"It Takes Bulls" Completion Challenge ( Final Completions Posted)

2 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Congrats on Xanadu. I am on the final dungeon before the epilogue where you split into four groups. I am on the second group right now. I am splitting time between that and King Oddball. I am about 65% done on that. I may have to stop Yonder though and take a break on it. My wife says she is tired of seeing it, lol. I got two golds, so now I am just short of my 40% goal to reach by Friday. 

My advice to you is to make sure to get S ranks on those dungeons in your first playthrough.  Nightmare also makes the traps and platforming elements harder and S ranking stuff from about chapter 6 onwards is very hard on nightmare just because of the traps.  It's way easier when all you have to concern yourself with is finding all the treasure (treasure counter resets on NG+ so you have to find it all again on NG+ anyhow).  The epilogue dungeons on the first playthrough are easy to S rank, you'll probably get it on your first try.

The epilogue NG+ only dungeon is a pain in the ass.  It's a pallete shift of the last pillar with the pools that do damage.  Except you have the fun of having to do some platforming above it and if you fall, you land in one of those pools the majority of the time.  Oh and the last monster to kill is chapter 6's boss, amped up in difficulty and HP.  And that counts in your time and damage taken.  On top of that, there are multiple areas where you just get swarmed by monsters.  Keeping damage minimal in that dungeon is very difficult.  I said screw it and am saving it for this run since it's infinity mode on easy difficulty.  At least I found all the treasure and got all the greed details from that, couldn't get above a B rank on nightmare though on that one.  I've S ranked everything else though, the rest of the NG+ only dungeons are pretty easy.

Just crossed the threshold into 3%. Kind of been all over the place with this lately lol. 

Claire - 4 silver, 3 Gold

Family Game Night 3 - 5 bronze, 2 silver

Hue - 1 bronze, 1 silver, 1 gold earning me 100% in the game

Ratchet and Clank- 4 bronze, 6 silver, 1 gold

Rime - 10 bronze, 11 silver, 5 gold 1 platinum

Unravel - 1 silver

• Like 1

@ladynadiad

Thanks for the advice. I am already S ranked all the way up to the Briar Castle. Worked on some while flying this past weekend. I agree those darn traps are a pain in trying to get through. My plan after this playthrough is to do another on easy first to get all the remaining trophies, like bonding and whatever.  I will max out my equipment and elements to the best of the best.Then on the third go around I will do both nightmare and infinity mode and juat smash through the story as quick as possible with lots of cash for potions.

@JMFV4223

Just keep moving forward. Any progress is still progress. 

Edited by kingofbattle8174

1 minute ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

@ladynadiad

Thanks for the advice. I am already S ranked all the way up to the Briar Castle. Worked on some while flying this past weekend. I agree those darn traps are a pain in trying to get through. My plan after this playthrough is to do another on easy first to get all the remaining trophies, like bonding and whatever.  I will max out my equipment and elements to the best of the best.Then on the third go around I will do both nightmare and infinity mode and juat smash through the story as quick as possible with lots of cash for potions.

You might want to just do infinity with the easy run.  Infinity isn't much harder if you carry over everything.

And if you think the traps are hard now, they are a pain on nightmare.  Like one area in chapter 6 has those platforms that circle around the room and if you fall you land in a pool that does damage and inflicts heavy.  Well on nightmare you have two sets of platforms circling in the opposite directions, and a trap circling around that does a ton of damage, inflicts paralyze, and messes up your jump, guaranteeing you'll fall into the damage pool and if you are on the opposite side from the entrance that easily knocks out 2k HP.  That was likely the biggest pain of a trap in the whole game, but there are plenty of areas that are a pain to get past on nightmare.

Had a bit of a slow down this week, as I'm holding off for the Summer Camp and Summer Backlog challenge (Where I cannot have more than 20% completion for certain games).

Currently working through Atelier Totori :)

Initial: 78.78%

Current: 80.57%

This Weeks Change: +.93%

Total Increase: +1.79%

Edited by Yomako01

8 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I'll have the Tokyo Xanadu plat ready to pop for tomorrow for the additional challenge.  It was originally going to be that and Period Cube, but I accidentally popped Period Cube last night.

Im having book trouble. I swear I have them all but it is not popping. I made it to the epilogue. 

5 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Im having book trouble. I swear I have them all but it is not popping. I made it to the epilogue. 

If you have everything in the FAQ on GameFAQs, just keep going and finish up the quests.  You also need to have all the Morimiya News Flash Editions as well and the last one came for me while doing the quests in the epilogue.  Also make sure to read all the books you buy so they register on NiAR.

So, I've been progressing of Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus trophywise. I already finished the 3 storylines and unlocked the 4th one (the Crimson Squad story). After clearing Crimson Squad's story and side missions, I just need to get the miscelleanous ones. I've been progressing on Final Fantasy 7 even though it will take a while to unlock the rest of the trophies. Most of them will be unlocked before endgame, it seems, so...

4 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

Life is Strange finished on June 1st, for the added challenge.

Time to go through some of the older games in my backlog, just realised that I have six stacks of Saints Row to finish...

Good deal, congrats. On Monday I will add a new one. Still puzzling it over what it will be.

@kingofbattle8174

Starting Percantage: 35.86%

Week One: 37.02%

Week Two: 39.43%

Week Three: 40.61

Weekly Increase: 1.18%

Total Increase: 4.75%

@ladynadiad

Starting Percentage: 83.34%

Week One: 85.20%

Week Two: 86.97%

Week Three: 89.00%