Doable solo?

AJ_Radio

Beating the entire game and it's DLC will be a challenge that I will consider to be one of my most proudest achievements, if I ever decide to go for it.

I have seen a few people on the internet post that they were able to obtain all the trophies solo, with the biggest challenge being Commando Mode, which is surviving for 20 minutes without being killed yourself. A tall order, but other trophies such as beating the game in local co-op and beating the snake boss on the fifth level with virtually no real stats also pose a huge challenge.

I was able to get several feats done, which are key to achieving higher ranks and getting 100 feats done, which are both required to fully complete Resogun. I assume the vast majority of people who have all the trophies did co-op with another player, but if the player has a bad internet connection or is simply not that good then it's going to be very difficult.

However I think once Commando Mode and local co-op are done I think things will be much easier. Resogun isn't the most difficult indie twin stick shooter but it's definitely tough with it's DLC trophies.

Is this pretty doable solo?

I'm going to say no. The "I'm back and I bought a friend" trophy requires 2 local players. I did it with my daughter, and this was pre-patch that made it even harder. I don't think we could do it now, and I'm going to say it would be impossible solo.

Doing Commando Mode alone is crazy, I had to ask my brother to help me and it took us like 3 hours to do it.

And like diskdocx said, the 'I'm back and I bought a friend' trophy isn't exactly easy solo either

If you decide to try it either way, good luck!

I wouldn't say it's "Crypt of the Necrodancer" difficult because I don't think anything can be compared to that.

I found Heroes DLC to not be that bad, it's mostly the local co-op and Commando modes that get most people.

Still, it's one of the hardest tasks I have that is doable solo, everything else I have that I don't have DLC finished for is multiplayer.

This would be the most difficult shoot em up to 100% on PSN if there were no online features and it had the trophies that you need to get. If you want to get to level 50 on this game offline, there's no offline grinding method so you'd basically have to do 99% of the feats and some of those feats include things like: Complete the came on Hero difficulty without ever losing your multiplier, this would mean you'd have to endure the game on its most difficult setting without getting hit a single time and without missing a shot. Aside from that challenge, there are other things like Hero 1CC and so on, it would even be more difficult to do the trophy level 50 than it would to solo Commando mode, it didn't take people a long time to figure out how they could solo Commando mode. The platinum is more than doable solo, even with some luck "I'm back and I bought a friend" is too, since you can get checkpoints for the level you're on for that trophy, but why would you want to solo it when it still has online functionality and is playable in co-op? You'd still have the same trophy on your profile as everyone else and using co-op for the game isn't exactly a cheat method. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

Well I decided to take a look and I can definitely see that getting to Rank 50 and getting the local co-op trophy are basically impossible.

Sad thing is, I'm stuck with bad internet where I live so being able to connect to a co-op partner while requiring precision and a bit of skill is a no go for me.

Thanks for the input guys. Maybe I'll try to get a few trophies I can do solo and just accept that I'll never 100 percent this game.

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

This would be the most difficult shoot em up to 100% on PSN if there were no online features and it had the trophies that you need to get. If you want to get to level 50 on this game offline, there's no offline grinding method so you'd basically have to do 99% of the feats and some of those feats include things like: Complete the came on Hero difficulty without ever losing your multiplier, this would mean you'd have to endure the game on its most difficult setting without getting hit a single time and without missing a shot. Aside from that challenge, there are other things like Hero 1CC and so on, it would even be more difficult to do the trophy level 50 than it would to solo Commando mode, it didn't take people a long time to figure out how they could solo Commando mode. The platinum is more than doable solo, even with some luck "I'm back and I bought a friend" is too, since you can get checkpoints for the level you're on for that trophy, but why would you want to solo it when it still has online functionality and is playable in co-op? You'd still have the same trophy on your profile as everyone else and using co-op for the game isn't exactly a cheat method. 

Nah, it still wouldn't be the hardest. Resogun is fairly easy IMO.

Hero 1CC needs to be done shareplay, but there's exploits to it. When I did it with massive latency, we did it twice in a row, with like 1 or 2 deaths total (exploit allows you to do, just gotta run out of all lives if one of you die).

Commando isn't too bad, you'll nail it after some few tries, but better do it with another player. The bad part about it is that it takes 20 minutes.

The trophy I had by far the most trouble with was Destruction Preventer. Kill 10 Destroyers in one run, which takes at least 20 minutes. I heard they fixed this a bit, but when I did it delivering humans to the city and killing the Destroyer that way didn't count, at least not if the level flipped, because then it just disappeared and wasn't destroyed.

The rest of the game is easy IMO.

You also need co op partner for the levels. No way are you going to do that solo.

Edited by MMDE

23 minutes ago, MMDE said:

You also need co op partner for the levels. No way are you going to do that solo.

Yep, as I said, not going to 100 percent this game.

Apart from the local co-op trophy, two other trophies I don't have in the same DLC pack were pretty tough too when I made attempts on them.

But that being said, I can definitely tell Resogun was made with co-op in mind. There is the rare exception that some exploit a player out there found can make things possible to earn a trophy for, but anything that is multiplayer oriented or even has a little co-op, no point in doing it by yourself.

Shame this version isn't also for the Vita as I would be able to hook up with another player if that were the case.

10 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Yep, as I said, not going to 100 percent this game.

Apart from the local co-op trophy, two other trophies I don't have in the same DLC pack were pretty tough too when I made attempts on them.

But that being said, I can definitely tell Resogun was made with co-op in mind. There is the rare exception that some exploit a player out there found can make things possible to earn a trophy for, but anything that is multiplayer oriented or even has a little co-op, no point in doing it by yourself.

Shame this version isn't also for the Vita as I would be able to hook up with another player if that were the case.

Nah, most of it is just fine doing solo. It was intended to be solo as far as I can see, local co-op, then later some tacked on online co-op in the patches/DLCs.

Everything I mentioned was DLC/patch. And the game has free trophy patch. Like the level stuff is free, adds a lot of challenges and some online co-op/vs mode.

PS3 version is actually more difficult IMO, but that one is all solo, and the PS4 version has the same trophies for the platinum.

What you want another player for (none are needed for platinum):

1. I'm back and I bought a friend (shareplay)
  2. I eat asteroids for breakfast (online co-op)
  3. Then what? (online grind with partner)

That's it. In the case of shareplay, the other player doesn't even need to have the game installed.

Edited by MMDE

Just now, MMDE said:

Nah, most of it is just fine doing solo. It was intended to be solo as far as I can see, local co-op, then later some tacked on online co-op and online co-op in the patches/DLCs.

Everything I mentioned was DLC/patch. And the game has free trophy patch. Like the level stuff is free, adds a lot of challenges and some online co-op/vs mode.

PS3 version is actually more difficult IMO, but that one is all solo, and the PS4 version has the same trophies for the platinum.

What you want another player for (none are needed for platinum):

1. I'm back and I bought a friend (shareplay)
  2. I eat asteroids for breakfast (online co-op)
  3. Then what? (online grind with partner)

That's it. In the case of shareplay, the other player doesn't even need to have the game installed.

The PS3 version had crappy framerate. The entire game felt a whole lot slower as opposed to when I played on the PS4. The snake boss owned me on the PS3, I beat him no problem on PS4.

You need a pretty good connection for shareplay.

I eat asteroids for breakfast IS DOABLE SOLO, it's just extremely difficult. Easily the hardest trophy in the game solo wise that is achievable.

I'm curious to know how you got the NAVDML and Burning times trophies.

19 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The PS3 version had crappy framerate. The entire game felt a whole lot slower as opposed to when I played on the PS4. The snake boss owned me on the PS3, I beat him no problem on PS4.

You need a pretty good connection for shareplay.

I eat asteroids for breakfast IS DOABLE SOLO, it's just extremely difficult. Easily the hardest trophy in the game solo wise that is achievable.

I'm curious to know how you got the NAVDML and Burning times trophies.

2018_05_03_08h20_03.png

Completed Mefitis on Veteran with a custom created 0 ability ship.

2018_05_03_08h20_57.png

Think that was my first attempt at the first level on Master. :P 

Edited by MMDE

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

Completed Mefitis on Veteran with a custom created 0 ability ship.

I'm going to have to Youtube this. I did watch someone do this but I don't remember how he did it.

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

Think that was my first attempt at the first level on Master. :P 

I did pretty good until the boss, died when I was about to kill him and didn't go back to it.

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I did pretty good until the boss, died when I was about to kill him and didn't go back to it.

The master part, I think the ship I used had max agility, then halfway boost and none overdrive, hence why I unlocked that no overdrive trophy at the same time. Later I did Mefitis on Veteran with zero ability.

If Mefitis is the last level, then you'll want to have a fast ship for the last boss. IIRC

Edited by MMDE

One of my backlog games that i'm going to do solo of course without lvl 50 for that i'm going  to use my second PS4. If anyone know someone that did lvl 50 solo or local can pm me and ill send the guy a letter with words of respect.

Edited by bezdomnekoty

• 4 months later...

The local co-op trophy is very doable on your own with 2 controllers. Here's how I did it in case you or anyone else is struggling:

Spoiler

I've also included tips in my video descriptions that further detail my general strategy. Also, there's an exploit for this trophy that still works as of the latest patch: If either player dies, repeatedly dying until you get a game over and then continuing this way DOES NOT void the trophy, and it works for each level.

Commando Mode was by far the hardest mode to me. I tried to do it solo, but got nowhere after hours of trying, so I opted to do it in co-op. It was definitely easier, but that was after having to deal with a few people who didn't know what they were doing and wouldn't follow simple instructions to make things easier before finally finding someone who was fully cooperative. The rest (except for the XP grind, which I just boosted) was a good and fun challenge that I enjoyed doing solo.

On 5/3/2018 at 1:21 AM, MMDE said:

Nah, it still wouldn't be the hardest. Resogun is fairly easy IMO.

Hero 1CC needs to be done shareplay, but there's exploits to it. When I did it with massive latency, we did it twice in a row, with like 1 or 2 deaths total (exploit allows you to do, just gotta run out of all lives if one of you die).

Commando isn't too bad, you'll nail it after some few tries, but better do it with another player. The bad part about it is that it takes 20 minutes.

The trophy I had by far the most trouble with was Destruction Preventer. Kill 10 Destroyers in one run, which takes at least 20 minutes. I heard they fixed this a bit, but when I did it delivering humans to the city and killing the Destroyer that way didn't count, at least not if the level flipped, because then it just disappeared and wasn't destroyed.

The rest of the game is easy IMO.

Commando mode is gonna take longer than 20 minutes

you have to survive 20 waves

each wave is not a minute long

21 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Commando mode is gonna take longer than 20 minutes

you have to survive 20 waves

each wave is not a minute long

IIRC, it actually takes 20 minutes, same with the 10 Destroyers.

See, about 20 minutes (22 mins, but can be faster with duo).

Edited by MMDE