Kittet's Trophy To-Dos

Kittet3

So I got three finishes (platinums even!) is 24 hours, which is extremely unlike me. It also means I'm 3 retrospectives behind, which is a pretty good problem to have in my book! But since I'm just grinding out endings on Psycho-Pass, I figured I'll get these retros done before I'm 4 behind!

1S2ad416.png

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

I'm at a lost of how to explain the genre of this game. A point-and-click interactive visual novel? I've heard about this series for a long time, but held off until the price was right before I jumped into it and I was blew away. The game is a super fun mystery game where you have to "play detective" in a point-and-click environment and then try to convince your peers in a court-room style mini-game roulette type of deal. The story and characters really make the game, however. I usually have trouble keeping people straight in games, but each character here had really memorable and unique personalities that really came easy for me to remember. The game also actually feels like a detective game even though it won't let you progress without all the clues, I never felt like I "missed" something but instead always felt like I was still exploring. The actual trials are fun too and, although some of them are predictable, there was a few that I went in not knowing the guilty party.

Trophy-wise, the game has a pretty boring end-game grind. It's generous that it doesn't make you replay the main game to get reputation with the characters, but the mini-game it does offer gets repetitive really quickly with only small bursts of new dialogue. I originally stopped at this part since I got bored, and only recently went back to finish it as part of the Camp Wannalottaplats event.

Enjoyment: 9/10

Difficulty: 2/10 (because patience is difficult sometimes)

1S2d393d.png

Energy Balance

With Sony Rewards, there are some games where you can basically "make money" by plating them and that's how I justified my purchase of this game (on sale). I originally thought I'd play through it without a solver, but this game requires either a ton of luck or a ton of problem-solving algebra skills. Basically, you have to solve lines of math equations (all pluses and minuses) to get a certain sum when reading the board a certain way. The luck part comes in because there are multiple ways to solve a line, but only one that works to finish the board. Think of it like a Sudoku puzzle, but every time you finish a square, a new row of them shows up and you realize your solution won't work anymore. 

The energy balance website never would load for me and I didn't want to download software on my computer. Finally, I rigged up a system using some Python code linked to PST and an online compiler to run the code and that worked super well and I only had two instances where I had to rerun the code because it couldn't calculate it.

Enjoyment: 2/10

Difficulty: 2/10 with solver (mostly figuring out how to set it up)

1S19cfec.png

The Walking Dead: The New Frontier 

It's been so long since I played the first two walking deads that I kinda forgot the story lines besides some really broad scenes. I think that might be why I didn't love this one as much. It was cool seeing Clementine grown up, but I would have much rather the story be built around here and have more references to the first two stories and about how those experiences helped shape her. But, instead, it seemed she wasn't much more then a guest appearance for Javi's story. I did really enjoy Javi's story on it's own- I found the themes really thought-invoking. A little too much action in a short time frame- it played like a cheesy action movie instead of making it a more realistic life look. It also kinda set itself up for a sequel, which I really don't want for what seems like a side story in the walking dead universe. Also

I wanted Kenny returning to be a reoccuring theme

Enjoyment: 5/10

Difficulty: 1/10

• Like 2

Interesting update! And I must say I am still impressed how dedicated you are when it comes to finish games. It's a bit scary to be honest. :) Not sure if I could do it too, but then again my PlayStation journey has just started.

About your recent Platinum Trophies. First of all congratulations! Danganronpa sounds like a fun experience, although I am not into video novels. I might be at some point but there are so many out there I wouldn't even know where to begin. Anyway glad you enjoyed it. Energy Balance sounds not so bad when you describe it but I can see that it might be rather repetitive after a while. I actually played TWD 1 & 2 plus the 400 Days mini episodes and I liked them but Season 2 was kinda boring so I lost interest. And from what I've read about Season 3 sounded like it is even less interesting then Season 2. Which is a shame since I really liked the first entry. But I am still a big fan of Kirkmans work so might buy them all for my PS4, and it would be a nice excuse to get a few easy Platinum Trophies. Oh and they just announced that Clementines final season will start on August 14th.

Also, your list looks good now after you made a few changes but I liked the theme oriented approach so I am not so sure if shortening those was a good idea. But I understand how keeping 10 up all the time can be a bit challenging.

Edited by Durandal
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Durandal said:

Interesting update! And I must say I am still impressed how dedicated you are when it comes to finish games. It's a bit scary to be honest. :) Not sure if I could do it too, but then again my PlayStation journey has just started.

About your recent Platinum Trophies. First of all congratulations! Danganronpa sounds like a fun experience, although I am not into video novels. I might be at some point but there are so many out there I wouldn't even know where to begin. Anyway glad you enjoyed it. Energy Balance sounds not so bad when you describe it but I can see that it might be rather repetitive after a while. I actually played TWD 1 & 2 plus the 400 Days mini episodes and I liked them but Season 2 was kinda boring so I lost interest. And from what I've read about Season 3 sounded like it is even less interesting then Season 2. Which is a shame since I really liked the first entry. But I am still a big fan of Kirkmans work so might buy them all for my PS4, and it would be a nice excuse to get a few easy Platinum Trophies. Oh and they just announced that Clementines final season will start on August 14th.

Also, your list looks good now after you made a few changes but I liked the theme oriented approach so I am not so sure if removing those was a good idea.

Just wait, you're already affected with the platinum bug. It only gets worse from here :P

Visual novels are such hit or misses for me. I hated my first visual novel (Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi) and skipped through the whole thing. I then LOVED Steins;Gate and read every ending and played it every moment. I also loved Amnesia;memories as well. Then I hated Code;Realize again and skipped all the dialogue (even though I thought the main guy character was pretty cute, so that's how I got as far as I did in it by legit reading) I couldn't even get past the opening in XBlaze. Then I loved Hateful Boyfriend and the sequel. Then, I wasn't in love with Steins;Gate0 and I'm currently playing Psycho-pass and I'm skipping through it again because I lost interest after the first two endings, lol. I would say it's something to ease yourself into, but I really think it just depends on how much you bond with the stories and the characters. Since you don't have plus, your best bet would be to wait for some easy VNs to go on sale low enough and try them out then. Worse thing that could happen is that you skip through them and get an easy plat. Best thing is that you could find what really fits your taste and maybe even a good series. Also, games like Danganronpa and a few others aren't true visual novels since they have other aspects to them (in Danganronpa's case, point and click and minigames), so maybe testing some hybrid games out would also help you figure out if you're even interested in them.

I agree that season 2 lost alot of the glamour that season 1 had, but I still enjoyed it as apart of the story, which I can't say the same for the new frontier. (I'm not sure if the new frontier is suppose to be apart of the main story line, or if it's suppose to be a side story that just happens to have Clementine in it, so maybe I'm being too harsh. But, the fact that I can't tell is actually very telling about how awful the game was) I still want Machonne to go on sale low enough to motivate me to pick it up, but I'm not too eager for it. I'm also not going to be waiting in any digital lines for the new season this August.

Oh, the themes are still there! I just made it so I can't just keep doing one theme over and over and ignore the rest, so now I have to spend time with each theme each month. (Before I kept moving games around so I could play the ones I was interested in at the moment and that didn't actually motivate me to finish anything)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Oh, the themes are still there! I just made it so I can't just keep doing one theme over and over and ignore the rest, so now I have to spend time with each theme each month. (Before I kept moving games around so I could play the ones I was interested in at the moment and that didn't actually motivate me to finish anything)

I agree that a fixed theme based list can be daunting so why not keep a flexible list. You rotate a few themes add or remove some and so on. Or is this already your intention?

Well I tell you what I keep your list of Visual Stories as a reference if I decide to jump into this genre. Oh and I do have plus so I probably grab one of these if they show up there and if it sounds interesting. And I agree with not waiting on all the episodes to be released, I hate that actually. So I wait until they are all out and buy the complete TWD Collection when it is on sale, maybe the coming winter.

Anyway keep on playing! ;) Oh and have a lovely day off.

• Like 1

Cool update @Kittet3

All that talk about visual novels reminds me that I have yet to play any game of that genre. Hopefully, I'll be fixing that now that I have a Vita. I'm not too much into getting digital games though, so I hope most of those can be found through eBay and whatnot.

I do have the first TWD game on my PS3 but I haven't played it. Might give it a shot when I'm in the mood for an easy plat to check how is it. I have heard many people praising this Telltale games but I haven't played any until this day. :P

Good luck with your Scrum Board! :)

• Like 1

So I have some good news and I have some bad news, but I'll start with the good news first:

Retrospective

1Sbb9dd8.png

Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness

I already went on about visual novels a few posts up, so I'll keep this brief. This visual novel was mostly a miss for me. I am only casually acquainted with the anime Psycho Pass, so I only knew the bare minimum about the world and I mostly thought it'd be an interesting concept. The game did have a pretty engaging story at times, but the branches were so boring from each other that I just turned on the auto-skip after the first two were finished. It would have been tons better if the skip read parts worked properly, but it wouldn't skip scenes if they were only slightly different from each other. 

Fundamentally, I would rather read a book then a visual novel most days. I think if I didn't have to wait so long between sentences then I'd like them better, but currently it just draws out the read-time immensely. The mini-game was pretty fun, I love the mobile game it's based off and they added enough variety to the levels to make them interested.

Difficulty: 2/10

Enjoyableness (I forgot the word I was using and I'm too lazy to scroll up): 5/10

Stand up Update:

So when I'm sleepy, I do silly things and can't remember them the next day. It appears to be a very good chance I turned off my PS4 after finishing the walking dead instead of putting it in rest mode, meaning I can't access it via remote play anymore :facepalm: I'm hoping that this isn't the case and my internet back home is just down for a while, but it's starting to look like it might be because I specifically remember almost doing it several times. If this is the case, I'm going have to remove Hue and Minefield from my list and sub them for vita-only games. 

Also, PSNow has a temporary price drop to 10$ a month (100$ for 12). I know I have enough games, but I'm super interested in subbing for a bit. I'm not sure if I can or want to do it while I'm in Korea or if I want to wait until I'm back home, but it's likely I'll at least get a one month sub to try it out. (and rack in the easy trophies. I also really want to play Braid, Sly Collection, Flow, and a few other games that it has included)

EDIT: Almost forgot, there's a strange glitch on the website that I track my backlog with that if I have the base game completed and I mark I own a DLC pack, but I don't get a trophy in said DLC pack, it doesn't count the DLC as unfinished trophies. Super annoying and the admins ignored my feedback to fix it for months now. I noticed that Escape Plan was missing from my list for this reason. It also slightly messes up my percentages, but not really significantly. 

Edited by Kittet3

Stand-Up Update:

Kum-sa-hum-ne-da! (Hello!)

Milestone: 5.02 trophies per day (almost to goal!)

Since it seems I did turn off my PS4, I had to switch up a few things in the opening post. I changed out the PS4 games and category and removed two goals that would have been impossible without it.  Looks like it's going to be me and the Vita for the rest of the summer :) 

I added more games to fill out my Camp Wannalottaplats list and those are now listed in the first post as well. It was super fun and challenging to go through my vita games list and try to find games that were both feasible and related to the categories, but I think I made a pretty solid list. 

3 new games have been added to the backlog. The first two are Blasting Agent: Ultimate Edition, a simple 2D shooter game that's cross-platform for the vita and PS4. I got it because it's a pretty short and easy two plats and I'm finding my 2D shooter skills a bit lacking, so hopefully I'm better after this game. The next game is Le Tour de France 2013 - 100th edition. It's a PS3 cycling game that's supposed to be pretty easy. I almost didn't get it, but this was the lowest price it's ever been and I've never played this genre before, so I, kinda regrettably, added it to my evergrowing PS3 backlog with promises that it'll be one of the first games I tackle when I go back home. I also got my eye on preordering the new walking dead season because it comes with the complete edition as well. I forgot a lot of the backstory of the game so I think it would be super fun to play through the episodes again, and at only 20$ it seems well worth it. Since I have time, I'm going to wait until at least September since I wouldn't be able to play it anyway.

Trophy-wise, I started Persona 4 Golden and started to get a bit into it, although I think I'm still in the introduction part. I also started Blasting Agent. I need to get going on Wake Up Club as well, lol 

Life wise, my favorite Pizza place, 59Pizza, was closed when I went there for lunch :( But, I did make up for it for realizing that the fast-food place I went to had 2 fries for the price of 1. Completely worth the two dollars. I also planned to go to some museums, but I got confused with my google map looking for the number 9 bus. I wandered around a building wondering why the bus stop was behind a random building and asked a security guard for assistance in finding the back door. He couldn't understand me but felt bad so he brought me to the foreign language department where a girl spoke some English. After showing her the map, she started walking me to the subway outside before I asked where the bus was and she told me to take the subway instead. I confirmed I knew where that way. It wasn't until I left her and was half-way home I realized that number 9 bus the map wanted me to go on was the subway number :facepalm: It was too late to make it to the museums, so I plan on going tomorrow. Also Google maps needs better icons for subways vs buses.

• Like 2

Don't you have a relative or friend back home that can turn your PS4 on for you? That would help a lot... Although, to be honest, I haven't even looked at how the Remote Play ability works with the Vita and the PS4 so no idea on that one.

Hope you have fun with the games you've added to your backlog. I find it curious that you added on of those Tour de France games there, was kind of unexpected. Didn't you know you were into them. :o  Have you played any other in the series, I have seen some videos of them from afar and they look...kind of clunky? I really don't know what to think about them.

Oooh, Persona 4 Golden. That's a game I definitely need to get for my Vita. I've never had the chance to play any game from that series and I am really looking forward to having the chance to play it on my Vita. Was thinking about it in the background as I bought the console.

4 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Life wise, my favorite Pizza place, 59Pizza, was closed when I went there for lunch :( But, I did make up for it for realizing that the fast-food place I went to had 2 fries for the price of 1. Completely worth the two dollars. I also planned to go to some museums, but I got confused with my google map looking for the number 9 bus. I wandered around a building wondering why the bus stop was behind a random building and asked a security guard for assistance in finding the back door. He couldn't understand me but felt bad so he brought me to the foreign language department where a girl spoke some English. After showing her the map, she started walking me to the subway outside before I asked where the bus was and she told me to take the subway instead. I confirmed I knew where that way. It wasn't until I left her and was half-way home I realized that number 9 bus the map wanted me to go on was the subway number :facepalm: It was too late to make it to the museums, so I plan on going tomorrow. Also Google maps needs better icons for subways vs buses.

That's a funny story. I can imagine the confusion xD

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

I also got my eye on preordering the new walking dead season because it comes with the complete edition as well. I forgot a lot of the backstory of the game so I think it would be super fun to play through the episodes again, and at only 20$ it seems well worth it.

That's indeed a pretty great deal considering the collection costs €29,99 at the moment. In fact it is so good I might actually buy it too. Thanks for pointing this out!

Anyway, interesting additions to your backlog! In particular Le Tour de France 2013. How did you come across this game? Can't wait until you are going to let us know what you think of it, since it is a rather unusual kind of game or a niche game. But it looks like your hands are full with all the other games for the moment, or I dare say for a long time. So this might take a while, but no worries take your time.

As for your little misadventure it sure sounds like quite the journey so I hope you have a good time in the museum tomorrow. And sorry to hear about your PS4, can't you ask someone back home to turn it on for you?

Edited by Durandal
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Don't you have a relative or friend back home that can turn your PS4 on for you? That would help a lot... Although, to be honest, I haven't even looked at how the Remote Play ability works with the Vita and the PS4 so no idea on that one.

Hope you have fun with the games you've added to your backlog. I find it curious that you added on of those Tour de France games there, was kind of unexpected. Didn't you know you were into them. :o  Have you played any other in the series, I have seen some videos of them from afar and they look...kind of clunky? I really don't know what to think about them.

Oooh, Persona 4 Golden. That's a game I definitely need to get for my Vita. I've never had the chance to play any game from that series and I am really looking forward to having the chance to play it on my Vita. Was thinking about it in the background as I bought the console.

That's a funny story. I can imagine the confusion xD

I kinda locked my bedroom before I left and brought my key with me, so there's no way anyone (besides maintenance) could get in my room to begin with. I also think all my roommates left for the summer. (At least, that's what they told me when I asked if anyone could forward my mail. I'm not too close with them to begin with, though) I highly recommend trying remote play sometime- I love doing it at home with games I use a walkthrough with because I can lay on my bed and play as I watch the video (that's how I did Everyone's Gone to the Rapture and Rime) I just recently started doing it while I was away from home and nothing beat watching Minecraft during slow times at work. 

You've already done more research then I did into the game :P The trophy guide said 3/10 and 20 hours and the game had a bicyclist as it's icon and that's all I know. It was less then $2, and with Sony rewards factored in after I get the trophies, it'll be less then a dollar. It's also supposed to be the easiest one in the series.

With Persona 5 coming out, it looks like Persona 4 is finally getting some good sales, so hopefully you get a decent one in your region too that pushes the physical price down. I didn't get much into it yet, but I hope it can live up to all the hype.

11 hours ago, Durandal said:

That's indeed a pretty great deal considering the collection costs €29,99 at the moment. In fact it is so good I might actually buy it too. Thanks for pointing this out!

Anyway, interesting additions to your backlog! In particular Le Tour de France 2013. How did you come across this game? Can't wait until you are going to let us know what you think of it, since it is a rather unusual kind of game or a niche game. But it looks like your hands are full with all the other games for the moment, or I dare say for a long time. So this might take a while, but no worries take your time.

As for your little misadventure it sure sounds like quite the journey so I hope you have a good time in the museum tomorrow. And sorry to hear about your PS4, can't you ask someone back home to turn it on for you?

I can't take all the credit for it- I saw the thread about it :P When playing through the New Frontier, I did think about how I can't remember alot of the actions from the first two games, so I'm thinking of getting it and then playing the whole series once the last episode of the last season is released. Then I tell myself it's silly to preorder something and not play the episodes when they come out. 

Actually, it was this thread: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/61955-3-platinum-for-6-dollars/ that got me interested into buying it. Paired with this is the lowest it's ever been according to PSprices and I haven't bought any games for a while, I figured I'll try it out. I was going to Magrunner too, but I noticed that's a PSnow offering, so I'll just wait until I get PSnow. With everyone saying how unusal it is, I'm getting a bit worried of what I got myself into too. I probably have enough games for a few years, but I try to prioritize recent purchases so I feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

Not only am I going to two museums today, but I'm marching back to that pizza store and hopefully getting a delicious pepperoni pizza. It's made with rice dough and I swear I've ever had a better pizza for under 6$.

• Like 2

Oh right you guys in the US get a little cash reward for your trophies. I wish or hope Sony will do this for the EU sooner then later. I don't even know why they haven't already, probably some legal issue.

I actually pre-ordered the TWD Season, mostly because I wanted to play the 1st one again. And with the renewed visuals it looks really nice too. Not to mention the great story and who knows maybe I enjoy season two more then last time. So after it really is a damn sweet deal. And as it happens I am watching all the episodes of the TV Show right, so it feels a bit more complete now. I could also turn this into a theme for the next month, you know playing zombie apocalypse games like the Walking Dead and the Last of us, or even try and get the platinum for deadlight. :)

• Like 1

Retrospective

1S0638e2.png

Blasting Agent: Ultimate Edition

Top 5 thought while playing this game:

1. This is going so well, wait, why am I randomly sliding across the screen. 

2. Boss almost dead, I got this, just one jump to get a better angle. Wait, no, stop bouncing on all the enemies. You're taking damage, now I'm dead.

3. Is this door to another area or is it the door to the boss?

4. Killed an enemy, better go in and out of this door to save.

5. Swimming peaceful, delicately touch a spike, bounce up and down uncontrollably until dead.

I actually really liked this game, although I do have major complaints. The game itself is a 2D shooter with 6 relatively short levels with a boss at the end of each one. You save by going through doors and, yes, that was highly abused by me. You also have a counter that gives you the percentage of enemies and loot you got in the level- you get upgrades for getting 90% of the loot on normal and 100% of the loot on hard, which unlocks after normal.

My biggest complaint about this game is the bouncing. If you jump on an enemy, you take damage AND bounce straight up and down, taking more damage each hit. You basically get stuck in pinball within one badly timed jump until you die. Which would be okay if the bosses weren't accompanied by hoards of potential pinball targets. The same issue is with the underwater spikes and lava in the game. This could have easily been fixed with a one bounce rule or a short invisible period after taking damage, but it wasn't. I also had minor gripes with the boss door not being easily identifiable, despite there be no turning back once you go through it. There is also some secret controls which causes ninja-flying slides but the game never tells you what they are, so I constantly slide off a rocket into outer space. 

However, the game is highly addicting. The stages are simple enough and fun to clear and watch the percentage go up. The bosses are actually really challenging on normal and a bit on the too-long side, but still doable. I think I did each of the middle level bosses about a dozen times in succession until I beat them. Happily, hard mode gives you a new character which is basically invincible, so you only have to do the hard boss fights on normal. 

Enjoyment: 6/10

Difficulty: 4/10

Other updates:

Milestone: PSN Level 33!

Main post updated and I completely added the new Fallout game to the backlog, so net zero in backlog reduction. 

As for a life update, there's a cat that lives outside my building and it keeps screeching every night. Now, I wouldn't have issues with this if it was actually in danger. But it's not- it does this every night very loudly and I then see it strolling down the street in the mornings as happy as a slightly chubby cat could be. I'm actually really confused because the cat is clearly not injured or even spooked by people, yet it does this really consistency. Maybe it's scaring away other cats? If it was actually in danger, why would it come to the same spot every night? Maybe it's fighting over food it finds in the trash bags outside?

Edited by Kittet3
  • Like 1

I enjoy reading your thoughts on the game. Especially when you are this creative xD I hate it too, when a cool game has an annoying mechanic that just drags the whole experience down. Not sure if this was your case? Sounds like you had some degree of fun at least.

Congrats on reaching Level 33!

source.gif

5 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

As for a life update, there's a cat that lives outside my building and it keeps screeching every night. Now, I wouldn't have issues with this if it was actually in danger. But it's not- it does this every night very loudly and I then see it strolling down the street in the mornings as happy as a slightly chubby cat could be. I'm actually really confused because the cat is clearly not injured or even spooked by people, yet it does this really consistency. Maybe it's scaring away other cats? If it was actually in danger, why would it come to the same spot every night? Maybe it's fighting over food it finds in the trash bags outside?

Oh, I know how that is. I think cats only do that for 2 reasons, reason number 1: it's trying to scare away other cats from his/her territory or, reason number 2: if it is male and there are any females in season nearby, well, they sometimes do that when they are looking to mate. I think female cats do this as well now that I think about it but I can't remember a 100% :hmm: He/she may be calling out for a partner. ?

• Like 1

Stand Up Update:

I decided that Shake Spears! would be as good as game as any to follow-up Blasting Agent, although I decided if I didn't like the game very much, I'll switch over to LEGO. I previously started Shakes Spears! on the PS3 in 2014, so a long long time ago. I remember liking it as a mobile-y game that was a fun challenging, but I didn't love it or really kept playing it after the first boot up since it was basically the same mechanic over and over. Now, four years later, I started it up again and, even with the multitude of exploits and the fact I have to play offline since the servers are gone, I'm really falling in love with the game. There's something so satisfying about hitting someone with a pointy stick and watching them gracefully slide off their horse as you trample over them. And to do this over and over again- it just doesn't get old. I added Shake Spears! as my wild card game  because that that was the category closes to the top of the list and I didn't want to reorder it again. I might change it to the 6+ months on profile, but we'll have to see if I get to exploding zoo.

In other trophy related news, I'm now the proud owner of a leased Call of Duty Black Ops III thanks to PS plus. I know there are other COD games on my profile (and not on my backlog) because those are my younger brothers who claimed ownership of the discs when I left for college. (I got Iron Man 2, UFC, HAWX, and Cabela's out of the deal, so I think we all lost) I did play a little bit of modern warfare on the PS3, enough to know how awful I am at it. At least the PS3 black ops isn't my rarest trophy anymore (it was embarrassing to have my rarest trophy be earned by my 8 year old brother). I might play this game with my partner if they are interested in it - I know I previously played the demo with them. Otherwise it's probably going to the far far far far far back of my backlog considering it's 100+ hours of me being awful at shooting things. 

In non-trophy related news, tomorrow is election day in South Korea, which  means no work for me :D I also can't vote on the account of being an America, so I get to spend the day sleeping in and trying to decide if it's worth the gamble to travel an hour and a half to a museum which might or might not be open on account of the elections (I mean, the website doesn't say it WON'T be). I have a bunch of places I want to go during the weekday when it's not as busy, but lots of things are closed on holidays, so I might start doing some adventures after work the rest of this week. 

So @Honor_Hand, what you're saying is that I have to play matchmaker with this cat and it'll stop screeching? If you know any cat interested in a slightly overweight grey tabby, send them my way please.

• Like 1

Stand-Up Update:

Lots of exciting changes today!

To start, I finished all but the last trophy in Shake Spears!, with is exciting in itself because this game has been sitting incomplete on my profile for four years. I'm at a bit of the grindy point having to level up to 40 from my current level of 26, so I'm deciding to break it up between a few days (and to keep myself accountable, I'm committing to this schedule and I'll edit this post as I go):

☑️Thursday: Level 30

☑️Friday: Level 33

?Saturday: Level 36

?Sunday: Level 40

I also completely filled my scrum board, deciding that LEGO Laval's Journey will be my PSVita game for the month. I never actually finished a LEGO game before, so that's also a new and exciting thing.

I also took a look at my scrum board and wasn't really satisfied with the stats, so I removed that section and put progression stats next to each one of my goals.I also started thinking about how I consume games- I only consider buying games during sales and I also first look at the prices to see if I'm interested in something. As I want to get my backlog down to a more manageable level, I don't want to miss out on games I'll really enjoy. I also want to buy those games I'm highly interested in, but that costs more then the $8 or under I look for in sales.

So, I'm introducing game tokens! (Yes, I know they are actually moons. There's no token emoji) How it works is that I earn tokens by completing games and I spent tokens by buying games (pretty simple). I have the exact key in the main posts. One of the more helpful mechanics I'm adding to the tokens is that I spend only 1 token if I buy a game that's on my wishlist and I spend 2 if I buy a game not on my wishlist. This will help me focus on getting more of those games I'm interested in and buy less games just because they are only $2. 

Attached to the game tokens is my wishlist. I actually had a lot of fun identifying games I were interested in. Attached to each game I put an optional challenge I had to complete before I bought it (like to finish a similar game or the game before it in the series) I also put the price point I would buy it at. I did this because then I'm stating how much a game is worth to me without having to worry if I'm convincing myself to buy a game because it's at a certain price. I picked the prices based off of PSPrices data- games I really wanted I just went with the lowest price it's been and games I'm less sure of I put at a lower price. Although some of the prices are a bit unrealistic, I will up them if I get more interested in playng that specific game. I found it super beneficial to get comfortable with buying a game at a certain price before I would actually have to buy it.

And that's my update for today! I stayed home today because I'm super tired and just wanted some time to rest.

Edited by Kittet3
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 8:21 AM, Kittet3 said:

So @Honor_Hand, what you're saying is that I have to play matchmaker with this cat and it'll stop screeching? If you know any cat interested in a slightly overweight grey tabby, send them my way please.

Probably, yeah. No idea what kind of kitty cats that overweight tabby might be looking for though xD If I find anything, I'll send them your way. ;)

Oh, those LEGO games are fun. I mean, I haven't played any of the most recent ones but I remember the first couple of Star Wars based LEGO games being pretty funny when I played them on my PC years ago. They weren't deep or anything like that but they were fun to play for short bursts or just to watch a funny retake of some of most memorable scenes from the movies. The Co-Op was entertaining as well. I also got 2 LEGO games on my Vita that I haven't tried yet. Hopefully, they are still as fun as they were back then.

Good idea on limiting yourself on your purchases with those moon tokens. Especially, since you set out a rule for yourself of needing 2 tokens to add a new game that is not on your wishlist. Just checked the first topic and noticed you did peretty much a complete overhaul of it. Good luck with all those goals you have set out. :)

Makes me wish I'd that same planning capacity you have. Been totally distracted with the news of this E3 and I haven't really played too much for the last couple of days. The updates on my journal also come at such a slow pace *sigh*. ? :( 

• Like 1

Stand Up Update:

Happy Saturday! It's been a while, so I thought I'd do a quick update (I also have another funny travel story to share, so stay tuned).

For Shakes Spear, I decided to put it on pause during the weekend because goodness gracious is it being a grind. I have to do a full tournament 5-6 times in order to level up enough to move on. I'm level 34-ish now and I'm on the second to last castle, with four more levels and the last castle to go. The fact that I'm going have to level up at least 6 times in those six levels is enough to make me feel exhausted just thinking about it.I also found a strange glitch where the last battle reward of a level is missing a zero (so it says 31000 coins and gives me 310000 coins). I'm not complaining to much about that, though :P I might cut down to a level per day? O maybe I'll get a sudden burst of motivation and do it all in one day? We'll see!

My other game I've been playing is Lego Chima. It would have cost maybe $1 for them to add an arrow into the game hub. Maybe, possibly not even that. I would have paid for an arrow DLC even. That dollar could also have saved me hours of having to figure out where the next level is. I'm on the last story level and I had to Youtube a game play video to find where the level start was, it's that ridiculous. And they also have 'side' hubs in each of the main world hubs which is way too easy to go to and do alot of work just to unlock another character token. I must be an awful Lego navigator because I've seen only one other complaint online about the awful hub design. 

After I get over the frustration of getting lost most the time, the game is pretty mediocre for a LEGO title. I've never played a VITA title, so maybe all VITA Lego games are like this and my expectations were too high? The levels themselves are pretty confusing at times and seem to be alot of simple mechanics based puzzles, which is fine but it lacks creativity. The enemies are overpowered which is irritating and makes the fights go long. The levels also quickly fell into a pattern of level 1: find a new character with new ability, level 2: use new character's ability in-level and have a boss fight. Which, there's only 8-ish levels, so there's no reason to have such a generic story pattern. I don't know what Lego Chima is, so maybe there wasn't a good story for the game to follow like in Harry Potter, but at least change it up a little bit.

My fun Korean experience is that I sat down at the market and a gentlemen asked me where I'm from. "Minnesota" I say. "Which country" he asks. "America" I inform him. "Which country?" he inquires. I look confused. "Which America?" I look more confused. "I can't understand what you're saying." I say politely. He keeps repeating "Which country? Which America? Which one?" more and more aggressively as I try to ignore him to look at my phone. Finally, I told him I didn't understand and I walked away. Four hours later, I'm about to ask my friends about the experience when it dawns on me. There's more then one America in the world, he wanted to know if I meant North or South :facepalm: In my defense, I'm pretty sure America and American usually = United States. Maybe? I'm going through a mini-existence crisis at the moment. Where am I from if not America? Am I actually a United Statesman? 

Also, I officially declared my minor in Business Law! It's a minor announcement (for a minor, get it :P) but feels big for me because I've felt unsatisfied with leaving college with just my major. I know none of that really matters, but I really wanted to leave college with a formal education that aligns with my professional goals. This also leaves me lots of extra room in my schedule as I only have class two days a week next semester :o (Besides a three hour class on Wednesday, but I'm staying positive) (In other negative news, someone rearranged all my bath stuff in the communal showers and nabbed my hair tie and drawstring mini bag with a razor in it? I've never been so confused and petty annoyed, razors are expensive and useless to steal. I moved my bath stuff to my room.)

On 6/13/2018 at 10:34 PM, Honor_Hand said:

Probably, yeah. No idea what kind of kitty cats that overweight tabby might be looking for though xD If I find anything, I'll send them your way. ;)

Oh, those LEGO games are fun. I mean, I haven't played any of the most recent ones but I remember the first couple of Star Wars based LEGO games being pretty funny when I played them on my PC years ago. They weren't deep or anything like that but they were fun to play for short bursts or just to watch a funny retake of some of most memorable scenes from the movies. The Co-Op was entertaining as well. I also got 2 LEGO games on my Vita that I haven't tried yet. Hopefully, they are still as fun as they were back then.

Good idea on limiting yourself on your purchases with those moon tokens. Especially, since you set out a rule for yourself of needing 2 tokens to add a new game that is not on your wishlist. Just checked the first topic and noticed you did peretty much a complete overhaul of it. Good luck with all those goals you have set out. :)

Makes me wish I'd that same planning capacity you have. Been totally distracted with the news of this E3 and I haven't really played too much for the last couple of days. The updates on my journal also come at such a slow pace *sigh*. ? :( 

In the downpour of rain last week, I say a white and grey cat run towards my apartment and it's been a bit quieter lately, so I think my work here is done :P  Honestly, I think our tabby friend is a bit out of his league with this new cat, but he must have a wonderful personality to wheel her in.

I played the Star Wars ones! Not as much as the Batman ones, which Lego Batman 1 will also have a special place in my heart, even if it never got trophies. I also really liked Lord of the Rings, even though I've never seen the movie and only read the hobbit. Sam was my favorite character. Harry Potter was also okay. I don't like movies, so I felt like I was gaining alot of important movie knowledge through these games :D 

Now if only I spent as much time doing tasks as I did planning them :P I love planning things so much which is why I got into my major. Execution, however, gets a bit dull, which is why I'm always planning on new ways to change my plan.

• Like 1

Lol'ed at the Arrow DLC part. xD There is always one game out there that just challenges you navigational skills. It could be a good game or a bad game, but there is always one where you can help but feel lost as to where to go next. I know it has happened to me more than once. ;)

Not sure what to tell you about the LEGO game on the Vita. After those Star Wars games, I havent' played any other one yet. I do have LEGO Marvel Super Heroes and Lego Batman 2 on my Vita. Here is hoping those are at least fun to play.

Congratulations for your minor in Business Law. Don't talk like that, even if it is a minor is still something important for you. Glad you're able to find ways to continue boosting your education. That's always important in my opinion. My fathers always told me that education is one of the fundamental pillars on the way to sucess. So, yeah, keep on strengthening that pillar. :D

10 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

My fun Korean experience is that I sat down at the market and a gentlemen asked me where I'm from. "Minnesota" I say. "Which country" he asks. "America" I inform him. "Which country?" he inquires. I look confused. "Which America?" I look more confused. "I can't understand what you're saying." I say politely. He keeps repeating "Which country? Which America? Which one?" more and more aggressively as I try to ignore him to look at my phone. Finally, I told him I didn't understand and I walked away. Four hours later, I'm about to ask my friends about the experience when it dawns on me. There's more then one America in the world, he wanted to know if I meant North or South :facepalm: In my defense, I'm pretty sure America and American usually = United States. Maybe? I'm going through a mini-existence crisis at the moment. Where am I from if not America? Am I actually a United Statesman?

I think I can understand the gentleman's confusion. You're right, he was probably asking if you were from North America or South America. Actually, we could also add Central America to that equation or the term Ibero-America as well xD When I think of America, I think first of the continent as a whole, but I also think on the USA as a country. I guess that if you were born and raised there, it is easy to think of America as a country. It's kind of a funny confusion actually. Speaking of demonyms, "American" is the right term for someone that is native to the USA... United Statesman just sounds plain bad lmao xD Maybe it was all a confusing choice of words for the both of you?

• Like 1

Retrospective

I didn't think I'd ever get to do a three-part retrospective again, but here we are :) I also have a nice 1.5 game tokens saved up. I'm planning on using 1 token on Licky the Lizard something something Again when it becomes free in my region, but it's also nice to be have some wiggle room if a game on my wishlist comes on sale this Tuesday.

Milestones:

Broke into the top 3,000 for USA on the leaderboards!

90 Platinum trophies earned to date!

My earned trophies is higher then my unearned trophies!

1S5645cc.png

LEGO Chima: Laval's Journey

I don't have much more to add on to this game besides the guide that's out there for the game could have been written in a much more streamlined way (AKA why do I have to have three windows open to try and figure out what I'm supposed to all collect in this level?) The clean-up for this game was pretty easy compared to other LEGO games because I just needed to collect the red bricks. Somehow I missed a critical plot detail of the story between the last two episodes, so the ending was very confusing. I also reflected a bit more and realized this game was missing alot of the fun humor the other LEGO games usually bring. 

Difficulty: 3/10 solely because I got lost after every level

Enjoyment (What was I calling this section again?): 3/10 again because I got lost

1S5a61ed.png

Super Exploding Zoo

Goodness gracious, three years later and this is finally done. This was a PSPlus game and it's a timed puzzle game where you have to destroy the monsters before they get to your eggs. You do this by blowing up your hoard of zoo animals, but you have to be careful to always have one left and to not overkill things and waste hits. This type of game gives me anxiety which I attribute to playing a handheld Pacman game as a child with too loud music (the Pacman theme song still makes my heart go a little bit faster then normal). Needless to say, it was never my favorite game, although it has penguins in it. (I love penguins. I never mentioned this? That's probably for the best)

The levels are fairly easy and it's not too awful since the levels are also fairly short. I stopped playing it years ago because I got to the point where I had to use the VITA trigger buttons to map my moves and I always felt those controls were too awkward. I tried picking it up last summer and I had this awesome glitch where it let me go to the next section without completing all the levels and that spoiled me as I expected the rest of the game to be a breeze. Luckily, I didn't have too much to clean up and it was super satisfying to get that game off my VITA.

Difficulty: 2/10

Enjoyment: 5/10 (For the penguins)

1S61e03c.png

36 Fragments of Midnight

I have this issue where I expect when a game takes 1-2 hours, that I will be done with it in 20 minutes. When it takes longer then that, I get annoyed and stop playing. 36 Fragments of Midnight fits that perfectly. I was awful at this game until I actually practiced it a few times on the PS4 and got that plat a month ago, but the VITA controls had a bit more lag to them. Finally, I got to the point I only needed the last speedrun trophy and one death trophy, so I decided to set my timer and try this out tonight. Somehow, I got lucky and got a glitch where they both popped at the end of my run, and that clears this game from my backlog for good.

Difficulty: 2/10 (Lag)

Enjoyment: 4/10

Life Update:

Okay, actually, cat update: The cat was silent until early this morning I heard the loudest cat yell, and now it's back to it's old meowing tricks again. I guess him and white-and-grey cat have hit a rocky patch.

• Like 1

Stand-Up Update:

So my last game is Wake-Up Club and I was zooming- got through 200 alarms (started at 120) and plan to hit the 365 in the upcoming week. Then, I actually read the trophy guide and there's a little part about how you need everyone to wake up 365 times. Meaning I was supposed to be double clicking the offline bots in the club and hitting a congratulations screen that I didn't know existed...

Because I only got to that screen 20 times :facepalm:

I'm up to 57 times now. so I need another 308 minutes of boosting, which my calculator says is a little over 5 hours. If I do a half hour a day I could get that trophy this month (do-able), but I also need to take first place 24 more times which may be a challenge since I can only get a group of 12 people on the :00 or :30 of the clock. (Not to mention have everyone wake up at the same time) I'm leaving the game on the list for now, but I'm also exploring other games to get the online trophies done with (For online, I decided I don't need to finish the game, I just need to get all the online trophies in the game). If I could get the community levels to work in Stealth Clones in the Dark 2, then I would already be done, but it seems like the server is a buggy mess.

Board Updates: I decided to do a rotating theme board where 5 of my trophies will have to relate to a "theme" of the month and the other five will have fixed categories. This way I still get my online and grindy categories done, but I also have flexibility have fun with my game choices.

Finally, I decided to add a key to my backlog. I thought about color codes, but didn't want to lower accessibility, so I went with an icon-based code. I wasn't in love with it at first because it looks VERY busy and overwhelming at first, but it has now grown on me as it tells alot of important information including difficulty, time, online trophies, platinum, whether I started the game or if I'm in post-game content, and if there are unobtainable trophies in that game. I also am trying to clean up the platforms so anything other then PS4 will be tagged appropriately. It may take a bit for the list to be fully updated and there are probably alot of mistakes, but I already see a handful of games that I'm interested in playing when I get home based off their difficulty and time to finish. I also want to try and get easy online trophies out of the way so this way I can easily visualize games with them that I might not otherwise have checked. I'm also iconing DLC packs I own so I can target those as well.

Life update: I went on what was supposed to be a four day business trip yesterday to end my internship. No one there spoke English. No one translated. Their game plan was apparently to ignore the fact I could not speak Korean and do their regularly scheduled programming. This ended very poorly and I became very distressed. (to put it lightly) Then, they wouldn't give me internet access to contact my family back home, despite guaranteeing I would have access before I left. I do not have a SIM card in my phone. I don't know what comes after distressed, but I was there at that point. The program ended up sending someone to come and get me as it became obvious I was not able to stay there. It was not a graceful departure. I was told today I could finish my internship at the normal office, so at least I still have my never-got-fired streak going for me. :dunno: 

• Like 1

Stand Up Update:

Okay, the good news is I found out that I can grind wake-up club alarms offline (I swore it use to not let me do this). It's not the funniest bus activity, but I already seen all the good commercials they show on the little bus TV. (My personal favorite being the drama commercial featuring a girl who has a crush on a boy. She got mascara on his shirt and was so embarrassed she jumped on a very slow moving library book cart and was slowly and undramatically whisked away. In the newest segment, they are studying together and he falls asleep and, after much thought, she thought scolding him for sleeping and hitting him with her book was the romantic way to go about things. I really wish I actually knew what the actual plot was supposed to be :P ) I'm up to 91 out of 365, so baby steps but that's actually pretty good progress.

I've also been very lazy in my gaming as I can't decide what to play next. My head says 'Claire' or 'Adventure Time' are the smart choices, but my heart says 'Let's play five minutes of everything and then switch games'. And how can you argue against my heart's flawless logic? Obviously that's the most efficient way to decide. (I'm totally not waiting for a new game to download as I write this) I need around 100 more trophies to make my goals this month, so I'm going have to make some gaming decisions soon. Maybe tomorrow. I have time.

Fun fact, PSNP posts have a 75 emoji limit. That just ruined all my fun icon-ing of my backlog. Happily, it wasn't too hard to switch the icons out (and it might actually look better this way). I have only about 100 games to go, but I'm going to wait until I'm bored somewhere instead of do them at home because my little laptop is super slow in editing that post at this point.

More gaming news- yesterday I had a nice conversation with my partner because I like validations when I make insignificant decisions, such as how should I purchase the Kingdom Hearts games- separately or with the all-in-one-bundle. Pros and cons were thoroughly discussed and I finally decided to buy each game separately as it will take me forever to finish one and then I can probably get a better deal on the rest. Fast forward to today I checked the PS4 deals on Reddit and both the Kingdom Hearts games were on sale for $25 each at GameStop, which PSPrices says matches the lowest digital price they've been. So I am now the proud owner of Kingdom Hearts 1.5-2.5 Remix :) Well, almost. They have to ship it to me first, which is going to be annoying because my apartment is going to email me every third day telling me to pick up my package until I get there in August :/ Since I'm not getting it until then, I still have time to earn those points so I don't go into point debt.

Also, Licky the Lucky Lizard something Again isn't free yet in NA, which is a huge disappointment and is giving me flashbacks of eagerly waiting for Slyder to be ported over. 

In life news, the company literally asked me to come in to sit there for 9 hours doing nothing (as usual since that's all I've done at this UNPAID internship). I spent 5 hours having this conversation on loop:

"I want to talk to HR"

"Okay, I'll get them for you."

For 5 hours I demanded HR and for 5 hours I was told okay and then ignored. (This has to be some kind of labor law violation) Finally, I packed up my stuff and requested HR one last time and the employee got his manager to okay me leaving an hour early. I messaged my program and they apologized for how horrible this is turning out and they are talking to HR about possibly giving me the day off tomorrow (the internship ends Friday) since it will probably be a repeat of today. They said it was obvious this company can not handle international interns and that they possibly overstated their ability to handle any interns. This whole ordeal has been quite distressing and I'm trying to stay positive about the experience, but apart of me just wants to go home to America and forget how much money this trip costed me.

EDIT: Got the one online trophy in Super Monkey Ball. I swear that counts as finishing the online category :P 

Edited by Kittet3
  • Like 1

Oh, I saw yesterday that you were working hard on getting the main thread full of those icons everywhere and thought you were on your way of making the most colorful, organized and interesting checklist to read on this site. Never would have thought that there is a 75 emoji limit per post. ? Something else you could try is maybe making your list on Excel, Word or any other program, fill it with images to your heart's content, upload to Imgur or any other image hosting site and then link it here. It'd be a lot of work but it could help you on bypassing the 75 emoji limit. Just an idea though.

That logic of playing 5 minutes of everything and switching games back and forth surely doesn't sound too nice to me xD  I'm sure you are going to pick one of those titles and stick with it. You should then proceed to the other ones after you finish that one, otherwise, you're going to end up adding a lot more of games to that backlog of yours. But, well, if that I what your heart is telling you to do, follow it to see where it all ends. xD

Congrats on getting the full remix of those classic Kingdom Hearts games. I have been wanting to get them as well for a while in order to know why people praise them so much. They sure seem they would be right up my alley as far as JRPGs go. 

I'm sorry to hear that your internship hasn't gone too well. Sounds to me like the company can't handle interns at all if that's the kind of treatment you have been receiving. Whether if you are an intern or not there should be irrelevant, they should at least treat you with some respect and try to be more involved with the fact that they are having someone from abroad helping them with their labors. What kind of business was that that didn't have a single person that could understand English? (the one from your previous post). That sounds kind of fishy to me... Did the people handling your program notify you about it beforehand? It's kind of weird for me to hear that a business in South Korea doesn't have at least a single employee that speaks English. Unless it was a very small business but still...

Either way, stay positive. I know I'd be pissed as well is something like that happened to me. ^_^ Cheer up and be strong. You will be back home in no time after you finish your program there. ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Oh, I saw yesterday that you were working hard on getting the main thread full of those icons everywhere and thought you were on your way of making the most colorful, organized and interesting checklist to read on this site. Never would have thought that there is a 75 emoji limit per post. ? Something else you could try is maybe making your list on Excel, Word or any other program, fill it with images to your heart's content, upload to Imgur or any other image hosting site and then link it here. It'd be a lot of work but it could help you on bypassing the 75 emoji limit. Just an idea though.

That logic of playing 5 minutes of everything and switching games back and forth surely doesn't sound too nice to me xD  I'm sure you are going to pick one of those titles and stick with it. You should then proceed to the other ones after you finish that one, otherwise, you're going to end up adding a lot more of games to that backlog of yours. But, well, if that I what your heart is telling you to do, follow it to see where it all ends. xD

Congrats on getting the full remix of those classic Kingdom Hearts games. I have been wanting to get them as well for a while in order to know why people praise them so much. They sure seem they would be right up my alley as far as JRPGs go. 

I'm sorry to hear that your internship hasn't gone too well. Sounds to me like the company can't handle interns at all if that's the kind of treatment you have been receiving. Whether if you are an intern or not there should be irrelevant, they should at least treat you with some respect and try to be more involved with the fact that they are having someone from abroad helping them with their labors. What kind of business was that that didn't have a single person that could understand English? (the one from your previous post). That sounds kind of fishy to me... Did the people handling your program notify you about it beforehand? It's kind of weird for me to hear that a business in South Korea doesn't have at least a single employee that speaks English. Unless it was a very small business but still...

Either way, stay positive. I know I'd be pissed as well is something like that happened to me. ^_^ Cheer up and be strong. You will be back home in no time after you finish your program there. ?

I thought about adding actual images instead of emoji's, but my computer can barely load the main post how it is so I nixed that idea. This is probably for the better because I was getting WAY to emoji happy :P (<-- see)

Lol, I finally did settle to on some of my tower defense games, which is silly because they've been downloaded all this time. Super Monkey Ball was also alot of fun, but not something I felt like getting too into.

Thanks! I'm super excited because all I know about Kingdom Hearts is that Micky Mouse is somewhere in there and they are a bit long. I never really got into JRPGS, besides obviously Xillia based on my profile picture (embarrassingly enough I never did finish it, but I still loved Else's story in it) so this should be interesting.

They have people in the main office that speak English, although they struggled with face-to-face conversations (they were more fluent when I heard them talking on the phone), and that's where I spent the first three weeks. Where they brought me, however, was a factory in the country to learn about their operations for the last week and no one apparently spoke English. The schedule was also to do 5 hours of classroom style lectures a day. In Korean. The other two interns are Korean nationals, so I guess they decided to ignore the American?

The program trusted the company to treat us properly as they are grateful to get companies to agree to do these internships, although I was notifying them of my difficulties when we were there for 9 hours a day and only given work for 2 of them (at most), but we weren't allowed to leave after we completed all the tasks. The program talked to HR on my behalf, but nothing changed. The program director was really apologetic when he had to fetch me from the countryside Monday evening, but I don't think either of us realized just how awful I was being treated until they invited me back the next day and told me they were too busy to supervise me so I was suppose to entertain myself. Denying my requests for HR when I was visibly distressed is not a cultural misunderstanding, that is a fundamental company culture issue. I'm going back tomorrow to get my certificate of completion and I start the summer school next week, so it's going to feel good to put this all behind me.

I'm already planning on how many pizza rolls I'm going to eat when I get home and how I'm not leaving my own bed for at least three days. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Thanks! I'm super excited because all I know about Kingdom Hearts is that Micky Mouse is somewhere in there and they are a bit long. I never really got into JRPGS, besides obviously Xillia based on my profile picture (embarrassingly enough I never did finish it, but I still loved Else's story in it) so this should be interesting.

You should definitely get to play and finish Tales of Xillia when you get back home. You need to honor your profile lol xD Both Elize and Alvin were my favorite characters for that game. Really, really recommended for you to finish it whenever you have the chance. ;)

14 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Denying my requests for HR when I was visibly distressed is not a cultural misunderstanding, that is a fundamental company culture issue. I'm going back tomorrow to get my certificate of completion and I start the summer school next week, so it's going to feel good to put this all behind me.

Totally agreed, it is definitely a company culture issue. I'd also say that it shows a severe lack of proper management. Best thing to do is to put all that behind and just focus on all the good things moving forward. Hope to keep hearing from you in future posts. :) 

• Like 1