The Platinum Squid Factory

SquidBaronet

I'd like to say I am related to a certain filler boss in a certain game with a half-genie hero, but sadly Squid Baron is a fictional character. Though I am impressed so much with his chutzpah I decided to name my account in his honor! So, I am SquidBaronet! (And yes, I know that the term 'baronet' is not related to 'baron' at all, but work with me here!)

Anyways, here is a little bit about myself:

What games I love: RPGs, baby! I love the grind! Well, even I get bored after a while but I try to fake my enthusiasm. :P I also have a fondness for point-and-click adventures and platformers.

What games I hate: Anything which is more disgusting than Squid Oil. Namely horror games, bloody violent games like God of War, and military third-person shooters. Also, don't try to talk me into racing games. I had a bad experience with Mario Kart 7 and never looked back. Fighting games are also a no-go, unless Super Smash Bros. gets trophy support, which they won't as they are a Nintendo property! Also, none of those boring visual novel type of games like Detroit: Become Human! I hate having to make decisions to let someone live or die!  :(

What games are in your future?

• Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom (which I picked up in exchange for my old Nintendo 2DS, I didn't have to pay a cent for it! ^_^)

What games are you looking forward to?

• The Spyro Reignited trilogy
  • Kingdom Hearts III
  • Let's Go, Eevee! (Okay, that is Pokemon, but come on, I love Pokemon!)

What games have you completed?

I decided to put down the platinum trophy icons for all of the games(11 so far) I have completed. I'd describe my experience with them but then I might spoil some plot point that I'd regret.

What are your thoughts on DLC?

I prefer to wait until after I got a platinum before diving into DLC and at my leisure. I treat them like non-platinum games because they are just add-ons. This prevents me from biting my tentacles in frustration! ARGH! I think I gave myself tetanus too many times that way! :shakefist:

You don't have many games on your list...

Because I am not a trophy whore. I know people love to get 75 quick and easy platinums. Not me! Yes, some of the games take very little time to complete, but I had enjoyed the stories in them and thought they deserve some respect. For example, I am an Artifex Mundi fan-squid because the women who you play as make Shantae look like a kindergarden brat! Mwa ha ha! I bet that half-genie would curl into a fetal position and wail in horror if she had to deal with some of the baddies you face in an Artifex Mundi title! :D

Eh, I think I hear her bashing my front door down with her hair... outtie! :o

(But seriously, I have to enjoy the game first. If I've played it before I'll play it again for the trophies. Bolo made the mistake of playing Portal Knights and now he can never stop playing because he has to get all of those stupid events. Idiot! I won't play that game ever, trust me. xD)

So you are going for quality over quantity?

Yep, that's the gist of it. After watching videos like this and hearing that guy roast someone's trophies, I decided to avoid the same shame and not play games just for the trophies, ya dig? I have too much to do right now.

So don't expect to see these games on this list, ever:

• My Name Is Mayo
  • Mr. Massagy
  • Slyde
  • Jak II and Jak 3(because they have auto-pop platinums due to a debug mode exploit and that's cheating, and I never liked those games anyways)
  • Sound Shapes (because you can auto-pop all of the versions with cross-save, getting five platinums for the price of one)

But won't that limit your enjoyment of gaming?

That is why I have a Nintendo Switch. I can play Shantae and the Pirate's Curse there and just enjoy the story. Okay, maybe purchasing Splatoon 2 was not the smartest of decisions money-wise, but it could be worse. *uninstalls Maplestory to save his sanity*

So what platforms are you using?
Sorry, just PS4 titles! Not going to try for any more Vita titles since support for the Vita is dead and everyone is sure Sony will bring out the PS Uni or something else to replace it, and I accidentally disassembled my PS3 a year ago and it doesn't work anymore so I had to throw it out. (And PS Now stinks like old cheese, so no, not going to pay $20 a month for that.)

I might try to add Vita and PS3 titles, but only if I feel like it's worth the time to get the platforms ready. I am hoping to find a good deal on a used PS3 so I don't have to rely on PS Now. For now, it's just PS4 titles.

Okay, enough of that, let's get to the fun stuff, the lists!

21M618cbf.png
The Platinums

1M6a9bce.png1Md20e4a.png1M7e49af.png1M228d51.png1M3858b4.png1Mda5ffd.png

1Ma83e7f.png1M3a2ecb.png1M2bc950.png1Md3da62.png1M958b3b.png1M1bb4cf.png

1M0de2f9.png1M3782ca.png1M81070b.png1M1a3f9e.png1M3b0492.png1M30d5ae.png
1M61c205.png1Ma04b88.png1Mf13618.png1M7052ad.png1Mb8d54f.png1M3b83e3.png
1Mab0ece.png1Mbe729d.png1Mf4f200.png1M4ee431.png1Mbb17a6.png1Mdb2418.png

1M80948f.png1Mfb2df7.png1Md91ad4.png

Spoiler
  1. 36 Fragments of Midnight
  2. Abyss: Wraiths of Eden
  3. Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
  4. Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
  5. Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
  6. Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala
  7. Dark Arcana: The Carnival
  8. Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
  9. Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom
  10. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
  11. Trine 3: Artifacts of Power
  12. Eventide: Slavic Fable
  13. Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
  14. Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren's Call
  15. Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones
  16. LEGO Jurassic World
  17. Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan
  18. Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery
  19. Eventide 2: The Sorcerer's Mirror
  20. Ratchet and Clank
  21. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
  22. Lara Croft GO
  23. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
  24. Buff Knight Advanced
  25. Little Adventures on the Prairie
  26. My Name Is Mayo
  27. World of Final Fantasy
  28. Reverie
  29. Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengenance
  30. Grim Legends 3: The Dark City
  31. Old Man's Journey
  32. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
  33. Teslagrad

18Me41cdc.png
Games I'm Working On

M0378ce.pngMc4c900.png

2M5c4f74.png
Games I will DEFINITELY platinum in the future

Me4ee55.pngM2b80b5.png

M670d38.pngM5bd29a.png

Edited by SquidBaronet
  • Like 2

Just now, Kent10201 said:

I....I....you know what this is too much. Enjoy playing the same games over and over again. 

Bwa ha ha! My avatar says it all! I laugh at those who can't handle the Squid Baronet! :P

Squid Baron: You and me both. But I won't fight fate! I'm going to be the best filler boss of all time! Old hat! Recycled moves! All of it!

Same for me, recycled games, old trophies. I am not going to escape the fact that I have to replay the games again. So I'm just going to say I don't mind playing the games again. If they are fun games I won't hate them. Also, podcasts.

4 minutes ago, SquidBaronet said:

Bwa ha ha! My avatar says it all! I laugh at those who can't handle the Squid Baronet! :P

Squid Baron: You and me both. But I won't fight fate! I'm going to be the best filler boss of all time! Old hat! Recycled moves! All of it!

I think all of the trophy games have gone to his head and finally made him go insane guys. :awesome:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SquidBaronet said:

So you are going for quality over quantity?

Yep, that's the gist of it. After watching videos like this and hearing that guy roast someone's trophies, I decided to avoid the same shame and not play games just for the trophies, ya dig? I have too much to do right now.

So don't expect to see these games on this list, ever:

• My Name Is Mayo
  • Mr. Massagy
  • Slyde
  • Jak II and Jak 3(because they have auto-pop platinums due to a debug mode exploit and that's cheating, and I never liked those games anyways)
  • Sound Shapes (because you can auto-pop all of the versions with cross-save)

Reveal hidden contents
  1. 36 Fragments of Midnight
  2. Abyss: Wraiths of Eden
  3. Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
  4. Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
  5. Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
  6. Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala
  7. Dark Arcana: The Carnival
  8. Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
  9. Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom
  10. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
  11. Trine 3: Artifacts of Power
  12. Eventide: Slavic Fable

How did you like 36 Fragments of Midnight Quality games you say ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shana Alter said:

Shanate

<_<

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

I'm almost lost for words at how disturbing this thread is.  I tried to be supportive of you on your now old account and give you positive encouragement, these are the only words I have left (courtesy of Vaas from Far Cry 3)

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change..."

Yep, maybe I am insane now. But if I am insane, then I can't even feel the pain of the Grind. :P Most likely I'm being a jerk because Squid Baron is a jerk and I idolize him. He accepts that he can't change his fate and is forced to fight the same battle over and over again, but he tries to entertain himself. Heck, Officer Shantae has to deal with him and Hypno Baron sneaking out after curfew and watching PG-rated movies. (Phbt, PG is nothing these days. If they were R-rated movies, I'd be worried.)

I really do enjoy playing these games, but you are right, I hopefully can stop. Still, come on, give Artifex Mundi a chance. The stories are great the first time through, they're like reading a book. (And yes, I do read books from time to time, mainly mysteries with felines as characters.)

Edited by SquidBaronet

8 minutes ago, SquidBaronet said:

<_<

Yep, maybe I am insane now. But if I am insane, then I can't even feel the pain of the Grind. :P

I really do enjoy playing these games, but you are right, I hopefully can stop. Still, come on, give Artifex Mundi a chance. The stories are great the first time through, they're like reading a book. (And yes, I do read books from time to time, mainly mysteries with felines as characters.)

I've already played a lot of the Artifex Mundi games, but once on one account was enough for me :P

As you said, they are great the first time through, maybe not so great the....what is this now....9th time through?

Edited by Mesopithecus

9 minutes ago, SquidBaronet said:

<_<

Yep, maybe I am insane now. But if I am insane, then I can't even feel the pain of the Grind. :P Most likely I'm being a jerk because Squid Baron is a jerk and I idolize him. He accepts that he can't change his fate and is forced to fight the same battle over and over again, but he tries to entertain himself. Heck, Officer Shantae has to deal with him and Hypno Baron sneaking out after curfew and watching PG-rated movies. (Phbt, PG is nothing these days. If they were R-rated movies, I'd be worried.)

This went from just creepy to outright insane. You guys deal with this CJ persona cause I don't have the mental capacity to. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

You know Squidwhatever isn’t real right? 

Apparently he does not. xD

8 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

It's alright, I'm sure the next persona will be here in the next 1-3 months....

They tend to be crazier as they go on though so I don't know if I want to see the next one. It could end up being the, and I quote from his blog "ax crazy yandere who is sweet on the outside but twisted on the inside." 

Edited by Kent10201

Have you been reading my blogs, Kent?

And I'm just pushing people away because nobody believes I can correct my mistakes so I'll gladly be a recluse. I also won't ever been posting on the Community thread or even reading anything on it anymore, though I did enjoy reading the threads, especially the Let's Play Kingdom Hearts thread. Kingdom Hearts III is coming in late 2018 no matter what, Square-Enix wouldn't shaft us again!

I don't care if they aren't bringing out the Final Fantasy VII remake in 2018. I never liked FFVII anyways, my favorite FF in the early years was FFVIII. And they had to add that trophy requiring you to go on an outing with Barret, when Yuffie is my favorite "date" in the game. I dated her and Aerith in Gold Saucer. :P (Yes, I did play FFVII like everyone else, but I didn't like it as much as I did FFVIII. Trophies ruined all of the Final Fantasies, I hope FFVIII doesn't get a platinum when they remaster it. And for the record, the only reason I am platinuming FFXII is because that's my most favorite FF of them all!)

Edited by SquidBaronet

10 minutes ago, SquidBaronet said:

Have you been reading my blogs, Kent?

And I'm just pushing people away because nobody believes I can correct my mistakes so I'll gladly be a recluse. I also won't ever been posting on the Community thread or even reading anything on it anymore, though I did enjoy reading the threads, especially the Let's Play Kingdom Hearts thread. Kingdom Hearts III is coming in late 2018 no matter what, Square-Enix wouldn't shaft us again!

I don't care if they aren't bringing out the Final Fantasy VII remake in 2018. I never liked FFVII anyways, my favorite FF in the early years was FFVIII. And they had to add that trophy requiring you to go on an outing with Barret, when Yuffie is my favorite "date" in the game. I dated her and Aerith in Gold Saucer. :P

Reading them, no. Clicked on the link to it once, became extremely disturbed, clicked off and got home security installed, yes. 

You won't correct your mistakes. If you didn't do it the first 8 times there's no way you'll do it the 9th. This is the exact reason why people won't allow you to join their events and why you weren't allowed to join the KH event. I'm not sure why you're excited for Kingdom Hearts 3 anyway since you'll most likely just skip all of the cutscenes and take out any enjoyment you could have with the game because you only want the trophies. 

Trophies didn't ruin the FF games. You ruined the FF games for yourself by letting trophies consume you. FFVIII will get a platinum so you might as well prepare the next account for the inevitable future.

Edited by Kent10201

4 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Reading them, no. Clicked on the link to it once, became extremely disturbed, clicked off and got home security installed, yes. 

You won't correct your mistakes. If you didn't do it the first 8 times there's no way you'll do it the 9th. This is the exact reason why people won't allow you to join their events and why you weren't allowed to join the KH event. I'm not sure why you're excited for Kingdom Hearts 3 anyway since you'll most likely just skip all of the cutscenes and take out any enjoyment you could have with the game because you only want the trophies. 

Trophies didn't ruin the FF games. You ruined the FF games for yourself by letting trophies consume you. FFVIII will get a platinum so you might as well prepare the next account for the inevitable future.

Soon there will be as many profiles as there are FF games....

6 hours ago, Shana Alter said:

Again he isn't doing it to play the games over again although for some reason he doesn't mind

You're damn right I don't mind! Say what you want of me, but I like those games and if I want to play them again, then nothing you say about them will change my mind. Do whatever you want to me, but you can't stop me from playing my favorite games! And that's the final thing I'll say, so sod off! :P

(Now that I threw down the Infinity Gauntlet, I'm sure to be banned from this forum. At the very least I've alienated everyone on this forum.)

As of this point, I will no longer visit these forums except to update this list. The only posts I will make on these forums are only on this thread to update my list. This is because I angered everyone here bjust because nobody here likes the fact that I created another profile and hates the games I play. (I actually do plan on having those games I mentioned on my profile, like Ni no  Kuni 2 and World of Final Fantasy, but nobody believes me.)

Oh, and whoever calls Artifex Mundi games for trophy whores, mouse on over to Kent's profile and check his platinums out and then try to look him in the face without shame. :P BTW, Kent, you gonna try to plat the new God of War? I see you've platted all of the originals.

Edited by SquidBaronet