Games you regret buying. Why?

dermarx

Shadow of mordor

i bought the psychical copy, not knowing the Japanese store doesn't have the DLC. 

So, I had to import another copy. Then to find out that the "hardest" trophies in the DLC use your main game save file for skills/stats etc. 

Now I have to play through the story to unlock all skills again. Then finally I can get the remaining 3 trophies I need for 100% 

zzz

• 1 month later...

Full list (as of November 5th, 2018):

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - Unlike a majority of trophy hunters I actually bought this game before it went onto Playstation Plus thinking it was different and interesting.

This game was very boring to play, had ridiculous trophies like moving backwards and leaving the game still for a bit, forced you to go through all the back roads, find those orange radios, etc. The movement speed was very slow, and it being a walking simulator it gave me a little motion sickness. Never will play this again.

Orc Slayer - The game with the most shameful platinum that I have. Completely awful, the game looks like a 1990s era first person shooter ripoff, and even then I would consider this game worse. You just stand there and let the crossbow do all the work for you. Let the orcs line themselves up to be executed. Orcs often got stuck in obvious places, sometimes when there was a whole bunch of them the game stutters to the point where I don't know what the fuck was going on, etc etc etc. If you stack this game I consider you to be a sadistic fucker, or a desperate trophy whore.

Assassins Creed 3 - The game left a very bad impression on me when I played a couple hours of it three years ago. I spoiled the story for myself unintentionally knowing this was Desmond Mile's last game, the last time Ubisoft put any real effort into the present day storyline. Through YouTube videos I found Connor to be a very boring Assassin, and I honestly wished they would of just had Haytham Kenway be the main character for the entire game. Even when I played this game it looked as though my character was still clipping through certain areas, and the bright white loading screen was a poor choice.

Assassins Creed Unity - Found the game very boring after a few hours. Arno has maybe a tenth of the charm Ezio Auditore had in AC2 and Brotherhood. The story didn't move me at all in the beginning. I was introduced to a mysterious female character in the present day sequence who wasn't really associated with Assassin or Templar, and in the prison area I make friends with an older Assassin who keeps referring to me as "Pisspot". Compared to Syndicate which had a fair dose of comedy with the Frye twins showing off their flair, there is nothing special about Arno. Why does everybody in the game have to be serious?

Grand Theft Auto V (PS4) - Played through the main story the second time around (the first time on the PS3) and ended up feeling very disappointed. This was the one game that I bought in 2015 thinking it was going to be a vast improvement on the PS4, only there wasn't much in terms of performance. Yeah the game runs better, it looks better, there is a first person mode, the online is a vast improvement, but what else is there?

Turns out I'm not a fan of big multiplayer free roam games, and thus GTA has been sitting on my shelf for the past three years. It has collected a fair bit of dust since then.

Fallout 4 - Bethesda did away with weapon degrading and your karma making a big difference in how NPCs reacted to you, which pissed me off. Fallout 4 is more of a glorified first person shooter with some RPG elements rather than a true RPG, which I would give that honor to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and even Bethesda's previous blockbuster hit Skyrim. I just didn't like it that much, but maybe if I give it another chance I will actually enjoy the game. Thinking of picking this up again in the coming months.

Jak and Daxter Trilogy (PS Vita) - Hands down the WORST ports I have ever had the displeasure of seeing. All three games have terrible frames per second, horrible lag, frequent delays in button input, and poor mapping of controls. Some moves are left for the back touchpad on the Vita, which is a nightmare to pull off considering that these games were NOT designed for a handheld that doesn't have a proper L2 and R2 button scheme.

The Sly Cooper trilogy was a-okay on the Playstation Vita. So what the fuck happened with the Jak and Daxter trilogy? Some lazy bastards didn't bother to do a good enough job on the Vita ports, thus we end up with this garbage.

Definitely a purchase I truly regret getting.

Uncharted: Fight for Fortune - A boring, monotone, extremely luck based card game that is quite frankly shit. I just don't have the willpower to do the DLC trophies, because of the sheer luck that is required to beat your AI opponents. Who thought this game would be a good idea? Compared to Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Fight for Fortune is a pile of dungheap best left for the flies and maggots to feast on.

Edited by Spaz

On 9/19/2018 at 7:42 AM, FawltyPowers said:

Rocket League - I was confident I wouldn't like this game before I even brought it and the only reason I did was 3 of my friends had it and it's great chatting to them and having a laugh when you don't get to see them that often. The idea was to team up as 4 players and play online. They kept telling me how much "fun" it was and I relented.

I couldn't stand the game after the first match, I had no "fun" and by the time I had 100% of the trophies I loathed it, especially that BS with Certified items and loot crates. My friends, however, had great "fun" mostly hearing just how much I wasn't.

Now, like some kind of penance for saying how much I hate it they released new DLC, having to re-install it again, my friends were overjoyed, there's also more talk of DLC in the future, seriously I wish this game would just die.

That's exactly why I bought the game. My friends kept begging me to play Rocket League with them instead of zombies, so I bought the disc. We played maybe 5 games. And then they moved on to Destiny 2 or whatever else, and my game's been collecting dust ever since. 

41 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Uncharted: Fight for Fortune - A boring, monotone, extremely luck based card game that is quite frankly shit. I just don't have the willpower to do the DLC trophies, because of the sheer luck that is required to beat your AI opponents. Who thought this game would be a good idea? Compared to Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Fight for Fortune is a pile of dungheap best left for the flies and maggots to feast on.

I can't remember the game itself (heh~) but what bugged me the most was they couldn't even be arsed to create some new artwork for the cards. The low resolution image grabs from GA looked fucking awful. What on earth were they thinking? One of the key parts of a card game is the artwork on said cards... *sigh*

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

Jak and Daxter Trilogy (PS Vita) - Hands down the WORST ports I have ever had the displeasure of seeing. All three games have terrible frames per second, horrible lag, frequent delays in button input, and poor mapping of controls. Some moves are left for the back touchpad on the Vita, which is a nightmare to pull off considering that these games were NOT designed for a handheld that doesn't have a proper L2 and R2 button scheme.

Would the L2/R2 vita grips o46fm36.png help with the moves?

Edited by Armored Squirrel
People got mad :(

2 minutes ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Would the L2/R2 vita grips *snip* help with the moves?

Could you please stop doing full-quotes for such long posts and only keep the parts you want to reply to? It's not the first time you do this and it's kinda annoying for others to read as no one really knows what exactly you are refering to.

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Could you please stop doing full-quotes for such long posts and only keep the parts you want to reply to? It's not the first time you do this and it's kinda annoying for others to read as no one really knows what exactly you are refering to.

Edited. I'm used to the Reddit layout, where you can select the text you want quoted, then it pops up in the reply box automatically. 

HAWX 2 because I truly did not care for it and then the servers shut down on me. I didn't buy it but I regret renting No Man's Sky. And I regret all the games I started on PS Now which then received a "PS4 version upgrade", which removed the PS3 version I was playing and caused me to have to start over (or buy the games on PS3 to be able to continue the list I was working on)

6 minutes ago, Burgins said:

HAWX 2 because I truly did not care for it and then the servers shut down on me. I didn't buy it but I regret renting No Man's Sky. And I regret all the games I started on PS Now which then received a "PS4 version upgrade", which removed the PS3 version I was playing and caused me to have to start over (or buy the games on PS3 to be able to continue the list I was working on)

Ha! I'm in the same boat as you with No Man's Sky. What a terrible game.

PSNow upgraded their PS3 games? That's unfortunate. I usually pick up a month of PSNow every now and again, and I know I have a couple of PS3 games there that I haven't 100% (Guacamelee, e.g.).

• Like 1

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

PSNow upgraded their PS3 games? That's unfortunate. I usually pick up a month of PSNow every now and again, and I know I have a couple of PS3 games there that I haven't 100% (Guacamelee, e.g.).

Yup. Off the top of my head they've upgraded Witch and the Hundred Knight, Akiba's Trip, Dead Island, Costume Quest 2, Machinarium, and I know for a fact there's others they've changed to the PS4 version. It's a good idea on paper until it forces you to start from scratch on a game. Why they wouldn't just keep the PS3 versions too is beyond me

• Like 1

The Conduit

Not a Sony title but a regret all the same, single and online play was woeful, touted as the fps to play on the wii, I didn't expect much given the power of the console but this was crap, got a refund after a week of play.

Shadow of mordor

Big fan of the hobbit and lord of the rings but found this game repetitive to play couldn't get a handle on the nemesis system and the game just seemed a chore to progress, did half the story and deleted it.

Anima: Gate of Memories

To summarize it, the game is just bad mixed in with wonky combat controls, horrible voice dialogue and a cliche plot. What turned me off the game was the difficulty in navigating the freaking skill tree. How could you even mess that up, it just goes all over the place when you navigate. You were going from the branching skill on the left but it goes to the skill on the right of it, or below it. Spending 5 minutes navigating the skill tree is just bad. It takes away the immersion to an already bad game.

Though I regret buying it, I still need to finish playing through with the game for the platinum.

Probably Batman Arkham Origins. No idea why 13 year old me decided to buy this game on release without having played the other two games! It was the worst out of the trilogy aswell and I quickly put it down. Another one would be NFS Shift 2. I had a bit of fun with it, but the cars handled just so terribly and it felt like the input lag was close to a second lol.

Other than that I can't think of a lot. I usually don't pay a lot for games (Unless I am 100% sure I'll really enjoy the game for 100+ hours, I sometimes buy games shortly after release in that case aswell!), so even if I don't really enjoy it, it's only a few bucks I didn't spend perfectly.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Edited. I'm used to the Reddit layout, where you can select the text you want quoted, then it pops up in the reply box automatically. 

Hope it didn't sound too harsh.

If you are using a desktop you might want to try the following:

Mark the text you want to quote and then don't move the mouse/cursor for a few ms while hovering above the text and a black tooltip saying "Quote this" should appear. That will post the quoted text into reply-box. Don't know if that's similar to Reddit.:

Spoiler

p2PFT2M.png

Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk: Seemed promising at first but turned out to be less fun than drowning.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White WitchGot bored halfway through on several attempts and therefore never made it to the end. Yes I know, lots of people will disagree with me on this but the battle system is just not my cup of tea.

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories: Probably my worst choice of all time. Whoever came up with the battle system must've been on crack.

Saints Row: The Third: Thought it was gonna be like GTA.

And since I've learned about blank accounts there's a been a lot more additions (The most recent being One Piece: Pirate Warriors and The Amazing Spiderman, both for PS3). However at least in these cases I don't have to live with an incomplete trophy list for good ?

Edited by GTRP_Lancerlover

Heart & Slash

There is nothing I hate more than having a game that you can't get 100% completion on because it is that much of a broken glitch ridden crashing piece of shit!  Its such a shame because its a really fun little hack n slash game but it will have to sit there forever at 84% because its impossible to obtain the plat.  Fuck annoying!!  Avoid at all costs.