Kittet's Trophy To-Dos

Kittet3

Retrospective

5Sd32e7c.png

Fort Defense

I got a bundle of these fort defense games a while ago. I don't know why because they aren't my cup of tea, but my partner loves them so much I re-bought one on sale on the PS4 just so he could shareplay it (and I could nap so win-win :P ) so I know if I don't get around to the half of dozen I have left that he will. There wasn't much to this one as it was one of the easier ones out of the group, the only annoying thing is that I had to basically use all my gems to get the two upgrades trophies (and it's a good thing I noticed them when I did because I just had enough to get my magic upgraded). The last level also lagged super bad the first time I went through it so I had to be wary of putting too many quick shot towers on it. I did find myself being a bit more strategic then usually actually using a mine once in a while and trying different patterns and locations for the towers. Maybe one day I'll be ready to tackle Xcom, but I think I'll stick the these for a bit longer. 

On 6/21/2018 at 1:40 PM, Edunstar84 said:

@Kittet3 - I'm sorry you had such a poor experience. You're right. That was just poor company culture. Unfortunately, Asian businesses get a bad rep for doing those type of things to their workers. There's nothing like sleeping in your own bed.

Thank you.

The thing that bothered me most is how I was ignored for weeks when I repeatedly said I was unsatisfied and even frustrated. When I was ignored while being visibly distressed, however, and I realize that the employees were really not prepared for interns and had no idea how to navigate us within their very hierarchy system. I found out today that the employee I was talking to was the lowest rank employee. He probably had no idea how to approach HR on my behalf and his manager didn't respond to his email requesting permission for me to leave for an hour. As a very direct American (Or, so I've been told, "We don't know what is going to come out of your mouth next" :P ), I struggle with understanding high context cultures fully and he probably didn't realize that I didn't understand his difficulties. :dunno:At the end of the day, I did get my chance to talk to HR since it was my last day and I know my program will be having many more conversations after I leave with them about whether or not they can handle interns, international or domestic. They also finally fed me pizza today, after a month of eating plain steamed rice (to all my co-worker's horrors :P) 

Also, welcome to my scrum board, please take a complimentary penguin: ?

18 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

You should definitely get to play and finish Tales of Xillia when you get back home. You need to honor your profile lol xD Both Elize and Alvin were my favorite characters for that game. Really, really recommended for you to finish it whenever you have the chance. ;)

Totally agreed, it is definitely a company culture issue. I'd also say that it shows a severe lack of proper management. Best thing to do is to put all that behind and just focus on all the good things moving forward. Hope to keep hearing from you in future posts. :) 

Oh I know I have to get back to it, it's been an embarrassingly long time since I played it and it's super embarrassing since Elize has been my profile picture for three years now? (off and on) I even got the second one as well that I haven't touched. I'll probably have to just restart the game and play straight through it since I have no idea where I was in the story (or maybe I can make a new save and play as the other character? Is that possible? I know I have to do two playthroughs and that they are basically identical. If I could, then I could return to my partial playthrough afterwards and finish it up without having to do two complete playthroughs) But once I get home I have a Kingdom Hearts marathon calling me and I was interested in joining the Mugen Souls Z let's play... Too many long games, too little time :P 

Good things: I no longer have to wake up at 6AM and take a 90 minute bus ride (which they don't turn on the AC in the mornings because apparently I'm the only one who feels the heat) and I can wear jeans any day I want. (Okay, I did wear leggings to work everyday and I'll probably continue, but now I have a choice to wear jeans any day I want instead of just the weekends) Hey, that did make me feel better :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kittet3 said:

Oh I know I have to get back to it, it's been an embarrassingly long time since I played it and it's super embarrassing since Elize has been my profile picture for three years now? (off and on) I even got the second one as well that I haven't touched. I'll probably have to just restart the game and play straight through it since I have no idea where I was in the story (or maybe I can make a new save and play as the other character? Is that possible? I know I have to do two playthroughs and that they are basically identical. If I could, then I could return to my partial playthrough afterwards and finish it up without having to do two complete playthroughs) But once I get home I have a Kingdom Hearts marathon calling me and I was interested in joining the Mugen Souls Z let's play... Too many long games, too little time :P

You can start a new save with the other character if you want to get in line with the story again. For the second playthrough, however, it is recommendable that you carry the grade you got on your previous playthrough for New Game+ in order to speed things up. So, you can either start all over again and do the 2 playthroughs or continue with the progress on the one you have now and then brush up on the story when you select the other character to the 2nd lap. :P Both stories are nearly identical, the only thing that changes is that you will have a different perspective in some scenarios. Which helps in clearing some small loose ends at some points during the story.

Oh my, better stick with one long JRPG at a time then. I'm trying to juggle 2 of those at the same time right now and my progress is kinda slow as far as trophy popping goes. ?

• Like 1

Stand Up Update:

Not much has been going on on my end, but it's been awhile since I updated.

I've been bouncing around games alot since finishing Fort Defense.

I started up a few and got an intro trophy, but the only game that I really got into is StarDrone Extreme, which is a strangely addicting pinball-y game. You basically have to shoot this ball around the screen and touch magnetic rings to change it's course as you complete the objective. There's also options to change the speed, which makes some levels alot easier and some alot harder. (Okay, my spell check is getting mad at my alots, but my 6th grade teacher said the space was optional and I'm not letting her down now :P) The levels are so short that a bad run doesn't break the fun and I keep wanting to finish "one more level".

I also have been dutifully adventuring with Fin and Jake, but I can't find the second temple to save my life. This is why I never finished Zelda, I always get hopelessly lost and end up making circles around the map. (Seriously, if someone knows where the second temple is, let me know.) I'm too old to have watched Adventure Time, but there's a penguin in the game and that automatically gives it at least 3.5 gold stars in my book. I'm surprised at the quality of games that the series got (I finished investigations last summer). Back in my day, licensed games weren't nearly this good. (Besides Toy Story 3, which was my first PS4 game. The pig turned evil and took over the town and you got to ride a fire breathing dragon, you can't get much better then that)

My partner and I have also taken up Helldivers again. I'm planning on it being my 100th platinum (Since my 75th we also got together, so I'm going for a theme of co-op plat milestones. Yes, I'm aware of how badly this will backfire if we ever breakup), so we have lots of time to finish it and are aiming for end of August, but it's the only cross-play PS4/PSVita game we own. I also need around 1,000 samples for the DLC trophy since I apparently have not been collecting them for the first 40 hours I've played this game. The game isn't as awful as I expected on the vita, besides the noticeable lag and the fact I don't understand the run button (Tap the screen? Why is everyone still faster then me? Should I hold it? Tap it twice?), but then again, I have difficulties pushing down the joysticks on the PS4 controller, so I don't run too much to begin with. The smaller screen also cuts off portions of the map, so sometimes my teammates will be shooting stuff I can't see. But, the smaller screen also means I can hold it closer to my face so I can actually aim and shoot stuff, so that's a plus. 

For my goals, I'm over 50 trophies away from my trophy goal of the month, so I think this is the first month I won't reach it :( But, with only being able to play on my Vita, I think I got pretty close and did pretty good. I'm been trying to do 250 trophies a month for a while now (hence why I got it to be a nice round 000/250/500/750 number) and I think I'll keep it up as a goal for next month with the expectation that when I return in August that I'll make the difference of what I didn't get. I got to 5.05 trophies per day and it's been like that for a few days now, so at least I made that goal :) I'm also on my 131 day trophy streak and I'm four trophies away from breaking 1,000 trophies earned this streak, which is almost double my previous best of 74 days/579 trophies. 

Life update: I start classes on Wednesday. Two accounting classes. Yuck :( I love accounting (almost majored in it), but I learned all I wanted of it in high school. Happily, this will fulfill all my accounting credits for the rest of my undergrad career and it's 6 weeks instead of 13, so it's bearable as long as the teacher is decent.

On 6/22/2018 at 11:24 PM, Honor_Hand said:

You can start a new save with the other character if you want to get in line with the story again. For the second playthrough, however, it is recommendable that you carry the grade you got on your previous playthrough for New Game+ in order to speed things up. So, you can either start all over again and do the 2 playthroughs or continue with the progress on the one you have now and then brush up on the story when you select the other character to the 2nd lap. :P Both stories are nearly identical, the only thing that changes is that you will have a different perspective in some scenarios. Which helps in clearing some small loose ends at some points during the story.

Oh my, better stick with one long JRPG at a time then. I'm trying to juggle 2 of those at the same time right now and my progress is kinda slow as far as trophy popping goes. ?

Okay, you seem knowledgeable at this. I think I remember the important points of the story enough I wouldn't mind just continuing where I left off, but I do know I didn't bother to keep track of any missables, including these "sub event" things, which the guide seems to think is important to keep track of. Am I doomed or will I be fine just to keep moving? 

The long chapters are so frustrating for trophies! I don't think I could juggle more then one and that's with lots of breaks for some shorter games.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Okay, you seem knowledgeable at this. I think I remember the important points of the story enough I wouldn't mind just continuing where I left off, but I do know I didn't bother to keep track of any missables, including these "sub event" things, which the guide seems to think is important to keep track of. Am I doomed or will I be fine just to keep moving?

Ah, when I played the first time around with Jude I wasn't using any guide for the game and even though I tried to search every nook and cranny of the map while playing, I ended up not getting the trophy on that playthrough because I missed many of the missable sub-events. You don't need to see them all. There 99 sub-events for Jude's story and 97 sub-events for Milla's story but you only need to complete 90 of those in any given playthrough. There are 30 sub-events that become missable at certain points in the game. Since my Jude playthrough was already messed up, I used a guide for my Milla playthrough and didn't have any problem in doing the required number of sub-events for the trophy.

You can check on a guide right now to see how many of them you have done if you want to clear them on this playthrough but, since you still need to do a 2nd lap of the game with the other character, you could easily pull them off at a later time. The 2nd lap of the game is very quick because you can use the accumulated grade of your previous playthrough to give you some helpful boosts, like extra experience (x10) after each fight as well as inheriting a number of key stuff you will need on your second playthrough. :)

Good luck with those accounting classes. ;)

Edited by Honor_Hand
  • Like 1

Retrospective 

1Sba9b6f.png

Mecho Tales

I haven't decided how I feel about this game. It's basically a 2D platformer/shooter thing. The graphics are super colorful which makes it super fun and the story isn't awful, but it's nothing to write home about. 

For the mechanics, you actually aren't shooting but rather you have a flying shooter thing. This makes for some strange aiming as you are making the main character walk but are shooting from a character a few inches to the side of you and that's floating above your head. There are also many different guns but I don't think the game does a great job of explaining the differences to you and it's easy to make the game a billion times harder then it has to be by picking the wrong gun for the occasion. The enemies are a bit cheap- a majority of the game involves trying to shoot them before you encounter them with trick shots. If you do encounter them, they can reload incredibly quick and they can bounce next to you which messes up your shooting.

My main issue is how awful the save points are. Each level has one mid-level save point, which isn't enough when it is so easy to die and it takes a long time to carefully dispatch enemies. On the PS4 version there is co-op with unlimited lives- as long as someone is alive on the screen then you are basically invincible. There is no coop on the vita version.

I'm not going to say the game is awful, but it also wasn't fantastic. It also wasn't as easy as the rarity would let on. Even cooping it was only so fun and it quickly wears away.

Final Thoughts:

Enjoyment: 4/10

Difficulty: 4/10

Other updates:

50 trophies away from monthly goal. I would say that's pretty close for only having one console.

+0.5 game token for completing this game.

Adding a new way to get tokens- 0.25 tokens for completing the online portion of a game. Hopefully this motivates me to be quicker then the server closures :P 

Removed Telltale Guardian's of the Galaxy. My partner bought it and I'll just "borrow" his in the future. 

Started classes today :P They don't seem too bad, but only time will tell. 

• Like 1

I went through Mecho Tales too 2 days ago and found it not too good to be honest. Just as you said, the graphics are very colorful and the idea of a platformer crossed up with a schumup (due to that flying shooting thing you have xD) is kind of interesting but the game feels kind of so-so. The level design is completely uninspired and simple and the game is super short as well. There wasn't any reason to replay it or anything. It just ends there. That mid-level checkpoint was annoying too. I died quite a number of times due to those damned spikes and it was kind of a chore to be sent all the way back.

However, except for the final boss and the annoying platforming, I found the game to be super easy >.> Did you try to use the robot that shoots bouncing electric bolts? I think is the first one you get to purchase and it helps a lot in dispatching enemies quickly.

Was it me or did the final boss took way too many hits? Most of the other bosses were easy enough but I swear I spent like full 20 minutes shooting that guy <.<

Overall, I'd say the game was just ok... more leaning towards the bad kind of ok though. More like meh! ?

3 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

I went through Mecho Tales too 2 days ago and found it not too good to be honest. Just as you said, the graphics are very colorful and the idea of a platformer crossed up with a schumup (due to that flying shooting thing you have xD) is kind of interesting but the game feels kind of so-so. The level design is completely uninspired and simple and the game is super short as well. There wasn't any reason to replay it or anything. It just ends there. That mid-level checkpoint was annoying too. I died quite a number of times due to those damned spikes and it was kind of a chore to be sent all the way back.

However, except for the final boss and the annoying platforming, I found the game to be super easy >.> Did you try to use the robot that shoots bouncing electric bolts? I think is the first one you get to purchase and it helps a lot in dispatching enemies quickly.

Was it me or did the final boss took way too many hits? Most of the other bosses were easy enough but I swear I spent like full 20 minutes shooting that guy <.<

Overall, I'd say the game was just ok... more leaning towards the bad kind of ok though. More like meh! 1f605.png

I think my problem is that I only used the bouncing lightening bolts :P They are super weak so in instances that I was face-to-face with enemies I often took a lot of damage, so it turned out to be a bad choice. (But I hate aiming, so it was a hard habit to break) I did find it alot easier coming back to it because I switched to those big slow blobs since it only took around 5 hits instead of 12 to kill things and the rockets were super nice too, and I saved the lightening bolts for around platform shots.Since I played it coop before, I also got used to rushing the levels, which was a bad idea all around.

That boss took forever. Memory Thief (the boss before) took a minute of big blobs. This guy took tons and tons. His attacks were easily avoidable, though, so it wasn't too awful. He also wiggled too much so about half my shots missed.

12 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

I think my problem is that I only used the bouncing lightening bolts :P They are super weak so in instances that I was face-to-face with enemies I often took a lot of damage, so it turned out to be a bad choice. (But I hate aiming, so it was a hard habit to break) I did find it alot easier coming back to it because I switched to those big slow blobs since it only took around 5 hits instead of 12 to kill things and the rockets were super nice too, and I saved the lightening bolts for around platform shots.Since I played it coop before, I also got used to rushing the levels, which was a bad idea all around.

That boss took forever. Memory Thief (the boss before) took a minute of big blobs. This guy took tons and tons. His attacks were easily avoidable, though, so it wasn't too awful. He also wiggled too much so about half my shots missed.

I found them very efficient in killing enemies because they bounced all over the place. :P  Oh, those big slow blobs from the fish-looking thing were pretty useful. They killed everything in just a few hits. It was particularly useful for the last boss. Memory Thief was super easy... I think it was less than a minute with the bolts for some reason. ?

I just finished Thomas was Alone and it was exceedingly good compared to Mecho Tales. Like, it is almost right there as one of my favorite indie titles so far. Gonna be playing Gravity Badgers and Race the Sun between today and tomorrow while I wait for my TV to get fixed. Hopefully, those will be good as well. ^_^

28 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

I found them very efficient in killing enemies because they bounced all over the place. :P  Oh, those big slow blobs from the fish-looking thing were pretty useful. They killed everything in just a few hits. It was particularly useful for the last boss. Memory Thief was super easy... I think it was less than a minute with the bolts for some reason. 1f914.png

I just finished Thomas was Alone and it was exceedingly good compared to Mecho Tales. Like, it is almost right there as one of my favorite indie titles so far. Gonna be playing Gravity Badgers and Race the Sun between today and tomorrow while I wait for my TV to get fixed. Hopefully, those will be good as well. ^_^

Shhhh, let me pretend like it was the game making me die alot and not just my awful platforming/shooting skills :P 

Thomas was Alone? I love Thomas was Alone! It's in my top 5 games. The simple mechanics, the story, the characters, the characters interactions... It was all just so good. It was the first game I purchased digitally and I told all my non-gamer friends they had to try it on their phones because I loved it so much.

Race the Sun is hard to complete, but in an addicting "let me do this a million more times why is this so much fun" type of way. Of course, that was on the PS4 so I don't know how it holds up on the vita. Actually, it may be easier on the vita. I'm going have to check this out sometime. 

• Like 1

Retrospective

9Sf2c6aa.png

Maliya

I don't like to say a game is awful and no one should ever buy it. So I'm suggesting that this game not be too high on anyone's to-buy list. The game is a simple card game which, if I had to explain it, is basically the card game War with four people and a slightly different scoring system. It's nothing too complicated (for reference, I think most card games are too complicated), although you'll have to read the trophy guide because the game doesn't explain itself very well.

Now this is why it's awful: 

1. The graphics are awful. Think about playing solitaire on the old windows machine and add about 15% more pixel-ation. 

2. The card game has a story? Yes, yes it does. The story is about some time traveler who has to play cards against a boy, thief, and wizard in order to get the keys to his time traveling ship keys back. Yes, I'm serious.

3. Half the games don't enforce the rules. There's rules about when you can use what cards (Like, you have to use a card of a matching suit if you have it), but for every other match it doesn't enforce the rules and you can "throw" any card down you want. I think it ties into the story or something? But honestly, "Let's make a video game based on a card game but not enforce the card game's rules half the time" sounds like a poor decision no matter how you phase it. This also messes up strategy...

4. If there was any strategy. I could predict every round by looking at my beginning hand. To win the game, you basically have to be lucky to get the right cards. There's no other strategy too it. 

5. The AI all have the same strategy, which doesn't help the above issue. So you're basically playing round after round hoping that the RNG is nice to you as the AI are really predictable. This makes every round super boring and uninspired.

6. This game is long. Each round lasts one handful of cards and you get 'round points'. If you get enough 'round points', you start earning 'game points'. Round points vanish after every round. Most rounds, no one earns enough round points to earn any game points. (35 round points = 1 game point roughly. 35 game points are needed to win) I'm simplifying the scoring system because the game never explains it. I still don't understand it because most rounds I kept winning the hand but not earning any points and other times I got 20 game points in one hand.

7. The game has a secret limit to the number of rounds you can play. If no one hits 35 after x amount of rounds, it says no one wins and you have to try again. Why doesn't it just let the winner be the person with the most points? I wish I knew. It also doesn't tell you how many rounds x is, so you'll be only a handful points away from victory and it says "too bad" and you have to start over. And yes, it does make you sign in with the code every time----

8. The game doesn't save. It gives you codes after every round you can type in the main menu to go to that corresponding level. What kind of words? Lajunta. The word was Lajunta. How is anyone supposed to remember Lajunta? I have no idea. I don't even know what Lajunta means. Honorable mentions to the other rounds bichiporella, plebeuriel, plebleblo, and sierra. Sierra being the only decent code that they used. 

9. To play a card, you have to use the touch screen. Then, to move to the next player, you have to press x. This might not seem like a huge deal, but it actually is a bit annoying as that means you have to constantly move your hand or play with two hands- it's not a game you can idly play with one hand. Did they play test this game? 

For perspective, it took me over three hours to finish the last round. The two rounds before that took me twenty minutes. 

Enjoyment: -1/10

Difficulty: RNG/10 

-Lajunta

15 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Race the Sun is hard to complete, but in an addicting "let me do this a million more times why is this so much fun" type of way. Of course, that was on the PS4 so I don't know how it holds up on the vita. Actually, it may be easier on the vita. I'm going have to check this out sometime. 

I did all the trophies in 5 hours by not downloading the updates. 

You have to progress a bit before you take advantage of a glitch. Makes it so every time you die you keep the points you rake up.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

lmao with the Lajunta at the end xD

* adds Maliya to the games to avoid list *

After reading that impression, I wouldn't certainly get near it. Never been interested in playing any sort of card game on a video game as I think that kind of defeat the purpose of the cards themselves. :P

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

I did all the trophies in 5 hours by not downloading the updates. 

You have to progress a bit before you take advantage of a glitch. Makes it so every time you die you keep the points you rake up.

Wow, I did not know about that, thanks! I might have to return to this game sometime now- I'd just have to not play it on the PS4 :P I got stuck on the mission to "complete world one by only moving left". My best solution for that is probably to take a piece of paper covering half my vita now that I think about it. :hmm:

6 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

lmao with the Lajunta at the end xD

* adds Maliya to the games to avoid list *

After reading that impression, I wouldn't certainly get near it. Never been interested in playing any sort of card game on a video game as I think that kind of defeat the purpose of the cards themselves. :P

I thought you would know what lajunta meant since I assumed it's Spanish. (I also assumed you spoke Spanish since you live in a Spanish speaking country and your checklist has words in Spanish on it) :P Google says it's a city in Colorado, which makes zero sense in the context of the game. Maybe it's actually French? The game may have originated in France. I don't know. Lajunta. 

I actually really like solitaire, free cell, and spider solitaire as a kid. I even remember playing war on the old Disney site with Kim Possible (and I can't forget playing Cheat! on Neopets). Virtual cards are nice because I don't have to trick demand ask someone to play with me and I don't have to shuffle the cards. (I also loved PS2 Monopoly as a child for the same reasons) However, making randomness a big factor in winning and making the AI all play the same ruins the experience. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

I thought you would know what lajunta meant since I assumed it's Spanish. (I also assumed you spoke Spanish since you live in a Spanish speaking country and your checklist has words in Spanish on it) :P Google says it's a city in Colorado, which makes zero sense in the context of the game. Maybe it's actually French? The game may have originated in France. I don't know. Lajunta. 

I actually really like solitaire, free cell, and spider solitaire as a kid. I even remember playing war on the old Disney site with Kim Possible (and I can't forget playing Cheat! on Neopets). Virtual cards are nice because I don't have to trick demand ask someone to play with me and I don't have to shuffle the cards. (I also loved PS2 Monopoly as a child for the same reasons) However, making randomness a big factor in winning and making the AI all play the same ruins the experience. 

Your assumptions about my Spanish are correct :P Lajunta though, sounds like a totally made up word to me. I also thought it was a Spanish word after reading it in your post but couldn't find anything about it after checking on the internet nor on an old-almost-one-thousands-page-dictionary I had lying around (Yes, I actually went there out of curiosity >.>). I guess it could be French... It could also be something on a Spanish from a particular country that isn't mine... lol Lajunta.

Solitaire and Spider Solitaire were my last resorts for when there was absolutely nothing else to do at work ? With real-life cards, I much preferred the much nerdier Magic: The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh! or Pokemon CCG games. I also played a number of games with my friends with the regular set of English or Spanish playing cards. Just as long as the cards exist physically in my hands, I'm fine with them lol xD

• Like 1

Stand Up Update:

I shut my eyes and randomly picked a game on my Camp Wannalottaplats list and that's how I ended up playing Claire. Claire was that game that's always on sale for a few dollars but yet looks so awful that even I kept passing on it. As a PSPlus freebie, I was happy that I didn't have to keep almost buying it and then deciding not too :P 

My original plan was to do half a playthrough today, but I ended up doing a full playthrough. I messed up a few trophies so I might have one more playthrough after my hard run. I'm not sure how I missed two of the trophies, so I'm going to switch guides up and hopefully that will trigger them. I might go for them during my hard run, but depending on how doable that feels I might just speedrun it at the end instead.

The biggest thing that turned me off Claire at the beginning is that the art style is very not modern. It made me feel like it was going to be an older style game that takes forever for mediocre game play. Plus I never really hear anyone giving it much praise. I also never really played a horror game before, so I wasn't sure how I would like it. (Besides Anna. Glitchy Anna was not a good dive into the horror genre)

After my first play though I can actually say I really enjoyed the game. I'm not sure what the horror genre is supposed to feel like, but I was surprised when the game actually had a good story. It explored some darker themes around family, forgiveness, and death with pretty nice character and plot progression added in. I can't say it was a really "Boo!" scary type of game, but it was really a darker type of plot. 

As for mechanics, I think the glitch on the vita where you can pause the game to regain your sanity should have been a feature. The game is a pretty simple explorer game with the standard life and sanity meters. The screen is so dark alot of the time as well, which makes me acutely aware of how dirty my vita screen is and of the scratch I got on it three years ago. It also makes it harder to find doors and stuff- especially on the vita where I can't just turn up the brightness settings. I guess the horror aspects came out more in the mechanics as there was a benefit to doing things quickly and getting out of certain rooms with monsters as fast as possible, but that just feels like PacMan anxiety to me. Anxiety can be scary too, though, so I guess I have to let the devs slide on that one :P

1 hour ago, Honor_Hand said:

Your assumptions about my Spanish are correct :P Lajunta though, sounds like a totally made up word to me. I also thought it was a Spanish word after reading it in your post but couldn't find anything about it after checking on the internet nor on an old-almost-one-thousands-page-dictionary I had lying around (Yes, I actually went there out of curiosity >.>). I guess it could be French... It could also be something on a Spanish from a particular country that isn't mine... lol Lajunta.

Solitaire and Spider Solitaire were my last resorts for when there was absolutely nothing else to do at work ? With real-life cards, I much preferred the much nerdier Magic: The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh! or Pokemon CCG games. I also played a number of games with my friends with the regular set of English or Spanish playing cards. Just as long as the cards exist physically in my hands, I'm fine with them lol xD

Oh good, I was worried that you were going to say you didn't speak Spanish and I would look like an idiot even though Google promised me that you lived in a Spanish speaking country :P I googled all the level keywords they used and the only result Google gave me was the Maliya trophy guide, so I'm guessing they completely made up words to use as level keywords. Which is super annoying that it wasn't obvious they were doing that. Give me daId49e as a password and I know I should write it down. Give me lajunta and I think "Oh I can remember that". Plot twist, I can't remember it which is why I had to look it up in the trophy guide a dozen times until I did remember it.

I had way too many Pokemon cards as a child considering I was too young for the Pokemon hayday and never had anyone to play with. (My brother, on the other hand, thrived during this time and most of the cards were hand-me-downs. Yes, he regrets that to this day). I spent my time alphabetizing them and then organizing them by set release date and card number instead of actually playing the card game with them, though. I did have Yu-Gi-Oh! on the game boy advance and I spent way too much time playing that game and trying to get my toon world deck to actually be good. It never was.

Wait, are Spanish playing cards different from English playing cards?

I tried recently playing physical Uno with my partner and I swear those cards are cursed- no matter how much we shuffle and mix them up, a large amount of the deck is always in sequence by color. Maybe the yellow cards are just heavier then the rest? With my digital cards, something else is doing the mixing and can't fix the deck :P

Lajunta

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

I had way too many Pokemon cards as a child considering I was too young for the Pokemon hayday and never had anyone to play with. (My brother, on the other hand, thrived during this time and most of the cards were hand-me-downs. Yes, he regrets that to this day). I spent my time alphabetizing them and then organizing them by set release date and card number instead of actually playing the card game with them, though. I did have Yu-Gi-Oh! on the game boy advance and I spent way too much time playing that game and trying to get my toon world deck to actually be good. It never was.

Oh, I did the same thing but with the Magic: The Gathering cards. I only have a couple of decks of the Pokemon cards (even though I was a super fan of the game at the time) but the Magic cards were hands down amazing in art design. The game was also more complex, which also caught my attention more. I still love the game to this day even though I must be incredibly rusty as I haven't played with anyone in a couple of years. My wife was super excited when I showed her all the cards I amassed during my teen days (I...collected quite a number of them even though I only played with like 2-3 decks). But she hasn't been too interested in playing with me anymore. :-/

Ah! Coincidentally, the Toon World Deck was the first Yu-Gi-Oh! deck I got! x3 Come on, it was awesome. Kinda troublesome to place proper critters and whatnot but it was pretty unique. Now that I remember more about it, I think I lost most of my matches with that one as well lol xD

Wait, are Spanish playing cards different from English playing cards?

They are roughly the same. The biggest difference is the patterns on them and that's about it.

Baraja%2040%20cards.jpg

full-deck-playing-card-french-version-or

Oh, and the English Deck has more cards because it has 8s and 9s. Ours only goes up to 7 for whatever reason.

Lajunta

This is going to be your own trademark word from now on :P

• Like 1

MONTHLY ROUND-UP 

Happy July! I went a tad overboard at an amusement park yesterday, so I'm starting out the month by taking a long rest day in bed. Let's take a look at June's stats.

June Goals

1f532.png 7,500 total trophies (7,466/7,500)

1f532.png 5.05 trophies per day (5.04/5.05)

2611.pngMaintain trophy a day streak (Day 136)

Finished Games: 

Minefield

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Energy Balance

The Walking Dead

Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness 

Blasting Agent

Lego Chima Laval's Journey

Super Exploding Zoo

36 Fragments of Midnight

Fort Defense

Mecho Tales

Maliya

June (May) Stats

Trophies: 208 (165)

Games Started: 6 (20)

Games Played: 28 (35)

Current Trophy Streak: 136 Days

Day with most earned trophies: June 17th

Last game completed: Maliya

Game Stats

Favorite Game Completed: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc  

Hardest Game Completed: Mecho Tales (vita)

Event Stats

Joined Camp WannaLottaPlats

Joined Backloy Pyramid 

Life Updates

Completed a month's internship in South Korea

Started summer classes

Learned how to read the Korean alphabet 

July Planning

Goals:

1f532.png 7,750 total trophies (7,466/7,500)

1f532.png 5.10 trophies per day (5.04/5.05)

2611.pngMaintain trophy a day streak (Day 136)

Theme: Event

With CampWannaLottaPlats wrapping up mid-August, my theme for July is going to be event games. 

• Like 1

Stand-Up Update:

Added Plus Games:

Heavy Rain | Difficulty: 2 | Time: 15-20 |

Absolver | Difficulty: 7 | Time: 60 | Online |

Extreme Exorcism (PS4/PS3) | Difficulty: 3 |

Space Overlords | Difficulty: 3 | Time: 20 |

Space Overlords (Vita) | Difficulty: 3 | Time: 20 |

Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma (Vita) | Difficulty: 2 | Time: 20 |

Rayman 3 HD (PS3) | Difficulty: 6.5 | Time: 15 |

Tokens Spent: (0.25*7) = 1.75

• Like 1

Retrospective

1S695bb7.png

Claire

There's a post above about me liking this game. Which I did, it was a great game. The first time. I ended up doing 3.5 runthroughs of this game because I kept missing small steps in the trophy guide (which were highlighted in large red bold font, so that's totally on me) and I thought it be faster to finish my playthrough then give up a half hour of work to restart. Nothing was really added in the extra playthroughs besides a slightly different ending. 

All in all, it was a good game and I'm actually a bit happy I'll get to replay it on the PS4 at a later date. It should be a breeze compared to the vita, even with the patched glitch.

Difficulty: 3/10

Enjoyment: 7/10

Other updates:

I added half a token to my token collection. Fallout 4 standard is at my target price, but I think I'll wait for the ultimate edition to drop down in price since those DLCs look expensive. There's a game that's 80 (wait, there's no cents sign) that I'm resisting buying from the sale, but I might pick something up before it's over. I think my partner wanted to play Aliennation, so I'll have to check on that.

I started Get off my lawn!, but I'm not sure if I'll stick with it. I have to keep the game open and play nothing else until it's done which is a bit annoying and I'm worried it'll mess up my trophy a day streak. 

Life update: Everything's fine I guess. I have two tests Monday but they are open books and open notes so they should be easy. I'm actually quite miserable but I don't know if that's just a me thing or if I'm home sick. Maybe culture shock? Probably just a me thing. I would say I want to go home, but I'd probably be miserable there as well. It'll probably past.

I also have a fun rivalry with the clothes dryer. First it started to shock me whenever I touched it which made filling it interesting. As I tried to decide if that was potentially dangerous, I used it over the weekend and instead of drying my clothes it boiled them. Literally boiled them so they were still soaking wet and burning hot after the hour and a half cycle. (My wool sweater made a noble sacrifice during this ordeal) I still think that's a strange setting for a dryer. :dunno: Luckily, I was tipped off about a laundromat next to my favorite pizza shop. The dryer won this round, but it didn't win the war

Me: 0 Dryer: 2

• Like 2

Hmmm. I'm on the Verge of getting Claire as well from this sale but I am still weighing my options until a day before the sale ends. Not sure if I spend my money there or on other games I have been eyeing for a while on eBay. By your description, it sounds like a fairly enjoyable game. Plus you get both versions of the game with one purchase, which is always nice. :)

Is that Alienation from Housemarque? The same guys who made Dead Nation on PS3? If that's the case then I wholeheartedly recommend the game to you. I played Dead Nation well beyond the Platinum with my wife back then. One of the best twin-stick shooters I have played in recent memory. I remember I got the game for free back then as part of the Welcome Back program from when Sony was hacked.

Cheer up! You were feeling homesick a number of posts before so it could be that too. I sometimes have days in which I can't avoid feeling down as well. Think about the stuff that makes you happy and focus on it. For example, you could try thinking about penguins ---> ???

8 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

I also have a fun rivalry with the clothes dryer. First it started to shock me whenever I touched it which made filling it interesting. As I tried to decide if that was potentially dangerous, I used it over the weekend and instead of drying my clothes it boiled them. Literally boiled them so they were still soaking wet and burning hot after the hour and a half cycle. (My wool sweater made a noble sacrifice during this ordeal) I still think that's a strange setting for a dryer. :dunno: Luckily, I was tipped off about a laundromat next to my favorite pizza shop. The dryer won this round, but it didn't win the war

While that certainly sounds like an interesting experience, be careful. It could be that the machine is not properly grounded or that its inner shielding components have worn off, which means it is not properly bleeding off electrical charges. Also, it could be that you touched the device while there was a good amount of moisture on your skin (right after taking a bath or doing exercise) or maybe you were barefoot while filling it? At any rate, it could be dangerous. Plus it sounds like it is not even drying the clothes properly. I'd exercise caution if I was you. :S

Edited by Honor_Hand
  • Like 1

Hey Kittet3

long time since I commented on your progress. :) Looks like you played quite a lot of games in the recent weeks. But still it seems to me your backlog is only getting bigger and bigger. ;)

11 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

I added half a token to my token collection. Fallout 4 standard is at my target price, but I think I'll wait for the ultimate edition to drop down in price since those DLCs look expensive

I would recommend that unless you want to waste time with a lot of mediocre content. There is only one DLC worth getting and that's The Far Harbor, maybe Nuka World too but it doesn't really add much to the game. Far Harbor on the other hand is has a good story and lots of good content, a classic addon if you will. But if you like to build things in the Fallout world there are two DLCs that expand the crafting but they just aren't that good. I bought the standard edition a while ago and consider buying Far Harbor at some point. Shouldn't make much of a difference price wise compared to the complete editoin but at least I don't have all that useless content. :) Anyway just a thought.

Sorry to hear about your war with that malicious dryer! But like HonorHand mentioned I would be careful with that thing or even avoid it completely, unless it is the only one around. Electricity is really dangerous, even a small charge can do quite some damage especially in an environment like that.

7 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Hmmm. I'm on the Verge of getting Claire as well from this sale but I am still weighing my options until a day before the sale ends. Not sure if I spend my money there or on other games I have been eyeing for a while on eBay. By your description, it sounds like a fairly enjoyable game. Plus you get both versions of the game with one purchase, which is always nice. :)

Is that Alienation from Housemarque? The same guys who made Dead Nation on PS3? If that's the case then I wholeheartedly recommend the game to you. I played Dead Nation well beyond the Platinum with my wife back then. One of the best twin-stick shooters I have played in recent memory. I remember I got the game for free back then as part of the Welcome Back program from when Sony was hacked.

Cheer up! You were feeling homesick a number of posts before so it could be that too. I sometimes have days in which I can't avoid feeling down as well. Think about the stuff that makes you happy and focus on it. For example, you could try thinking about penguins ---> 1f427.png1f427.png1f427.png

While that certainly sounds like an interesting experience, be careful. It could be that the machine is not properly grounded or that its inner shielding components have worn off, which means it is not properly bleeding off electrical charges. Also, it could be that you touched the device while there was a good amount of moisture on your skin (right after taking a bath or doing exercise) or maybe you were barefoot while filling it? At any rate, it could be dangerous. Plus it sounds like it is not even drying the clothes properly. I'd exercise caution if I was you. :S

Claire goes on sale so much, I wouldn't put it too high on your to-do list. PSPrices said it's been on sale four times so far this year and since it was on Plus, it'll probably go on sale lots more. 

Yeah, that's the one! He loves Helldivers and I told him we should get Dead Nation PS4 edition, but he said "he watched gameplay and Alien Nation looked better" even though I told him that one never goes on sale. Of course, it goes on sale the week after I said that :P I have Dead Nation for the PS3 and Vita and that game is the reason I know I'm awful at twin stick shooters. But I like pretending I'm half-decent and letting my coop partner pick up the slack :) 

Ohhh, those penguins did help. After this game, I think I'll play adventure time and find all the penguin caves. I love Guther.

I was in socks if that matters, but this was on two separate occasions. I don't think anyone else uses the drier either. All my clothes have their musty smell to them now, so I'm done with this laundry room and will probably just spend a few hours eating pizza next to the laundromat. 

Lajunta 

2 hours ago, Durandal said:

Hey Kittet3

long time since I commented on your progress. :) Looks like you played quite a lot of games in the recent weeks. But still it seems to me your backlog is only getting bigger and bigger. ;)

I would recommend that unless you want to waste time with a lot of mediocre content. There is only one DLC worth getting and that's The Far Harbor, maybe Nuka World too but it doesn't really add much to the game. Far Harbor on the other hand is has a good story and lots of good content, a classic addon if you will. But if you like to build things in the Fallout world there are two DLCs that expand the crafting but they just aren't that good. I bought the standard edition a while ago and consider buying Far Harbor at some point. Shouldn't make much of a difference price wise compared to the complete editoin but at least I don't have all that useless content. :) Anyway just a thought.

Sorry to hear about your war with that malicious dryer! But like HonorHand mentioned I would be careful with that thing or even avoid it completely, unless it is the only one around. Electricity is really dangerous, even a small charge can do quite some damage especially in an environment like that.

It's a never-ending backlog at this point :P Is it bad that I'm not too mad that starting next March I'll only be getting 2 PSPlus games instead of 6? At that point I actually stand a chance of shrinking the backlog.

I played the beginning of Fallout 4 and I hated the building stuff. It felt so out of place for me. I really want the Nuka World DLC just so I can get all those Nuka colas and I just know the DLCs are never going to go on sale low enough and I'll end up buying the complete edition (still mad that I didn't want for the complete edition of dragon age). There's also this Fallout 4/Skyrim complete edition bundle that I'm keeping my eye on.

Yeah, I might let the drier keep his victory. I can just imagine having to explain to my mom how I got electrocuted washing my clothes halfway across the world. I also informed the manager about the boiling incident and she said she'll look to it (and also game me my coins back :) )

• Like 1

Retrospective

4Sd7cfa1.png

Get Off My Lawn!

I really don't remember adding this game to my library, but when I did my clean up of my backlog list verses my library and added any missing games, this was one that popped up. I would have happily ignored it, but I decided it seemed short enough so I added it to the backlog pyramid challenge and it's the first game I completed for that event (link in first post).

The game is like the original Plants verses Zombies and whatever game style that is a knock-off of. There is a gridded playing field and waves of enemies come and you have to shoot them before they reach you. It's a simple mechanic and the game is extremely simple as there's only a few variants of enemy type and weapon types. The game is also very glitchy is both good and bad ways. On one hand, you can auto-level all the weapons saving countless hours of grinding. On the other hand, you can't close the game because your kill counters will reset and you need 5,000 kills of a certain enemy with a certain gun. With fully upgraded weapons, the game was extremely easy and got a bit boring after a while. However, not being able to play anything else actually motivated me to complete it :P The last trophy of the game is for killing 1,000 tanks and this usually pops around 30,0000-40,000 enemies. I was at 15,000. Luckily, I was able to get it to glitch and pop early, otherwise I'm pretty sure I would never have actually finished it.

Difficulty: 2/10

Enjoyment: 4/10

Life Update: I'm feeling alot happier now. I think a combination of pizza, nice weather, and fun activities helped alot. 

Cat Update: There's more screetching cats outside my apartment. I also saw a kitten a week ago napping at a doorstep. I named it Halloween because it was orange.

Dryer War Update: I lugged my laundry to the laundromat, but at 3,500 won for a wash, I lugged it back and decided that I will figure out how to work the washer and then just air dry the clothes. (For perspective, the washer at my apartment is 1,500 won and I thought that was expensive) I messed with the washer settings and it seems to now work and it's nice out so my clothes should hopefully dry without getting the musty smell to them. Winkles, on the other hand, might be my new enemy since the drying racks don't seem to help those. :dunno:Maybe I should find an iron, but that sounds like another way to get electrocuted. 

• Like 1

Glad to hear you are feeling happier now. ^^

I thought they had run away or something since it has been awhile since you last mentioned them on your updates. It sounds like they are assembling an army of screeching cats over there where you are. Despite their screechness, you have to admit kitties are cute and mostly problem free, I really don't get why they could be screeching so much.

3,500 won for a wash sounds like a lot (Had to use a rate converter for that ._.) I honestly have no idea of how much should a laundromat should charge for a wash (we don't have those in our country...) but I wouldn't pay close to $3 USD for washing my clothes. I forgot to recommend about air drying your clothes. I actually use an extensible indoor cloth line on my apartment's balcony to dry my stuff and it works just fine. Sure it is not as quick as a normal dryer but it gets the job done nicely if the climate is right and costs me nothing. Although, I'm aware some buildings don't allow that. I don't mind wrinkles on my clothes if they are for regular informal use.

Lol Come on, don't fear the iron. I have never heard of anyone dying of electrocution while ironing xD

• Like 1

Retrospective

10S19e10f.png

North (Vita)

I had my first two exams today and I got 100% in both of them :D The teacher actually graded the second one as two wrong, but then they double-checked the answer key and it turns out that it was wrong. You're probably wondering why I'm starting out with my life update and I promise it's relevant to this game. After my exams, I was feeling a bit dull so I decided that I would "cheat" a bit and buy a quick and cheap game without counting it against my tokens. In my defense, I finished the game an hour after buying it, so it was never really 'in' my backlog :P

-slight spoilers ahead-

North is a quick indie "experience" that's actually pretty interesting. It's centered around a refugee trying to gain asylum in a strange land. And by "strange land", I mean some weird 50's alien land. The author rights letters to his sister, but I couldn't figure out how to read them. The plot of the game is to get papers from various departments, such as papers that say you are a "hard worker" or papers for converting to their religion. 

-end spoilers-

So, the game on the Vita is awful. I was using a walkthrough based off the PS4 version and that version actually had textures and shapes, whereas my game was washed out blobs. The game is also very short - 20ish minutes with a guide (Also, I'm currently on the fastest achievers list :) ) but I think that's pretty good for what it is. I would have liked the letters to have automatically popped up instead of having to go to the post office box or something to view them. In the end, I think it had pretty good potential for really thinking about life as a refugee in a way that's approachable for everyone. I would have liked for it to go a bit farther into the struggles of a refugee as I often feel alot of games have good ideas but don't go far enough into their execution. 

Difficulty: 2/10

Enjoyment: 5/10

Other Gaming News:

I got sucked back into TOMS blitz. I read that it's better to go for the 100 hour trophy while being a low level because otherwise it takes too long for lives to regenerate. I'm currently at 15 hours, which is double the 8 I had before I re-downloaded this game last week. I don't know what's so addicting to keep press play and let a minute tick by on the counter.

18 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Glad to hear you are feeling happier now. ^^

I thought they had run away or something since it has been awhile since you last mentioned them on your updates. It sounds like they are assembling an army of screeching cats over there where you are. Despite their screechness, you have to admit kitties are cute and mostly problem free, I really don't get why they could be screeching so much.

3,500 won for a wash sounds like a lot (Had to use a rate converter for that ._.) I honestly have no idea of how much should a laundromat should charge for a wash (we don't have those in our country...) but I wouldn't pay close to $3 USD for washing my clothes. I forgot to recommend about air drying your clothes. I actually use an extensible indoor cloth line on my apartment's balcony to dry my stuff and it works just fine. Sure it is not as quick as a normal dryer but it gets the job done nicely if the climate is right and costs me nothing. Although, I'm aware some buildings don't allow that. I don't mind wrinkles on my clothes if they are for regular informal use.

Lol Come on, don't fear the iron. I have never heard of anyone dying of electrocution while ironing xD

I'm a bit worried that the cats might not be healthy as they all seem like strays and Halloween was sitting on a door step in the middle of the day just looking pissed off and not interacting with anyone. I tested it and I can hear them from the hallway of my apartment. I actually don't even know what's behind my apartment, I should go investigate. I think people must be feeding them because otherwise there's no reason for them to be so satisfied living here and I haven't seen cats anywhere else.

In America, I think we paid anywhere between 1.50-0.75 depending on the size of the machine and if it was a wash or a dry, but it's been years since I used a laundromat (wait, it's been a decade :facepalm: Goodness I'm old. Okay, back in my day it was 1.50 at most for a wash.) I think there was a washer in use for 3,000 won, but I still don't want to pay double and have to lug my clothes back and forth. Wait, there's no laundromats where you live? How do you wash clothes? 

This building has drying racks they set up in the stairwells by a huge window. The first time I tried to airdry, I thought that just laying the clothes over furniture in my room would work. No. That does not. Everything got a musty smell to it. The second time I did it in the stairwell, but it was pouring outside so that didn't work either. This time it seemed to have worked well, except for the winkles because I didn't get the clothes out of the washer quick enough. (I also didn't know how to put the drying rack up, but luckily someone saw my poor job of balancing it between two other racks and they fixed it for me)

I've also never heard of anyone getting electrocuted by a dryer, but yet here we are :P Lajunta 

• Like 1