You guys think we will ever see NG+?

Quink666

I just have this urge to run through the game again with all my current maxed gear. 

Im pretty much exactly level 9,5. 

Would love to just crush a NG+ and play this amazing game again. Just dont feel like going through all the grindy bits collecting Rage/HP stuff and such.

Im not expecting a pure NG+ where you start with everything. I just want to start with all skills, armor and fully upgraded axe and then get all story items as you would normally.

Its been done before in other games if im not mistaken, a later patch introduced NG+ or a GOTY version with NG+.

Anyone else missing NG+? Was kinda expecting it since every other GoW had it.

6 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Yeah. I think we will see it. I expect it to be like Horizon Zero Dawn where its a DLC that gets released for free.

Been browsing reddit and seen post asking for NG+ with 1000s of upvotes. Even tons of people asking SantaMonica for it over twitter. 

Yeah im praying we get it sooner then later. Shouldn't be to much of hassle for them tbh. Just make sure the player starts with all skills, max HP/Rage, armor and axe upgrades they had on their save file and later upgrade the story items you get to the level of the save you start NG+ from.

Edited by Quink666

11 minutes ago, Xel said:

That will require a lot of game balancing; if they decide to let us carry over everything we've obtained over the course of the first playthrough.

I haven't played GoW, but I think Assassin's Creed Origins ups the difficulty when you do NG+ (I could be wrong since I haven't done it yet) but if GoW did it would it be too easy? I know in Origins with a select few weapons having a certain ability most fights become laughable. I don't know how this GoW works for the most part still. :P

16 minutes ago, Xel said:

That will require a lot of game balancing; if they decide to let us carry over everything we've obtained over the course of the first playthrough.

Make enemies same level as the player or 1 -2 levels higher. Bosses HP stays the same as in other GoW NG+. If you want it harder you play NG+ on harder difficulties.

The point with NG+ is simply to enjoy the game with all the good stuff and NG+ is therefore most likely easier, unless you you maybe play it on Give me GoW difficulty.

• Like 2

I think with the reception and praise this gane has been getting i thouroghly believe ng+ is a likely possibility for the future. Dlc maybe not but im betting that ng+ will be here cause people definitely want more and if they released ng+ is will give a chance for the game to be purchased more because instead of only beig able to get 50 hours maybe out of this game people will be able to get 100+ so i hink it would be a good business move

• Like 2

Everything should carry over to NG+ Would love to see that, except Kratos beard should not carry over. I want it shave. 

god-of-war-kratos-without-beard.jpg.opti

9 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Everything should carry over to NG+ Would love to see that, except Kratos beard should not carry over. I want it shave. 

god-of-war-kratos-without-beard.jpg.opti

Can we get a bar code on the back of the neck too? Maybe some rope?

Have yet to play this, currently broke. Would love to see them add it. A lot of games have done it that I know of so far TLoU, Horizon, Witcher 3, Souls. So if enough want and ask them and Sony for it, I bet we will eventually see it in an update.

Edited by AncLEoniX

6 hours ago, Quink666 said:

I just have this urge to run through the game again with all my current maxed gear. 

Im pretty much exactly level 9,5. 

With Ivandi's armour, pommel and grips maxed and top level enchantments I still could not reach lv 9, care to give some tips?

• Like 1

I remember Cory Barlog saying he would like to have a NG+ mode in the game, I think it was during one of those hour long spoiler discussions either for IGN, Kinda Funny Games or Easy Allies. I wouldn't be surprised if they just patched it in at a later point. They also begged him not to do any DLC, to which he replied that they put everything they wanted in the game and that there are no expansions planned at this point.

10 hours ago, TheGwynbleidd said:

With Ivandi's armour, pommel and grips maxed and top level enchantments I still could not reach lv 9, care to give some tips?

im level 9,5. that is with fully upgrades niflheim gear and mostly level 7 enchantments. Almost everything is level8. Im using the talisman with 3 slots aswell instead of anyone with only 2 slots.

You need all gear fully upgraded to reach level 9.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, phantomfear9494 said:

100% agree.  The only games I don't have at 100% currently is God of War (because I'm still playing it) and HZD, sitting at 96% because of that shitting DLC.  I'll probably never bother to go back; I know its not brutally hard even on Ultra Hard, but the thought of doing a whole new 20 hour playthrough of HZD for 2 trophies is so pointless.   I feel games like God of War / HZD it's pretty pointless to have NG+, as there is only really one way to play. No choice in story decision or weapons really, only the enchantments and stuff you add to gear.  Dishonored 2 it was patched in and it makes much more sense, because you have to play in different ways on different playthroughts to get 100% and can keep the progress you've made on upgrading certain things.  I don't play the souls-borne series, but I understand that you get different items and endings based on NG+ and NG++ playthroughs.

God of War is perfect as it is, and I hope no DLC or free updates come out for it.   A contained masterpiece.

I would like to see a prequel of sorts, even if it were a comic/short story to bridge the gap between GOW 3 and GOW, or even to tell more about the Nordic gods or Faye. 

The trophy list is pretty much like Horizon, in that it's easy and can be done on the easiest difficulty. So I wouldn't be surprised to see a patch add this in. It would be a nice addition. And Horizon got it via a patch. I think it should [and all games should] launch with NG+ though.

4 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

The trophy list is pretty much like Horizon, in that it's easy and can be done on the easiest difficulty. So I wouldn't be surprised to see a patch add this in. It would be a nice addition. And Horizon got it via a patch. I think it should [and all games should] launch with NG+ though.

What do you think NG+ would add to God of War?  I can't really see it unless God of War purposely added things in you can ONLY do in NG+.  The game is pretty linear imo, so there aren't choices to be made either.  I personally don't understand why games have NG+ if its a case of just replaying with better gear and no other reward.  Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantomfear9494 said:

What do you think NG+ would add to God of War?  I can't really see it unless God of War purposely added things in you can ONLY do in NG+.  The game is pretty linear imo, so there aren't choices to be made either.  I personally don't understand why games have NG+ if its a case of just replaying with better gear and no other reward.  Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

It will add exactly the same as all other God of Wars. The possibility to play it with all gear and skills.

No other reason needed. The other God of Wars were more linear then this one. Playing them on NG+ still was a blast. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Devil_Hand333 said:

Hopefully it's coming, I'm still trying to get the platinum, but after that I would like another run.

Yeah that what i want to do aswell. Just experience the game yet again but without the hassle of collecting HP/Rage upgrades and armors etc. Maybe even try it on Give me GoW difficulty.

5 hours ago, Quink666 said:

It will add exactly the same as all other God of Wars. The possibility to play it with all gear and skills.

No other reason needed. The other God of Wars were more linear then this one. Playing them on NG+ still was a blast. 

Exactly. I mean, if you want to replay something you should have the option to do so with NG+ so you don't have to do everything again. A new game will always be there if you want to start fresh, but if you don't? You need NG+ for that. Not like you can replay story 'missions' in the game or anything. Once it's done, that's pretty much it aside from the final stretch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is needed. You pretty much can't upgrade your armor until the end of the game. It would be nice to run through it again with your armor maxed out now. Would extend the life of the game because you can just keep going through it over and over. Specially with the talismans too.