What don't you like about trophies?

BigHatPaul

1 minute ago, snakebit10 said:

The one thing I don't like is no way of tracking progress on certain trophies. I believe Xbox has the feature and would like to see it implemented on the Sony trophy system. Some games have in game tracking systems but some don't. It would be especially helpful if you need a certain amount of kills or drive a certain amount of miles.

I agree with this.  It is annoying to need "kill X of this monster" and to not know how many you are at,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Agree with @snakebit10. An on-system trophy tracking feature would be great. 

Also agree with @Cobby. Why not some light, free stuff for plats? Avatars and the like would add a nice touch. Hell - let me use the trophies themselves as avatars when I earn them.

I also agree with both @snakebit10 and @Cobby.  There are countless times where I wish I had the on-system trophy tracking, usually I try to keep track of these things myself on paper but it doesn't always work that way.  The free avatars/themes for plats in certain games or reaching a certain number of plats/trophies would be cool as well.

22 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

The one thing I don't like is no way of tracking progress on certain trophies. I believe Xbox has the feature and would like to see it implemented on the Sony trophy system. Some games have in game tracking systems but some don't. It would be especially helpful if you need a certain amount of kills or drive a certain amount of miles.

This would be great, but from what I understand even some first party titles like Sea of Thieves doesn't utilize this as it's optional...

I'll throw in my own two cents as well. The leveling system is annoying to me. Since there are tiering trophy types that seem to denote some sort of superiority and rarity aspect, it would be nice to see this be tied to the point values some way. If the rarer the trophy, the more points it got, I think that would be more beneficial to the leveling system. This creates one problem that immediately comes to mind and that's the rarity of the trophies will be ever changing, causing level drops based on what the experience is then worth at that point. A positive aspect of that is it creates the drive to continue achieving and obtaining rare trophies, which would be good for the community in the first place and put some of the less meaningful trophies (such as My Name is Mayo) wiht a lower point value as it should be.

25 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

This is definitely one of my favorite things about hunting on XBOX One. It's great to nest the target achievements and grind them out while seeing real time progress toward them as you go instead of guessing and hoping you're close enough

Edited by happybivouac

Recycled trophy art. It's okay, even desirable to an extent, but entire list or even copying it to sequel makes me less motivated to hunt trophies. Also cups, oh how I detest the cups. Besides the trophy is already a cup in the stock art, it's pointless to have another.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, happybivouac said:

I'll throw in my own two cents as well. The leveling system is annoying to me. Since there are tiering trophy types that seem to denote some sort of superiority and rarity aspect, it would be nice to see this be tied to the point values some way.

The trophies themselves (bronze, silver, gold, plat) have tiering points attached to them, so earning a trophy gives you 15, 30, 90 and 180 pts respectively. Having them tied to rarity monitored by PSN or PSNProfiles, like you said, causes issues because games can fluctuate a lot. I personally like the point distribution for trophies right now. I'd agree with a few of the posts above about trophy progress being available, but SonyRewards has been beneficial for me to reap rewards with the trophies I earn. They did really well with that system so I have another motivation to get trophies.

I'm fine with the fluctuation because they shouldn't be worth a static amount of points. That's why I use sites like TrueAchievements and TrueTrophies for points and level values because they take the rarity into consideration when the point values are given to the trophies.

22 minutes ago, happybivouac said:

put some of the less meaningful trophies (such as My Name is Mayo) wiht a lower point value as it should be.

Oh, thanks for reminding me of the other thing: The absurd judgment of other peoples trophies. I don't like that either. 

• Like 3

I definitely agree with the trophy tracking in order give you more information on grindy trophies that you are currently working on. I think it might be cool to have a sort of set up for being able to display your rarest achievements or favorite achievements (similar to the displays we can have on here) on your profile that you set up on the system! 

Edited by Lawless_Llama
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

The fact people judge you by your trophies. People think that the more platinums you have the better you are, that isn't the case. Some people don't have the time or just don't care while if you've got all the easy games it makes you a God because you have 50+ games, it shouldn't mean anything besides you enjoy games.

That doesn't really have anything to do with the trophy system. It's just am issue with humans that you're bound to experience.