Envious Trophy Hunter

dude_zavala

Everyone on this site is so high level. I used to consider level 20 to be high level until I hit that point. Now it seems like almost everyone is level 30+. My baseline for trophy levels comes mostly from the profiles on the front page that load whenever you sync your trophies. How do you guys feel about your level compared to others on this site? 

I've been trophy hunting for a while now but haven't really been serious about it for the most part for reasons such as school and work. It's always been fun for me mostly because of the extra challenge trophies give when compared to the vanilla game. The longer I trophy hunt the easier it is to take each game down one by one, now I feel like i'm at my peak. What really gets me going is the competition of trying to overtake people with higher trophy levels, that is when I hit my stride.

My current goals are to hit boost my level past 2 people in particular. Colin Moriarty and Greg Miller. They are the most prominent voices in PlayStation right now so I feel like beating them would be something to brag about.

I'm dude_zavala, long time gamer, long time lurker, long time trophy hunter. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

Honestly, why does it matter? You seem to think that the higher PSN level the better you are when it fact that isn't. I personally think that your profile should represent games you love and actually enjoy, there's so many people who have high PSN level or platinum count who've just stacked game or played the games which just hand you trophies. To me that just shows you're lazy.

I couldnt agree more, I think everyone has their own path as a gamer/trophy hunter and you should play the games that really interest you. If you play specific games such as VNs, using cross saves to pop plats within seconds or other easy plats which take 1-2h you can easily reach lv100 within few months.

For me personally PSn lv isnt important at all, same with number of trophies or plats. I simply like to complete as many games that interest me as I can and I also like having high completion %.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dude_zavala said:

Everyone on this site is so high level. I used to consider level 20 to be high level until I hit that point. Now it seems like almost everyone is level 30+. My baseline for trophy levels comes mostly from the profiles on the front page that load whenever you sync your trophies. How do you guys feel about your level compared to others on this site? 

I don’t really think about it. The PS level is just a byproduct of having played for an amount of time - no high level players worth listening to or worrying about would try to judge game prowess or skill or anything based on that number (and those who do probably have nothing much else to hang their hat on!)

2 hours ago, dude_zavala said:

My current goals are to hit boost my level past 2 people in particular. Colin Moriarty and Greg Miller. They are the most prominent voices in PlayStation right now so I feel like beating them would be something to brag about.

You seem to be doing it right - picking a particular, attainable goal and having some fun trying to achieve it :)

(Though I have literally no idea who either of those people are... guess their ‘prominent voices’ weren’t quite as prominent as they needed to be! ?)

Edited by DrBloodmoney

Colin Moriarty and Greg Miller were part of the original crew on IGN. Greg Miller left IGN around 2 years ago and has his own YouTube channel called "Kinda Funny" reviewing and discussing a lot of PlayStation games.

@dude_zavala i think that your goal to surpass them is an enjoyable goal, but in terms of "bragging rights" it's more of a meh moment. Colin and Greg solely review and play games for work, or for the pure enjoyment of it, and are not what what i think the majority of people on this site would classify as trophy hunters. In stating this, i am inclined to agree with @DrBloodmoney @LuciaRosethorn that each individual enjoys their own methods as to how they wish to complete their games, whether it be because they love it, because they wish to get the "ping" noise after achieving platinum, or because having a high completion rate is satisfying to them as they may have got bang for their buck, platting them as a bonus, or for some other reason.

Me, i prefer to trophy hunt - but not to compete with anyone. I do it because i feel like i have done all i need to do after completing the game. and also, being able to compare  people's profiles on here helps me to add them to my friend list so i can complete pesky online trophies that would otherwise be a chore. My most recent one was Platting God of War. This was actually one of the few games whereby i could complete the game with a high level of enjoyment and getting platinum was just a natural progression and not a grind. To date, i would classify it as my most satisfying game on the PS4. 

In any case, it's nice to have goals on what it is you personally would like to achieve, but in the end, what matters more is yourself and how you wish to enjoy playing your games. ?

• Like 1

First things first... Welcome to the site!

I see you already have some time here and this is the first time you introduce yourself. Hope you can continue making use of the great features this site has to offer as well as sharing what you do with your games as a hobby.

In regards to the whole trophy level thing, I think it is nice you're trying to achieve a certain level to overcome 2 persons you have in high regards. There is nothing wrong about having a healthy competition and trying to overcome friends or people you deem important. That's fine. However, I wouldn't place such a high emphasis on trying to overcome any other gamer I come across. As others have mentioned, people do all sort of things to boost their level, either by skipping VNs, stacking games from other regions and whatnot. You're going to have a really hard time if you are aiming to compare yourself with all these people you are going to come across.

I personally don't care much about the level or how many platinums another person has. Sure, I like to hunt for trophies as well and I'd like to have as many as I could, whether if they are from easy-peasy games or an ultra-hard and rare game almost no one can overcome but still, the most important thing here is that you enjoy the games and have fun with your stats and personal goals. Remember, to have fun should be your priority and the thrill of trophy hunting should accompany you as an added bonus for personal enjoyment.

Good luck and happy hunting! ?

Welcome!

Ha! I wish I was level 20. I am close to 8 now, but then again I am only playing games on my PS4 since January and I never had another PlayStation before. To answer your question, it is more like an encouragement for me, but then again those levels come anyway, as long as you keep playing games.

The real treat for me are trophies, especially the ones that come with a memorable event like getting the this trophy. The ingame event was such a pleasant surprise and a real blast to play. And to be able to track my progress of my entire collection. Which is a real pleasure doing with this site.

Anyway best of luck to you in your endeavors! ;)

Edited by Durandal
  • Like 1

On 5/1/2018 at 8:43 PM, LuciaRosethorn said:

Honestly, why does it matter? You seem to think that the higher PSN level the better you are when it fact that isn't. I personally think that your profile should represent games you love and actually enjoy, there's so many people who have high PSN level or platinum count who've just stacked game or played the games which just hand you trophies. To me that just shows you're lazy.

You shouldn't compare your achievements to anyone else's, you should be happy with what you have. If you beat these two people then you'll just want to beat someone else later, just enjoy playing games. This is a newish account and I couldn't care less of what other people think about it, I'm happy with it. I won't ever compare myself to others since I know that just means I'm not happy with it, it would make me think less of it just because I'm so worried about what people who I don't know think. You also need to remember this is a trophy site, of course you'll see high levels. 

I'm going to hang this quote on my wall. 

: ) 

Edited by Crispy78923
  • Like 3

Welcome to the site!  Level 21 is a perfectly fine level to have if you ask me.  ;)

Good luck achieving your goals, although personally, I think chasing after specific people sounds frustrating.  I guess that depends a lot on who you're trying to chase after though and how actively they're playing.

First Koro also welcomes you at this fantastic site with many nice People.

And second; who cares about trophy Levels etc....trophies come when they come and your playstation console did not run away from you; so you have all the time of this world.

Besides gaming is much more then trophy/achievement hunting...to enjoy the worlds; the many different stories... just have a good time with gaming!

So another second welcome and have fun here!

• Like 1

I really don't think anyone cares, which is nice about this site.  I haven't looked at my trophy card in a long time.  Level 21?  That is great, and maybe some day I'll be at that level.  

In the meantime, I'm just enjoying games at my own pace.