"It Takes Bulls" Completion Challenge ( Final Completions Posted)

I'm definitely interested, but I do think a 10% increase in about 2 and a half months is going to be difficult for anyone with more games, especially if a lot of their games are longer and more grindy games.  The only way I could see me doing that is if I started and earned 1 trophy in multiple easy games before starting this.

To get an idea, where I'm at now a bronze trophy adds about 0.02-0.03% to my completion.  A silver is double that, and a gold triple.  A plat doesn't add anything by itself, though the process of getting a plat will certainly make it jump.  1-2% is very doable for me in a month, but people with more games in their profile may not even see a change to their completion for earning a single bronze anymore.  Only way I could do this is if I could do a goal of 4% increase.  It's doable, but not easily.

Actually, I do have an idea of a rough formula to figure out a fair minimum based on games played.  Take the total number of games played and divide 100 by that.  That's the percentage each game is worth for that player.  A fair minimum for something like this would probably be about 2-3 times that since it would be fair to expect a player to be able to complete 1 game's worth of trophies in a month at least.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

I'd be down for this, if I can do 5%. I have 365 games on my profile, so right now, I'm getting 0.01% for every 2-3 bronze trophies. There's no way I'll be able to do 10% in two months, even 5% is going to take a lot of work. I've been slowly working on getting past 70% and I've been trying to get rid of my backlog, so this would be a good motivation to really crack down on it and go back to games that have been sitting incomplete and at least finish up at least the story trophies.

5 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

I am game since I was planning on this anyway. But question when you say on your profile, do you mean to have atleast 1 earned or can you do 0s as long as they are preloaded

0s actually aren't counting towards your average completion yet and would lower it further once you get 1 trophy.

Is it too cumbersome to increase it to 20 participants?  That way if someone drops out for whatever reason, you still have a nice group.  

Also, are you offering any bling for the highest competitor?  Such as a patch like @Toogie53 is doing for Spring Fling.  

Edited by PermaFox
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, malachi1987 said:

@kingofbattle8174 are you ok if I add a bunch of games with just 1 trophy on them as I was going to be playing them anyways this summer? Or is there a cutoff date to whay can be played

Your fine until May 15th. If you want to add some titles to your profile for the start date, by all means. Depending on how many games you have already on your account, it shouldnt kill your percentage too much before hand. I may add a few myself. Experiment with a few titles. I already have an idea of where I will focus my attention for the challenge but that may change as I try out some titles.

52 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Your fine until May 15th. If you want to add some titles to your profile for the start date, by all means. Depending on how many games you have already on your account, it shouldnt kill your percentage too much before hand. I may add a few myself. Experiment with a few titles. I already have an idea of where I will focus my attention for the challenge but that may change as I try out some titles.

Cool deal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grifteskymfning said:

Sign me up!

Added, Welcome and good luck.

46 minutes ago, Fitzquaid said:

Cool idea for an event - the only thing keeping me from signing up is that the Dark Souls remaster and Detroit are both out on May 25th, and I don't think my willpower is that strong.

Thanks, this event was inspired by a fellow forum member and other members expressed interest if this person wasn't. I can understand that. I recently put down a great deal to get both Far Cry and Ni No 2 and well as Pillars of Eternity. So if I buy anything else I may be a dead man. So I will concentrate on what I have.