JP games with geo IP blocking?

Hideoki_AU

Grabbed a couple of games from the JP store today, Cross to Fate, Legend of Heroes: Akatsuki no Kiseki.

When I start them though I get the point to press start to play and then I get a weird network error. 

ネツトワークが定しいないため、快適にブレーできない場合があります。

A bit of google translating and I've come to the conclusion maybe they are region blocked by IP?

Can anyone confirm this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Heroes:_Akatsuki_no_Kiseki

That one is a free-to-play with in-game purchases and subscription fee.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aura_Kingdom

That one? Well, it's a MMORPG.

I have no idea, but it could be requiring credit card, but judging by the error, I'm guessing it might be a form of geo-block. Basically, I think it might try to find a good server for you, but you're too far away, or something like that.

Have you tried playing it on the JP account?

Edited by MMDE

As far as I know, Akatsuki no Kiseki doesn't have any region blocking on PC. Not sure about the console versions, though. I couldn't seem to find any concrete answers on google. 

There are two errors in the message that I noticed. The camera feature of google translate is useful, but flawed. It can get small things wrong, which can screw up the whole meaning. For example, "ネツワーク" should be "ネットワーク". ネツワーク = netsuwaaku, which doesn't mean anything. ネットワーク = nettowaaku (network). Also, "ブレー" is most likely supposed to be "プレー" (play).

I know very little kanji, so I'm not really sure what the message says beyond the first part. It doesn't seem to mention anything about IPs or regions. From what I can tell, the first part says (because) the network cannot be fixed (or established). I'm pretty sure "定" can mean fix or establish. In this context, I don't know which makes more sense.

Sorry if this wasn't very helpful. Hopefully it's just a simple network error.

There's a couple of errors in that message. It should say:

ネットワークが安定していないため快適にプレー出来ない場合があります。

Which basically means that you might not be able to play the game properly if your network is unstable. The FAQ on the official website says the game requires a stable connection at all times. Nothing about IPs or anything like that.