WARNING! Corrupted Save Files

DennisBosater

So, today I was playing this game with my GF and at one point we used the kazoo to fast travel back to town.
The game slowed down immensely and some graphical errors accured followed by an error and forced shutdown of the game.
When we rebooted it we got greeted by a message saying the save data was corrupted and could not be loaded.
All our gameplay, grinding, coins, stickers etc. lost.

Just wanted to give everybody some heads up that the game seems to be quite buggy and you might want to hold that purchase until the game is patched and game breaking bugs are fixed.

• Like 1

Hey, Same thing happened to me and a friend (Playing Shareplay co-op) what we're doing now is every time Shareplay is about to end i quit the game and make a back up save to the cloud, not ideal i know but it's a precaution that's working well at the moment as we had another freeze and error screen shortly after saving, so we didn't lose much progress. Hope this helps anyone having the same issue!

You have to wait until the white shades are gone.

It may take a little longer, but it fixes it.

If it's the bus, simply return to main menu and.continue playing

If it's the map you're on, you actually have to manage to use the kazoo to change into a completly differen area (or move by yourself there) and also return to main menu and continue..

16 minutes ago, Rhevarr said:

You have to wait until the white shades are gone.

It may take a little longer, but it fixes it.

If it's the bus, simply return to main menu and.continue playing

If it's the map you're on, you actually have to manage to use the kazoo to change into a completly differen area (or move by yourself there) and also return to main menu and continue..

Although, all the methods you have stated are really helpful and do work for the majority especially for the bus, sometimes the game refuses to let you quit out or use the Kazoo, which in turn end's up booting you to a blue error screen, when restarting as the OP said, all progress is corrupted.

Spoiler

I learnt the hard way, I'd gotten all Penguins, delivered a couple sets of orbs allowing for more days, All audio logs and even beaten Mormo a bunch of times on route to breaking the curse. The only thing that i didn't have is All the Toys.

I'd overlooked the Cloud feature and had to start over. So as much as i highly agree with your fixes, i'd still highly recommend backing up a save to the Cloud, just in case.

Edited by NinjaChibusa

8 hours ago, Killbomb said:

This happened to somebody else on another forum as well. Going to put this one on hold until it's patched since there also seems to be a bug that can cause you to lose all money upon closing the application and restarting. 

I've run into the money issue, but didn't find it to be that big of a deal.  Pretty easy to farm money in the game, but I do hope they patch this.

On 5/3/2018 at 3:54 AM, chickenbaltipie said:

happened to my and my wife (local coop) - entered the shop, bought some stuff for the finale, when leaving the shop the game speeded up really quickly, then stuck in the loading screen until we had to shut it down - corrupted!

This exact thing happened to me and my wife last night

The patch was already downloaded when I got home, turned it on and it uploaded my save to my character just running and I couldn’t move her. Then after I restarted the save again key places on the map just were not located where they said they should be. Then the kazoo only went to one place when all were found. Idk what happened but now my progress is bugged post patch. 

1 hour ago, NaseemJohn said:

Care to explain a bit? I don’t want to waste anymore time on this game if it’s just as buggy as before. 

There are many more glitches than before. The map are completely screwed up causing you to spawn infinitely running into trees with nowhere to go making you force quit out. Dungeons will lock you in rooms with no way out forcing closure. And just stay away from the beach dude it causes crazy glitches. I'm on my last run to end the curse and I'm just going to wait and see if they fix it ?Sadly I really like this game but it's just so buggy right now

32 minutes ago, Gennasuke said:

There are many more glitches than before. The map are completely screwed up causing you to spawn infinitely running into trees with nowhere to go making you force quit out. Dungeons will lock you in rooms with no way out forcing closure. And just stay away from the beach dude it causes crazy glitches. I'm on my last run to end the curse and I'm just going to wait and see if they fix it 1f614.pngSadly I really like this game but it's just so buggy right now

Same here. Really enjoyed it but all the bugs just pissed me off. 

I stopped playing last night after having to sit through a major glitch in my game and then reloading the game after a freeze that caused me to lose all my money. I like the game, it's just difficult to love it for what it is when constant problems are coming up.

• Like 1

Yes, the patch is good and has solved a lot of problems, but not the corrupted save files! ?

Yesterday I lost more than 6 hours of gameplay because of this error. They should change the saves system: we should be able to make manuals backups, and/or have several backup slots.

Only 1 auto-save is not a good idea, specialy when it's so bugged.

• Like 1

After downloading the patch, I ran into one major error.  Places where mixed up and I would get stuck in a tree or wall when going to a new screen.  I just let the time on the game run out, which sent me to the end boss battle.  After I won that, the game reloaded to the new character.  Haven't had a single glitch since.  It's nice not having my money start at $0 every time now.

Had a world saved before downloading the latest patch, going into it I found some of the overworld places such as the Penguin Bomber cave and Offering stones have merged together on the map with only the offering stones being there when I visit that location, also should there being two offering stone places on one map?

14 hours ago, HornieDee88 said:

Had a world saved before downloading the latest patch, going into it I found some of the overworld places such as the Penguin Bomber cave and Offering stones have merged together on the map with only the offering stones being there when I visit that location, also should there being two offering stone places on one map?

Same, got into the game yesterday after hearing patch 1.06 did a good job. The map I was currently on was all messed up but i finished it and in the next map all seems to be accurate.

Since patch 1.06 if you beat Mormo EVERYTHING you have will carry over to the next game which is awesome.
Tons of stickers, toys, food items etc.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DennisBosater said:

Since patch 1.06 if you beat Mormo EVERYTHING you have will carry over to the next game which is awesome.
Tons of stickers, toys, food items etc.

Yea noticed that too, the 12 legendary stickers become much easier