So people are offended... again. (Dead Island Riptide)

Dreakon139

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/15/3878810/dead-island-riptides-bloody-torso-statue-sparks-anger-shock

It seems like people unanimously agree that this is shocking, offensive, anger-inducing.  Are you offended that such a thing would exist?

EDIT: Just realized this story is like four months old.  Why on earth are there still new stories on Kotaku discussing it?  People are facking stupid, myself included.

Edited by Dreakon139

Man. I can understand people being offended, but it still seems a little ridiculous. If it isn't something you want, don't buy it. It serves little functionality, and doesn't do anything for more than the owner. I personally wouldn't want one, but I am not going to go shooting guns at people that just want to collect.

• Like 2

It's a collector's item for a game with a Mature rating. If the game is targeted for a mature audience, then the company should be allowed to include such things without persecution.

Excellent point. I'd say this is much more grotesque than the Dead Island statue, but I have yet to see similar outrage towards this.

it's a mauled up female torso for a zombie game, I don't see what's so offensive about it.Isn't that the idea of it for you know...a zombie game?

Where was everyone when naughty dog made this for the last of us?

the_last_of_us_infected_3.jpg

I just really have trouble understanding why people get outraged, I guess it's a way of trying to exist in this virtual world - don't like it? don't buy it - how hard can that be ?

I've never understood it either. It seems nowadays people are far more concerned with what others do with their lives than what their doing with their own life. It's pathetic really.

Parker

• Like 1

I just really have trouble understanding why people get outraged, I guess it's a way of trying to exist in this virtual world - don't like it? don't buy it - how hard can that be ?

Because it's a female with a revealing top.  If it was a dude we wouldn't be here and everyone would want it.

I'm not interested in it but I'm certainly not going to stop anyone from buying it if they want.

Edited by ASlimeAppears