Trophy help for Gauntlet Thrown, Psyche Devourer, other events and deathblows

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this. I'm about to start the game and I'm sure it will help. A few questions as I'm trying to process the information I gathered here and there:

-How many playthroughs should I expect? Do I need a full playthrough for each of the "card choices" (Legion/Council/Congress)?

-Roughly how long is a playthrough?

-Can the miscellaneous spell/mission trophies be unlocked if following the "only one card choice" rule?

Thanks in advance!

13 minutes ago, visighost said:

Thanks for this. I'm about to start the game and I'm sure it will help. A few questions as I'm trying to process the information I gathered here and there:

-How many playthroughs should I expect? Do I need a full playthrough for each of the "card choices" (Legion/Council/Congress)?

-Roughly how long is a playthrough?

-Can the miscellaneous spell/mission trophies be unlocked if following the "only one card choice" rule?

Thanks in advance!

1) It took me 9 playthroughs because the choices can be finicky. Hopefully, you'll have better luck than I did. No, you don't need a full playthrough for each card choices because the choices are incredibly varied.

2) The first playthrough is about 10 hours because it will take you a while to get used to the battle system, get through the boss battles, etc. Each playthrough after that is about 6 hours. 

3) I haven't tried this myself, but I don't think so. Like I said the choices are so varied that I believe you couldn't get some of the trophies/spells by choosing only 1 card for each playthrough. You can try and write down which trophies/spells unlocked.

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback. Nine playthroughs is... a lot! Any tips you'd have in order to minimize that? Focus on one trophy at a time? Gauntlet and Don't Fear seem to be the most involved ones...

I gather the card choices don't need to be in the same playthrough? That would make it easier. How many are there roughly per playthrough?

Further questions:

-Do enemies scale in NG+? Or does it get progressively easier?

-Anything to know about the Chaos/Order forms? Do they unlock naturally?

hmmm you can probably get most of the location trophies such except Don't fear the reaper and Gauntlet thrown in one playthrough.

Phantom Parry, Aquila Alliance, Noble Sacrifice,Tricky Tree aren't mutually exclusive so you should be able to get these in one playthrough. Weapon Master will probably take two at most.  

The enemies don't scale, so it gets easier doing ng+ or one life mode because you have order and chaos forms, spells and tribute, since it carries over from your previous playthrough. You only lose the equipable gems. Also with one life mode, you can pause the game in combat and quit and restart the mission if your main character (general) hasn't died. If you unlock Psyche Devourer spell, the game becomes even more easier and faster since you drop the bosses quicker.

As for chaos and order forms, you can only unlock one form for each exemplar per playthrough. It's related to RNG text you get in the loading screens. Each exemplar has an order story and a chaos story, with 5 chapters each. When you unlock 3 chapters you should get a form (order or chaos). However to unlock the opposite form in your next playthrough, you will need to get 3 or 4. When you are in the world, if you look in your menu under collections or history, you will see what chapters you have unlocked.

As to what you can do to influence the RNG loading screen, allegedly it's related to your choices. I say allegedly because it's speculation. If you make good and decent governance choices it should tip it toward order. If you make aggressive and evil choices it should tip it toward chaos.

For me it was wierd. I unlocked all the exemplar forms in two playthroughs in Rebellion but it took me six playthroughs in Sins since Mjolnir chaos was refusing to unlock. After one playthrough, you should of unlocked one version for each exemplar (G'ndarak the Bloodhammer doesn't have one). But this doesn't automatically mean you will unlock the opposite form in your next playthrough since the game in fickle.

Edited by Pincey
formating
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I got this platinum yesterday & just wanted to say thanks for all this extremely helpful information! I followed what was written here for the things I needed & had no issues getting there. First playthrough I picked a ton of green cards & ended up fighting that tree. NG+ I took the path to get Psyche Devourer (great spell, makes most fights trivial), after that I faced the order of the bleeding axe in the 1-life mode playthrough. I still needed Order Mjolnir after all that so I replaced my save with one from about halfway through the bleeding axe stuff, chose different options & after an hour and a bit that was it.

I reckon it might be possible to do everything in just 3 playthroughs but that first one is really rough. I didn't get great gemstones the first time around & felt really underpowered. Some bosses took a fair few retries & really annoying ones where I'd spend 10 minutes chipping away until the boss was nearly down, then I'd get distracted for a second & quickly wiped out. Also a lot of the time I noticed when you're picking cards to unlock specific paths it doesn't always lead to the most advantageous battle setup (might end up with a lot less health etc). With that said I think it's definitely a good idea to get either G'ndarak or Psyche Devourer the first time around & then watch in delight as you blaze through subsequent playthroughs & bosses that were previously problematic now go down in a minute or less.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@readytofuky Cool beans, i'm glad this was of help. Yah your right G'ndarak and Psyche Devourer makes the game easier. And going for Psyche Devourer first run makes the next playthrough alot faster. I found this one and Sins top heavy, first playthrough was generally the hardest since you don't have good spells or order or chaos exemplars.. Once you get Psyche Devourer or Cassandra's Lunacy in Sins the game becomes easier and faster for NG+.

I'm glad that the Psyche Devourer info helped. I am assuming the the other factors that I listed under speculation for Psyche Devourer were infact requirements as well?

In anycase i'm happy this was of a great help.

Edited by Pincey
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Pincey said:

@readytofuky Cool beans, i'm glad this was of help. Yah your right G'ndarak and Psyche Devourer makes the game easier. And going for Psyche Devourer first run makes the next playthrough alot faster. I found this one and Sins top heavy, first playthrough was generally the hardest since you don't have good spells or order or chaos exemplars.. Once you get Psyche Devourer or Cassandra's Lunacy in Sins the game becomes easier and faster for NG+.

I'm glad that the Psyche Devourer info helped. I am assuming the the other factors that I listed under speculation for Psyche Devourer were infact requirements as well?

In anycase i'm happy this was of a great help.

Cheers mate I definitely followed the speculation parts & would advise any prospective players to do the same. I was almost in disbelief over getting everything in 3 & 1/2 playthroughs after reading what you & the others went through. There's invaluable information here in this thread.

Unfortunately my overall memory is a little hazy on this but I don't ever remember event 5 with the killable margrave. It most likely happened & I was just a zombie at the time. Several times throughout the game behaved very strangely though, I'm kind of amazed Flames passed certification, the game crashed on me so many times. Whenever Sins is on sale next I'll pick that up (only have the physical Vita version) 'cause I reckon the battle system is really enjoyable & would love to try it out without the stuttering. Hopefully the music is as good because I bloody loved that aspect!

• Like 1

@readytofuky - Sins is easier than Flames. Well, at least for me. It took me 3 solid playthroughs, and Cassandra's Lunacy is a godsend. I also enjoyed the battle system more in Sins, even though it's the same game. I played Flames on the Vita, and the crashes were horrible. Glad it took you less time than it did for me.

• Like 2

I played both sins and flames on ps4 so i was fortunate. Flames didn't crash on the ps4, so it the better version if you have a ps4. I agree with edunstar84, sins is easier than flames by a huge margin. And getting Casandra's Lunacy is alot easier once you know the answers to the 5 questions concerning priests. Unlocking Psyche Devourer is alot harder and easier to fuck up. I'm glad to know that the other speculation was correct for unlocking Psyche Devourer, since i was trying other combinations to elimate variables and eventually i got to a stage that i wanted to move on and play something else.

I will probably add an edit in my original post later to reflect that.

• 3 months later...

Three playthroughs and still no Psyche Devourer.  Anyone have any more info they would like to share because clearly something is still missing.

Edit:  So I tried reversing the experiment and execute, so I choose death over experiment and I got Margrove 3 during Agnes' mission.  So I think death is the most important choice for psyche devourer which makes sense since the Margrove guys talk about culling the weak.

Edit 2: 5 playthroughs and still no Psyche Devourer.  This is so damn stupid,  I have no idea what I am doing wrong.  If I go all Experiment first then Execute I never get step 3.  If I go execute over experiment I don't get step 4.

Edit #3: I finally got it after asking the game devs how to do it.  I'll post the exact email I got in the next post.

Edited by Fryerisgod
  • Like 1

Here is the instructions for Psyche Devourer as instructed by a game dev.  This is how I got it.  You don't have to fight Margraves either.

Thank you for playing Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion. The Psyche Devourer spell is one of the trickier spells to find in the game. There isn't one way to do it and you're right the margrave is the key. You have to make brutal decisions  to make him come back and some of those choices start at the very beginning of the game. 

In the first level where you can make choices (the one where you play with Antoinette and the two soldiers) choose "Experiment" on the deserting soldiers. Then choose "Execute" when the 43rd infantry battalion leaders have been identified - this is the next level where you can make choices. When you see "Rations are running low" a few levels later choose "Experiment" and after Leuar that level has a choice about "An infantry captain is caught before they can assassinate you," choose "Experiment" here. It's not always "Experiment" though. If you unlock the level where you rescue Agnes, "Draw & Quarter", a red/Prime Legion choice advances the margrave story line. 

The other choices come much later in the game when you see "Nearly half of the 18th Archery century has a deadly, infectious disease" choose "Cover Up."  Near the end of the game pick "Execute" when "A small plot for several soldiers to defect to Octavia is uncovered" and in a few levels later "Raid" when "Several of the 7th’s infantry centuries are running low on supplies."

You'll know you're on the right track since you'll get Bywwdi's Blessing essence and then the margrave will talk about how their research has been stolen. Good luck!
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

@Fryerisgod Sorry about the late reply. I musta missed the notification email.

Anyway, i'm glad you got it. I lucked out when i got Psyche Devourer on my first playthrough. When i did other playthroughs to try and unlock it and eliminate variables, I was able to trigger events 1 to 4 but 5 and 6 wouldn't happen so i was missing something. I it would go haywire, so i just decided to post what i found and posted other events in my first playthrough under speculation which i thought might be related and hoped others would find it useful.

Seems i was on the right track from the developer response. I do remember when i was playing it the first time to be the most evil bastard general which involved raiding and supporting constance but i wasn't 100% sure this is linked. 

Good to know this is one of the the most painful trophies to get since it's very easy to fuck up.  

Edited by Pincey

No problem, the original post was months old and I didn't really expect one.  It was annoying playing through this game multiple times for nothing and it made me frustrated.  I am glad the developers were cool and told me what exactly I needed to do and now future players will not have to struggle as I did.

• 3 weeks later...

how do i get epilogue trophy? i have beat the game for my first time but no epilogue.

edit: i got it by beating game on new game plus

Here is the instructions for Psyche Devourer as instructed by a game dev.  This is how I got it.  You don't have to fight Margraves either.

Thank you for playing Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion. The Psyche Devourer spell is one of the trickier spells to find in the game. There isn't one way to do it and you're right the margrave is the key. You have to make brutal decisions  to make him come back and some of those choices start at the very beginning of the game. 

In the first level where you can make choices (the one where you play with Antoinette and the two soldiers) choose "Experiment" on the deserting soldiers. Then choose "Execute" when the 43rd infantry battalion leaders have been identified - this is the next level where you can make choices. When you see "Rations are running low" a few levels later choose "Experiment" and after Leuar that level has a choice about "An infantry captain is caught before they can assassinate you," choose "Experiment" here. It's not always "Experiment" though. If you unlock the level where you rescue Agnes, "Draw & Quarter", a red/Prime Legion choice advances the margrave story line. 

The other choices come much later in the game when you see "Nearly half of the 18th Archery century has a deadly, infectious disease" choose "Cover Up."  Near the end of the game pick "Execute" when "A small plot for several soldiers to defect to Octavia is uncovered" and in a few levels later "Raid" when "Several of the 7th’s infantry centuries are running low on supplies."

You'll know you're on the right track since you'll get Bywwdi's Blessing essence and then the margrave will talk about how their research has been stolen. Good luck!

getting the trophy a noble sacriface before this and choosing raid on that level voids the trophy. i know cause thats what i did and i didnt get the spel by beating game so i reloaded a backupsave ignore the noble sacriface map and i just unlocked the spel i will do noble sacriface now tho to unlock the deathblow
im basically saying the raid option appears on that map and it appears before choosing execute if you progress in game after getting the noble sacriface trophy (and having choosed raid) and then choose execute and raid the mangrave wont appear
edit: i was suppose to quote fryerisgod but i messed up sorry
Edited by luckyegg
added info

• 5 weeks later...

I’ve just finished my first playtrough, I only picked legion (red) choices. And unlocked these trophies: only listing unlockables 

Aquila Alliance

phantom parry

The restless rifle (order Winchester)

The unbreakable guard (order zulfiqar)

the solemn hermit (order Apollon)

the vengeful pike (chaos Longinus)

the volatile artillery (chaos Dardanelles)

a noble sacrifice 

the wild mallet (chaos mjolnir)

spoils of war

• 3 weeks later...

Iv followed the guide for gauntlet thrown for 3 extra playthroughs totalling 7 and i still cant get it to work, the games either broken or this information is incorrect.  Iv denied, refused, stayed neutral, imprisoned for 3 games.  The only place tellus shows up to announce the bleeding axe is at lost city courtyard, right at the end.  Hkw frustrating is this to play a full game 3 times for nothing?  Can we update this info to something more concrete, or is it just a crapshoot?   There have to be other choices and scenarios that are not taken into account here.  This is rediculous.  

Edit: so i couldnt let this go. Searched and searched and luckily a guy on the tubes recorded his blleding axe playthrough.  Nkt really editted well but all choices leading to this trophy were here and many were different from the op.  Like admonishing Antoinette etc.. instead of bing neutral.  Caused tellus to show up a couple stages before bragsen castle to announce bleeding axe.  Got the colosseum way before dyadds path.  Heres the link.

Edited by WhoooFlungPoo

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, since this is the only active thread talking about trophies and well, it's impossible to find any information, does anyone know what you need to do for the A Lonely Throne trophy? I finished the game and unlocked the epilogue I think? Not gonna spoil but the ending seemed pretty close to the trophy's namesake, yet I got nothing.

Damn, this game might have an interesting battle combat, but the trophies are a mess.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

On 2/20/2019 at 6:21 AM, scemopagliaccioh said:

Hey all, since this is the only active thread talking about trophies and well, it's impossible to find any information, does anyone know what you need to do for the A Lonely Throne trophy? I finished the game and unlocked the epilogue I think? Not gonna spoil but the ending seemed pretty close to the trophy's namesake, yet I got nothing.

Damn, this game might have an interesting battle combat, but the trophies are a mess.

You need to finish the game in New Game + so you can unlock that trophy. You will see the Epilogue as a stage just like the one you said you unlocked the first time.