New Patch Removes 53 Songs from GTA IV and Episodes

Afro_Gear

Yeah, like I said earlier, it makes no sense to deploy the patch for the disc versions anyway. They haven't made any money from the sales of those versions in years and thus they aren't legally bound to do anything about what's in those versions.

12 minutes ago, Jeffboy24 said:

That's very smart imo.

The topic is over, most version got the patch and everybody forgot.

It's a decade old game...i don't think the patch really affects a huge group of gamers at this point...first time playing it now?...well, then you won't be missing anything since you don't know how it was...

the only real buzz kill would be people who are either hunting pigeons or are doing awp races who like to browse the radio while they complete them...more repetitive now?...yes...big deal?...not really imo...if it is, then don't buy digital copies is the solution...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jeffboy24 said:

But wouldn't they need to put the disc versions of shelfs everywhere?

Here in Germany I can go to the next GameStop and get a brand-new copy of GTA IV for PS3 without any problem. 

There are still a lot.

Retailers buy from the publisher, so they're effectively already sold. Unless the publisher is still manufacturing them, there's no reason to bother with patching it out. Other than maybe appeasing music publishers so they don't get pissed at you and refuse to license to you in the future. Which I guess might explain the reasoning behind why they'd go out of their way on the retail version.

Well i've decided to delete my digital PS3 copy since they silently patched the downloads so i would've lost anyway if the HDD decided to broke someday, and bought a copy of the Complete Edition. To hell this crap.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 2

On 28.5.2018 at 3:28 PM, Lance_87 said:

Well i've decided to delete my digital PS3 copy since they silently patched the downloads so i would've lost anyway if the HDD decided to broke someday, and bought a copy of the Complete Edition. To hell this crap.

Good job.

This is one of the many reason why I prefer disc over digital.

• Like 2