Trials of Muspelheim

DrakeHellsing

I've arrived at trial 3 now, but all I'm curious on with these trials is, they wont ask for anything ridiculous right? Such as, don't get hit or anything like that? I mean, trial 2 was fine, survive for 5 minutes, then kill enemies while their health quickly regenerates.  I understand there are 6 of these swords all up, since Atreus did just tell me (well, a voice told him).

Also, as a side note, the realm itself is rather awesome looking.

One of them is for killing 20 enemies without taking damage, but you can hang back and let Atreus use his bow for you, it was the only one that took me a second attempt because I got hit by a cheap shot, otherwise it's very simple. You can also choose which three "impossible" challenges you want to do to unlock the final challenge, with good gear, this really is the easiest challenge mode in the God of War series. 

30 minutes ago, Sergen said:

One of them is for killing 20 enemies without taking damage, but you can hang back and let Atreus use his bow for you, it was the only one that took me a second attempt because I got hit by a cheap shot, otherwise it's very simple. You can also choose which three "impossible" challenges you want to do to unlock the final challenge, with good gear, this really is the easiest challenge mode in the God of War series. 

same what I did lol. Camped in a corner spam throw axe and let Atreus do the hard work?

Just avoid the first trial on impossible. You need to finish it without taking damage. Thats crazy.

I would recommend:

Trial 2:

Kill Enemies Before Time Runs Out

Trial 3: 

Kill Enemies While they are Inside the Gold Rings

Trial 5:

Kill Enemies to Increase TIme

Edited by Deluziion90
  • Like 1

Yeah, I switch weapons to use my runic attacks often for good damage, especially against Travelers and Ogres that decide to show up.  But so far, nothing I can't handle.  Granted, the one for defeating that general in trial 2 was annoying, those blinding moves are a pain to deal with.  And the one with the rings, just getting enemies to step into them was annoying.  But again, going well with them.  The one for defeating 100 enemies took forever xD

On 4/23/2018 at 7:17 PM, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, I switch weapons to use my runic attacks often for good damage, especially against Travelers and Ogres that decide to show up.  But so far, nothing I can't handle.  Granted, the one for defeating that general in trial 2 was annoying, those blinding moves are a pain to deal with.  And the one with the rings, just getting enemies to step into them was annoying.  But again, going well with them.  The one for defeating 100 enemies took forever xD

Ugh, the 100 enemies one was terrible. I thought they'd just throw tons of those flying things [nightmares I think] at you, and you'd get through it quick. Nope. My fiance left work, picked up food, and got home before I was even done with it. He called as I hit 90-something and got home when I still had 10 left. lol

• Like 1

Just now, Elvick_ said:

Ugh, the 100 enemies one was terrible. I thought they'd just throw tons of those flying things [nightmares I think] at you, and you'd get through it quick. Nope. My fiance left work, picked up food, and got home before I was even done with it. He called as I hit 90-something and got home when I still had 10 left. lol

Oh yeah that one, that just took forever.  I found the enemies regerentating health quickly to be a simple one to deal with (I picked that one with one of the Impossible challenges), so no time limit on that one.

Impossible Trial 4 was easier to me than 3. Trying to kill enemies is the gold circles is a fucking pain in the ass. In Trial 4 you can have Atreus spam light arrows so you can stun enemies for executions plus knock them into lava or off the cliff.

Edited by Killbomb

I did trials 1-3 no problem, though it was a pain in the ass to get enemies to even walk in the circles. Wave 3 was a big pain, I'd kill the troll things and then not get a point even though they were in the circle. Ugh. Still did it first try though. And the final trial was surprisingly easy. Had like 5 minutes left by the time I hit gold.

21 hours ago, Sicho said:

I had no problems with the 100 enemies one. The "don't get hit" ones got on my nerves though.

No one had problems with it. It's just tedious to have to kill 100 enemies.

16 hours ago, Killbomb said:

Impossible Trial 4 was easier to me than 3. Trying to kill enemies is the gold circles is a fucking pain in the ass. In Trial 4 you can have Atreus spam light arrows so you can stun enemies for executions plus knock them into lava or off the cliff.

As well as attack them bare handed.  But yeah, I found that one to be one of the easier ones to deal with as well.

@Elvick_ Same here, that one was rather easy, hit gold, was still going with enemy kills.  Half the time I wasn't even paying attention to how many I had killed.  But it makes it easier since you are invulnerable in that trial, which is a nice little thing, to not have to worry about your health as such.

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

As well as attack them bare handed.  But yeah, I found that one to be one of the easier ones to deal with as well.

@Elvick_ Same here, that one was rather easy, hit gold, was still going with enemy kills.  Half the time I wasn't even paying attention to how many I had killed.  But it makes it easier since you are invulnerable in that trial, which is a nice little thing, to not have to worry about your health as such.

You are? I didn't even notice lol!

On 4/23/2018 at 10:17 PM, Deluziion90 said:

Just avoid the first trial on impossible. You need to finish it without taking damage. Thats crazy.

I would recommend:

Trial 2:

Kill Enemies Before Time Runs Out

Trial 3: 

Kill Enemies While they are Inside the Gold Rings

Trial 5:

Kill Enemies to Increase TIme

Those are the three I did, they are by far the easiest ones

23 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I thought it was going to be the easy ones from helheim that you just burn through (kinda like they did with the last trial to kill 50 of them) but nope, they gave you real enemies. Lol it took me maybe around 30 minutes, it was such a bore.

4 hours ago, Captain_Earink said:

Kill 100 enemies on give me god of war is annoying and making me want to not bother :(

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot you can't drop the difficulty once you've started Give Me God of War. 

Edited by Killbomb

7 hours ago, Killbomb said:

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot you can't drop the difficulty once you've started Give Me God of War. 

Yeah man :( I've started a new save on easy, which I now feel like an absolute god. So I might just try rush to end game. I could definitely get through it eventually, just not so sure I want all the unnecessary stress now I've finished the story!

Edited by Captain_Earink

32 minutes ago, NutellaOrgies said:

Did you check the chests? I got it from the chest right after beating the Valkyrie 

Yep did all challenges normal, hard. and impossible, and opened all chests......

3 minutes ago, Zach said:

Yep did all challenges normal, hard. and impossible, and opened all chests......

You have to buy the final upgrade “chaos flame” or whatever it’s called from the shop after you’ve completed the trial then you can do the final upgrade for the blades. Same goes for the axe when you open the 5000 mist echoes chest in Niflheim.

• Like 1

While I think others may have responded; I’ve completed all the trials and got the platinum, but most are simple; especially with upgrades that you should’ve got at that time, the hardest one which in reality took me 2 or 3 tries was the 20kills without taking damage but they are just regular draugr enemies, the one for killing enemies in a certain time inside the circles was little challenging but nothing impossible; and the last sword (6th) for beating 3 of the previous 5 swords on IMPOSSIBLE makes you defeat 50 enemies in 8mins which was super simple and I was able to kill 96