wilwheaton5

Episode 1-3 Spoiler Discussion

6 posts in this topic

SPOILER ALERT!!! 

 

Hey everyone! I just finished the three main episodes recently and I thought I would post my thoughts and hear your guys thoughts as well! I was a bit scared going in, since this game was made by a different studio then first game, but I was thankfully not disappointed! As prequel I feel this game does everything it set out to do by building up Cloe as a character while also showing us the beginnings of characters we would see later in the first game. Cloe is the main highlight as we really get to explore her character and past in detail that the first game didn't. I also really enjoyed Cloe's more comical reactions to certain situations compared to Max, especially when you use the 'Back talk' system against other characters, some of the things Cloe's says had me laugh out loud quite a few times. Another funny moment was the play scene, which reminded me of the Play Quest in Witcher 3! The game also keeps theme of friendship the first game had with Cloe and Max and in the this game, Rachel and Cloe. I liked the dynamic Cloe and Rachel had, and Rachel was a very like able character! I also quite enjoyed the music, the game has a lot more licensed indie tracks then the first game did and i thought they played the best songs at the best moment, 'Burn It Down' by Daughter was my favorite! 

 

In terms of my negatives, they don't really bring down the game for me too much personally, but i thought i should bring them up. One was how they wrapped up episode 3, it felt a bit rushed to me. Like when you go at the end to confront Damon. he kicks Cloe around a bit, has Rachel's mom tied up to chair, then Frank shows up and they start to fight just as Cloe passes out. When Cloe wakes up, Rachel's mom is untied and smoking a cigarette and Frank supposedly beat Damon and buried the body? I just thought it was very rushed and did not feel as satisfying or emotional as it could of been. Also what was the point of Elliot? Throughout the game he just felt like a less interesting version of Warren, but then when he shows up towards the end of episode 3, judging all of Cloe (your) decisions throughout the game, I mean what was the point of all that? I understand Elliot is supposed to be obsessed with Cloe, but it felt very forced and unearned as a pay off. 

 

Overall though, I did enjoy this game, not as good as the first one but it earns the right to be its own game! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was boring AF. Without the time puzzle elements this was just a really slow game. The only thing that it had going for it was the sense of tragedy since you know what happened before the original game. I liked the ending because of that but the rest was poorly written, voice acted and drawn out and boring. Was regretting picking this one up to be honest. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 4:22 AM, Nipzie said:

It was boring AF. Without the time puzzle elements this was just a really slow game. The only thing that it had going for it was the sense of tragedy since you know what happened before the original game. I liked the ending because of that but the rest was poorly written, voice acted and drawn out and boring. Was regretting picking this one up to be honest. 

Sorry, you felt that way! I know Before the Storm is very divisive because I've met people who love it and people who found it boring. I just found it to be an interesting side story and I enjoyed Cloe as a protag. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wilwheaton5 said:

I know Before the Storm is very divisive because I've met people who love it and people who found it boring. I just found it to be an interesting side story and I enjoyed Cloe as a protag. 

 

i enjoyed playing and although I agree it was not quite as good as the first game, I wasn't disappointed. I liked seeing Rachel's part of the story and when I went back later to replay LiS1 it made the story even more tragic knowing what has happened. Some parts of Before the Storm were brilliant! One scene I loved was Chloe's part in the play. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/09/2019 at 3:49 AM, wilwheaton5 said:

Sorry, you felt that way! I know Before the Storm is very divisive because I've met people who love it and people who found it boring. I just found it to be an interesting side story and I enjoyed Cloe as a protag. 

Yeah it just didn't work at all for me. The writing was a bit cornier of that's possible and it just didn't jive. I went from pumped that they were making it to getting it but not getting around to it to...do I have to finish this? Felt like a point and click to hear pointless exposition...which in fairness was a lot like the first one but there wasn't enough "game" in this one to keep me invested. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 10:02 AM, sunnydaleAlumni said:

 

i enjoyed playing and although I agree it was not quite as good as the first game, I wasn't disappointed. I liked seeing Rachel's part of the story and when I went back later to replay LiS1 it made the story even more tragic knowing what has happened. Some parts of Before the Storm were brilliant! One scene I loved was Chloe's part in the play. 

Ya the level when you're in the play is the best! Reminded me of Witcher 3 when you had to perform in the play. I also love the section in the first episode where you play Dungeons and Dragons! 

On 9/18/2019 at 6:46 PM, Nipzie said:

Yeah it just didn't work at all for me. The writing was a bit cornier of that's possible and it just didn't jive. I went from pumped that they were making it to getting it but not getting around to it to...do I have to finish this? Felt like a point and click to hear pointless exposition...which in fairness was a lot like the first one but there wasn't enough "game" in this one to keep me invested. 

I get what you're saying! I guess we'll have to see what comes next. I'm waiting for life is strange 2 physical copy to come out so I get it and then play the game all in one go. I know Deck Nine is working on another game which people have speculated its either a before the storm sequel or something that ties in with the second game. I'm excited for either! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.