New Patch Removes 53 Songs from GTA IV and Episodes

Afro_Gear

UPDATE:  As of 4/29 the Physical copy of GTA IV The Complete Edition has not been updated. I read another post below that the Digital copy of this version still has not been updated. Either the patch certification is being delayed by Sony or Rockstar is letting these copies slide...

As you've probably heard by now Rockstar has released a patch for GTA IV and The Episodes from Liberty City to remove several songs from the game. Well unfortunately it is not limited to Steam as console players are getting the update as well. 

If you're anything like me you won't be updating the game. Which this really sucks for anyone who does not have the Multiplayer completed. Abstaining from the update will likely prevent you from connecting to the online portion so you'll have to decide if you would rather patch it to play online or stay offline to keep the soundtrack intact. (I will test tonight and post results.)

Either way this is sad news. Games that are already owned should remain intact and all future sales should be patched. I don't know how they are getting around this. Remember Alan Wake? They weren't forced to patch it out. Still sad for the future of our games. 

Removed songs

IF99 – International Funk
  • Gil Scott-Heron – Home Is Where the Hatred Is
K109 The Studio
  • Tamiko Jones – Can’t Live Without Your Love
  • Rose Royce – Still In Love
Liberty City Hardcore
  • Cro-Mags – It’s the Limit
  • Leeway – Enforcer
  • Bathory – Call from the Grave
Liberty Rock Radio
  • The Smashing Pumpkins – 1979
  • Stevie Nicks – Edge of Seventeen
  • Electric Light Orchestra – Evil Woman
  • David Bowie – Fascination
  • Black Sabbath – Heaven And Hell
  • AC/DC – Touch Too Much
  • The Doors – Five to One
  • Jefferson Starship – Jane
  • Iron Maiden – Run To The Hills
Radio Broker
  • The Prairie Cartel – Homicide
  • Ralph Myerz – The Teacher
San Juan Sounds
  • Angel y Khriz – Ven Báilalo
  • Angel y Khriz (feat. Gocho & John Eric) – Na De Na
  • Ivy Queen – Dime (Reggaeton Remix)
  • Tego Calderón (feat. Oscar D’León) – Llora, Llora
  • Aventura – El Desprecio
The Beat 102.7
  • Fat Joe (feat. Lil Wayne) – Crackhouse
  • Papoose – Stylin’
The Classics
  • Brand Nubian – All for One
  • Marley Marl (feat. Craig G) – Droppin’ Science
The Journey
  • Terry Riley – A Rainbow in Curved Air
  • Michael Shrieve – Communique: ‘Approach Spiral
The Vibe 98.8
  • Mtume – C.O.D. (I’ll Deliver)
Vladivostok FM
  • Kino – Gruppa Krovi
  • Marakesh – Zhdat
  • Zveri – Kvartira
  • Seryoga – King Ring
  • Splean – Liniya Zhizni
  • Basta – Mama
  • Leningrad – Nikogo ne Zhalko
  • Ranetki Girls – O Tebe
  • Dolphin – Rap
  • Glukoza – Schweine
  • Ruslana – Wild Dances
  • Oleg Kvasha – Zelenoglazoe Taksi
  • Sucker DJs – Salvation (eSQUIRE Remix)
  • Jonathan Peters feat. Maya Azucena – Music
  • David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland – When Love Takes Over
Vice City FM
  • Robbie Nevil – C’est La Vie
  • Mai Tai – History
  • Womack & Womack – Teardrops
  • Scritti Politti – Wood Beez (Pray Like Aretha Franklin)
  • John Farnham – You’re the Voice

Added Songs

Vladivostok FM
  • ALEKSEY BOLSHOY: YA Nenavizhu Karaoke
  • SERYOGA: Mon Ami (ft. Maks Lorens)
  • DELICE: Goryacheye Leto
  • SERYOGA: Dobav’ Skorost
  • RIFFMASTER: Begu (Rancho Song)
  • RIFFMASTER Riffmaster Tony
  • ZHENYA FOKIN: Noch’ju
  • AYVENGO: Underground
  • KIEVELEKTRO: Gulyaj, Slavyane!! (ft. Alyona Vinnitskaya)
  • AYVENGO: Reprezenty
  • SERYOGA: Chiki

Edited by Afro_Gear
  • Like 3

A patch 10 years after the game is released, damn hahaha. I think as long as this hasn't broken a trophy on the game people won't mind that the songs were removed from the game, as anyone playing the game now likely just wants to clean up the trophy list, it's a game everyone should have definitely played by now. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The_Hoxifier said:

This really sucks. 

The fact that they added songs kind of rubs salt in the wound, tbh.

Yeah it does suck. I'm going through it currently playing for the 4th time and now cleaning up the trophies. Gonna want the full soundtrack while going for those pigeons. At the very least when I play this again in ten years I'd love to have the original soundtrack in place. 

• Like 1

Just now, Konoe said:

Glad I got the platinum back in November. If I ever play this, I won't update it. Any reason why the songs are being removed?

Licenses expiring, no doubt. This Sunday is the game's 10th anniversary so they were probably only licensed for 10 years.

• Like 2

Just now, Pyramat said:

Licenses expiring, no doubt. This Sunday is the game's 10th anniversary so they were probably only licensed for 10 years.

That makes sense. Still removing ELO, AC/DC, Iron Maiden and David Bowie songs seems like a crime

• Like 3

Lol Most of the removed songs are from my favorite radio stations, Vladivostok FM and Liberty Rock Radio. I immediately switched to those stations after getting into any vehicle.

Not sure about the new songs but there are most coming out than what they are adding in. I'm sure they have their reasons for doing this but it totally sucks. ☹️

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

Yeah it does suck. I'm going through it currently playing for the 4th time and now cleaning up the trophies. Gonna want the full soundtrack while going for those pigeons. At the very least when I play this again in ten years I'd love to have the original soundtrack in place. 

Isn't the soundtrack on every disc? If someone plays a physical copy of the game and doesn't install this patch won't the soundtrack still be there?

1 minute ago, Xxleonardo97xX said:

Isn't the soundtrack on every disc? If someone plays a physical copy of the game and doesn't install this patch won't the soundtrack still be there?

Yes, you can choose not to install the patch and play with the soundtrack intact, however, this will likely prevent you from playing GTA 4 online. Most games block online access unless it is patched. I will check when I'm home tonight. Rumor has it that digital copies will update automatically. 

Edited by Afro_Gear

Am I wrong or this happened too when they make San Andreas' remaster?

Btw this suck, GTA's songs keep me company in the entire game usually. No real songs stuck in my head, but it was nice to have them. I guess PC players are lucky, since they can restore lost songs, or better play custom songs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NaRayquaza said:

Am I wrong or this happened too when they make San Andreas' remaster?

Btw this suck, GTA's songs keep me company in the entire game usually. No real songs stuck in my head, but it was nice to have them. I guess PC players are lucky, since they can restore lost songs, or better play custom songs.

@NaRayquaza Yes, but this is the largest library they've removed yet. But Vice City and San Andreas on PS4 were re releases. The big problem I have is forcing them out of a game you "own". Crossing the line.

• Like 4

Not that i will likely ever play the game again and haven't touched it for years but this is pretty sad to see, Vladivostok (and Electro Choc) were my favourite radio stations and it looks like the entire station has been gutted, still remember Glukoza's Schweine being the first song that played as soon as i got into the first car after the intro.

Edited by Martain2

This feels like a PS Vita FW update. Not to add things, but to eliminate some, instead fixing that stupid driving where your car slides on the floor... ugh...

• Like 1

Just now, TheYuriG said:

You can always eliminate the patch once you are done with the MP and play with all the songs there, waiting for you, as they always waited these 10 years.

But you have to remove all the other patches. You can't go back to 1.08. So any fixes are lost and you're going back to the unpatched original. But still, it doesn't matter how long the game has been available. It's about preserving gaming history. I don't sell my games. One day I'll come back. Heck, one day my kid will play this lol. 

Just now, Afro_Gear said:

But you have to remove all the other patches. You can't go back to 1.08. So any fixes are lost and you're going back to the unpatched original. But still, it doesn't matter how long the game has been available. It's about preserving gaming history. I don't sell my games. One day I'll come back. Heck, one day my kid will play this lol. 

What fixes have been made? Don't know about the game having anything broken on release or whatever. I just mean that all the content is still acessible if you wish to use it.

2 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

What fixes have been made? Don't know about the game having anything broken on release or whatever. I just mean that all the content is still acessible if you wish to use it.

Just various graphical fixes or bugs. I guess there is no "have your cake and eat it too" in this situation.