Bring it Back: Top Spin 4 WT Servers.

WorldsBestSpy

So, in order to clean the last thread, its time to refocus on this one. 2K Support has basically fucked us all out of 100% because they weren't decent enough to give us more than 2 weeks. Fine. They weren't even decent enough to let us know on Twitter, but they did let us know on their forums that literally no one checks. That's fine 2k. They said Sony can unlock the trophies for us, which is BS. THAT'S FINE. But we are fighting for 2 things; 2k bringing them back. Its seriously not that expensive. its fucking 2k, they make money off idiots who think having platinum Stephen curry in nba2k18 is worth 40 bucks (an exaggeration but not far from the truth). One of the 2K Support guys has already said no. Fine. But at least tell us how to start our own private server. Its annoying that 2k does this shit yearly and they get 0 repercussions. Not anymore.

https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?4357614-Top-Spin-4-server-support-extension-(PS3)&p=15065035#post15065035 comment your support for bringing them back online or giving us the info to start our own

But obviously, they aren't going to read their own forums. They have some convoluted system in place at 2K to even communicate with them. So got to 2K Support, make an account, and ask them what's gonna happen.

u3riTh8.jpg

This is the response @Powerflank received a few days ago.

TKfE7EC.jpg

This is not gonna end like this. Dante's Inferno came back online. Demon Souls within a day was back up online. 2K themselves brought back NBA2K14 after the shitstorm they received for their support (which is still warranted.) This is war.

• Like 3

Great initiative @WorldsBestSpy

I'm totally with you on this one. Let's try to sum up the whole situation. As of now, the servers of Top Spin 4 are partially working given that PLAYER MATCH and LEADERBOARDS/RANKINGS are accessible. WORLD TOUR and 2K OPEN are down instead, so the current status of the servers is not very clear.

Unfortunately the 2k Support is completely ridicolous. As you can see from the screenshot here they never answer the problem, they just give some random replies, so speaking to them is completely pointless.

tqJnjhF.png

The 2k Twitter Support is pretty much the same; they always state that they don't know anything about the servers. During my research though, I found someone who may be the responsible for the online services at 2k, his name is Andrej Káčer. You can see his profile on Linkedin if you are registered or on Facebook. I tried to text him on Facebook Messenger, the message was delivered but I guess he can't see it if I'm not in his friend list.

I even tried to find out the identity of the 2K Mike who wrote the article about the Top Spin 4 shutdown. I've found some Mikes on Twitter, but I'm not sure which one is the right one. He may be Mike Wang or Mike Stauffer

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Are you seriously asking them to pop a trophy for you?

No, they're not. Did you even read the thread? Hell - did you even read the title of the thread?

The whole, "Pop a trophy for me!" thing was a red herring started by 2K support. The main focus is to get the servers back online, or to give info so that a private server can be started. Good job riding in with the cavalry to cast aspersions on what is a decent idea, however.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Quote from the e-mail: "I beg you to unlock Less than 24 Hours for me."

Yeah, I know. It's a nice trick to call someone out for lying through their teeth. I literally do it all the time to these service liars. 

Everyone knows that no one is going to unlock manually a trophy for you. The 2K Support just wrote some crap, and got called out for it. The real purpose here is to talk about servers. After all, Powerflank follows up his image by telling us about his research into finding who runs the servers...

...which is the entire point of the thread. So again, while he is asking to unlock a trophy, he's not seriously asking to unlock a trophy. That's the beauty of such a message.

Anyway, good luck to @WorldsBestSpy in his quest.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Quote from the e-mail: "I beg you to unlock Less than 24 Hours for me."

???

Just what @starcrunch061 said. I was exaggerating a bit there cause 2K Support don't care at all about anything; all they do is giving random replies to precise questions. Apart from unlocking the trophy, which would have been nice if they had done it anyway, they don't even share information about the servers. They are totally ridicolous as you can from the final reply that Melanie gave me.

All I want to know is whether WT will be brought back or not considering that the servers are still on but NOBODY AT 2K wants to reply to that question which is absurd. The rest is at the end of my first post

Edited by Powerflank

Best of luck to you all if this is how you want to spend your free time I genuinely hope it works for you. However I don’t think it’s cool at all that you’re calling out employees by name and essentially encouraging others to start messaging their private accounts. Sit and think for a second how you would feel if you had an unhappy customer in your own job, then one day not only do they start messaging you about the bad service you gave them, but they also get many others to message you about that bad service too. Really not cool guys. They’ve done what they’ve been told to do by their manager and now you’re going to harass them in their private life about it? 

1 hour ago, turpinator1986 said:

Best of luck to you all if this is how you want to spend your free time I genuinely hope it works for you. However I don’t think it’s cool at all that you’re calling out employees by name and essentially encouraging others to start messaging their private accounts. Sit and think for a second how you would feel if you had an unhappy customer in your own job, then one day not only do they start messaging you about the bad service you gave them, but they also get many others to message you about that bad service too. Really not cool guys. They’ve done what they’ve been told to do by their manager and now you’re going to harass them in their private life about it? 

Well, says the man who got Top Spin 4 platinum.

What does it matter? A Linkin,Twitter,Facebook website is not private are you kidding me?

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, turpinator1986 said:

You are completely wrong here. We are not harassing anybody. I simply wrote a message on Facebook to a person who can ignore it or block me if he/she feels annoyed. These profiles are all public, there's nothing private here. As Taz said, you can find their public profiles on Twitter/Facebook/Linkedin. I'm not sure why you always have to comment against people who are just trying their best to get an online game mode to work again.

We just want to understand what's going. As customers, we deserve at least a reply. If 2K Support ignore us, we can search their employees on the web; if they have public profiles it means they are open to conversation, otherwise they could set them to private.

Oh and btw, we don't spend all of our free time this way. Finding a person and sending a message takes no longer than 5 minutes. If you have to criticise all the time without ever saying anything constructive go somewhere else to comment, please. It's the second time that you go against us.

Edited by Powerflank
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Powerflank said:

If 2K Support ignore us, we can search their employees on the web

Urgh... i would simply move on. Imagine if i searched for the Sony employees every time the stupid Support never helped me lol.

I had a HUGE problem with the Transaction History missing several entries, including whole months/years, according to them it didn't exist, after insisting, they said they would've investigated, then said they would've fixed it by the end of March 2018. I told them it wasn't fixed, and that was their reply:

"So we can investigate this further, we would appreciate it if you could respond to this e-mail with a screenshot of this."

Yeah, a screenshot of this. What is this "this" is beyond me. I told them i didn't understand the request, and they simply vanished.

Edited by Lance_87

45 minutes ago, MMDE said:

It's also possible to just ask for a patch that allows for alternative unlock requirement. Props to all devs who adds a difficult alternative offline method to unlock online trophies.

Good idea. Unfortunately 2K Support don't have access to this info (as they claim) and refuse to put you in contact with the devs or responsibles for the servers.

I'll keep that in mind for the next ticket I'll submit! ?

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

Are you joking or it really happened before?

There are some few trophy lists that does this from the get-go (can't remember which games). They can change trophy requirements too, as I've seen it many times, (N++, Hand of Fate etc). There's also this one case I know where they took the servers offline and added local MP instead (Monopoly).

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

It's also possible to just ask for a patch that allows for alternative unlock requirement. Props to all devs who adds a difficult alternative offline method to unlock online trophies.

If 2K does this, i'll livestream myself on here doing poledancing naked. 

It's just a chance in a billion, literally. They didn't even want to fix a glitched trophy on NBA 2K17 weeks after that game came out, let alone Top Spin 4.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

If 2K does this, i'll livestream myself on here doing poledancing naked. 

It's just a chance in a billion, literally. They didn't even want to fix a glitched trophy on NBA 2K17 weeks after that game came out, let alone Top Spin 4.

But you may be able to affect if they do this for future trophies, as it gives them extra bad press and unsatisfied customers whenever servers go down and they haven't done it.

5 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Well, says the man who got Top Spin 4 platinum.

What does it matter? A Linkin,Twitter,Facebook website is not private are you kidding me?

Just because their profile isn’t private it doesn’t give you the right to start messaging them about their work. Are YOU kidding ME? Are you saying that if you started getting messages on your PERSONAL social media about somebody you wronged whilst you were at work you would be happy about it? I don’t think so. And if you say yes you’re lying. Not a single person in the world would be happy about that. 

5 hours ago, Powerflank said:

You are completely wrong here. We are not harassing anybody. I simply wrote a message on Facebook to a person who can ignore it or block me if he/she feels annoyed. These profiles are all public, there's nothing private here. As Taz said, you can find their public profiles on Twitter/Facebook/Linkedin. I'm not sure why you always have to comment against people who are just trying their best to get an online game mode to work again.

We just want to understand what's going. As customers, we deserve at least a reply. If 2K Support ignore us, we can search their employees on the web; if they have public profiles it means they are open to conversation, otherwise they could set them to private.

Oh and btw, we don't spend all of our free time this way. Finding a person and sending a message takes no longer than 5 minutes. If you have to criticise all the time without ever saying anything constructive go somewhere else to comment, please. It's the second time that you go against us.

Ok great. I’ll find out where you work. I’ll buy something from whatever your company sells. Then I’ll start messaging you on here about how unhappy I was with the service you provided me. Give me a break. That’s completely unacceptable behaviour. I’m not against you trying to get the server back up. If you could read properly you would have noticed the first part of my message actually wished you luck on doing it. But your method of doing it is ridiculous and actually a little stalky. And as someone who has had another person convicted of harassment, YES it is actually. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, turpinator1986 said:

Just because their profile isn’t private it doesn’t give you the right to start messaging them about their work. Are YOU kidding ME? Are you saying that if you started getting messages on your PERSONAL social media about somebody you wronged whilst you were at work you would be happy about it? I don’t think so. And if you say yes you’re lying. Not a single person in the world would be happy about that. 

Ok great. I’ll find out where you work. I’ll buy something from whatever your company sells. Then I’ll start messaging you on here about how unhappy I was with the service you provided me. Give me a break. That’s completely unacceptable behaviour. I’m not against you trying to get the server back up. If you could read properly you would have noticed the first part of my message actually wished you luck on doing it. But your method of doing it is ridiculous and actually a little stalky. And as someone who has had another person convicted of harassment, YES it is actually. 

Well I'm trying my best to get to know what's going on. 2K Support don't support at all so I'm trying to figure out alternative ways to communicate but I'm in no way stalking or harassing anybody. I've only sent one message to a person, that's all...

5 hours ago, MMDE said:

But you may be able to affect if they do this for future trophies, as it gives them extra bad press and unsatisfied customers whenever servers go down and they haven't done it.

Maybe for other companies, but not 2K. 2K are a lost cause, they're arguably the company that least cares about trophies. As I say: NBA 2K17 had a glitched trophy since launch and they didn't even bother to fix it despite the game getting 5-6 patches. The playerbase of the NBA 2K games is probably 0.01% trophy hunter, if you told near enough anyone on those games that a trophy is glitched, they wouldn't give a rats ass. 2K know their customers are loyal and will get the next installment every year. The same applies to virtually any sports title really, that's why EA get away with their challenge features break after 1yr. 

I don't think there's any hope with EA or 2K, maybe with some indie companies.