Save LBPK: July 2nd, 2018

FULL DISCRETION: I don't like this game as much as MNR, but its still really fun. 

Please don't come in here to say BuT iTs A 6 yEaR oLd GaMe, TiMe To MoVe On. This is not the point.  This is actually more than just the trophies.

MNR received a server life extension.... LBPK has not.

https://www.change.org/p/sony-keep-modnation-racers-littlebigplanet-karting

Here's a petition, that in conjunction with both MNR and LBPK shutdowns, is petitioning for both, since they're basically blood brothers, and we cannot risk losing more online experiences.

Consider signing it, if not oh well. 

https://howmanydaystill.com/its/lbpk-shutdown- Time left till shutdown of LBPK.

Edited by WorldsBestSpy

Couple neutral questions:

Is it Sony closing the servers on these two or is it the parent company? Are these two even created by the same company? And has a petition like this ever actually worked for keeping servers online longer?

@Kittet3

1. Sony, is the publsiher, the parent company (United Front Games) made them, but they sadly shutdown a few years ago, though LBP's developer Media Molecule is still alive.

2. I'm pretty sure Demons Souls back in the day kept getting extensions on fan support. And for LBPK, we have 60 days to try to at least get an extension. We have to do something.

Edited by WorldsBestSpy

I'm glad people care about the game, but the multi-player is a broken mess and a pain to deal with (at least in the US). Sony has moved on more towards the PS4. That's just business. I don't blame them for shutting this down. At least Sony is kind enough to warn us months in advanced and people can try to enjoy it till then. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EternalChaos72 said:

To be fair, people should of got this platinum years back. An extension is sorta pointless.

I don't see the problem anyway. Anyone that wants to get it can simply do so now. It's not hard and 2 months is plenty of time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EternalChaos72 said:

To be fair, people should of got this platinum years back. An extension is sorta pointless.

Agreed.  Honestly I have to laugh every time I see a petition for a PS3 server pop up.  The PS4 has been out for 4.5 years now and it doesn't make any fiscal sense for these companies to keep servers up for PS3 games.  If you haven't gotten the online trophies yet just accept it and move on because after all that is on you not the company.

• Like 2

First, LBPKarting was about to close its servers last year and it’s opened til now. I remember this when I tried my online trophies. Apparently, servers were still functional after that day.

So, I’m pretty sure they are not gonna listen just because some people didn’t care about the game after 5 or 6 years it was released.

I might be one of the few that really enjoyed LBP Karting... maybe over MNR.

BTW, thank you for the info about MNR servers being closed on October :)

Okay, so here's the thing. 

I don't want to say petitions are boring, but petitions are boring. This isn't going to make Sony's radar. Petitions don't drive change.

If you actually want to try and get this changed then get a hashtag, go on Twitter, and have everyone tweet their favorite LBPK memories or something. Get streamers and other influencers to follow suit. Make a big deal about it and show Sony's there's a fanbase for this game. (I mean, there really isn't one, but make it look like it at least). Make it a big deal that servers are being shut down and "experiences are being lost".

Even a letter-writing campaign or a phone call campaign would probably make more of an impact than a petition. Make it impossible for Sony to ignore this issue. If they kept Demon Souls up because of a fanbase, then make an extremely loud fanbase for this game.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kittet3 said:

Okay, so here's the thing. 

I don't want to say petitions are boring, but petitions are boring. This isn't going to make Sony's radar. Petitions don't drive change.

If you actually want to try and get this changed then get a hashtag, go on Twitter, and have everyone tweet their favorite LBPK memories or something. Get streamers and other influencers to follow suit. Make a big deal about it and show Sony's there's a fanbase for this game. (I mean, there really isn't one, but make it look like it at least). Make it a big deal that servers are being shut down and "experiences are being lost".

Even a letter-writing campaign or a phone call campaign would probably make more of an impact than a petition. Make it impossible for Sony to ignore this issue. If they kept Demon Souls up because of a fanbase, then make an extremely loud fanbase for this game.

Relax. Its only the first step. 

30 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

Relax. Its only the first step. 

You don't have much time- Sony would need time to assess and act and it'll be much harder to get them to turn the servers back on then to extend. If you have more steps, it would be good to roll them out soon.

• Like 1

I signed the petition. I actually don't mind helping.

I know most of these campaigns don't achieve anything but some of them do. Reminds of the case of Operation Rainfall on the Wii, I was there when it started and happily signed the petition at the time. I was glad to see that it ended up having success in the end. Sure, it was only a small success in a sea of failures but it was still a heart-warming experience when the industry actually listen to what the fans and consumers have to say.

I agree with what Kittet3 said in that you will need to make more noise in the future through other means if you want to be heard. Both social media and a letter campaign would be really helpful since, if I recall correctly, that was one of the key things that helped Operation Rainfall on its time.

In any case, best of luck in your endeavors! ?

Also, thanks for letting me know about the server life extension on ModNation Racers, those extra days give me some breathing room. Gonna be starting right away though.

Edited by Honor_Hand

@Honor_Hand

Thanks for helping the cause. 

@Kittet3 And of course I do plan on rolling out the next phase very soon. Just need to finish this final month of HS and my time will be devoted to this.

9 hours ago, stupid0089 said:

Agreed.  Honestly I have to laugh every time I see a petition for a PS3 server pop up.  The PS4 has been out for 4.5 years now and it doesn't make any fiscal sense for these companies to keep servers up for PS3 games.  If you haven't gotten the online trophies yet just accept it and move on because after all that is on you not the company.

I legitimately do not care about the trophy aspect, since LBPK 's online is easy. But, really, this about the game being saved, not if the trophies become unattainable. Laugh all you want dude, but I actually care more than just the trophies.

Edited by WorldsBestSpy

3 minutes ago, maurjen said:

If u dont care why do u need to make a petition especially since as u stated that you dont care about the trophies

I made it as a means to make the cause to save the game. I care about this game, the trophies are unimportant to me right now. Same deal with ModNation Racers. Obviously the trophies are really the least of my worries (and the community's).

18 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Reminds of the case of Operation Rainfall on the Wii

That was about localizing JRPG games, not asking not to shutdown online multiplayer for 6-8 years old old-gen racing games that almost nobody plays anymore.

Anyway they were really lucky because the "Gallian Liberation Front" to bring Senjou no Valkyria III (a PSP game) overseas was a failure. Hopefully it eventually received a fan English translation. Or the "100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Mega Man Legends 3"... Capcom Europe blamed the fans for the lack of support LOL.

Edited by Lance_87

3 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

That was about localizing JRPG games not asking not to shutdown online multiplayer for 6-8 years old old-gen racing games that almost nobody plays anymore.

Every time dude. I swear to God, every time I want to have one of these threads (which has been 3, and Killzone's dumb ass 3 day campaigns wasn't even started by me.) you come in and hate. Why. If you really don't care, why come in hate? Also, I am sure the 1000+ who still play LBPK and MNR are not nobodies.