Golden Week sale (NA)

ShadowStar83x

3 hours ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Maybe these sales would be appreciated more if the msrp of games were raised too like every other things in life. Im surprised the cost hasn't increase yet. Hopefully soon.

games are $80 in canada, let alone the crap hand pal region gets. gtfo with that attitude.

Was hoping Danganronpa 2 would go on sale but that ended up being the only Danganronpa game not on sale. Might buy SAO Hollow Realization though, not sure if I have to play Hollow Fragment and or Lost Song first though. 

And I'm pretty new to this stuff, does anybody know if any other games are going on sale for this sale or is that it? 

4 minutes ago, WickleWummy said:

Was hoping Danganronpa 2 would go on sale but that ended up being the only Danganronpa game not on sale. Might buy SAO Hollow Realization though, not sure if I have to play Hollow Fragment and or Lost Song first though. 

And I'm pretty new to this stuff, does anybody know if any other games are going on sale for this sale or is that it? 

This is the complete sale. There will be a new one next week.

This sale sucks. I had some high hopes for it. Oh well - hopefully Big in Japan (EU) does better for me. I mean, some of these prices are significantly higher than previous prices for the same product (and MUCH higher than prices for physical versions of these products).

11 hours ago, audiopile said:

When i open a sales thread I’m expecting to see a list of what’s on sale in the first post, otherwise the thread is pointless. We all know when the sales start each week. 

There is literally a link with this info in the first post. Yes - it requires one additional motion out of you. But I hardly think the entire thread is rendered moot by your apparent inability to perform this motion.

Edited by starcrunch061

14 hours ago, mako-heart said:

games are $80 in canada, let alone the crap hand pal region gets. gtfo with that attitude.

To be honest, games would need to be in the realm of $100 these to generate a profit. The fact that the price has stayed at $60 in spite of development costs skyrocketing is both a good and bad thing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, majob said:

To be honest, games would need to be in the realm of $100 these to generate a profit. The fact that the price has stayed at $60 in spite of development costs skyrocketing is both a good and bad thing.

Unclear. Certainly, we've seen a lot of talk about production costs skyrocketing, but I am doubtful that this can be attributed, even mostly, to development. The costs seem to be administrative in nature (at least for the big publishers). Lots of people (many of whom having no business profiting off of these labors) trying to get their slice of the pie, only to whine after the fact that the pie just isn't big enough.

3 hours ago, majob said:

Not really sure this line of thinking is healthy. It's the same sort of thing people use to justify the egregious use of microtransactions we're currently seeing.

Games are selling a lot more than they used to. Nobody really talks about that. Average AAA game sales back in the day were a fifth of what they are these days. $60 is perfectly fine, if they're making a game worth buying. I fear if the PAL region gets fucked by prices much more, people will just stop buying. FIFA 18 was £60 (83 USD) on release.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Does anyone foresee Collar x Malice or Bad Apple Wars getting a better deal within the next 6ish months? I've had my eyes on both of these for a while and I think this 60% discount is the best they've had (usually they're 40%). Period Cube has a 70% discount and it's only a couple months older than the other two so I'm wondering if I should continue waiting...

In the EU sale, they're £11.99. I'm holding out for them to be a bit cheaper.

23 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

Very nice choice!

I heard it is considered the best Star Ocean game by the fans. I'm a bit worried though cause I heard one of my friends complaining about how grindy and boring were the Bunny races in the game. Something around 30-40 hours for a trophy. 

Well, I made it a point to only buy games that were 70% off or higher, with the exception of two. Keep growing, backlog! :awesome:

Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator-

Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star

Megadimension Neptunia VII

Mind Zero

Remember Me

Salt and Sanctuary

SAO Hollow Realization Deluxe Edition

And from Digital Sale: Blackwood Crossing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aexuz said:

I heard it is considered the best Star Ocean game by the fans. I'm a bit worried though cause I heard one of my friends complaining about how grindy and boring were the Bunny races in the game. Something around 30-40 hours for a trophy. 

Without a doubt maybe the best SO game! (I don't play SO 4 and 5 yet) but yeah, I really enjoyed SO III (: and yeah the bunny races is the worst part in the game, I spent around 35-40 hours without turbo controlle, some people used it and spent almost the double of time but afk ? In general you need a lot of grind in SO III (Battle trophies, equipement (best part) the spiral tower, and more) but is a very nice game (: my time to plat it was 130 hours or maybe a little bit more (with bunny rance trophy).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

There is literally a link with this info in the first post. Yes - it requires one additional motion out of you. But I hardly think the entire thread is rendered moot by your apparent inability to perform this motion.

Oh it is. I have to click once to be disappointed and then click a second link. I could have just gone straight to the store. 

I suppose I was spoiled by the awesome sales posts by@NathanielJohn  That said, ANY single post list beats clicking ‘next page’ 7 times on the ps store, but doing it via PSNP forums is pointless. Don’t bother. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2018 at 11:25 PM, audiopile said:

Oh it is. I have to click once to be disappointed and then click a second link. I could have just gone straight to the store. 

I suppose I was spoiled by the awesome sales posts by@NathanielJohn  That said, ANY single post list beats clicking ‘next page’ 7 times on the ps store, but doing it via PSNP forums is pointless. Don’t bother. 

LOL. It is annoying to click multiple times on the store.

However, at least for me, merely finding these pages is already a boon (at least when I check from work). People always say the PSN store works better on PC. I don't see it.:(

• Like 1

On 2018-04-24 at 10:58 PM, Kittet3 said:

This is the complete sale. There will be a new one next week.

Actually, both the Golden Week and Totally Digital sales (the latter being surprisingly well hidden and imho much better than the Golden Week one) are on until May 8th.

We're still getting a May the 4th sale this week though. Don't know if there's enough SW games to fill it with anything meaningful.

EDIT: It appears we're also getting a Golden Week sale - Week 2 edition, though at first glance nothing has changed. Probably still updating...

Edited by visighost
New information

35 minutes ago, visighost said:

Actually, both the Golden Week and Totally Digital sales (the latter being surprisingly well hidden and imho much better than the Golden Week one) are on until May 8th.

We're still getting a May the 4th sale this week though. Don't know if there's enough SW games to fill it with anything meaningful.

EDIT: It appears we're also getting a Golden Week sale - Week 2 edition, though at first glance nothing has changed. Probably still updating...

You're correct! Those two week sales always trick me.

On 4/25/2018 at 11:57 AM, The_Hoxifier said:

Games are selling a lot more than they used to. Nobody really talks about that. Average AAA game sales back in the day were a fifth of what they are these days. $60 is perfectly fine, if they're making a game worth buying.

Yeah the sales may be a fifth of todays (dont even know where u pull that info) but you are forgetting that game making cost "a fifth" of todays too. Games that require you know people to do their motion captures, voices, marketing advertisements. Its way costly now to make.

Is there a week2 sale or not?? All i see extra is a crappy May the force craps.

Edited by Fing3rButt3r3

21 minutes ago, ElEyeman said:

Can't decide between Rune Factory and Tears to Tiara 1f616.png

Both are very good. Rune Factory has a lot to do besides battle - exploring, sidequests, crafting, building relationships, in-game events - which adds a lot of fun to the game. Tears to Tiara is, for most part, a visual novel in story mode, but the tactical part is really engaging - and the end game dungeon is 99.9% tactics and 1% story to compensate it. You will not be disappointed whatever you choose.

• Like 1