Beginner tips needed

I just started the game and was wondering if anybody had generic tips they wish they’d known from the start. I’m assuming it makes sense to finish the game at easy in each three classes, then move on to normal and so on.

All trophies seem grindy, but given you need to complete 3 classes x 5 difficulties x 78 levels, I’m hoping they’ll come naturally...

With Earth Defense Force games the general idea is to complete easy mode to slowly increase your max health and gain better equipment in order to be strong enough to tackle the next difficulty. It will be literally impossible to jump straight into inferno with the equipment you start with so you just have to play as much as possible on your current difficulty, get as much health and weaponry as possible and when you feel ready make the gradual climb in difficulty until you finally reach inferno. As for weapon choices shotguns and rocket launchers are very good usually but you'll want to experiment with everything you can and settle on something that suits your play style best and gives you the best results.

Earth Defense Force games are literally the kings of grindy platinum trophies. You have to be extremely patient with them, it can be annoying at first because you might feel underpowered but if you put the time in it will definitely become easier for you. Good luck.

• Like 3

I have 76 hours into the game now. Now the kill related Ultra rares Trophies starting too pop. In 110 hours you should be done with all 3 classes Easy/Normal/Hard difficulty. But after that the grind starts. Since you need to grind alote armor too even make Hardest difficulty then inferno after that. i say grind for 50 hours each character. Then you can do Inferno so about 250+300 hours plat. I recommend do each class on Easy and then Normal and Hard too get your completion up. After that Focus on your favorit and do Hardest and Inferno 

Edited by Tomy_IV

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2018 at 8:17 PM, visighost said:

I just started the game and was wondering if anybody had generic tips they wish they’d known from the start. I’m assuming it makes sense to finish the game at easy in each three classes, then move on to normal and so on.

All trophies seem grindy, but given you need to complete 3 classes x 5 difficulties x 78 levels, I’m hoping they’ll come naturally...

EDF 2 is by far, far, far the hardest of the EDF games. Insect Armageddon is easy except a tremendously boring grind, I'm just including the Sandlot ones.

When you'll reach hardest the game will become very difficult. Finishing the last few missions will be very tough (77...). On inferno around 10 or 15 missions are EXTREMELY hard, even with a ton of armor. Offline they're within reach of a handful of players, and no I'm not one of them. I have around 7000ish armor, I think it's almost impossible at this level.

I would recommend anyone trying to finish EDF 2 to play EDF 2025 / 4 or 4.1 before playing this one to get the mechanics of the game. Or go the easy way and find people online to do it for you. 99% of the plats have been done online.

All trophies will pop eventually. You'll have to farm the vehicles ones if you don't use them (they're mostly worthless), the 100% weapons is probably going to be a nightmare and the "Elite Rescuer" will require 120 different games co-op  (with 2 Vitas or online) as it only counts once per game, so farming is not feasible. And then there's the 3 inferno trophies...

Good luck.

• Like 1