Starting New account from being Country Rank 1

Tomy_IV

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

That's a pretty bold move. Good luck on your new account mate! :)

Hello NiTRO. Long time!  :) I guess im getting pretty crazy am i right ? But plating some of the games iw already done. Gona be fun too do agein :) 

• Like 2

Talk about OCD... starting again over a 3% completion. Yes, I know it's mostly because you want to replay and re complete games you liked, but it still doesn't mean you can't replay games on another account while you play newer games on that one.

Anyway, you do you, man. I wish I had that much time to just play games.

Edited by AndresLionheart
  • Like 2

I know an UK girl that started over after completing stuff like Warhawk, she is also doing 100% completion now.

I wouldn't do it myself, but I can get really close to 100% now, since now my only impossible game is BZB and almost everything else (except for VVVVVV), i believe I have a very good shot at completing.

• Like 1

For 3 percent it is NOT worth it mate. And you lock yourself out of a lot of great titles.Games like Shadow warrior and super meat boy for example. Fuck percentage brother, i will take a 30% completion account involving super meat boy, surgeon simulator, N++ etc over a 100% account thats all one hour plats and JAP novels(i know thats not u, just giving an example). My advise, dont do it. ur feat is impressive as is.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

so i have 214 plats and ive had my account for almost 6 years

this guys got like 450 plats and im sure hes had his account longer than me

now take all that time involved and throwing out the window

Does that not seem wasteful to you or anyone for the matter

at the end of the day i dont care what anyone decides to do with their time, money, accounts, personal life, whatever it may be, but i certainly know a bad idea when i see one

...im going to take my profile with thousands and thousands of man hours behind it and just toss it in the garbage, comeon guy, that in itself is just plain stupid

It depends how you approach gaming. If you play for fun then your time invested is the equivalent of going down to the pub with your mates, or go-karting, or playing footy with the lads, or badminton, or taking the missus out to dinner or any number of things. What I'm saying is you don't have to attach an arbitrary number to those experiences. That time is never wasted. If you're the type of gamer that plays for # of platinums then yeah it will be considered a waste of time.

For example, I've put thousands of hours into running but I don't have a profile to showcase that. Does it mean all that time is wasted because me or anyone else can't see it or because I've chosen not to track the progress? Not at all because every outing has been a new & enjoyable experience with new routes, new people etc. I view gaming in much the same way.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 4

Honestly came here thinking 'this dude is probably tired of playing VN's and super easy/shitty games' but your lineup is actually pretty good, you've got a very respectable amount of ultra rares and diversity in the games you play.

I get what you mean though, trophy hunting to me doesn't have that exciting feeling it used to have and leaderboards don't mean anything since the top people just play easy games to maintain their position. The only thing I get a kick out of now is finishing hard games and being the 1st in the country to do so.

If you think that's what it takes to renew your love of gaming and trophy hunting then go ahead, beats playing games just for trophies, Good Luck on your new account! ?

• Like 4

It is pretty tough to start over again. I had an old account from 2009. And the account was not a small one. I decide to move on from the account because i had many unobtainables and incomplete games i didn't want to deal with.

Than i maked this account, and i have been doing the same games over again, and you do get burned out with them because you repeating the same shit. But yeah, you wanna get that memory back again from back in the day. I still need around 30% of my games i did on my old, but probably won't do all of them.

Good luck starting over though.

• Like 1

Go for whatever makes you happy! If you think that starting a new profile and playing all games from scratch again will make you have fun then go for it. ?

On a more personal note, I'm happy with my profile. Don't have that much time or interest as to replay most of the games I've already completed.Lol I wouldn't start a new account even if I had like 5 platinums and a 20% completion rate but hey, everybody is different. As they said, different strokes for different folks.

• Like 2

I always feel sad whenever i hear someone restarting their profile mainly do to time spent earning trophies,I was even more shocked the moment i realized it was you from bad company boosting. Ofcourse as long as that person is happy with their choice i wish them the best of luck and joy in their fresh hunt! Either way if you change your mind you can still return to your old account. I'll be honest I myself have been tempted to restart due to OCD,but i couldn't and honestly as long as I'm having fun thats all that matters. whatever choice you make i hope it makes you happy in the end :D

• Like 1

Entirely up to you, just keep in mind that you can always go back. Try it out for a while and if you don't like it you can always go back to how it was.

I think your account is really impressive and the name is simple and clean.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with going back and playing games you've done before. Even if it's a grind etc, if that's what you consider fun then do it. I know people who have completely swayed from the trophy hunt as they felt it was more of a chore than enjoying games and then eventually went back and seen it completely different.

Try taking a break maybe? Might help with the your decision process. Whatever you decide to do though pal, good luck.

• Like 1

Good luck! I started a new account myself 4,5 years ago, completing everything to 100% and also trying slowly to complete series. Most importantly, I'm staying away from unenjoyable trophy-whore games as I will never reach any significant world rank with my time an resources anyway. I have doubled the plat-count from my old account and I'm enjoying every game, hope you do the same!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hvalpen said:

For 3 percent it is NOT worth it mate. And you lock yourself out of a lot of great titles.Games like Shadow warrior and super meat boy for example. Fuck percentage brother, i will take a 30% completion account involving super meat boy, surgeon simulator, N++ etc over a 100% account thats all one hour plats and JAP novels(i know thats not u, just giving an example). My advise, dont do it. ur feat is impressive as is.

I agree with this...

I wouldnt start a new account if I were you, you should keep enjoying games like you did so far. You already have a good completion % and btw the games you can no longer plat may become achievable again one day. I mean who knows, I would never guess something like Gonespy would ever be created.

• Like 1