What is this?

Yuukiyun

1 hour ago, SunnyCrappyYT said:

I can't find anything about it on the internet. The picture displayed reminds of Kirby: Canvas Curse's title screen. :P 

240px-Kirby-_Canvas_Curse-title.png

This, Mass Attack, and Rainbow Curse are the only Kirby games I've never finished. 

Anyway, looks simple enough...at least it's on Vita, too. Think that's a better fit.

On 24/04/2018 at 0:17 AM, DrakeHellsing said:

I'd like to get this for the Vita, not often I get to play a Picross-type game and I do think it would be easier on the Vita with the touchscreen.

It's not :) they have added the touch screen ability and you can hold and drag for precise actions, but it's small as you can't zoom in and scroll - something they didn't want to implement into the game. Works just fine with the controller though - I've just done about 20 puzzles on the PS4

the game is also Cross buy - so you get 2 platinums, the ps4 and the vita in one package - but no cross save. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, turniplord said:

It's not :) they have added the touch screen ability and you can hold and drag for precise actions, but it's small as you can't zoom in and scroll - something they didn't want to implement into the game. Works just fine with the controller though - I've just done about 20 puzzles on the PS4

the game is also Cross buy - so you get 2 platinums, the ps4 and the vita in one package - but no cross save. 

Ah, hopefully it'll release in EU at some point then, would not mind playing it at all.

On 23/04/2018 at 11:42 PM, madbuk said:

Picross is pretty great, but the coloured numbers takes away the challenge a bit, which is disappointing.

The colours don't take away any challenge, if anything it's making them harder as previously, in black and white, you either had a mark or not with gaps in-between. With the colours there may or may not be a gap - so it isn't as straightforward as the original version of Picross. You really have to think about things when it jumps to 10x10 and above! Also, there is no penalty for getting it wrong, it just doesn't tell you - so you could get it completely wrong and not know. You can press for a hint and for the game to correct an error, but doing that locks you out of a 'medal' which you need for the trophies.

1 minute ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah, hopefully it'll release in EU at some point then, would not mind playing it at all.

well, I'm playing the EU version atm - for review. I thought it was out now, but it may just be the NA version that came on Tuesday - so it's probably going to hit EU next week - as we usually only get the codes once it's passed PS QA.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turniplord said:

well, I'm playing the EU version atm - for review. I thought it was out now, but it may just be the NA version that came on Tuesday - so it's probably going to hit EU next week - as we usually only get the codes once it's passed PS QA.

Ah, cause I've checked the store, but it's not there for us yet.  At least here in NZ it's not.

Game is very fun, there are I think 150 puzzles. Even spread between 10x10 up to 20x. The longer puzzles are time consuming for sure. With guide / photos of the pics very easy. Not knowing what it looks like is a bit frustrating but all part of the fun. The speed run trophies are straightforward as you can just repeat the pics. 

• Like 1

Dude, I love this kind of game. First time I played it, Picross was just released for the DS, I downloaded it just before bed, wanted to play only 5 minutes to see what up with the game and I ended up playing about 3 hours, I suffered hard with the lack of sleep in the math test I had in the day after. After that I discovered that they sold a magazine with several puzzles in the newsstand and discovered some online versions also. I even "bounded" with a math teacher that didn't like me much because of my magazine that she took interest in because of the mathematical logic applied in the puzzle. I played the hell out of this game all my high school years and some years after that, but somehow forgot about it. I will surely pick it up when I reduce my backlog and have a change to spare.

On 4/24/2018 at 9:15 PM, MMDE said:

Try https://www.griddlers.net/ also

• Like 1

On 25/04/2018 at 6:07 AM, ferryjan said:

How many puzzles in total and how many puzzles are larger than size 10x10? Are those puzzles totally random? If they are not random, will wait for a guide. 

It's not random - each puzzle makes a picture so that would be impossible. but they do progressively get harder at 15x15, 20x15 and 20x20 - I think I was on the fourth set of 15 levels where the 10x10's stopped.

If you're just going to wait for a guide so you don't have to actually play the game properly then maybe this game isn't for you? Its a really good puzzle game and a puzzle game loses it's charm and it's fun if you simply follow a guide in order to solve all the puzzles.

On 25/04/2018 at 1:15 AM, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah, cause I've checked the store, but it's not there for us yet.  At least here in NZ it's not.

I asked the developer - they said it should be live as it was set for the same day as the US release - they are just waiting on Sony, so it will probably be next week as long as Sony EU finishes their QA and gets it up.

2 minutes ago, turniplord said:

It's not random - each puzzle makes a picture so that would be impossible. but they do progressively get harder at 15x15, 20x15 and 20x20 - I think I was on the fourth set of 15 levels where the 10x10's stopped.

If you're just going to wait for a guide so you don't have to actually play the game properly then maybe this game isn't for you? Its a really good puzzle game and a puzzle game loses it's charm and it's fun if you simply follow a guide in order to solve all the puzzles.

I asked the developer - they said it should be live as it was set for the same day as the US release - they are just waiting on Sony, so it will probably be next week as long as Sony EU finishes their QA and gets it up.

Did you ask them why the us trophies don’t sync on the vita?

5 hours ago, turniplord said:

Hopefully that is the case, would like to have a nice relaxing game like this to play :D

7 hours ago, spykeralbersfan1 said:

Did you ask them why the us trophies don’t sync on the vita?

different stack - the trophy list isn't on PSN yet - one has just appeared on PSN so it will probably sync now :) - just seems the trophies were delayed in going live in the US and the game is delayed in going live in EU

It's worth noting that if you press start, there is a "fix" option. Fix will remove erroneous blocks. So you can just fix the picture until it's solved. If you use fix it won't give you a medal though, so you'll have to re-do it (but you'll have the answer if you're not using a guide).

Also I got the speed trophies using the fix function.