So, how is this game?

AJ_Radio

This game was on my radar since I first heard it was going to resemble more of a "realistic" sort of RPG set in 1400s Bohemia.

Whereas both The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and The Witcher 3 both were released to terrific praise when they came out and are still touted as excellent fantasy, medieval western RPGs, Kingdom Come Deliverance has had a slew of mixed, sometimes real critical reviews.

For an indie developer to take on such a project I feel they did a pretty bangin job. But bugs and other issues is likely what caused them to release a huge patch, or they could of just added more quests.

Realistically however I probably won't get around to this game until late 2019 since I plan to purchase Skyrim once I'm done with the Witcher 3. The game looks to have gotten a lot more attention on the Steam platform because there aren't a lot of owners for this game, at least on this website.

Is it worth getting? Is it worth devoting all the time required for the platinum?

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

Won't be for a long while. Last thing I need is to add another game to my backlog that is going to take over 100 hours to finish.

The game looks rather interesting. Looks like the developers took a page from Skyrim and added their own twist, making a more realistic, unforgiving RPG.

Game is fun while it lasts but the grind is real and bug/glitch is way too many. Framerate issue also present even multiple patch.

It's 150 hours plat while I already got it I can't recommend anyone try to do it but recommend to play to enjoy the story that last around 40-50 hours.But It's very tedious plat if you aim for it.

Just started this, its certainly not as polished as a AAA game. Graphics are average, nothing special on par with maybe dragon age. map is annoying as are the controls. Im in for a huge grind but ill see if i can push through.

Id rate this as a PS3 level game from 6+ years ago to be honest

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

I can tell you haven't played a PS3 game in long time lol

not since the PS4 came out lol. Either way i was saying the graphics in KCD are not the best

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/05/2018 at 3:28 AM, iChepito said:

now have to force myself to get the platinum 1f610.png

Wait why? 

I agree with you about the game being pretty boring though. 

Also something else I didn't like that you didn't mention is how none of your choices have any impact on anything.

Compare to say Dragon Age or Witcher where you get slightly different dialogue or ending sequences or whatever here you just have no impact on anything and have to slog through a fairly boring revenge story with a shit ending.

I was really excited for this one for like a year as well, but you're right it's just so boring running around on a shitty horse that controls horribly constantly getting stuck in bush or something just to get the next location that's 1000 miles away just to finish a quest to see the next boring chain of dialogue, reminded me of Elex kind of. 

Also they touted it  as some kind of historical epic that was super realistic but it feels like a very bland generic interpretation that isn't realistic at all.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

I thought the extent of the realism was actually pretty cool: you had to actually learn how to read in the game (the quest itself to start the process is very easy though), you'd had to craft your own potions, get sleep regularly, eat and drink to keep Henry healthy, and so on. I enjoyed it when it came out, despite the myriad problems the game faced during the first weeks. There were so many bugs and game-breaking glitches that could really mess you over, or even lock you out of certain trophies. I still need to muster the courage to continue with my journey towards its platinum trophy, mostly because I kept getting into newer games, but I'd imagine the state of the game is significantly better, considering the patches they've released during the past year.

• Like 2

I'd highly recommend this game if you're into the genre. Half expected this to be a janky mess but 100 plus hours in I'm still really enjoying it. Some of the dlc is great and considering the game sas produced by a 'mid-tier' developer, there's a hell of a lot of content within the base game compared to a lot of AAA games these days. 

I'd recommend deciding whether your want to go ask in for the 100% before progressing too far as the dlc trophies can be somewhat missable depending on actions in the base game. 

Some trophies can be somewhat grindy but never feels like a chore. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2018 at 4:04 PM, --Deleted-- said:

I put this in the chat, but I know you don't check it often. Game looks dope as fuck. Needs a patch apparently though. Seen multiple reviewers complaining about similar problems. Anyways, enjoy!

Let me know if you get it.

I don't know if you'll bother to read this or do anything on this site anymore but I realize I got kicked for inactivity.

I'm still on the fence on this game. Maybe when I get a couple dozen games finished I will get it.

This game is tending more to a " Peasant Simulator " in the medieval ages. If you are into that kind of thing then hell yes it's the game for you. The details and representation of Bohemia at that period of time is as accurate as it can be. Plus the hungarian lines are a nice bonus. Also the game got quite patched recently.

HOWEVER!!!! This is a PEASANT SIMULATOR at first. Means , just like in real life , talking shit to guards won't make them bow to you like in Skyrim , they will pummel you in 10 seconds xD From what I played ( on PC , ignore my PS4 trophy log on this case ) you really are the lowest of the low. I mean, if you have to wash yourself before even talking to someone ... Yep that level of realism. The closest I have seen to this kind of game was Mount and Blade Warband. The game will be unforgiving if you approach it like in Witcher for example. Surprisingly the best way to approach the game and definetly the best strategy overall would be common sense : Should I really try to pickpocket the burly blacksmith when I can't even crouch properly? Probably not.

This kind of realism is what made me interested in the game, because so far no other RPG went this far .

What I would strongly reccomend, if you ever decide to get this game (definetly get it as a discount) do not play it for the platinum, at least not the first playthrough. Better to do some save backups here and there and after playing the game fully better to return for the extra trophies. 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 0:38 PM, iChepito said:

I retract my post from last year. 

This game is amazing!!!! Any game that can make you put 100 hours into it and not get bored is doing something right! i recently gave it another shot and found the charm for it.

I’m so thankful I gave this game another shot. It’s challenging and grindy at times, but I am having a blast going for the platinum.

I hope there is sequel one day!

Pretty cool you gave a game a second chance after not liking it first. Same thing happened to me with NieR: Automata...hated it at first, then hated less than before a year later. ?

Anyways, I will look into this game later it as I did heard some split thoughts on it when it first came out.

BTW, if you are into Western RPGs I highly recommend Divinity: Origin Sin 2...although this one is tactical. Have to love these indie Western RPG developers.

• Like 1

There's a LOT you have to download because they patched this game to hell and back. Good thing I didn't play this on release day because I wouldn't of tolerated all those bugs and glitches.

I'm going to wait for the "full version" to come out and hopefully they treated it just like how CD Projekt Red treated The Witcher 3: Game of the Year Edition. Everything there and ready to go.

I love the western medieval setting. There's just something about it that greatly appeals to me.

Dude, don't buy this game at all. I heard the reviews for it were horrible and there are a lot of bugs and glitches that almost made it unplayable. I don't like M rated games, but if I were you, I would honestly save my money for something other than this trash of a game.

Edited by MMX20
reworking a post.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

You have never played this so how could your opinion matter in any way? This game is fantastic even with the bugs but I’m sure most of those have been patched out by now. The only thing that is trash here is your useless opinion.

Dude, the reviews for it were hugely negative and there are a lot of issues surrounding it. Even with it patched out, it's not worth the money.