Plat Race of the Maidens 2018

Who do you think we win?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which maiden will win?

@Mesopithecus Congrats. I personally enjoyed Demon Gaze until I had to fight the final story bosses and realized that without specific skills you are more or less destined to loss. This was a total letdown for me as I didn't feel like leveling up some new characters up from the ground. And you might want to check the image: 

Spoiler

Z2aT5r6.png

Seems like a protection against hot-linking. ;) 

Edited by Crimson Idol

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

@Mesopithecus Congrats. I personally enjoyed Demon Gaze until I had to fight the final story bosses and realized that without specific skills you are more or less destined to loss. This somehow was a total letdown for me as I didn't feel like leveling up some new characters up from the ground. And you might want to check the image: 

Reveal hidden contents

Z2aT5r6.png

Seems like a protection against hot-linking. ;) 

Thanks for the heads up on the image, it seemed to be working for me until I refreshed the page.  Ended up just taking it out - everyone else will have to play the game to see best girl :P

The final story bosses were the only ones I needed a couple of attempts, I felt like some of their mechanics were pretty unfair and needed a bit of luck.  

Great plats earned all-around. I'm thoroughly enjoying the competitive element, but it seems I'm slowing down a bit. Probably going through a bit of burn-out. I blame the heat! Pun intended. It's really uncomfortable to play with the temp going past 28C.

If you ever need any assistance with updates, just let me know.  I've been keeping a spreadsheet anyway with scores, deductions etc. 

As for my bonus games, I'm currently planning for one of them to be Platinum #150, just need to decide whether to start preparing it or work on other games to get closer to that milestone first.

• Like 1

Just now, Mesopithecus said:

It's alright so far, seems like it has a steep learning curve with the battle mechanics but I'm making decent progress for the short amount of time I've actually played it.

How's Berseria?

Amazing! I don't want to play anything else, but I'm playing Rise of the Tomb Raider along side my sister. Let's just say, I'm getting further and further away from where she's at in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2018 at 10:40 AM, Mesopithecus said:

Plat #9.  Demon Gaze - 312.50 points

1Lc3c4f1.png

I wish the platinum image for this was a bit more imaginative - now if the image was Fran this would have found it's way into my trophy cabinet.  I have nothing but good things to say about this game, I started it on a whim and it's easily become one of my favorite Dungeon Crawlers.  The story is pretty decent, and the dungeons are done in a way that they don't overstay their welcome.  The game is pretty balanced too and I enjoy being able to customize how your characters level up.  Speaking of characters, the artwork is awesome - Fran is easily the best character and I know @Dragon-Archon would agree with me :D

There are no missable trophies which is always nice, and there isn't a whole lot of grind either (no ridiculous kill 30,000 enemies trophies)  I feel like I was pretty lucky with the 2 RNG trophies too.

Enjoyment: 10/10

Always thought about going for this but it was so expensive. If it drops in price next month, I might get it. Right now I am prepping to getting a used PS3 tomorrow because I deserved it - I spent a week walking from my parent house six blocks down and back to feed their dogs and water their chickens. (Yes, they own chickens.) :)

28 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Always thought about going for this but it was so expensive. If it drops in price next month, I might get it. Right now I am prepping to getting a used PS3 tomorrow because I deserved it - I spent a week walking from my parent house six blocks down and back to feed their dogs and water their chickens. (Yes, they own chickens.) :)

I think you'd enjoy it.  Keep an eye on the Playstation Store deals, because it's been on sale a couple of times for around $7.99.  I want to play the second one too but I'm waiting for more of a price drop, gives me chance to get through some of my backlog.  

I've always wanted to keep chickens but have never had the space for it, I'd call them all old lady names as I feel that's fitting for chickens :giggle:

5 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Plat #14.  Omega Quintet - 2,000 points

1L780ac1.png

The first of my double point games completed.  It was enjoyable, however I feel I would have had more fun had it not been for some outside factors affecting my general mood.  Story was alright, main character was annoying, battles can be frustrating at times thanks to the Order Break mechanic, but it's manageable.  Half the time I powered through boss battles because I couldn't be bothered to reload a lot of times to get optimal setups.  The grind wasn't so bad at the end, the extra kills I needed for 10k only took me around 3-4 hours of manual grinding.

Taking an Internet break at the moment, but will be back on when I have another update.

Congrats! Enjoy your break :) 

17 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Just platinumed that game too and it quite an interesting game to say the least. Easy to get into because all you do is drag stuff about and click on a spot to make the old man move, but the Smooth Ride trophy was nerve-wracking. Great job, Meso! ^_^

I know what you mean about Smooth Ride, took me a couple of attempts to get it -_-

On 8/17/2018 at 7:02 PM, Mesopithecus said:

Plat #15. Old Mans Journey - 25 points

1L39749a.png

Wow....someone must be chopping some onions in here (I'm not really crying, honest!)  The animation of the game is gorgeous, and for most part it's an enjoyable but short puzzle adventure game, where you manipulate the terrain to navigate through the areas.  The story behind the game though is pretty sad and really hit me in the feels.  Picked it up for relatively cheap in the digital discounts sale and I'm glad that I did.

Sounds like an amazing story. I know it's on sale now, but I'll have to wait for the next one to buy it. Thanks for your review. I would've missed the game entirely.