Plat Race of the Maidens 2018

Who do you think we win?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which maiden will win?

9 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

@Mesopithecus - How's Ultra Despair Girls? The game has been lingering in my Vita for several months. Would be nice if I can get to it this year.

It's a bit strange coming off the back of the other Danganronpa games, the gameplay is also nothing like anything I've played on the Vita before so it definitely took me a while to get into it.  I'm still not sure if I'm enjoying the story all that much.  It seems relatively short though but it's very collectible heavy.

8 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Plat #20. Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls - 100 Points

1L286b99.png

I know this game usually reviews pretty well, but I wasn't really feeling it.  The story didn't grip me, the combat was meh, too many collectibles, loading times were annoying.  I guess the one positive was the challenge rooms, which were fun if not a little simplistic.  Despite only being a short game, it definitely felt like a slog to the end.  I just have Danganronpa 3 left now to complete the series - unless you count Reloaded (which I'm not :ninja: )  The other positive is that it has a cool platinum image

The plat image is very nice, was thinking since it's easy I might make it #75 before I get back to Zestiria. 

• 3 weeks later...

Plat #21. Horizon Zero Dawn - 100 Points

1Lf9f2b0.png

I'm usually skeptical when I hear people talk about how good a game is, mainly because I expect it's being over-hyped but in this case I can safely say that I absolutely adored Horizon.  It's slow to start off but the story soon had me really hooked, I only wish there was more of it as the main story is pretty short - I think it came in for me at around 50 hours and that's with doing all the side-quests and errands, collectibles etc.  Frozen Wilds is also an excellent DLC and is a prime example of extra content done well, I still need to do an Ultra Hard NG+ playthrough but will tackle that in the next couple of days.  This definitely ranks among my top favorite Playstation exclusives (and top favorite games in general)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Plat #23. Megadimension Neptunia VII - 309.375 points (including 1% prepped penalty)

1Lddb30b.png

I really enjoyed this installment of the game, I thought the different story arcs were interesting and meant that I used more of a variety of the characters.  Felt like I had really good luck with the RNG trophies too, as it only took me a couple of hours to get all of the cards.  I did feel like I missed out on some of the references as I hadn't played Victory/Re;Birth 3 prior, but now I'm motivated to go back and work on the other Neptunia games I own ^_^

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Plat #25. Final Fantasy XV - 308 points (including 12% prepared penalty)

1L698b77.png

It's me, back here again with another plat.  I started Final Fantasy XV around two years ago but it didn't really grab me back then, I think it was because it deviated from traditional Final Fantasy battle systems and had this whole bromance vibe going on with it.  I promised myself I would return to the game when all the DLC was released, but with most of the DLC now being cancelled and it being a bit unknown what would happen to Comrades DLC trophies once it moved to a standalone version, I decided to revisit the game.

Comrades initially got me very hooked, I know people have a lot of negative things to say about it however I enjoyed the experience, learning about what weapons were best and how to craft them to be overpowered.  I decided to continue on with the game and wanted to get the 100% (for now until Episode Ardyn is released)  I mixed in the main story with the character DLCs so I got a full experience.  I know the game has been improved upon since it was originally released and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Eos, of course there are annoyances with the game such as the cringe dialogue between the party, but overall it was a fun experience and I liked the story.  The battle system grew on me a lot, especially once I expanded the Ascension Grid.  Some of the DLC added a nice challenge to the game too, with one fight that took me an hour and a half to beat.  I still need to do Ignis DLC but I plan to devote the day to that tomorrow.

• Like 3

Plat #26. Grim Legends 3: The Dark City - 25 Points

1Lde7904.png

Ahhh....the last ezpz "trophy trash" game in my backlog.  As much as I enjoy the Artifex Mundi games as filler content in between longer stuff, I don't think I'll be getting any more and instead concentrating on the longer, more enjoyable games in my backlog.  This one was also kind of tedious.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2018 at 6:01 PM, Mesopithecus said:

Plat #26. Grim Legends 3: The Dark City - 25 Points

1Lde7904.png

Ahhh....the last ezpz "trophy trash" game in my backlog.  As much as I enjoy the Artifex Mundi games as filler content in between longer stuff, I don't think I'll be getting any more and instead concentrating on the longer, more enjoyable games in my backlog.  This one was also kind of tedious.

Yeah, Artifex Mundi is kind of dropping off now that their trilogies are done and dusted. Grim Legends was my least favorite trilogy. Only liked the second game, the first was easy to screw up and the third has  you completing time trials of certain puzzles and the last one in this category is so difficult because it's a tile-sliding puzzle. I did enjoy Brother Rabbit's textless(you can play the entire game without text if you want) performance but all in all I have decided not to play Noir Chronicles despite it being a mystery story which I love. I prefer my mysteries being murder mysteries involving cats sleuthing it up. xD If they port all six parts of The Secret Order, I might give them the benefit of the doubt, though. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hope you both have had a lovely Christmas ^_^  I have spent the past couple of weeks alternating between Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Fallout 76 (although probably more of the latter) and I was going to wait to unlock this on New Years, but with having severe technical issues with my PS4 and the last trophy I needed being kinda glitchy, I went ahead and popped the platinum early.

Plat #28. Fallout 76 - 1000 Points

1L6fdbd7.png

Current Plat Rarity: 2.07%

Playtime based on howlongtobeat.com current completionist time: 133 hours

Honestly, I didn't find this game that bad - it's definitely not deserving of all the hate it gets as it's really a lot of fun, especially when you play in a team.  Granted, I did get a massive head start over other new players because my husband had already put in over 100 hours in the game and had a lot of the best equipment he could pass to me.  He made sure I was equipped with explosive shotgun (which I totally didn't accidentally blow myself up with a lot :ninja:) and power armor.  In return I made him jealous with my good RNG luck - from getting a perfectly preserved pie from one of the machines on my 3rd attempt, to getting the ultracite calibrated shocks plan from my first (and only) scorch queen run.

The story is definitely there, but is told through holotapes, notes and terminals - so if you skip over them then you're missing out on a lot of information.  I fortunately went into the game when most of the trophy glitches were fixed, however there is still a lot of work needed to fix the bugs.  My main gripe has been the blue screen crashing -_-  Happens often for me in a nuke zone.  Also, we encountered issues with being invisible to each other and quests not updating properly.  My favorite positive glitch though was not taking any radiation damage during the scorch queen run :D

Overall, it was enjoyable experience to play with hubby and I'm appreciative of him starting a new character with me, but I think we are both a bit burnt out.  Hopefully we will go back to it again and spend some more time playing together.

I imagine this will be my last platinum of the year, as I don't really have anything else short to fit in and I know for sure I won't finish BBS in time as I still have the hardest boss, and then do the reports all over again with Aqua and Ventus.  We still have 4 months left but here are the plats I've earned up until now:

1S4ebc2e.png1Sb34f02.png1S795a53.png1S3e0cd1.png1S0078eb.png1S78506f.png1S4c35df.png1S111c09.png1S76284b.png1S911b64.png1S1571d6.png1S0022b9.png1S097650.png1S9c4b5d.png1S479edd.png1S80423e.png1S04db45.png1Sa3bfcc.png1S2fd459.png1Scdbdf0.png1S848de1.png1Sf65107.png1S8c035a.png1S632ac6.png1Sd20cad.png1Sd5fd36.png1S9c5af7.png1S44455c.png

Current Score: 6648.625

• Like 4

Plat #29. Super Destronaut DX - 25 Points

1Lc0fa6a.png

Have been feeling the trophy drought due to working on BBS, what better way to help than an ezpz game that can be platted in less than an hour :lol:  It's not too terrible, plus it helps get me closer to my #150 goal (which will hopefully be Kingdom Hearts 3)

• Like 3

Plat #30. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - 2250 Points

1L6da1d7.png

The second of my double points games, and also my favorite entry in the Kingdom Hearts series :D  I definitely feel like people hype up the difficulty on this one, I had a fairly easy time - even with Terra who is said to be the worst character.  It's funny because he is actually my favorite character too, I felt like his story was more interesting and I liked that he had high strength.  Overall, the story was amazing and really worked well as a good background for the other Kingdom Hearts games;  I loved the classic Disney worlds and even the mini-games were fun.  Maestro trophy was daunting but easily doable, not sure what I even worried about.

The grind didn't even feel too bad, I guess you have a bit of variety between using the three characters.  Critical mode proved to be a nice challenge, but it definitely felt easier than the previous KH games I've played.

Onwards now to Dream Drop Distance to see if I can get that done before KH3 is released!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Still hanging on. I have Kyoto Winds read to pop next mont, but I think that's worth 25 points are so. Working on Worldmof Final Fantasy, then possibly KH3. Just to play it with everyone else.

Are you playing the Maxima edition of World of Final Fantasy or just the regular version?  I thoroughly enjoyed that game when I played and have considered getting the Maxima content just so I can re-play it ^_^

Currently counting down the days until KH3 :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

Are you playing the Maxima edition of World of Final Fantasy or just the regular version?  I thoroughly enjoyed that game when I played and have considered getting the Maxima content just so I can re-play it ^_^

Currently counting down the days until KH3 :D

I bought the Limited Ediion at a discount price. Just recently found out about the Maxima dlc, and I'm not really interested in it. Though I love the game, I'm not looking forward to the mini-game trophies.

Plat #14 - Rise of the Tomb Raider - 150 points.

Plat #15 - Cat Quest - 25 points

Plat #16 - World of Final Fantasy- 437.50 points 

I hope my maths is correct. I haven't had access to my computer for months, and I sent it to be fixed, but the IT people couldn't do it, so I might have to send it off somewhere.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Plat #14 - Rise of the Tomb Raider - 150 points.

Plat #15 - Cat Quest - 25 points

Plat #16 - World of Final Fantasy- 437.50 points 

I hope my maths is correct. I haven't had access to my computer for months, and I sent it to be fixed, but the IT people couldn't do it, so I might have to send it off somewhere.

Congrats on finishing World of Final Fantasy :yay:  I really loved that game, just a shame that the trophy images are so boring looking.

Sorry to hear about your computer :(   At a glance, I think Rise of the Tomb Raider should be 300 points as it was one of your double points games :D  Everything else looks fine though

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum #32. Kingdom Hearts 3 - 750 Points

1L773d3c.png

Current Plat Rarity: 5.15%

Completion Time: 50 hours based on the discussion thread here, and my save file time which is just over 50 hours

Bonus: RPG x2 bonus for obtaining the platinum in the first two weeks of release

I had been planning on saving this for platinum #150 but I hate stopping a game when I'm in the flow of it, and there were other reasons too :ninja:  I really enjoyed it, it's definitely the easiest of the KH games but I can see how they have made it accessible to new players - I do hope we see some balancing later on perhaps as some of the attractions and finishers are extremely overpowered.  

The story is what you'd come to expect from a KH game and I liked how it wrapped up a lot of the elements from the previous games.  The worlds were huge and immersive, I think the Caribbean was by far my favorite as I just loved exploring that one.  The minigames were actually a lot of fun, especially the Classic Kingdom games.  I also really loved the changes to the Gummi Ship, almost wish there were more bosses to fight! :D

The trophy list is essentially just "do everything in the game" which was actually the perfect list and nothing really overstayed its welcome.  It was also very refreshing to play without a guide, actually found myself enjoying the experience of exploring around a lot more.  It's not my top KH game, but it comes reasonably close.

• Like 4

On 1/23/2019 at 9:55 PM, Mesopithecus said:

Huge shout-out to @Dragon-Archon for our KH: DDD chats and all his hard work in improving the guide. 

I had been one of the creators of that original guide but I realized that it wasn't very accurate. For example I suggested that they put in the part saying "You can do this on Beginner" when I forgot about Ability Ace requiring EXP Zero. Kudos to Dragon for fixing it.

If I wasn't barring myself from playing KH3 until March 1st, I'd do a trophy guide on it. That's the only KH game without a difficulty trophy. ;)

4 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I do hope we see some balancing later on perhaps as some of the attractions and finishers are extremely overpowered.  

Maybe they'll have a Critical Mode DLC, similar to how Ni no Kuni II added in difficulties in their first DLC pack.

• 1 month later...

Plat #33. Dragon Quest XI Echoes of an Elusive Age - 350 Points

1Ldb047f.png

Plat Rarity: 20.46%

Completion Time: 80 hours (Based on PST Guide and in game save time)

Platinum number #150 outside of the race

Plat #34. Access Denied - 25 Points

1L2c2fcf.png

Plat Rarity: 90.86%

Completion Time: 2 hours (Based on PSNP Guide)

Won the game in a giveaway

Plat #35. Antiquia Lost - 100 Points

1L6dbf25.png

Plat Rarity: 37.11%

Completion Time: 30 hours (no guide or time on howlongtobeat;  used in game save file time)

Fun Kemco RPG, easy to pick up and put down

• Like 4