Disgaea 1 Complete - Rosen Queen's Finest Edition

Masamune

D1_FULL_LE_GLAM_PS4_ESRB.jpg

The Overlord is dead. The Netherworld is in turmoil. Time to kick some ass! Netherworld Prince Laharl awakens to fight for his throne and it’s up to him and some unlikely allies to defend what is rightfully his. Together with his devious vassal Etna, the angel trainee Flonne, and a whole cavalcade of explosive characters, Laharl will slash, shoot, and punch his way to the top. Build your squad to level 9999 and unleash crazy special skills, team attacks, and spells to deal millions of points of damage in this zany high-definition remake of an RPG classic. 

Feel the Wrath of Laharl! – Take control of Prince Laharl as he conquers the Netherworld to become the Overlord in this zany story of assassins, Prinnies, and robots! 

Hours of Darkness! – The original Disgaea is back and better than ever! Play through the main story, or try Etna Mode with extra characters not found in the original release! Get lost in the Item World for hundreds of hours of fast-paced strategy RPG action, now in HD for the first time!

• LEVEL UP, DOOD! – Level up anything from characters to items to shops, all while wearing 100-ton boxers! Things not working out in your favor? Head to the Dark Assembly, and be the change you wish to see in the Netherworld!

The original Disgaea is finally getting a PS4 release with trophies! :yay: Apparently this was first announced a few months back & I completely missed it. :facepalm: But this collector's edition was recently announced, & I gotta say it looks tempting with all those goodies. admire onion head The "Rosen Queen's Finest Edition" is available for pre-order (exclusively) at NISA's online store for $99.99, the standard edition will be $49.99. The release date is October 9th, 2018, & will be available on the PS4/Switch.

Edited by Masamune
Updated release date, & added E3 video.

1 hour ago, Masamune said:

Now if I'm not mistaken, this is a remake, not a port, right? So it should have all new graphics & updated game mechanics? I hope so at least, otherwise that is a pretty steep price tag for such an old (still awesome) game. :hmm: 

This is definitely *not* just a port. All the assets have been recreated for HD resolutions. It’ll have all the content of the PSP version.

So while $50 seems steep for a 15 year old game, it’s still at least a 100 hour plat and seems appropriate for the amount of work that needed to go into getting this on PS4 the right way. 

I suppose this destroys my hopes of getting this directly on Vita, but Remote Play saves the day for me, again!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaivRules said:

This is definitely *not* just a port. All the assets have been recreated for HD resolutions. It’ll have all the content of the PSP version.

I just hope they update some of the monster mechanics (at least add Magichange), those characters were so useless back in that game. xD 

8 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

Very nice news, however Disgae is one of those games I can't enjoy 1f614.png I hope you guys enjoy it

Really? That's kinda surprising considering the type of games you play. :huh: I loved it since the first day I picked it up, maybe because it reminded me of Final Fantasy Tactics? :D 

54 minutes ago, Masamune said:

I just hope they update some of the monster mechanics (at least add Magichange), those characters were so useless back in that game. xD 

I've played so many hours of Disgaea 1 PSP, I have a hard time bothering with monsters in 4 Vita and barely bothered with them in 3 Vita. I had enough to occupy my time without monsters in Disgaea 1, I'm looking forward to not worrying about them again. ?

1 hour ago, Masamune said:

Really? That's kinda surprising considering the type of games you play. :huh: I loved it since the first day I picked it up, maybe because it reminded me of Final Fantasy Tactics? :D 

Haha I know but usually I never play tactical games /:

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

I've played so many hours of Disgaea 1 PSP, I have a hard time bothering with monsters in 4 Vita and barely bothered with them in 3 Vita. I had enough to occupy my time without monsters in Disgaea 1, I'm looking forward to not worrying about them again. 1f62c.png

Yeah, but some monsters you just have to add to your party... even if Laharl refuses (I'm sure you can guess which ones I'm referring to). :awesome: But I think it was in... 4? I got a lot of use out of them, you can get some serious boosts from monster fusion + duel magichange, it's also a great way to power-level 5 characters at once. xD 

1 hour ago, AlchemistWer said:

Haha I know but usually I never play tactical games /:

You should really give it another shot if you haven't played them much, it may be a tactical game, but my strategy has always been to just focus on one character (usually the MC) & make them strong enough to plow through the game solo. :P 

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder for anyone still interested in getting the Rosen Queen edition, but as of 6/19/2018, their stock is down to the 26%-50% range (both PS4 & Switch). warning onion head So you still have time, but don't wait too long. :P 

Also, you gotta love that little "dood" sound effect in the opening of that new video (added to OP). I think I'm going to make that my new notification sound on my phone. XD onion head