"It Takes Bulls" Completion Challenge ( Final Completions Posted)

May as well update on my progress:

Time and Eternity: 4 trophies earned (1 bronze, 2 silver, 1 gold)

Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Evolution: 6 trophies earned (6 bronze)

Bad Apple Wars: 21 trophies earned (1 bronze, 13 silver, 6 gold, 1 platinum)

Tokyo Xanadu: 20 trophies earned (15 bronze, 4 silver, 1 gold)

Starting completion: 83.34%

Current completion: 85.41% (+2.07%)

So I finished Bad Apple Wars which was a really good game with a neat concept.  The protag gets hit by a truck in the beginning and ends up at some weird school for dead kids and is told to be a good apple and follow the rules and she'll graduate.  Of course she quickly finds out that there is more to it than that because following the rules means losing your memories and sense of self.  Very neat concept and story and I liked all the characters you can romance.

And I also got the the final chapter in Tokyo Xanadu, which pretty much amounts to all the stuff I'd been doing all game is paying off to the tune of lots of trophies.  Still have to do at least 1 more playthrough, though I'll likely do two because nightmare + infinity mode sounds brutal.  But I did pull off doing all the quests, getting all the master cores, all books and all recipe data this run and next one is pretty much the rest of the bonding trophies, friends page and the NG+ only dungeons.  Right now I'm working on S ranking all the dungeons before moving on to NG+ since I've seen a lot of advice to get all of the ones you have access to S ranked in the first run to make things much easier.

Not sure which of the VNs I should play next though.  Any thoughts on if I should go for Period Cube, Root Letter or Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms next?  I'll finish all of them eventually but I'd like to hear thoughts on which of those three has the best plot.  I started with Bad Apple Wars because the premise intrigued me while getting the first trophy.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

Well after a fantastic trip with my gf and daughter to Michigan's upper peninsula I'm ready to give my system a go. The Vita served well on the six hour car ride there and six on the way back so I can't complain too much. Figured I would state my progress since 5/16/18 10:00PM Est.

Family Game Night 3 - 3 gold

Revenant Saga - 4 bronze

And last but not least the game that kept most of my attention all week and what I believe to be a great sequel and a masterpiece

Yomawari: Midnight Shadows - 1 platinum / 4 gold / 11 silver / 17 bronze. 

Sitting at 73.71% now and ready to tackle the next one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Not sure which of the VNs I should play next though.  Any thoughts on if I should go for Period Cube, Root Letter or Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms next?  I'll finish all of them eventually but I'd like to hear thoughts on which of those three has the best plot.

I know nothing of Period Cube but it can be finished in less than 3 hours. Skipping dialogue obviously but still rather short. 

Edo Blossoms follows on from Kyoto Winds in story, at least in premise but not much else.

Root Letter is about the search for a pen pal who disappeared 15 years ago but finds a letter that was meant to be sent to him for said missing girl and the search to find out what happened.

I dont know if that helps much.

18 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

And I also got the the final chapter in Tokyo Xanadu, which pretty much amounts to all the stuff I'd been doing all game is paying off to the tune of lots of trophies.  Still have to do at least 1 more playthrough, though I'll likely do two because nightmare + infinity mode sounds brutal.  But I did pull off doing all the quests, getting all the master cores, all books and all recipe data this run and next one is pretty much the rest of the bonding trophies, friends page and the NG+ only dungeons.  Right now I'm working on S ranking all the dungeons before moving on to NG+ since I've seen a lot of advice to get all of the ones you have access to S ranked in the first run to make things much easier.

Just use Asuka/Misuki/Kou and spam magic attack from afar

Since there's new dungeons that unlock after first playthrough ?

18 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Not sure which of the VNs I should play next though.  Any thoughts on if I should go for Period Cube, Root Letter or Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms next?  I'll finish all of them eventually but I'd like to hear thoughts on which of those three has the best plot.  I started with Bad Apple Wars because the premise intrigued me while getting the first trophy.

I like Hakuoki best of three. It's not just romance but also give knowledge of Edo time in Japan, ancient battle tactics and samurai in general. But some of VA really not fitting the characters (Kaito!!) And you need replaying the same thing for different ending. Even though I guess that very common in VN. ?

Period cube is ok. The settings also different (game online in pc) making your romance not limited just to humans lol. The music also nice and cheerful. ?

Root letter really meh. Typical high school romance. And I don't really like the main character. He is kinda slow and over reacting. But the gameplay offer alot than just read and press x. There's a investigation part that reminds me of Danganronpa, you free to roam the city, and there's a collectible. Nothing perfect really. (Unless its Persona 5 ?)

21 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I like Hakuoki best of the three you named. You played Stories of the Shinsengumi already, so there's bound to be some repetition, but the new routes and scenes are well worth it. I'm playing Edo Blossoms myself right now and really enjoy it.

Next would be Root Letter, but Period Cube is not that far behind. The plot is average at best and the different ending routes don't fit together, which I didn't like. The characters are a bit lacking when it comes to emotions and the dialogue can be a bit bland. However I did like the premise and found the true ending to be quite touching.

Period Cube just wasn't for me. I liked some of the routes, but some of the other characters were too obnoxious to be actually likable. Sure wish there would have been a route for Natsu...

Got a few more Deadpool, Senran Kagura and Sound Shapes trophies.

Now, my completion percentage is 1,97% higher. It's Wednesday and it has been a better week than the previous one already. I hope to get Sound Shapes platinum this week, plus some DLCs! 4% left to get 80%!!!

13 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

Well figured with my latest life revelations I decided to just play whatever and started new game but still got a .13 % increase1f601.png

Noooo, not so soon. Resist the dark side people.

2 hours ago, Yomako01 said:

Gained from the last week, from 78.78% to 80.46% and finally 100% completing Fallout New Vegas

Very nice, almost at a whole 2%. Keep it going.

I myself have a 12 hour appointment with my vita today so I should make some good progress while sitting there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Noooo, not so soon. Resist the dark side people.

But Detroit is out tomorrow and it's getting good reviews...

ygUijrQ.jpg

Anyway, here's a late update on Week 1.

Playing:

• Burnout Paradise Remastered
  • Demon Gaze 2
  • Yakuza Kiwami

I'm in the early game of all three; quite a few trophies earned, but almost all of them were bronze, which is how I discovered that they're only worth about 0.01% completion for me.

Completed:

• Wheels of Aurelia
    • Started last year but found it pretty obnoxious because of the sections where you need to drive slowly and avoid any collisions, but you can't brake or slow down, and the collision detection is garbage.  This time I had the bright idea (i.e. obvious to everyone except me) of using the slowest car in the world for those routes, which took the gameplay to the level of 'not horrible'. 
  • Tacoma
    • My pick for May's Monthly Madness, which I really enjoyed - a sci-fi game from the team who made Gone Home.  At the end of the game you're free to go back and get any trophies you missed, so it's a very easy 100% as well.
  • The Sexy Brutale
    • A time-travel puzzle game; I'd completed the story last year, so I just spent an hour or so with a collectibles guide to wrap it up.  (And I still managed to miss one card anyway...)
  • Yakuza 0
    • Well, "completed" for now.  I love the Yakuza games, but I don't know if I'll ever get 100% in one of them.

Overall Trophies:

:bronze: x 36, :silver: x 7, :gold: x 16 and :platinum: x 3, for a 1.35% increase overall.  I expect my scores to go downhill very quickly from here...

• Like 1

Just got my second platinum for this event in Rime. Going to work on Unravel for a bit but work 12 hours tonight and another 12 tomorrow so going to get some Vita time in when things are slow at work. Going to finish Claire hopefully during that time. Hope everyone is making great strides! 

Edited by JMFV4223
  • Like 1

Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Evolution: 13 trophies earned (13 bronze)

Tokyo Xanadu: 21 trophies earned (16 bronze, 4 silver, 1 gold)

Period Cube: Shackles of Amadeus: 14 trophies earned (10 bronze, 4 silver)

Current completion: 85.92% (+2.58%)

Made some pretty good progress this week.  Only have two chapters left on my first run of Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Evo.  Just finished getting S ranks in all the first playthrough eclipses in Tokyo Xanadu and started my nightmare run.  Definitely making good progress towards those plats.

I decided to run with playing Period Cube of the VNs so far.  It's okay, but the romances feel very rushed since the game is short.  Only 3 routes left on that one.  If I don't end up being able to get Time and Eternity on the 1st, that will be my plat for the 1st.  Still aiming to make Tokyo Xanadu my 50th plat, so I'm probably going to have to hold back on some plats in the meantime but that doesn't mean I can't prep a bunch of plats to pop after that and keep getting trophies.  After all, my goal is to get under 200 unearned trophies, 95% completion, 10 or less incomplete games, 5 or less incomplete PS3 games and everything else at A ranks by the end of the year so any trophies earned will be progress.

• Like 2

I managed to 100% Sound Shapes which actually raised me lots of %. I'm right now between 81% ~ 82% (I was around 74% initially). This may be the best week in terms of % progress. Since most of the trophies I got left are grindier, I won't raise the % as fast as last week, but still, I will reach my 85% rather easily. I believe I can put my % rate higher than 90% by the end of the event. It is probably I might start a new game on my Vita, since I only got Hue, Senran Kagura and Ratchet & Clank left to complete... We will see about it.

• Like 2

Week two is over and I see some big leaps in percentage, including myself. I hope this trend continues as the challenge goes on.

@kingofbattle8174

Starting Percantage: 35.86%

Week One: 37.02%

Week Two: 39.43%

Weekly Increase: 2.41%

Total Increase: 3.57%

@ladynadiad

Starting Percentage: 83.34%

Week One: 85.20%

Week Two: 86.97%

Weekly Increase: 1.77%

Total Increase: 3.63%

@ExHaseo

Starting Percentage: 66.30%

Week One: 66.30%

Week Two: 66.30%

@malachi1987

Starting Percentage: 43.76%

Week One: 42.96% 

Week Two: 42.98%

Weekly Increase: .02%

Total Increase: .22%

@Koromaru

Starting Percentage: 27.94%

Week One: 27.88%

Week Two: 27.92%

Increase: .04%

@PermaFox

Starting Percentage: 33.92%

Week One: 34.11%

Week Two: 34.78%

Weekly Increase: .67%

Total Increase: .86%

@grifteskymfning

Starting Percentage: 65.78%

Week One: 67.82%

Week Two: 68.91%

Weekly Increase: 1.09%

Total Increase: 3.13%

@MoneyShotxox

Starting Percentage: 77.67%

Week One: 77.83%

Week Two: 77.90%

Weekly Increase: .07%

Total Increase: 0.23%

@Caju_94

Starting Percentage: 74.90%

Week One: 75.85%

Week Two: 81.79%

Weekly Increase: 5.94%

Total Increase: 6.89%

@JMFV4223

Starting Percentage: 72.26%

Week One: 73.49%

Week Two: 74.90%

Weekly Increase: 1.41%

Total Increase: 2.64%

@Yomako01

Starting Percentage: 78.78%

Week One: 79.64%

Week Two: 80.52%

Weekly Increase: .88%

Total Increase: 1.74%

@Psy-Tychist

Starting Percentage: 53.62%

Week One: 53.75%

Week Two: 53.85%

Weekly Increase: .10%

Total Increase: 0.23%

@Fitzquaid

Starting Percentage: 42.00%

Week One: 43.35%

Week Two: 43.77%

Weekly Increase: 0.42%

Total Increase: 1.77%

@CJ_Mystery

Starting Percentage: 88.24%

Week One: 88.33%

Week Two: 88.33%

Total Increase: .09%

@FreddySM14

Starting Percentage: 86.01%

Week One: 86.11%

Week Two: 86.20%

Weekly Increase: .09%

Total Increase: 0.19%

@Toogie53

Starting Percentage: 54.73%

Week One: 55.31%

Week Two: 55.87%

Weekly Increase: .56%

Total Increase: 1.14%

@donut_plz

Starting Percentage: 54.63%

Week One: 54.67%

Week Two: 54.54%

@OBFuzzyLLama

Starting Percentage: 06.44%

Week One: 06.51%

Week Two: 06.51%

Total Increase: .07%

@ApriIis

Starting Percentage:77.04%

Week One:78.86%

Week Two: 78.79%

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 3

Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Evolution: 13 trophies earned (13 bronze)

Tokyo Xanadu: 30 trophies earned (21 bronze, 8 silver, 1 gold)

Period Cube: Shackles of Amadeus: 30 trophies earned (16 bronze, 10 silver, 4 gold)

√Letter: 2 trophies earned (2 bronze)

Current completion: 87.01% (+3.67%)

Well, as far as an update goes for me, I started and finished my nightmare run in Tokyo Xanadu this weekend.  The last few areas were pretty brutal and I couldn't seem to S rank the last NG+ only one, so I'm saving that for my infinity run instead  Just started the infinity run and am already up to chapter 4.  It's amazing how quickly I can blow through the chapters when I only need to cover the bare minimum to proceed in the story now since I pretty much just have to get to the end, S rank that last area, and then beat it on infinity mode and I've got my plat.  So glad I didn't do nightmare + infinity.

Finished up the last routes in Period Cube, and that's what really made my completion go up by a lot since I gained over 0.60% just from finishing that last route.  Only have one trophy left, and I'm saving it for June 1st.  Went back to Root Letter now and finished two chapters and got my completion over 87% now.

• Like 1

Congrats on Xanadu. I am on the final dungeon before the epilogue where you split into four groups. I am on the second group right now. I am splitting time between that and King Oddball. I am about 65% done on that. I may have to stop Yonder though and take a break on it. My wife says she is tired of seeing it, lol. I got two golds, so now I am just short of my 40% goal to reach by Friday.