Golden Week sale (NA)

ShadowStar83x

Anyone have a list of whats new for Week 2 Golden sale? Don't want to scroll thru week 1 disappointments... Plus need a unexpired discount code. Games aren't discounted enough...

8 minutes ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Both are very good. Rune Factory has a lot to do besides battle - exploring, sidequests, crafting, building relationships, in-game events - which adds a lot of fun to the game. Tears to Tiara is, for most part, a visual novel in story mode, but the tactical part is really engaging - and the end game dungeon is 99.9% tactics and 1% story to compensate it. You will not be disappointed whatever you choose.

Can't decide! Might have to get both it seems ? Thanks!

17 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Anyone have a list of whats new for Week 2 Golden sale? Don't want to scroll thru week 1 disappointments... Plus need a unexpired discount code. Games aren't discounted enough...

There haven't been any changes since last week... yet?

As far as I know, all the 20% codes expired yesterday. Hoping for another live.playstation giveaway soon - I missed the last ones...

56 minutes ago, visighost said:

There haven't been any changes since last week... yet?

As far as I know, all the 20% codes expired yesterday. Hoping for another live.playstation giveaway soon - I missed the last ones...

Yeah, I was waiting for a kind heart to give me one of those codes yesterday :/

i think this is all they have to offer this week but it isn't bad. at least they have star wars the force awaken's (ps3) for 15$. saves me 15$ over the physical copy.

getting that and:

Xblaze Lost: Memories (vita)

Rune Factory: Tides of destiny (ps3) this was previously ditched last week 

there's stuff i want but all i have is 40$. leaves a fresh month for the remaining 4 weeks with no changes in funds.

if i didn't save spare money would only have 20$ each round the whole month.

Edited by kingdrake2

12 minutes ago, ElEyeman said:

So there's nothing new this week, is the same as last week for the Golden Week Sale.

Damn that sucks. I was actually a little hype that they got rid of a lot of stuff I dont want last week and this week would murder my wallet. Guess disappointed again. Haha.

A part of me is kinda happy that there's no new titles added to the Golden Week sale. I ended up spending $270 on the sale last week, mainly because I didn't have that many Vita titles. Now I need to stay away from buying games for a good month or so ?

I'm still uncertain about the Utawarerumono games though. I might just wait until the first game gets localized here, then get the games. 

Edited by Golden Devil Gamer

3 minutes ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

A part of me is kinda happy that there's no new titles added to the Golden Week sale. I ended up spending $270 on the sale last week, mainly because I didn't have that many Vita titles. Now I need to stay away from buying games for a good month or so 1f605.png

I'm still uncertain about the Utawarerumono games though. I might just wait until the first game gets localized here, then get the games. 

Wow, did you buy every game or what?! You should be good until next year’s golden week! ?

1 hour ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Damn that sucks. I was actually a little hype that they got rid of a lot of stuff I dont want last week and this week would murder my wallet. Guess disappointed again. Haha.

I'm really disappointed, the Golden Week sale banner on the PS Store clearly says "Week 1", so I really expected something new this week. 

6 minutes ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

A part of me is kinda happy that there's no new titles added to the Golden Week sale. I ended up spending $270 on the sale last week, mainly because I didn't have that many Vita titles. Now I need to stay away from buying games for a good month or so 1f605.png

Holy shit, that's a lot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neocarleen said:

Wow, did you buy every game or what?! You should be good until next year’s golden week! 1f606.png

Considering how many of them are lengthy JRPGs, I think I'll be good for the next couple of years or so xD 

1 hour ago, ElEyeman said:

Holy shit, that's a lot. 

I should clarify that I'm in Canada, so buying those games in the US would probably come up $50 less.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Yeah the sales may be a fifth of todays (dont even know where u pull that info) but you are forgetting that game making cost "a fifth" of todays too. Games that require you know people to do their motion captures, voices, marketing advertisements. Its way costly now to make.

Five times is a number I pulled out of my ass, but it isn't that far from the truth.

Taking some best-selling game statistics from the last couple of years vs. around 2001, the best-sellers sell about three times more than they used to. In fact, what was considered 'best-selling' back in 2001 (Halo: Combat Evolved with 5 mil), is now considered to be average (anyone recall Square Enix saying that their game 'underperformed' with 5 mil sales?).

Game production costs haven't risen as much as people think. As technology improves, the cost of older technology goes down, and the newer technology is sold for what the older technology was upon release. Voice actors aren't being paid to reflect any changes (they sorta went on strike about it just last year), and marketing costs about the same as it always has, adjusted for inflation. Possibly even less. Used to be that a game would have to buy a TV advertisement, or one in a magazine - now they just have to post a picture or two on Facebook, maybe pay substantially less for it to be promoted on the site.

Game costs wouldn't rise to meet a rise in production costs, they would rise to increase a company's GDP. Breaking even, even if it weren't possible under current costs, could easily be done with DLC (same engine, most of the content is already there). Instead things such as DLC and microtransactions go towards making profits. Which is fine, I guess, but don't tell me that I should be paying more for games. £55 is perfectly fucking fine, thank you.

we're going to have another quiet week. seems they put a totally digital sale and ubisoft both of which don't have much choices however there's a chance they may put a flash sale at the end of the week. should know friday what i'll end up getting.

Edited by kingdrake2