sora__11

sora__11's Dispute

66 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

sora__11

Kingdom Hearts II
I wanted to obtain the "Finish the game" trophy as my last trophy before the platinum, so in order to do that I did the following:

-Finish the game in a friend's ps3. Copy the save data in a usb, don't synchronize the trophies

-Copied the post-final boss save data onto my ps3. As my trophy-synchronized ps3 didn't have the trophy for beating the game, I was able to obtain those cited trophies (Org XIII, Lingering Will, Conqueror) before obtaining the trophy for finishing the game

-Finally, beat the game in my ps3 for a second time. I unlocked the "finish the game" trophy a second time, but only now I synchronized it

That is how I was able to obtain every single trophy for post-game content, without actually getting the "finish the game" trophy until last. Contrived, I know, but fully licit

Edited by sora__11
Bad tabulation

17 minutes ago, sora__11 said:

sora__11

Kingdom Hearts II
I wanted to obtain the "Finish the game" trophy as my last trophy before the platinum, so in order to do that I did the following:

-Finish the game in a friend's ps3. Copy the save data in a usb, don't synchronize the trophies

-Copied the post-final boss save data onto my ps3. As my trophy-synchronized ps3 didn't have the trophy for beating the game, I was able to obtain those cited trophies (Org XIII, Lingering Will, Conqueror) before obtaining the trophy for finishing the game

-Finally, beat the game in my ps3 for a second time. I unlocked the "finish the game" trophy a second time, but only now I synchronized it

That is how I was able to obtain every single trophy for post-game content, without actually getting the "finish the game" trophy until last. Contrived, I know, but fully licit

Actually, that's not fully licit as stated in the thread linked below.

Using a save file to auto-unlock trophies - If you use an external save file to auto-unlock trophies or advance you further into the game and the impossibility of normal circumstance can be proven via the timestamps, it's flaggable. This includes using your own save file to unlock trophies at an impossible time frame, be careful with this, always sync your trophies, and do not use your save file to earn trophies impossibly out of order.

18 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Actually, that's not fully licit as stated in the thread linked below.

I did not know that. However, I didn't "auto-unlock" anything, I just performed the tasks to legally obtain the trophies, but in a different order. Is there anything I can do now to remove the ban?

Unless the flag will be lifted, you can hide the game and come back to the leaderbord

14 minutes ago, sora__11 said:

I did not know that. However, I didn't "auto-unlock" anything, I just performed the tasks to legally obtain the trophies, but in a different order. Is there anything I can do now to remove the ban?

You can hide the game, as he linked to.

What could I do to get the flag removed? I've been using this site for years, and with a percentage rating of almost 100%, I wouldn't want to hide my favorite game over this 

9 minutes ago, sora__11 said:

What could I do to get the flag removed? I've been using this site for years, and with a percentage rating of almost 100%, I wouldn't want to hide my favorite game over this 

Well, what you did is against the leaderboard rules, even if you did everything yourself, which we don't really know you did.

I get that it sucks, and judging by your username, my guess is that it is indeed your favorite game series.

Why did you go out of your way to get beating the game as your last trophies? :S 

I just wanted to see the platinum pop as the credits were rolling, which it certainly did. It took me some time to figure out how to do it, and I was happy to see it worked. I'm surprised I got a flag like 4 years after that.

Posted (edited)

In fact, I've been playing said game for 12 years, and the fact that I knew I could get all the trophies with my eyes closed is the reason why I went out of my way to even fulfill the trophies' conditions twice and obtain them in a different order. I even planned to do the same thing with the PS4 version, but now I guess not.

Edited by sora__11
mispelled

I understand that for the moderators it's indistinguishable, but it's still sad for me that I've been using this site for more than 5 years, having a perfect 100% completion rate with no hidden games, and never in my life having obtained a trophy illicitly, and now being flagged for one small inconsistency 4 years ago because I wanted to see the platinum pop along the credits. Hiding the game would mark my profile as one that hides games, so either solution puts a permanent mark in my profile.

Heck, going off topic I even farmed for days for insane trophies like those of Star Ocean 4, Mortal Kombat 9 and Killzone 2. I understand if you can't do anything for me, but getting my profile permanently flagged for one silly storyline trophy of Kingdom Hearts 2 after 173 legally obtained platinum trophies is certainly ironic. Never expected the downfall of my trophy collector journey to be my own hubris.

2 hours ago, sora__11 said:

What could I do to get the flag removed?

If by any chance your profile with KH2 trophies is still on your friend’s PS3, you’ll be able to sync that trophy list and restore the original timestamps.

5 minutes ago, Se7en said:

If by any chance your profile with KH2 trophies is still on your friend’s PS3, you’ll be able to sync that trophy list and restore the original timestamps.

This will have to be done with definitive proof because someone can simply edit the time stamps with CFW. @MMDE might tell the person how to sort that problem out if they're being serious. 

9 minutes ago, Se7en said:

3 minutes ago, Sergen said:

This will have to be done with definitive proof because someone can simply edit the time stamps with CFW. @MMDE might tell the person how to sort that problem out if they're being serious. 

Regardless of how suspicious this looks, this is still the only actual, factual answer for removing a flag with trophies that are earned illegitimately.

I think Sly would agree that if this is the only game that looks suspicious, then the flag should be lifted if the OP syncs their original earned trophies. If there is evidence of other CFW usage, then flag those games and if they hit the flag limit, it won't matter.

I am usually quite cynical about things like this but for some reason on this occasion i actually feel sorry for sora__11 and believe him/her.

20 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Regardless of how suspicious this looks, this is still the only actual, factual answer for removing a flag with trophies that are earned illegitimately.

I think Sly would agree that if this is the only game that looks suspicious, then the flag should be lifted if the OP syncs their original earned trophies. If there is evidence of other CFW usage, then flag those games and if they hit the flag limit, it won't matter.

No, this is a case where the trophies are out of order. There's absolutely no question about this. They just hope they could find some way to argue us into still lifting it.

36 minutes ago, Se7en said:

If this is the case, we'd have to do some validating etc to make sure this isn't just some edited timetamps, which would be something we'd do in PM.

14 minutes ago, JapanimeGamer said:

I am usually quite cynical about things like this but for some reason on this occasion i actually feel sorry for sora__11 and believe him/her.

Whatever you feel doesn't really matter when they've broken the leaderboard rules. They admit to it as well. Doesn't matter if they had video footage of it, what they explain is against the rules.

Just now, MMDE said:

No, this is a case where the trophies are out of order. There's absolutely no question about this. They just hope they could find some way to argue us into still lifting it.

If this is the case, we'd have to do some validating etc to make sure this isn't just some edited timetamps, which would be something we'd do in PM..

So you tell me No for saying the same thing as Se7en but then tell them that you'd just verify it in PM. Wow, bias much?

No, i cannot sync the original trophies since my friend sold his ps3 long ago (again, this was 4 years ago). I would happily change the timestamps to the correct order if I could in any form, I just did it that way as I said for the silly reason of seeing my favorite game platinum pop during the end credits. I'm pretty sure there isn't any other game in my whole collection with a similar issue, I have earned everything legitimately in my 8 years of trophy hunting.

Again, I know that without any physical proof I could be making all of this up and that I'm being a little tiresome with this whole issue. I'm just proud in my collection and didn't expect it to see it flagged in the site I've been using without issue the past years over a small timestamp switcheroo in a single trophy 4 years ago.

And btw, just for curiosity's sake, how was this detected now? Did someone check my whole list and noticed "Whoops, 3000 trophies ago the timestamp of this one story-line related trophy was obtained out of order, this person must be a hacker"

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

So you tell me No for saying the same thing as Se7en but then tell them that you'd just verify it in PM. Wow, bias much?

I must have misread your post tbh. Thought for some reason you said if they don't have any other trophies cheated Sly would agree with you that it should be lifted. Sorry about that, in which case you're correct I'd say! My response probably makes sense then ;)

Edited by MMDE

4 minutes ago, sora__11 said:

Again, I know that without any physical proof I could be making all of this up and that I'm being a little tiresome with this whole issue. I'm just proud in my collection and didn't expect it to see it flagged in the site I've been using without issue the past years over a small timestamp switcheroo in a single trophy 4 years ago.

And btw, just for curiosity's sake, how was this detected now? Did someone check my whole list and noticed "Whoops, 3000 trophies ago the timestamp of this one story-line related trophy was obtained out of order, this person must be a hacker"

It didn't matter if you did it 4 years or 4 hours ago, the sites members identify and report suspicious trophies day in and day out. You happened to pick a game that gets watched closely by the members here. Some people check manually, some do it other ways. Most of the checking is done one game at a time by people, not by individuals list. Once you dispute however, your trophy list will be scrutinized heavily for all games on it.

With the "4 years ago" I just meant that if i noticed i would have been flagged for this and did it 4 hours ago I could just go to my friend's house and sync the correct order to get the flag removed. Being such an old game I don't have that option, so I retroactively got myself into a corner here 😕

I don't have much else to say here, I can only wait for my profile to be scrutinized by the site. I don't have anything to fear, I have done everything else by the rules, I'm just bummed I f***ed myself for a silly reason and now I've got no way to reversing it 😆

@sora__11 I know it takes away your no hidden trophies etc part of it, but this hardly destroys your profile, I know it's disappointing but just hide it and you'll still have a profile that's 100% complete with some incredible work put into it that you should be proud of and that some others are secretly jealous :).

I know, I would hide that one as a last resort, but I find the whole situation funny😅

Like, this person hides some of his trophies. Why does he do it, is he a hacker, does he hide some game out of shame?...Nope, he just got one story-line trophy out of order for a silly reason

Man, I'm really dumb 😆😆

Posted (edited)

Never mind, made a mistake.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

...but your last trophy was your critical mode playthrough, and it popped about 3 hours after beating it on proud mode. So, you obviously had to do a second playthrough anyway, so why would you go out of your way to pop trophies out of order?