Starting New account from being Country Rank 1

Tomy_IV

1 hour ago, demonviper666 said:

Only thing about starting over is rebuying vita games.  

True that. But i wont add that many Vita games anymore just a few. Dead nation Earth defense portable 2017 and the other one. Maybe Worms Revoultion Extreme... And so on there is not that many good Vita games sadly 

Edited by Tomy_IV

Do whatever you want to do to keep enjoying the games you play. For me personally, I'll never ever attempt to achieve a completion of 100% since I've plenty of crappy games at 2% or so from back in the days when I started games without worrying about them showing in my profile... But I don't care so much... it´s also relieving because I can just try whatever game I want and if I don't like it I don't have to force myself to plat it.

Edited by BEAST_IHMOTEP
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ivangutjahr said:

If you wanna throw away 5 years of your life because a 1~2% mark in a digital thing, feel free. lmao

Yes, this obsessive behavior over trophies and a small percentage of incompletion is not healthy.  

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 2

@Tomy_IV Hey Tomy, I apologize for a slight necro, but I've not managed to get on my PC before today. :blush:

From the experience of someone who has already done this, I'd strongly advise you against this! ? In late 2008 I created my first account, but I did not really like it's username, so in 2010 I made my second one. I've been using this one as my main with many breaks until late 2015, when I decided to play more seriously and having unobtainables on my profile started to bother me. Making a third account was a logical choice (mainly because I've only had like 5 :platinum:s in total), but this is where I started to care way too much - I made an extremely hard challenge for myself and decided to give up when I was not meeting it's quotas. ?

What I am trying to point at with my story is that I've pretty much wasted a unique profile with a nice simple username and some Ultra-Rare :platinum:s just because of my OCD. ? And so I am agreeing with @DARKB1KE that being so obsessed over trophies or statistics in general is not really worth it! ? In your case it would be a real shame to 'throw your profile away' - I too am one of the people who love stalking profiles of others and along with @PrinceOfPeace who you mentioned or another Norwegian - @Beatminaz - your profile is one of the most impressive ones. ?

Sure it might not look like the biggest deal to abandon your profile for a while and concentrate on a new one (or concentrate on replaying various games instead), but if you are as OCD as me (and I am extremely obssessed about all this stuff - you can clearly see that from my Trophy Checklist), you might soon start finding even more flaws. :S

I experienced this first hand when I was forced to take a one month break due to some personal issues last month. After seeing my trophies per day ratio drop to 2.20 (when I wanted it to be at least 3.50 - 5.00), I was really devastated and I was pretty close to abandoning this profile too! ? But after giving it some hard thought, I realized that I would be making the same mistake again! :facepalm:

On this profile I've managed to meet some extremely nice people (and got somewhat active in this community) and I also achieved some pretty rare trophies that are now unobtainable. ? So what that I won't be able to keep to my old plans (mainly the online PS3 grinds and self-boosts - because I am not able to use my PS3 consoles atm and will likely be selling them)? ? Gaming is supposed to be fun and letting statistics and crazy plans ruining it really is not right! ;) That's why I managed to come up with another new plan and I will keep going. :)

I apologize for this wall of text, but I really feel like we have a lot in common. ? Our gaming styles are very similar - I also do not do stacks and I try to avoid ezpz games (and I am not afraid of URs) - even though I am not doing any DLCs and therefore not aiming for a 100% completion (however I want no unobtainables on my profile), mainly to prevent the reasons that are now bothering you - the last time trying to keep a 100% profile really burnt me out (it took me 2 years to start playing again ☹️), plus it's quite easy to end up with an unobtainable when it's not even your fault, i.e. un-released/glitched DLC trophies :angry: - but I feel like I can share my story with you, because I've already ruined one profile and lost about 10 :platinum:s. If I was to lose 450 of them, I would likely never manage to recover! ?

Either way, I hope that you will do a decision that you won't regret. ? But I'd still like to appeal to you to do the 'correct' one. ? You might end up in a similar situation with your new profile as well and in that case, you'd be losing out even more! ?

I wish you great luck to your gaming future! :wave:

• Like 3

On 5/2/2018 at 6:14 PM, Platagonist said:

@Tomy_IV Hey Tomy, I apologize for a slight necro, but I've not managed to get on my PC before today. :blush:

From the experience of someone who has already done this, I'd strongly advise you against this! 1f640.png In late 2008 I created my first account, but I did not really like it's username, so in 2010 I made my second one. I've been using this one as my main with many breaks until late 2015, when I decided to play more seriously and having unobtainables on my profile started to bother me. Making a third account was a logical choice (mainly because I've only had like 5 :platinum:s in total), but this is where I started to care way too much - I made an extremely hard challenge for myself and decided to give up when I was not meeting it's quotas. 1f615.png

What I am trying to point at with my story is that I've pretty much wasted a unique profile with a nice simple username and some Ultra-Rare :platinum:s just because of my OCD. 1f644.png And so I am agreeing with @DARKB1KE that being so obsessed over trophies or statistics in general is not really worth it! 1f609.png In your case it would be a real shame to 'throw your profile away' - I too am one of the people who love stalking profiles of others and along with @PrinceOfPeace who you mentioned or another Norwegian - @Beatminaz - your profile is one of the most impressive ones. 1f44d.png

Sure it might not look like the biggest deal to abandon your profile for a while and concentrate on a new one (or concentrate on replaying various games instead), but if you are as OCD as me (and I am extremely obssessed about all this stuff - you can clearly see that from my Trophy Checklist), you might soon start finding even more flaws. :S

I experienced this first hand when I was forced to take a one month break due to some personal issues last month. After seeing my trophies per day ratio drop to 2.20 (when I wanted it to be at least 3.50 - 5.00), I was really devastated and I was pretty close to abandoning this profile too! 1f631.png But after giving it some hard thought, I realized that I would be making the same mistake again! :facepalm:

On this profile I've managed to meet some extremely nice people (and got somewhat active in this community) and I also achieved some pretty rare trophies that are now unobtainable. 1f47a.png So what that I won't be able to keep to my old plans (mainly the online PS3 grinds and self-boosts - because I am not able to use my PS3 consoles atm and will likely be selling them)? 1f63c.png Gaming is supposed to be fun and letting statistics and crazy plans ruining it really is not right! ;) That's why I managed to come up with another new plan and I will keep going. :)

I apologize for this wall of text, but I really feel like we have a lot in common. 1f3ae.png Our gaming styles are very similar - I also do not do stacks and I try to avoid ezpz games (and I am not afraid of URs) - even though I am not doing any DLCs and therefore not aiming for a 100% completion (however I want no unobtainables on my profile), mainly to prevent the reasons that are now bothering you - the last time trying to keep a 100% profile really burnt me out (it took me 2 years to start playing again 2639.png), plus it's quite easy to end up with an unobtainable when it's not even your fault, i.e. un-released/glitched DLC trophies :angry: - but I feel like I can share my story with you, because I've already ruined one profile and lost about 10 :platinum:s. If I was to lose 450 of them, I would likely never manage to recover! 1f4a9.png

Either way, I hope that you will do a decision that you won't regret. 1f643.png But I'd still like to appeal to you to do the 'correct' one. 1f61c.png You might end up in a similar situation with your new profile as well and in that case, you'd be losing out even more! 1f616.png

I wish you great luck to your gaming future! :wave:

Very good said there. You can add me if you want :) Maybe I just need a break. But if not the new profile will be the real deal. I will reach my spot fast cuz I know what games too go for and so...But I will still lookout my nr 1 spot too be nr 1 spot. :)  We can talk more about our simular goals :)

Edited by Tomy_IV
  • Like 1

On 2-5-2018 at 6:14 PM, Platagonist said:

I apologize for this wall of text, but I really feel like we have a lot in common. ? Our gaming styles are very similar - I also do not do stacks and I try to avoid ezpz games (and I am not afraid of URs) - even though I am not doing any DLCs and therefore not aiming for a 100% completion (however I want no unobtainables on my profile), mainly to prevent the reasons that are now bothering you - the last time trying to keep a 100% profile really burnt me out (it took me 2 years to start playing again ☹️), plus it's quite easy to end up with an unobtainable when it's not even your fault, i.e. un-released/glitched DLC trophies :angry:

You should did Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 DLC's. Since those were online only, so yeah it is still part of unobtainables trophies. But i think you only care about the platinum right?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tomy_IV said:

Very good said there. You can add me if you want :) Maybe I just need a break. But if not the new profile will be the real deal. I will reach my spot fast cuz I know what games too go for and so...But I will still lookout my nr 1 spot too be nr 1 spot. :)  We can talk more about our simular goals :)

I would love to add you, I've just sent a friend invite your way. ? I'll make sure to stalk your progress! :P

18 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

You should did Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 DLC's. Since those were online only, so yeah it is still part of unobtainables trophies. But i think you only care about the platinum right?

Yeah, I also avoided the online DLC trophy from Wipeout HD. If I was trying to maintain my 100% percentage again, I am sure I would burn myself out sooner or later. So I am just making sure that all of my :platinum:s are obtainable. My initial goal was getting rid of as many PS3 base-game online trophy lists as possible and keeping them on my profile to plat them later, but now I had to come up with a different plan, because I can only access my PS3 consoles sporadically. :( Still, I would like to do LittleBigPlanet Karting next month and possible Modnation Racers before October, but I am really worried about any future announced shutdowns (I already missed Top Spin 4 -_-), because if there will be some huge grinds (such as Far Cry 2, Battlefield: Bad Company), I'll have no chance. ?

I am currently playing Road Rage (congratulations to being the #1 achiever, Taz! ?), but I've lost like a 300 pedestrians progress due to an unexpected crash, so I guess I will be ragequitting this buggy pile of crap for now - I'll get back to it at the end of month and this time I'll make sure to save my progress by buying stuff from the clubhouse frequently. ? Speaking of bugs, I got a '502 getaway error' while I was submitting this message and so I had to re-write it - I am really lucky these days! ?

I apologize for (temporarily) hi-jacking this thread. :blush: Feel free to PM me anytime, guys. ;) I wish you all nice weekend! ? 

• Like 1

On 05/05/2018 at 10:23 AM, Platagonist said:

I would love to add you, I've just sent a friend invite your way. 1f609.png I'll make sure to stalk your progress! :P

Yeah, I also avoided the online DLC trophy from Wipeout HD. If I was trying to maintain my 100% percentage again, I am sure I would burn myself out sooner or later. So I am just making sure that all of my :platinum:s are obtainable. My initial goal was getting rid of as many PS3 base-game online trophy lists as possible and keeping them on my profile to plat them later, but now I had to come up with a different plan, because I can only access my PS3 consoles sporadically. :( Still, I would like to do LittleBigPlanet Karting next month and possible Modnation Racers before October, but I am really worried about any future announced shutdowns (I already missed Top Spin 4 -_-), because if there will be some huge grinds (such as Far Cry 2, Battlefield: Bad Company), I'll have no chance. 1f61f.png

I am currently playing Road Rage (congratulations to being the #1 achiever, Taz! 1f44d.png), but I've lost like a 300 pedestrians progress due to an unexpected crash, so I guess I will be ragequitting this buggy pile of crap for now - I'll get back to it at the end of month and this time I'll make sure to save my progress by buying stuff from the clubhouse frequently. 1f61c.png Speaking of bugs, I got a '502 getaway error' while I was submitting this message and so I had to re-write it - I am really lucky these days! 1f628.png

I apologize for (temporarily) hi-jacking this thread. :blush: Feel free to PM me anytime, guys. ;) I wish you all nice weekend! 1f44b.png 

Appreciate it man. The 1000 kills in Road Rage can be grinded on the airfield, you most hit with your weapon. You can kill them, drive away and back out and back in so they will respawn once you come in the front airfield building. Good luck with RoadRage!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 27/04/2018 at 7:02 PM, Tomy_IV said:

Anyone else that have started new with this high number of plats or Even been Nr 1 Spot ?

I never had as many plat's as you do i only had 4 plat's in my old account (Big_Ass_DSP) and now i have 12 in my new account, but that's besides the point.  All i'm saying is there is nothing wrong with a new account if it's what you really want go for it and good luck.

• Like 1

Trying to maintain a perfect account is more trouble than it's worth.  All it takes is one game with a glitched trophy or whatever to ruin it (glares at Dragon Fin Soup).

I'd keep your old account, I mean, you're #1 in your country on these boards and you have a lot invested into it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Classic-DSP said:

I never had as many plat's as you do i only had 4 plat's in my old account (Big_Ass_DSP) and now i have 12 in my new account, but that's besides the point.  All i'm saying is there is nothing wrong with a new account if it's what you really want go for it and good luck.

Anytime I see DSP I think of DarkSydePhil. You know, that moron that an entire YouTube series (“This is how you don’t play X”) is dedicated to. 

7 hours ago, Stormverse said:

Trying to maintain a perfect account is more trouble than it's worth.  All it takes is one game with a glitched trophy or whatever to ruin it (glares at Dragon Fin Soup).

I'd keep your old account, I mean, you're #1 in your country on these boards and you have a lot invested into it.

Same. Just the thought of having 22 - 23 thousand trophies is insane. 

Those top rank trophy hunters are team accounts, and most of what they have is pure junk. Tomy IV at least was done by one person, which is very impressive. 

PrinceofPeace, Beatminaz, Danny_Johanson, Floriss, VlETNAM- and Tomy IV are some of the most impressive profiles I’ve seen.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2018 at 1:02 PM, Tomy_IV said:

I dont feel the same as i did before completing games and ranking up in the world. And when i started this account i didnt really was that into trophy hunting after a 1 year after. Then i was going for it 100% The more i level Up now as i am now LVL 77 and with 449 platinums. Doesnt mean anything for me then someone with 100 plats. So i wanna start fresh with a account with almost the same name. And start a account that i will do perfect on. With a 100% completion and so on. Completing series, having fun. Who knows i can even catch my self in about 4-5 years. But my Nr 1 Spot that i have in Norway. Will be taken in 1 year or so since im pretty high up from the guy under me, As for this account. I have way too many closed games with low% completion. And have a few titles i dont wanna bother finish. Like Uncharted 3 DLC for the ps3 And warhawk. And more. Starting new in May somewhere With a account name Tomy_   or something.  

I will not stop on this account. Gona try and finish up the games i have started. Maybe gona add some too finish the series too get the full set. But thats it

Anyone else that have started new with this high number of plats or Even been Nr 1 Spot ? 

Someone mentioned me in their post, so I read up on what this thread is about. Everyone seems to have their own take on what you should do, or what they'd do if they were in your shoes, which is fine. However, awhile ago, you seem to have made up your mind about what you want. I guess you were just having a hard time pulling the trigger? I'm exhausted just thinking about you starting over. Either way, I hope things turn out well for you on your new account, and the same goes for anyone else who strives for 100%.  

• Like 1