Music/Game Combinations

Dreakon139

Back in the day, I used to listen to a lot of radio while I played games. As we all know, the radio tends to re-play the same popular songs over and over again... so if I would play a game at roughly the same time each day, I'd hear the same songs. As a result of this, whenever I would hear certain songs, my mind would immediately link the song to the game I was playing and it still does 10 years later.

I'm not talking genre's of music, or certain bands. I'm talking specific songs reminding you of specific games. The two becoming linked in your mind even if there's nothing remotely similar about them. Maybe I'm just unusual though lol, so we'll see how people respond to this thread. ;)

Personally, the song 'Yellow' from Coldplay always makes me think about Resident Evil Code Veronica. I used to hear it on the radio every damn time I played the game, and now the two are forever one in my mind. :P

Listening to 'Yellow' today at work has given me an uncontrollable urge to get the new HD release of Code Veronica.

Listening to Led Zeppelin I reminds me of Gran Turismo 3. I used to have a stereo system in my game room that would automatically change discs when the previous disc was over. Well, something on it broke and it wouldn't change discs anymore, and I didn't feel like getting up and changing it manually during the races so I'd let it replay the first Zeppelin album over and over as I raced endurance races in GT3.

Parker

In a different way, "Paradise City" by Guns N' Roses reminds me of Burnout Paradise, if that doesn't sound obviously stupid. It's the theme of the game and comes up a lot as one of the in-game tracks. This song gets around on the radio here and there, and it's funny that I end up singing along to it while driving a car haha.

Some bands that remind me of certain games ar

Feeder reminds me of GT as there song used to be on the advert for GT3 all the time, plus i love the band

Black Eyed Peas remind me of The Sims Bustin' Out grrr that game could have been good if it wasnt for the reaaaaalllly long loading times and the one annoying song that played all the time

Yellowcard reminds me of SSX as its the only song i would listen to while playing them lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The whole album of "When life gives you lemons, you paint that shit gold" by Atmosphere reminds me of a ton of games that I was playing at the time. This springs to mind as I was only going through my Atmosphere albums earlier this evening.

To be honest I wish more PS3 games supported music from your playlists, as when I used to own an Xbox I rarely listened to the ingame music when I could have my own playlist running.

The other album I listen to a lot when playing racing games is Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... saying that though, I listen to that album more than any other album I own or ever will own.

• 3 weeks later...

Led Zep songs:

"The Battle of Evermore" reminds me of Oblivion: Elder Scrolls

"The Song Remains the Same" reminds me of Heavenly Sword

"Houses of the Holy" reminds me of Folklore

(Dio) "Raindbow in the Dark" reminds me of L.A.I.R

(Dio/Rainbow) "Man of the Silver Mountain" reminds me of Fallout 3

(Iron Madien) "The Trooper" reminds me of Call of Juarez

(Motorhead) "Ace of Spades" reminds me of GTA III

(Sex Pistols) "Anarchy in the UK" reminds me of RFoM

(AC/DC) "Thunderstruck" reminds me of IL2-Sturmivok: Birds of Prey

(CDB) "What this World needs is a few more Rednecks" reminds me of RDR

(Jim Croce) "I Got a Name" reminds me of Flower

• Like 1

Rise Against - Give It All immediately brings forth memories of barreling down the freeway in Need For Speed Underground 2. Same goes for Element Eighty's "Broken Promises" and Need For Speed Underground.

And, like Deth above, every time I hear Primus' "Jerry Was A Racecar Driver" - I think of faceplanting in the warehouse of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, that one, or The Vandals' "Euro Barge".

• 1 month later...
  • 12 years later...