What are you doing to take care of your PS3?

kratoz_4411

I dust him regularly, keep him well ventilated so he can breath easy, keep him out of the sun, and then at the end of a long days gaming I give him a little pat on the head for doing a good job, but also as thanks for not dying on me yet. And I hope we're together for a long time to come :highfive:

• Like 1

Play it. That's about it. Every now and then if I notice some dust I'll dust it off (along with the television) but I don't go out of my way to do anything special. My launch 60gb still works perfectly so I must be doing something right.

Parker

• Like 1

Play it. That's about it. Every now and then if I notice some dust I'll dust it off (along with the television) but I don't go out of my way to do anything special. My launch 60gb still works perfectly so I must be doing something right.

Same here, I do the same. My launch 80GB is as fine as day one!

I actually care more about the television :P

I want to marry my PS3. Is that weird? Or even legal at the first place? I have to ask the father of my PS3 too. 

But....if I get the PS4 I ofcourse have to marry my PS4. That means I have to divorce my PS3.... Then she is going to run away and I still need her most likely... Or my PS3 and PS4 will fight together. Dang that must be a hot fight! But divorcing also means a shitload of divorce papers and stuff. Not sure what to do... Can I marry both my PS3 and PS4?

Anyway, what is considered properly dusting my PS3? I can only think of the reachable spots. I heard something about using a vacuum to suck out the dust in the vent, but how do I do that safely? Don't want to hurt my wife!

I make sure to play with mine every day. So it doesn't get lonely or depressed.

Lol if there was a quote of the week contest I'd say you win :P

• Like 1

A couple-three years ago, I snatched a baker's cooling rack from the kitchen and sat my PS3 on that so it's ventilated on all sides.  Other than that and semi-irregular dusting, I don't really do anything special to take care of it.... other than not leaving it on overnight.

Play my system pretty regularly and place a towel on top of it when I finish for the night, I also dust it every other week.

Same thing here. I also put on towel on top of it because I think dust can easily get in on Superslim type with top door that needs to be manually close.

I let my 1 and 3 year old sons touch the buttons, ram discs in the feeder (honestly I came home from work one day to realise there was 3 discs rammed inside, couldn't eject them out, so had to disconnect all the cables and shake them out) put their sticky fingerprints all over it and once I witnessed her getting pulled from the top shelf crashing onto the floor...

So, just the norm I guess.