Summer 2018 Backlog Challenge

Detroit: Become Human 100%

Little Witch Academia: 13%

Moonlighter: 14% some trophies bugged, devs are working on this

Muv Luv 1%

Atelier Lydie & Suelle: Alchemists and the mysterious paintings 42% < 77%

Got all endings for atelier, a few bosses (super grindy) and misc trophies now. Beautiful game, I think a really accessible atelier, starting to feel burnt out now. Will finish in the week and play something lighter.

• Like 4

Anna - Extended Edition

Assassin's Creed II

Darksiders II 100%

Last Rebellion 100%

Papo & Yo

rain

Darksiders II is finished! When I actually devoted the time to get through and collected everything, the game turned out to be pretty fun. Better environments, characters, and story elements than the first game. Still a fun homage to the LoZ franchise

• Like 4

Update:

PS4

- Beyond: Two Souls (0%)

- Crash Bandicoot (0% => 43%)

- Dead Rising (0% => 32%)

- Far Cry 4 (21%)

PS3

- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (0% => 26%)

I've finished the campaign of Ni no Kuni, with all of the post-game trophies left. I enjoyed it for the most part, although I didn't like the combat very much. All the levels of Crash Bandicoot have been completed once and I'm currently going through to get the gems for each level. I've done one playthrough of Dead Rising and gotten some of the miscellaneous trophies, but still have several playthroughs left for the platinum. I'm hoping to finish Crash Bandicoot in the next few days and then work on Far Cry 4 and Ni no Kuni some more. 

• Like 3

Update time!

PS4:

God of War: 11% (8/37) —> 32% (18/37)

Dark Souls Remastered: 3% (3/41) —> 5% (4/41)

Thimbleweed Park: 0%

Lego the Hobbit: 17% (12/40)

Suicide Guy: 0% (0/13) —> 100% (13/13)

Finished the main story in God of  War and am now going for the rest of the trophies to platinum the game. I’ve also been playing Luminus in between God of War, not sure if I’ll be able to platinum it tho so I’m not putting it on the list yet. Maybe later...

• Like 3

On 6/7/2018 at 2:58 PM, Kishnabe said:

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth 16%

Riddled Corpses EX PS4 18%

Timothy VS The Aliens PS4 NA 24%

The Count Lucanor PSVITA 12%

Cosmic Star Heroine PS4 0%

Adventures of Mana PSVITA 4%

Super Daryl Deluxe PS4 4%

Going for more doable games than stress fests.

Probably add more later.

Added Super Daryl Deluxe and Adventures of Mana

Finished DQ Builders and TOCS 2 from previous Backlog Challenge. 

Riddled Corpses is up to 37%

• Like 2

Second update! Finished 2 more games, 2 more to go.

• Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey [ps4] 100% :platinum:
  • Drive Girls [vita] 100%  :platinum:
  • Doom VFR [ps4] 100%
  • Far Cry 3: Classic Edition [ps4] 100% :platinum:
  • Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster [ps4] 10%
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA [vita] 11%

Just finished Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey and wow, really charming game with great music and great characters.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA will be my next focus.

• Like 4

Update:

• Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - [100%]
  • Jurassic Park:
    • The Intruder - [100%]
    • The Cavalry[100%]
    • The Depths - [100%]
    • The Survivors[100%]
  • God of War: Chains of Olympus - [100%]
  • Sacred Citadel - [0%]
  • Just Cause 2 - [75% => 88%]

Finished my first run in JC2 and beat the first two missions on hardcore. Think I might start on my final game, Sacred Citadel, while slowly progressing in JC2 towards that plat. :D

I would like to finish this up by Aug 10th in time for my vacation but if not no prob, I'm sure I can knock out fast whatever is remaining.

• Like 1

New Update:

1. Metro last light (PS4) - 0%

2. Skyrim (PS4) - 74% => 100% :platinum:

3. Uncharted Drake's Fortune (PS4) - 0%

4. BioShock (PS4) - 0%

5. The Nonary Games (PS4) - 0%

6. Knack II (PS4) - 0%

7. Assassin's Creed: Chronicles (PS4) - 0%

• Russia - 9%
  • India - 0%
  • China - 0%

8. Ico (PS3) - 8% 

9. Prince of Persia (PS3) - 0%

10. Remember Me (PS3) - 0%

11. Mini Ninjas (PS3) - 2%

12. Counterspy (PS4) - 57% => 100%

13. Cosmic Star Heroine (PSVITA) - 7% => 13%

14. Drive Girls (PSVITA) - 24% => 100% :platinum:

15. Revenant Saga (PSVITA) - 23% => 100% :platinum:

Finally finished counterspy. Got some progress done in Cosmic Star Heroine. Started the Nonary Games. Interesting so far.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Tigerhull92 said:

Can I join late? 

If so my list is:

Fallout 4 - 58%

Resident Evil 7 - 33%

Danganronpa 2 - 2%

Fifa 18 - 77%

Limbo - 4%

God of War - 5%

thank you! 

You can join late, but your games have to be under 20% (one of them can be up to 25%). Let me know if you still want to join with an updated list.

4 hours ago, colinmazzini said:

You can join late, but your games have to be under 20% (one of them can be up to 25%). Let me know if you still want to join with an updated list.

Thank you! (And apologies for not reading properly)

Updated List:

God of War - 5%

The Witcher 3 - 9%

Limbo - 4%

Danganronpa 2 - 2%

The Order 1886 - 0%

• Like 1

Update time

Far Cry 3 (PS4) 0%- > 100%

Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 (PS4) 0%-> 100%

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 (PS4) 0% > 100%

Lego Marvel SuperHeroes 2 (PS4) 0% > 49%

Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 (PS4) 0%-> 100%

Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 (PS4) 0% > 100%

Need for Speed Rivals (PS4) 0%- > 100%

Rime (PS4) 0% > 100%

Sleeping Dogs (PS4) 0%-> 16%

Finished Far Cry 3 and because I was so close to 6000 trophies I had to get some quick trophies in Lego Marvel so my 6000th trophy was the Far Cry 3 platinum ?

This challenge is really good for my backlog, only 2 more to go ?

• Like 4

Anna - Extended Edition 100%

Assassin's Creed II

Darksiders II 100%

Last Rebellion 100%

Papo & Yo 100%

rain 100%

As of a few minutes ago, Anna has been successfully beaten. Honestly the story was alright if weird, but what really dragged everything down was having to witness all 16 supernatural events in one playthrough. This resulted in standing in one room, just...waiting. The game is an easy 2 hours tops, but with the time it took for events to even appear I believe that I tacked on about a full 10 hours of play time. It was boring, and took the scare factor out of the game. Glad it is done and over with.

• Like 3

On 30.4.2018 at 6:27 PM, OJ9999vr said:

I’ll most likely join, will post my games later on

Let’s say for now:

LEGO Ninjago Nindroids

Lego Ninjago Shadow of Ronin

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair 100%

Danganronpa v.3: Killing Harmony 100%

Need for Speed: Payback 22%->24%

Oh...sir! Hollywood

F1 2016 0%->13%

Burnout Paradise Remastered 56%->56%

And there's the last Danganronpa finished, way longer then i first imagined. The story alone feels like 20-30% of the platinum, not to talk about how hard the skill mini games can be.

It's been a slow start and there's now way i'll be able to do everything with the way i've planned. I intend to finish Burnout and F1 2016 within the challenge.

The reason why i won't be able to finish all is because of the not yet added 200th platinum, but we'll see. At least i've got a few for the next time around.

• Like 3

PS3:

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD - 21% => 100 % :platinum:

Bioshock - 9%

Far Cry 3 - 11%

PS4:

Darksiders Warmastered Edition - 0%

Limbo - 90%

Metro 2033 - 72%

Uncanny Valley - 100%

Watch Dogs - 98% :platinum:

After finishing Assassin's Creed Liberation HD this morning I was left with mixed feelings. It was my first AC in a while but I was immediately familiar with all the mechanics and the gameplay. That's not necessary a bad thing but it just made me realize how much this particular game formula needed a change (and thankfully got with the recent iterations of the series). 

While the story of Liberation didn't contribute a lot to the overall lore of AC it was still enjoyable and had its interesting moments. I mean yeah it did have it downfalls, but overall being able to play Aveline with basically 3 different personas was great. You get to see he slave side, her Assassin side, and her "lady" side.

What intrigued me the most however, was the overall historical setting!!! The Seven Years' War was a global conflict  and it involved almost every European power of the time and spanned over five continents, affecting Europe, the Americas, West Africa and India. Furthermore, in the game you witness how France cedes Louisiana and its territory west of the Mississippi River to Spain. 

You rarely see this period and its politics used in popular culture nowadays and also in school you just barely scratch the surface of it (at least in Switzerland). 

Another positive aspect were the 3 different locations you visit during your playthrough. Really diverse and personally I didn't really mind that there were not massive buildings to climb (like in other parts of the series).

However, the game did not age very well. Maybe its due to the fact that it was a PS Vita game originally, but you clearly see its limitations. There are a lot of invisible wall bugs, the animations are stiff (especially during the cutscenes), the parkour mechanics were not really precise and the textures are often washed out. I have to say that graphics are not my first priority in gaming but when you revisit older games it just shows you how far we have come already. 

Another issue I had was with the pacing of the story or more generally with the storytelling in general. There were various time jumps between the different DNA sequences but you as a player didn't really feel that time has passed...of course the french soldiers were replaced by spanish ones but there was no characterisation development. Years passed by but you were still the same Aveline from the beginning of the game and the NPC's mysteriously never had the urge to buy new clothes ? 

Last point I want to make is the strange change of emotions during the cutscenes and the bad german audio that unfortunately damaged the immersion...

All in all an average game, which was still fun to play and didn't drag out too much. Furthermore, there was almost no difficult trophy and even though the collectibles were a bid odd, they were fast to get. 

• Like 3

Update:

PS4

- Beyond: Two Souls (0%)

- Crash Bandicoot (43% => 100%) :platinum:

- Dead Rising (32%)

- Far Cry 4 (21% => 53%)

PS3

- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (26%)

I completed Crash Bandicoot and finished the campaign of Far Cry 4. Still have some miscellaneous trophies to take care of in Far Cry 4 and then I'll continue the Ni no Kuni grind and get back to Dead Rising.

• Like 2

Aaaand done:

• Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - [100%]
  • Jurassic Park:
    • The Intruder - [100%]
    • The Cavalry[100%]
    • The Depths - [100%]
    • The Survivors[100%]
  • God of War: Chains of Olympus - [100%]
  • Sacred Citadel - [0% => 100%]
  • Just Cause 2 - [88% => 100%]

Now I've played all Sacred games on console I believe. All of them play different. My go to character is the Seraphim ever since Sacred 2 and she hasn't let me down in this one either. Quite easy plat and the grind reduced to a minimal with 2 controllers. :)

Just Cause 2 Hardcore run didn't pose any trouble either and constantly being on the hunt for collectibles and kills it was a fun experience not leaving me with too much to clean up at the end.

Still got a month to spare but I think I'm gonna call it here and not add anymore game. I've got some vacation time coming up and F1 2018 to look forward to at the end of August so I don't want to have too much on my plate. I'll join again sometime next year (seem to be one per year with me with this challenge :P). Good luck everyone!

• Like 4

I know I am joining this very late, as in I only have one month, but the games I am submitting are all really easy and I need something to keep me busy until the upcoming August events Dragon Quest XI and the Spyro Reignited Trilogy. ?

Let anyone who wishes to throw stones do so now.

1. Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
  2. Enigmatis 3: Shadow of Karkhala
  3. Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
  4. Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan
  5. Grim Legends 3: The Dark City
  6. Dark Arcana: The Carnival
  7. Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden
  8. Nubla
  9. My Name Is Mayo
  10. Little Adventures on the Prairie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I know I am joining this very late, as in I only have one month, but the games I am submitting are all really easy and I need something to keep me busy until the upcoming August events Dragon Quest XI and the Spyro Reignited Trilogy. 1f605.png

Let anyone who wishes to throw stones do so now.

1. Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
  2. Enigmatis 3: Shadow of Karkhala
  3. Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
  4. Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan
  5. Grim Legends 3: The Dark City
  6. Dark Arcana: The Carnival
  7. Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden
  8. Nubla
  9. My Name Is Mayo
  10. Little Adventures on the Prairie

Added. Good luck. No one throws stones around here... You'll be alright.