Experience with PS-now for a platinum

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone got the platinum for this game through Playstation now and how you experienced the game through this system. For instance does it feel laggy or anything you can come up with (playing on a ps4/ps4pro).

I'll probably start my 7 days free trial to get as many god of war games platinums as I can and if it works flawless I'll maybe even get a month extra for some ps3 games.

This question goes out to all god of war games.

Thanks for any feedback!

So with good internet there shouldnt be any problems getting trophies?

As I tend to get everything 100% trophy wise I dont want to get any troubles in the middle of a ps now game and get stuck with an unfinished game on my account. I dont own a ps3 so for just a few games this looked the cheapest way out for me ?.

I also saw you need to manual sync trophies on ps-now to get everything on your account is this true?

I played a couple of God of Wars on Ps Now, 1,2,GoS,CoO. And at first it was terrible to play, due to input lag the famous button sequences were impossible to do. I even created a thread in the GoW 1 forums ranting it was unplayable. In the end it was because I played on WiFi, as soon as I got a cable it was better and playable. Still some connection issues at some times. This was on a regular ps4 and with the fastest internet from Ziggo. To sum up, you must have a cable. ?

Edited by BakkerJ
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, BakkerJ said:

I played a couple of God of Wars on Ps Now, 1,2,GoS,CoO. And at first it was terrible to play, due to input lag the famous button sequences were impossible to do. I even created a thread in the GoW 1 forums ranting it was unplayable. In the end it was because I played on WiFi, as soon as I got a cable it was better and playable. Still some connection issues at some times. This was on a regular ps4 and with the fastest internet from Ziggo. To sum up, you must have a cable. 1f601.png

Exactly what I was looking for. I got the fastest Ziggo as well but got my ps4 on wifi so now I've got to think twice what I should do. With my current setup a network cable is impossible ?

• Like 1

I didn't play this game in particular, but I tried the service back in December. Played through 10 games and The Last of Us: Left Behind DLC with it, and it worked great the entire time. Some of them were fighting games, too. Which, if there had been a lot of lag with, would have made moves impossible to pull off. One of them even had online trophies. As long as you have decent internet, I think you'll be fine. I don't think my PS4 was ever showing more than 50+ Mbps. Although, yeah, I'm not sure about using Wi-Fi with it.. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone got the platinum for this game through Playstation now and how you experienced the game through this system. For instance does it feel laggy or anything you can come up with (playing on a ps4/ps4pro).

I'll probably start my 7 days free trial to get as many god of war games platinums as I can and if it works flawless I'll maybe even get a month extra for some ps3 games.

This question goes out to all god of war games.

Thanks for any feedback!

It works pretty well, so long as your internet isn't giving you trouble. My only gripe with PSNow is that it is very quick at cutting you out at the slightest slowdown.

IN addition to plats, you can use it to 100% games that you don't want to pay for DLC. I did this for Saint's Row 3, Enslaved and The Force Unleashed. Unfortunately, some games don't come with the DLC, but many do.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

It works pretty well, so long as your internet isn't giving you trouble. My only gripe with PSNow is that it is very quick at cutting you out at the slightest slowdown.

IN addition to plats, you can use it to 100% games that you don't want to pay for DLC. I did this for Saint's Row 3, Enslaved and The Force Unleashed. Unfortunately, some games don't come with the DLC, but many do.

it's only for full focussing on the god of war series which dont have any DLC'S luckily. But with all the comments before I'll probably give it a go its free for 7 days anyways. As long as I dont sync the games they wont come on my profile as far as I know. If I notice lag or any problems I can always quit?

• Like 1

I tried it with the free trial some weeks ago and it worked pretty well in general. No experience with GOW but I did some racing games and hardly noticed any lag at all. Your internet is much better than mine but I don't think my own speed was to blame for the few framerate drops I did experience. Those happened mostly during peak hours so from about 7 PM CET til about 10 PM. Nothing that would deter me from taking a full subscription though. I say go for it.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

it's only for full focussing on the god of war series which dont have any DLC'S luckily. But with all the comments before I'll probably give it a go its free for 7 days anyways. As long as I dont sync the games they wont come on my profile as far as I know. If I notice lag or any problems I can always quit1f601.png

In my experience Psnow can and will auto-sync games. 

I don't know if it based on my specific system settings or not, but just be on the look out for that.

I do not remember if I had to actively sync trophies. I do not really care for my completion percentage so I did not really pay attention to it. Having said that, I don't think that it was necessary, just that it would sometimes take a little while for them to show up on my PS4 start screen. So if this is important to you, look into that first! Or to make sure yourself, just start an easy and fast game like Frogger as your first game before going after a bigger title. You can 100% that in half an hour tops :D