TomiA-

Platinum difficulty?

20 posts in this topic

Hi guys, i was wondering how difficult the platinum is and how many hours of gameplay are required

Difficulty is 3/10 and about 35 hours

This is my favourite game but goddamn is it tiring to platinum. 😪

Especially tiresome since I went and downloaded the Beyond Touch app and for the life of me I can't get it to connect to my PS4 (an hour wasted) so without a second controller I'm up a certain creek. Unless of course someone can confirm that share play works for the the duo trophies?

2/10 difficulty with 'I dont play videogames' option, but as others already said when you have to replay the same long chapters multiple times its quickly become boring and overall kill all good experiences you might had from that game when playing it for the first time.

One thing I havent seen yet mentioned is you don't have to complete the whole chapter when going for chapter-specific trophy, they pop as soon as you reach next checkpoint and exit to main menu. Will easily cut ~3-5 hours from replays.

Edited by SuperZay

This is probably an old topic but honestly, if you are looking to play a game for the story cool.  Play it go for it.  Enjoy, because it is a very unique experience, and the more I played the more I was fascinated.  The original version didn't need to be out of order like it is, and the new Remixed order is more like a game.

Anyways, if you are looking to Platinum the game.  Do yourself a favor, use a guide.  Like right from the start.  The guide that we have here helps a lot.  Otherwise, you will be looking at hours of playtime with no unskippable scenes and hours of repetition. 

Even if you just want to play the game without spoilers because you don't want to do that the first time, well, again it's up to you, but if you use a guide, it will help you get to the Platinum trophy that much sooner.  The story is inmersive enough that you won't be spoiled out of big reveals unless you watch the videos.  I really wish I had played through the game saving everyone I could and because of one death I had no idea I could prevent, I missed out on the trophy, only to have to play the game once more, and then halfway through for the 2nd trophy related to NPC's alive or dead.  Just, use a guide. 

It's an amazing game and I came to appreciate the art and the visuals are great.  I just wish I didn't have to repeat levels over and over because of no skips.

Edit:  Oh right, and before you start your first playthrough.  Play the game on Duo mode right from the start.  Again look at the trophy guides and make sure that is one of the things you turned on right from the start.  It requires a 2nd controller, so that might be a problem, but playing Duo during your 1st playthrough will help you not have to go through a 2nd playthrough in Duo mode, not that it's a bad thing, but it's annoying having to pick up your 2nd controller everytime you switch to Aiden.

Edited by VraielRev

Has anyone around here tried this method? 🤔

IMG_20180608_WA0000_1.jpg

Many hunters on sister site have confirmed it works. I've tried myself for obtaining only the first 5 endings, so I can't confirm it until I get the All Endings trophy. 🤓 

Edited by zizimonster

I think 2 things epitomise how tedious grinding the platinum is;

1) The scene in Navajo when everything is hectic, all the dialogue is rushed and you need to complete the ritual but when you control Jodie she just casually strolls to each thing you need. Funny the first time, infuriating the next 4.

2) THE FACT YOU CANT SKIP THE END CREDITS - like seriously why is that a thing?

It's a 2/10. With chapter select it isn't any close to a grind and far less tedious than a game with missable trophies, online trophies, or require multiple playthroughs. 

On 8/6/2018 at 9:24 AM, zizimonster said:

Has anyone around here tried this method? 1f914.png

Many hunters on sister site have confirmed it works. I've tried myself for obtaining only the first 5 endings, so I can't confirm it until I get the All Endings trophy. 1f913.png 

I can now confirm this exploit works. Yay! 😀

So, after seeing Nathan's fate during Black Sun, all you need to do is back up your Game Save (not the Options one) to PS Cloud or a flashdrive. Reload the Game Save when you need to change ending.

20180604_063316.jpg

P.S. Thanks to the great person that found out about it on sister site. 🙏

Edited by zizimonster

On 10/06/2018 at 2:02 AM, zizimonster said:

I can now confirm this exploit works. Yay! 1f600.png

So, after seeing Nathan's fate during Black Sun, all you need to do is back up your Game Save (not the Options one) to PS Cloud or a flashdrive. Reload the Game Save when you need to change ending.

20180604_063316.jpg

P.S. Thanks to the great person that found out about it on sister site. 1f64f.png

Darn i wish i knew about this! Would have saved soooooo much time!!

On 2018-06-07 at 11:24 PM, zizimonster said:

Many hunters on sister site have confirmed it works. I've tried myself for obtaining only the first 5 endings, so I can't confirm it until I get the All Endings trophy. 1f913.png 

It works. I just did that same exact thing and I got the platinum. Doing this method I only had to play dark sun only twice (fully).

So you need to this at the point where you can choose 'life' or 'beyond'?

On 7/11/2018 at 6:44 AM, gamesfourever said:

So you need to this at the point where you can choose 'life' or 'beyond'?

Yup. Or you may do it just after deciding Nathan Dawkins' fate at the end of Black Sun.

This method has been tested by many. If you do it right, All Endings trophy will surely pop on the main menu after obtaining every single ending in the game.

On 6/7/2018 at 9:24 PM, zizimonster said:

As of September 3rd, yes this still works (PS4 digital version). Just remember that you have to upload the Save Data only! I made the mistake of also downloading the Options file. I learned the options not only set your settings (Solo vs Duo mode, chapter order, etc.) but it also saves the endings that you got. Just got my All Endings trophy! Now time to clean up a few chapters for the plat.

On 9/4/2018 at 5:11 AM, i-kicked-a-brit said:

As of September 3rd, yes this still works (PS4 digital version). Just remember that you have to upload the Save Data only! I made the mistake of also downloading the Options file. I learned the options not only set your settings (Solo vs Duo mode, chapter order, etc.) but it also saves the endings that you got. Just got my All Endings trophy! Now time to clean up a few chapters for the plat.

Yup, save data only AKA Game Save. I even provided a screenshot on which file to back up. :)

Edited by zizimonster

Apparently it saves the endings you have seen in the options file. Thanks, mr Cage. Appreciated.

Edit: Tested. Works like a charm:
If you choose chronological order, you have to replay less chapters for all alive/dead endings. To get all the trophies you still need to replay most of them at least twice, though.
Make sure everyone is either alive or dead. Backup save after Dawkins scene
Switch to hard difficulty to die quicker - die. Wait for credits to end. Restore save file only.
Play until choice and choose "Beyond". Credits. Restore save
Now choose "Alive" and any of the options. Wait for credits and choose Continue, no need to restore save anymore. Watch them all this way.

Rewind to Homeless (or earlier if you need other trophies), make sure all are alive/dead, opposite to your last playthrough.
Backup save at the same spot. You don't have to die before the choice anymore, if you did it last time.
Choose "Beyond", credits, restore save.
Choose "Alive" and "alone". Credits.
If this is your all dead ending, you should be done, if all alive, choose continue and watch the ones you didn't see last time.

Edited by Road2unner
Tested