Summer 2018 Backlog Challenge

Just now, DragonQuest238 said:

Forgot to post an update when I got it, but I finally completed the Enigmatis trilogy. Enig3 crashed on me after a point but luckily it has an auto-save so I didn't lose any progress. Still it ticked me off. Next time I won't make the same mistake I made before, thinking any PS4 title is immune to glitches and crashes. :(

I just to finish the Grim Legends series and I am officially done and dusted with my list. I almost have Grim Legends 3 finished, need to reinstall it and go through the game to get that last Memory Mirror puzzle finished super-fast and unlock the bonus chapter again(because I deleted my save) and get those missing collectibles, Then just do the first game and I am done. I made my Fall Backlog a little shorter and easier, even though I will have plenty of time since Spyro's rebirth was put off until mid-November. xD

Just popped Grim legends 3 myself, it's pretty painless if you back up for the mirrors (and that last one is pretty difficult unless you have it written down), I need to get Grim legends 1 but the thought of another playthrough means I'll be shelfing it for a while. Good luck. How's Dark cloud?

1 hour ago, StilRh said:

Just popped Grim legends 3 myself, it's pretty painless if you back up for the mirrors (and that last one is pretty difficult unless you have it written down), I need to get Grim legends 1 but the thought of another playthrough means I'll be shelfing it for a while. Good luck. How's Dark cloud?

Pretty good, I just got through the first boss. I should be able to get through the rest of the game, but I need to farm a weapon with the Steal ability for a trophy. Will probably do that tonight, don't feel like popping another easy platinum after I just finished Enigmatis 3 and I have to go to church early tomorrow since my parents got home late. (I usually got to church tonight but my parents got home too late to take me.)

EDIT: Nevermind, nailed it. Got the Bandit Slingshot on my first big chest on Divine Beast Cave Floor 10. Off to the next village! :D

Edited by DragonQuest238

END OF CHALLENGE UPDATE - Well after my bad July I thought I would really buckle down and get some of these backlog games done. Then I started playing Octopath Traveler on the Switch and well there went by August. I'm tossing in the flag. I'm very disappointed that I didn't get more games done during this challenge. I might transfer some I didn't finish over to the Fall Challenge but honestly there are so many NEW games coming out that I'll be playing, and I have an added goal of getting one trophy away from all the platinums in the Kingdom Hearts series before I unlock them all right before KH3 in January. I just don't think I'll get a lot done, but maybe I'll just sign up with a 5 game goal instead of going for a full 20. Good luck to everyone else!

1. A Boy and His Blob - 100% - :gold:

2. Limbo (PS4) - 100% - :gold:

3. Inside - 100% - :gold:

4. Little Nightmares :gold:

5. Unravel :platinum:

• Like 2

On 8/18/2018 at 3:49 PM, DragonQuest238 said:
  • Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood :platinum:
  • Enigmatis 3: Shadow of Karkhala :platinum:
  • Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride :platinum:
  • Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan :platinum:
  • Grim Legends 3: The Dark City
  • Dark Arcana: The Carnival :platinum:
  • Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden :platinum:
  • Nubla :platinum:
  • My Name Is Mayo :platinum:
  • Little Adventures on the Prairie :platinum:

I am in the home stretch. I finally platinumed my last game from 0%, the first Grim Legends game. To be honest, it wasn't as painful as I had predicted. I used a nice walkthrough and found all of the hard parts and I did the alternative puzzles(dominoes) first by using a strat to reduce the number of pictures I had to cover with dominoes to one so I got the trophy for clearing a game of dominoes super-fast. I am sort of glad I was forced to buy 3 months of PS+, because I was able to use the cloud to backup my saves so I didn't have to do multiple runs.

I still have to do one more run of Grim Legends 3 so I can get to the final memory mirror and backup my save so I can get that trophy for the speed-run for that puzzle. I swear I did not remember that the memory mirror puzzles had speed-run trophies, but surprisingly I only failed to get the last one because it takes a guide because it's one of those accursed sliding tile puzzles and you have to do all three super-fast. :(

Right now I am going to take a break and just chill a bit, run out and check my mail, and then I can fit in a time to do this final game.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

And it is done.

giphy.gif

THANK ALL THAT IS SACRED THAT IT IS OVER!!! 1f63f.png

I am not adding any more games to this list as I had not realized that despite the ease of these games, some of them gave me some trouble. The worst was Grim Legends 3 and that damnable Frozen Memories trophy! @StilRh, please don't tell me you managed to get that puzzle finished in under three minutes without having to download a backup save because I had to do that ten times or more, I lost count. :(

But it is over, thank goodness. Great event and good luck to anyone who is struggling to complete their lists in the next nine days. Now I can focus on my Fall Backlog and all of the other events I am working on! :D

Well done.

Less than 10 days left.... good luck finishing up everyone.

Update time!

PS4:

God of War: 32% (18/37) —> 100% (37/37)

Dark Souls Remastered: 3% (3/41) —> 5% (4/41)

Thimbleweed Park: 0%

Lego the Hobbit: 17% (12/40)

Suicide Guy: 0% (0/13) —> 100% (13/13)

I finally finished God of War, I enjoyed the endgame content, but it dragged on a bit to long. I’m going to start Timbleweed Park and try to finish before the end of the challenge. The rest will go to the next challenge. 

Good luck everyone for the last days! 

• Like 1

Anna - Extended Edition 100%

Assassin's Creed II 100%

Darksiders II 100%

Last Rebellion 100%

Papo & Yo 100%

rain 100%

Sneaking in just a few days before the end of the event and managed to finish my list. When I first put this together I figured that only Darksiders and AC would take some time but not give me too much trouble. I was unfortunately wrong in that assumption as Anna - Extended was a complete and utter pain to get through and it killed a lot of my motivation to hammer out another game quickly. But at the same time, super stoked to be able to say that I am done :D

• Like 4

Last update for this challenge.

PS4:

God of War: 32% (18/37) —> 100% (37/37)

Dark Souls Remastered: 3% (3/41) —> 5% (4/41)

Thimbleweed Park: 0% (0/34) —> 100% (34/34)

Lego the Hobbit: 17% (12/40)

Suicide Guy: 0% (0/13) —> 100% (13/13)

Got the platinum in Thimbleweed park. A nice point and click adventure with some good humor, which I enjoyed playing. The last two games I’ll leave for another challenge. There’s just no more time ?. 

• Like 2

RIME (PS4) - 1%

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PS4) - 71%

Oceanhorn (Vita) - 34%

Deadpool (PS4) - 32%

Ratchet & Clank (Vita) - 0%

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (PS3) - 100% :platinum:

LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 5-7 - 100% :platinum:

Overcooked 2- 100% :platinum:

Haven't issued an update since 13th of July, although not huge changes on many of these games.

Got Wolverine finished shortly after my last update and plodding through Hellblade, I've also added Lego Harry Potter and Overcooked 2 to my list as they were unstarted at the beginning for the event and are now completed. They're both games that you know what to expect from and both thoroughly enjoyable. Played Overcooked with the wife and had an absolute blast doing so.

I expect to finish Hellblade before the event is wrapped as I've not got much left to do (provided I didn't miss a lore stone early on!).

Good fun to try and have another attack on the back log and look forward to seeing everyone's updates in the Autumn event.

• Like 2

Hey, everybody! One more day. Good luck finishing up and hit those lists hard. I leave the forum open for probably a week past just for everyone to get a final update. It'll be good to see how everyone did.

And in case you have somehow missed it, don't forget the Fall challenge. I'll be there (and hope to do much better than this summer list). 

• Like 3

PS4

• Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (51/51 l 100%) :platinum:
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (46/46 l 100%) :platinum:
  • N.E.R.O. ~Nothing Ever Remains Obscure~ (24/24 I 100%) :platinum:
  • Rime (0/32 l 0% >>> 4/32 l 7%)
  • Never Alone (19/19 l 100%) ?
  • Abzû (0/12 I 0% >>> 12/12 l 100%) ?

PS3

• Ar tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel (0/59 l 0%)

PSV

• Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (12/38 l 34% >>> 38/38 l 100%:platinum:
  • 7'scarlet (23/23 l 100%) :platinum:
  • Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly (0/34 l 0% >>> 34/34 l 100%:platinum:
  • Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk (0/36 l 0% >>> 36/36 l 100%:platinum:
  • Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms (36/36 l 100%) :platinum:
  • Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ (32/32 l 100%)  :platinum:

Managed to finish 11 games from my list, so this challenge was a big success for me. RiME and Ar tonelico will be carried over to my fall list. Also I finally completed all of my backlogged Vita games!!! Sure feels good to have that out of the way (and to move on to my PSP backlog... orz).

• Like 2

On 5/26/2018 at 9:50 PM, ZombHunter13 said:

PS4:

Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry: 0% < 10%

Batman: 0% < 100%

Final Fantasy VII: 2%

Until Dawn: 5%

PS3:

Ratchet & Clank: 0%

Sleeping Dogs: 0%  < 100%

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time: 1% < 36%

I ended up failing the challenge unfortunately. I ended up playing some great games that I had ignored way to long. After starting Sly 4 and AC: FC both my systems ended up having problems that ended up demotivating me due to my ps3 continously freezing and losing my progress on some of my games (including AC:FC) for my ps4. Once the issues were resolved I just never went back to the games like I should have. Despite that I'm glad I joined because it did help motivate to try to clean my backlog up a little bit at least.

• Like 2