"It Takes Bulls" Completion Challenge ( Final Completions Posted)

3 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

The most amazing thing for me is that I haven't started anything new.

I've been itching to try out Fallout Shelter and Final Fantasy XV but have so far been able to control myself.

I have been able to do the same. Even with downloading Fallout. I need to start knocking out some if the games I have lined up for Summer Camp soon though.

23 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

The most amazing thing for me is that I haven't started anything new.

I've been itching to try out Fallout Shelter and Final Fantasy XV but have so far been able to control myself.

I know that feeling, man! I don't know how I didn't start a new game yet, but seems I'm hanging on pretty good. Watching my % going up and more 100% games makes me feel good, real good. :)

@Caju_94 Just looking at your profile, you can knock out most of Journey easily and Hue seems to be easy enough.

If you need any Rocket League help, gimme a buzz as I have the GOTY version too.

Is the DmC on PS4 easier than the original? I don't see anything about completing it on Hell or Hell mode...

2 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Caju_94 Just looking at your profile, you can knock out most of Journey easily and Hue seems to be easy enough.

If you need any Rocket League help, gimme a buzz as I have the GOTY version too.

Is the DmC on PS4 easier than the original? I don't see anything about completing it on Hell or Hell mode...

Yeah... I just to cross-save Hue to the PS4 because when I'm on the bus I'm too tired to solve puzzles, so right now I'm playing Ratchet & Clank and Spy Chameleon on my Vita. As for Journey, waiting for a free day on my weekend so I can focus on the collectibles and completing the game with a random person.

I'd appreciate the help for the Rocket League ones.

Yes, the PS4 version of DmC is easier than the PS3. You don't need to complete it on Hell or Hell mode... Just up to Dante Must Die.

• Like 1

@Caju_94 - It also shouldn't be too bad to get some more trophies in FF7.  Just looked at that list and it's way easier than the PC version was since you don't need to get all types of materia and/or max out one of each kind and even the PC version was pretty easy, for a FF game.  The only pain in the butt thing is really going to be maxing level on a character, once you've done that everything else is pretty much a piece of cake.

Journey also is a very easy 100%, but Companion can be annoying and/or frustrating if you have bad luck in matchups like I did.  If you do, just take a break and keep trying.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

On ‎22‎-‎06‎-‎2018 at 7:25 PM, ladynadiad said:

@Caju_94 - It also shouldn't be too bad to get some more trophies in FF7.  Just looked at that list and it's way easier than the PC version was since you don't need to get all types of materia and/or max out one of each kind and even the PC version was pretty easy, for a FF game.  The only pain in the butt thing is really going to be maxing level on a character, once you've done that everything else is pretty much a piece of cake.

Journey also is a very easy 100%, but Companion can be annoying and/or frustrating if you have bad luck in matchups like I did.  If you do, just take a break and keep trying.

I've been progressing on FF7 very slowly, and yeah, I just need to be careful with the missable stuff and the rest will be smooth. About maxing level on a character, are you considering the x3 faster game cheat and god mode... I'm playing most of the game with the x3 faster game cheat, except the battles I must pay a little more attention. I'm thinking about only using god mode to grind the Limit Breaks and eventually maxing out a character (after beating Sephiroth first of course).

1 hour ago, Caju_94 said:

I've been progressing on FF7 very slowly, and yeah, I just need to be careful with the missable stuff and the rest will be smooth. About maxing level on a character, are you considering the x3 faster game cheat and god mode... I'm playing most of the game with the x3 faster game cheat, except the battles I must pay a little more attention. I'm thinking about only using god mode to grind the Limit Breaks and eventually maxing out a character (after beating Sephiroth first of course).

I dont like overusing god mode myself. I used it enough ensure I get Aerith's final limit break. Since she is the toughest to get since her time in the game is so short. You do miss stuff with it like aquiring the enemy spells. I keep meaning to go back myself and finish it. It is such a fun game and one of the easier FF plats.

This weeks stats are in. @Caju_94 has a firm lead on this competition. I see that for most the lure of new games has led many to forgo and I appreciate the fortitude of those that have seen it through this far without starting a new game. Does everyone still want to participate in this or should we adjust to end date so people can move on to other things?

@kingofbattle8174

Starting Percantage: 35.86%

Month One: 41.52%

Week 5: 42.54%

Total Increase: 6.68%

@ladynadiad

Starting Percentage: 83.34%

Month One: 90.63%

Week 5: 91.09%

Total Increase: 7.75%

@malachi1987

Starting Percentage: 42.76%

Month One: 43.23% 

Week 5: 43.20%

Total Increase:  .44

@Koromaru

Starting Percentage: 27.94%

Month One: 28.65%

Week 5: 28.96%

Total Increase: 1.02%

@PermaFox

Starting Percentage: 33.92%

Month One: 36.05%

Week 5: 36.34%

Total Increase: 2.42%

@grifteskymfning

Starting Percentage: 65.78%

Month One: 69.87%

Week 5: 69.72%

Total Increase: 3.94%

@MoneyShotxox

Starting Percentage: 77.67%

Month One: 78.05%

Week 5: 77.94%

Total Increase: 0.27%

@Caju_94

Starting Percentage: 74.90%

Month One: 84.60%

Week 5: 87.31%

Total Increase: 12.41%

@JMFV4223

Starting Percentage: 72.26%

Month One: 76.35%

Week 5: 77.03%

Total Increase: 4.77%

@Yomako01

Starting Percentage: 78.78%

Week One: 80.86%

Week 5: 81.35%

Total Increase: 2.57%

@Psy-Tychist

Starting Percentage: 53.62%

Month One: 53.92%

Week 5: 54.16%

Total Increase: 0.54%

@Fitzquaid

Starting Percentage: 42.00%

Month One: 44.73%

Week 5: 45.09%

Total Increase: 3.09%

@FreddySM14

Starting Percentage: 86.01%

Month One: 86.53%

Week 5: 86.73%

Total Increase: 0.72%

@Toogie53

Starting Percentage: 54.73%

Month One: 56.04%

Week 5: 57.29%

Total Increase: 2.56%

@donut_plz

Starting Percentage: 54.63%

Month One: 55.19%

Week 5: 56.01%

Weekly Increase: 1.28%

• Like 2

I like the idea of this challenge except for the no new games part. Id prefer it to be purely based on percentage instead as I have a ton of games in my backlog that are not on my profile yet. Just my 2 cents if it matters.. ^_^

Edited by donut_plz

1 hour ago, donut_plz said:

I like the idea of this challenge except for the no new games part. Id prefer it to be purely based on percentage instead as I have a ton of games in my backlog that are not on my profile yet. Just my 2 cents if it matters.. ^_^

When I do this again, I will keep that in mind.

I'm going to agree that the no starting new games really made it a bit too easy since that was easily worked around by starting all my VNs in advance and then I had a huge increase just by finishing them.  Had I been allowed to start a new game it would have been much more of a challenge since I would have left starting a new VN until I finished the last and had less of an increase.  My slowdown isn't entirely because of me moving this month, it's that I no longer have any easy trophies left.

2 hours ago, donut_plz said:

Seconded. I think this was a great idea for an event though. I was planning on staying clean and not starting new games, but someone lent me a game and didn't want to hang onto it for two months without even touching it. After that, the cat was out of the bag anyway, so I just did what I wanted as far as new or old games goes. It might also be beneficial if you split people into brackets based on number of games on their profile. I mean, I'd have to finish off like 30 games to get a rise like Caju who only had 30 something games to begin with. I've finished off several games so far and only got about a 2.5% increase. It would be better if there were no new games added but still its more fun to compete if there's an actual shot at being victorious. I'm not saying it's unfair though. The rules were clear up front. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

It might also be beneficial if you split people into brackets based on number of games on their profile. I mean, I'd have to finish off like 30 games to get a rise like Caju who only had 30 something games to begin with. I've finished off several games so far and only got about a 2.5% increase. It would be better if there were no new games added but still its more fun to compete if there's an actual shot at being victorious. I'm not saying it's unfair though. The rules were clear up front. 

Another idea could be to do personal goals based on a formula going from the number of games you have and then the competition is more a race to see who can meet their goal first and who can actually make it to the finish line to begin with.  If goals are weighted depending on number of games, the playing field would be a lot more even.

I'm pretty happy with my progression and I'm starting to get real close to my 90% new goal. I have just started my second Ratchet & Clank HD playthrough in which I can get most trophies easily now. Other games like FF7, Worms Battlegrounds and Rocket League still have a nice amount of trophies to get.

I understand what you are saying @Toogie53. Having the higher percentage increase does not mean I am the one completing more games and/or doing more efforts on completing them. I thought about not participating first, to be honest, but I have a big tendency to start new games before finishing others, mainly now that I have quite a big backlog due to these last sales. So I decided to participate and get at my percentage to at least 85%~90%, since it can increase more easily due to the fact I have few games on my profile compared to other players. That way, in the future, my percentage will start to stabilize and stay high, considering that I want to 100%/platinum most of the games I currently own.

It is very probable that I will start a new game before the 31st of July and lose my possible spot to the "Champion" title. That is, there is still a month to go and I've been progressing quicker than I thought. Plus, starting this week, I'm going to have more time for gaming, since my boyscouts group is partially closed for the Summer, and I will have two weeks of vacations in July (Even though I will be at least camp for one week). Plus, I only have 3 games in progress on my Vita, which are: Spy Chameleon, Hue and Ratchet & Clank. I believe I can finish them or get most of their trophies before the event ends, plus I have Vita games that I really want to start., and games like Hue and Spy Chameleon are not the best ones to play on the bus on a daily basis, at least for me. :P

Last week, I also tried to go back to Assassins' Creed Brotherhood, and I just couldn't. I got bored too quickly... I started to go back to DmC yesterday and grind a little and got myself bored again... Which means I won't probably platinum them for now, even though they are in my backlog for almost 1 year, but oh well. The most important thing in gaming is to have fun and enjoy, and I will start a new game if I start to seriously lose the fun factor. So I guess I'm going to be a Capricious guy, as the rules of the event state (unless, I somehow have a change of mind and manage to not start a new game).

I also like and agree with the suggestions that appeared on this page. I agree with @ladynadiad that we could try to create a formula that could help these kind of competition get more even and interesting for everyone. Still, I love the concept of this event, and thanks @kingofbattle8174 for having the idea!

Edited by Caju_94
  • Like 1

My only complaint is this was geared to people with low amount of games started. For someone like me who truly haven't completed alot. Earning 5% alone would've been an almost impossible task if I gamed all the time.

Should be based on what the biggest loser did and have it based on an overall increase if that makes sense 

2 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

Ok, so I confess that today I started a new game, going back to 86%. I could not resist much, since I was getting tired of the current games I was playing and needed some fresh air. Still, I am >10% than when I started!

How does that old Queen song go? Oh yah, "Another One Bites the Dust". ???.

• Like 1

Still playing by the rules here, but my progress has ground to a halt between a holiday last week and a heatwave this week.  Maybe we'll get back to normal British weather soon...

(Hemiak's just announced a Kill Your Completion event for July, so I must admit it's tempting to go back to the dark side and throw away my improved percentage already.  ?)

6 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

How does that old Queen song go? Oh yah, "Another One Bites the Dust". ???.

Hahaha, well, I just couldn't wait (I already warned that this would happen anyway). I think that my main goal with this event is completed... Having >85%. 90%> was just an extra objetive but I decided to stop by the 88,4%. Still, I do not regret it... :P If the event ended this month, then I would wait, but since I'm going to have more free time starting this week, nop! xD