be great :3