Copying PS4 game saves

Sprunky123

Hello everyone.

I want to start over on a new account. Until I figure out a username I'm really happy with, I've decided to do my gaming on a blank account for now. I game on my PS4 Pro on weekdays in my appartment and go home to my regular PS4 at my parents' house on the weekends.

I've tried copying the game save on USB stick so I can continue where I left off on another blank user on the other console, but it won't let me put the save on an external device.

Does anyone know if there's a way to play on blank accounts on two different PS4s with transferring saves?

My guess so far would be that the console assigns an invisible User identifier to blank accounts as well and can't be copied, but I'd thought I'd ask since it's just a theory and nothing more.

Any tips and suggestions are welcome.

Saves are locked to your PSN account, so you will not be able to access those saves if you log on via a new/ different account from which they are from. I've been able to back up my saves on a memory stick. Just connect the USB stick, go to Saved data in System storage section in the setting menu, select the game data you want, press the options button on the controller and then copy.

For transferring to another console, you must log into your psn account in order to be able to do this. Select Saved Data on USB Storage Device, then Copy Data to System Storage, and select the game data you want to transfer. You cannot however, copy the save to a different account or a blank account due it being locked. Sony has done this to prevent sharing and selling of game saves. 

• Like 1