Horror games of the past made to return

Lonemankane

Should ps2 horror games come to ps4?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should ps2 horror games come to ps4

• Yes (give reason for picking this)
    • No (give reason for picking this)

I have been looking at all the ps2 games I have and well been wondering why there has not been any real big horror games from ps2 coming to ps4. I then thought I make a small poll and ask everyone here if you think some horror game of old would return like fatal frame games or the old resident evil games that were on ps2 or even the suffering games as ps2 had a lot of good horror games and yeah.

What do you think all? And while you say what you think say what your favourite horror ps2 game is too.

For myself I would say yes as I want the suffering games and fatal frame games to come to ps4 as I never got to get everything done in the suffering games and for fatal frame I never got to play 2 only 1.

Edited by KANERKB

Yes, I hope they will remaster old horror games one day. My fav series are Resident Evil and Fatal Frame; however, I haven't play Fatal Frame IV and V since I don't own Nintendo console yet. Fatal Frame is the most scary PS2 game I ever play because of my country's "culture" which they believe ghosts exist.

It will be great if they remaster these games later:

1. Fatal Frame I - III

2. Resident Evil Dead Aim (I don't like Shooter genre; however, this game allows the players to control the character's movement, so they have time to aim and loot)

3. Clock Tower 3

4. Kuon

5. Rule of Rose (I haven't play this game yet, the game is too expensive nowadays)

5. Haunting Ground

• Like 2

Oh, yes! I love remastered versions of PS2 or 1 games. Our TVs nowadays weren't meant to host them, I can barely see what's written on my screen for all the blur. I second that vote for Fatal Frame and Rule of Rose. Give Rule of Rose another chance. 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2018 at 5:26 AM, KANERKB said:

I have been looking at all the ps2 games I have and well been wondering why there has not been any real big horror games from ps2 coming to ps4. I then thought I make a small poll and ask everyone here if you think some horror game of old would return like fatal frame games or the old resident evil games that were on ps2 or even the suffering games as ps2 had a lot of good horror games and yeah.

What do you think all? And while you say what you think say what your favourite horror ps2 game is too.

For myself I would say yes as I want the suffering games and fatal frame games to come to ps4 as I never got to get everything done in the suffering games and for fatal frame I never got to play 2 only 1.

Fatal frame will never happen, Nintendo shares ownership of the IP with TK

1 hour ago, Ayane Despair said:

Dreaming too much is good . but ps4 at the level of horror games doesn't come even close to far to ps1 and ps2

At least a lot came somehow already, there are a lot currently, like all those Resident Evils, few Silent Hills. Just the genre is not so popular and probably companies know that and do not want to risk to invest into this. 

25 minutes ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

At least a lot came somehow already, there are a lot currently, like all those Resident Evils, few Silent Hills. Just the genre is not so popular and probably companies know that and do not want to risk to invest into this. 

You mean silent hills (p.t.) ? that game is dead, and waiting for konami to release their games on ps4 it's like waiting to win the lottery.
You can try manhunt, good ps2 game
available on pstore
I would like to see dino crisis, rule of rose, hauting ground, clock tower with TROPHIES :D

1 minute ago, Ayane Despair said:

You mean silent hills (p.t.) ? that game is dead, and waiting for konami to release their games on ps4 it's like waiting to win the lottery.
You can try manhunt, good ps2 game
available on pstore
I would like to see dino crisis, rule of rose, hauting ground, clock tower with TROPHIES :D

Lol, I simply forgot that HD collection on PS3, not on PS4. 

Manhunt I liked back in the day, but not like to play it again, may be replay only level with revolvers, which I still didn't forget, like entire game and the sequel.

Didn't played Rule of Rose and Hauting Ground, I guess they were good, but Dino Crisis 1 and 2 and Clock Towers and Siren, Parasite Eve, all have to be at least ported to PS4. There is still hope about Dino Crisis as Capcom doing good right now all around RE, may be later on they will put their hands on this title.

6 hours ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Manhunt I liked back in the day, but not like to play it again, may be replay only level with revolvers, which I still didn't forget, like entire game and the sequel.

Didn't played Rule of Rose and Hauting Ground, I guess they were good, but Dino Crisis 1 and 2 and Clock Towers and Siren, Parasite Eve, all have to be at least ported to PS4. There is still hope about Dino Crisis as Capcom doing good right now all around RE, may be later on they will put their hands on this title.

Aw... Fatal Frame 2 was SO awesome... what a game. I still have the soundtrack "Butterfly" in my cellphone.

I played Haunting Ground and enjoyed it very much, specialy the puzzles and the alchemy machine thing, but i hated after the water tower. Oh and the bad ending got me terrified, lol. :giggle: The first Parasite eve was a genius work, the second was resident evil copy meh. Tho I watched the japanese horror movie for the Siren i couldn't bring myself to play it. DC was pretty good also, oddly, the japanese version was harder than the american version, the itens were more scarce.

6 hours ago, BG_painter said:

DC was pretty good also, oddly, the japanese version was harder than the american version, the itens were more scarce.

Nothing unusual, every Japanese horror, if not every game, have those challenges when Impossibru. People on west mostly dislike them.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

I think the first Siren game was ported to PS4, actually it’s just a PS2 classsic with trophy support on PS4. Siren: Blood Curse (PS3) was free on PS Plus a long time ago, I redeemed the game but I didn’t have time to play it.

I used to hunt first Siren game at GameStop stores. I found one costed $5 without manual/booklet at local GS store. As a video game collector, having an “incomplete” game is unforgivable, so I had to drive ~60 miles to reach another GS store where they had “complete in box” Siren in order to exchange it. I didn’t buy game online at that time, so local GS was the only place where I could buy games.

Once Dino Crisis 3 was released on Xbox only, Crapcom already killed this series. I doubt they will remaster these games unless they have nothing to sell. They also killed Onimusha, and favored Devil May Cry instead. If they didn’t give up on Onimusha, I should play a new Onimusha game (or at least remaster version) now instead of Nioh which I’m playing to remind me of my fav Onimusha series.

11 hours ago, BG_painter said:

Aw... Fatal Frame 2 was SO awesome... what a game. I still have the soundtrack "Butterfly" in my cellphone.

I played Haunting Ground and enjoyed it very much, specialy the puzzles and the alchemy machine thing, but i hated after the water tower. Oh and the bad ending got me terrified, lol. :giggle: The first Parasite eve was a genius work, the second was resident evil copy meh. Tho I watched the japanese horror movie for the Siren i couldn't bring myself to play it. DC was pretty good also, oddly, the japanese version was harder than the american version, the itens were more scarce.

At least Parasite Eve 2 is still better than the crappy “3rd one”. 

I watched that Japanese Siren movie as well. I didn’t understand the story when I watched it for the first time. I had to read the wiki and recalled the scenes I saw in order to understand the last part of the movie.

Edited by Leon Hasegawa
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Leon Hasegawa said:

At least Parasite Eve 2 is still better than the crappy “3rd one”. 

I watched that Japanese Siren movie as well. I didn’t understand the story when I watched it for the first time. I had to read the wiki and recalled the scenes I saw in order to understand the last part of the movie.

Did u play the crappy third one?
I didn't and i was always curious about it. Such a pity...

1 hour ago, BG_painter said:

Did u play the crappy third one?
I didn't and i was always curious about it. Such a pity...

Yes, I played The 3rd Birthday since day one. The game is either good or bad depending on your favorite game genre, just don’t compare it to Parasites Eve 1 and 2 then you have an “okay” game to play. Since I’m a huge fan of “3rd-person view” genre, so I actually did enjoy the game mechanic. I didn’t buy Resident Evil 7 because it doesn’t have 3rd-person view.

The 3rd Birthday is sometime on sale on PS store, so you can buy this game to play it on Vita in case you have one. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Leon Hasegawa said:

Yes, I played The 3rd Birthday since day one. The game is either good or bad depending on your favorite game genre, just don’t compare it to Parasites Eve 1 and 2 then you have an “okay” game to play. Since I’m a huge fan of “3rd-person view” genre, so I actually did enjoy the game mechanic. I didn’t buy Resident Evil 7 because it doesn’t have 3rd-person view.

The 3rd Birthday is sometime on sale on PS store, so you can buy this game to play it on Vita in case you have one. 

Oh, haven't heard about it, thanks for the info. Doubt it's live at my region, hope I'm wrong.

On 5/1/2018 at 9:19 PM, Bloodytears1666 said:

Im still from the time when youtube didn't exist and i played dino crisis without any help. I died a few times but i managed to dominate the game after 3 or 4 times from start to finish. the only thing that saved me was my classmates at school who happened to be gamers as well and helped me pass certain parts where i was blocked
But i would like to see these games on ps4 too, among with manhunt 2