About the state of this section, tag making and battles / tournaments

Pustur

Hello my artsy fellas,

A long time ago, i used to make signatures and similar stuff for fun.

Now, like a lot of people, i have abandoned that craft. (sadly)

I recently stumbled on this forum again and i was wondering if the community here was still active, but it doesn't seem so.

I was in the mood of trying to re-learn this stuff but without an active community it's not a very appealing idea.

Are signature battles / tournaments gone? (I guess the interest decreased as time passed?)

I feel like every site that i used to be a part of is now dead, and it's very sad to see such a beautiful art form slowly disappear.

I'd like this topic to become an open discussion about this section, the people that made or still make signatures, the past and the future of this unusual form of art.

That's it for me, thanks for reading, let me know what you think ?

I don't know what happen here? When I came back, this section is almost dead! Only ruffedgz is an active artist 'till now(Kudos).

Also, same here, all the sites I'm part with are dying. Some graphic group kick me without notification. I need to work & play as well so there are times I need to set aside one of my hobby but it doesn't mean I quit.

Arts is my life so there is no way I'm goin' to abandon this colorful life",

• Like 1

Yeah, most of the sig artists that were here have either retired or completely disappeared (off to buy some smokes, never to return... abducted by aliens... fell in a well... your guess is as good as mine). ? If I'm not mistaken, I was the last one to run the Sig Battles, but sadly I just didn't have the time to manage them every month (not to mention the artists were already getting slim then). :( That had to have been at least a year ago now (just as long since I made a sig too)?

If anyone did try to revive the SotM/Sig Battles, I would probably try & enter... but like I said, it's been a long time & my interest just isn't as high as it was back then. Don't get me wrong though, I loved participating in those tournaments (seeing as I never missed one :P), but when it gets down to only 2 or 3 people, it does start to get a little boring... so I don't think it would go very far unless more artists joined/returned to the site. :hmm: 

Edited by Masamune

15 minutes ago, Izul said:

Me and some other (former) IVC members were recently talking about the current state of the Studio. We really want to do some GFX competitions again, we just don't know when yet. Most people are super busy these days, rarely play games or just lost interest in graphics, I guess. Hope there'll be some more activity again in the near future :) 

Awesome!! Maybe I should think about bringing the events back sooner than I thought. 

And ya so many games ><

Thanks for the responses,

If @Dav9834 starts a new event i'll be sure to participate!

I guess we'll have to wait and see how that goes.

Hopefully we can bring back some people into the game and revive the section.

Spoiler

I'm also available to make some images for the battles / tournaments if necessary.

I'm talking about this sort of stuff:

CVYdsPg.png

xaAxUdX.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Izul said:

Me and some other (former) IVC members were recently talking about the current state of the Studio. We really want to do some GFX competitions again, we just don't know when yet. Most people are super busy these days, rarely play games or just lost interest in graphics, I guess. Hope there'll be some more activity again in the near future :) 

Nice, since most of the IVC members left the Studio has been so empty. I'd like to see the GFX competitions return.

3 hours ago, Pustur said:

Thanks for the responses,

If @Dav9834 starts a new event i'll be sure to participate!

I guess we'll have to wait and see how that goes.

Hopefully we can bring back some people into the game and revive the section.

Hide contents

I'm also available to make some images for the battles / tournaments if necessary.

I'm talking about this sort of stuff:

CVYdsPg.png

xaAxUdX.png

That would help a lot! Ty ty! 

We may switch it up a bit, idk yet. 

I have some ideas I want to go over with some people. 

16 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Not yet, after Song Vote starts up again. 

Uhh... so sometime between now & the year 2033? :P 

Personally I'd prefer something similar to the old SotM, I always got more into it when you could chose your own render while making it (I think that would help with the participation issue too). & it was always nice seeing a variety of different sigs at the end. ^_^ 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Masamune said:

Uhh... so sometime between now & the year 2033? :P 

Personally I'd prefer something similar to the old SotM, I always got more into it when you could chose your own render while making it (I think that would help with the participation issue too). & it was always nice seeing a variety of different sigs at the end. ^_^ 

Ahhh again it'll be around E3 2018 ?

And yeah I agree 

glad to see some additional activity here on this part of the forum.. hope to see others back doing some art work but anyone can always help out with requests or be more active with making sigs without any SotM contests. I do like a challenge so will be happy to see it back.

Cheers!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DEMON said:

We were talking a while back about doing the tournament, but IVC is pretty busy (we discussed it, and it didn't really go anywhere), I've moved onto web design more now. I have no clue what the others do if they're still into signatures or whatever.

So honestly, if anyone wants to bring back SotM, I don't see the harm -- just my best tips for it would be to keep entrants anonymous, always ask to see the original render to make sure sufficient enough work has been done, and really this your choice, but don't add prizes as this will only encourage cheating, whilst that is fine for song vote as there's not many ways one can cheat in that; there's many other ways a person can cheat with a signature, and it go by unknown (using PSDs etc off Deviantart where essentially, the work is done for them, we have seen this happen elsewhere).

Anyway, if you want someone to ask about making them, and getting them to work out, you can request my discord, it's rare I log in here these days, you'll find you have much better luck getting me over there.

Ok! Great advice! Miss ya @DEMON

hope you poke in here more frequently!!!

><

On 1-5-2018 at 6:16 AM, Masamune said:

For me it's the opposite: I prefer Sig Battle because everyone had the same render, which meant voting for the artist's skill and not for how big the boobs were.

3 hours ago, DEMON said:

We were talking a while back about doing the tournament, but IVC is pretty busy (we discussed it, and it didn't really go anywhere), I've moved onto web design more now. I have no clue what the others do if they're still into signatures or whatever.

So honestly, if anyone wants to bring back SotM, I don't see the harm -- just my best tips for it would be to keep entrants anonymous, always ask to see the original render to make sure sufficient enough work has been done, and really this your choice, but don't add prizes as this will only encourage cheating, whilst that is fine for song vote as there's not many ways one can cheat in that; there's many other ways a person can cheat with a signature, and it go by unknown (using PSDs etc off Deviantart where essentially, the work is done for them, we have seen this happen elsewhere).

Anyway, if you want someone to ask about making them, and getting them to work out, you can request my discord, it's rare I log in here these days, you'll find you have much better luck getting me over there.

Yo DEMON, long time no see.

Is that discord server for artists or just for requests?

41 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yo DEMON, long time no see.

Is that discord server for artists or just for requests?

It's just my personal discord if anyone wants it, but we could make a server if you wanted, I can still make signatures if the competitions come back, I'll be happy enough to compete again.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DEMON said:

It's just my personal discord if anyone wants it, but we could make a server if you wanted, I can still make signatures if the competitions come back, I'll be happy enough to compete again.

I like the idea of an artist server :) 

15 minutes ago, DEMON said:

I would but I can't stand discord ><

18 minutes ago, DEMON said:

2 minutes ago, Izul said:

I like the idea of an artist server :) 

Me too.

2 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I would but I can't stand discord ><

Why?