Games you regret buying. Why?

dermarx

• No Man's Sky
  • Everybody's gone to Rapture
  • Killzone Shadowfall
  • Assassin's Creed Unity
  • Alone in the Dark

Thes games were just unplayable for me. Either they didn't have any content (as in the first two cases) or the gameplay was just unbearable (last three cases).

There are a couple of games I somewhat regret buying because my gaming buddies pushed me to buy them to play together - and then we never did (e.g.Rainbow Six....)

• Like 2

Horizon Zero Dawn - one of the most boring games I've ever played, Aloy is annoying as hell and the open world is empty;

Bodycount - bought it for easy trophies and only because it was super cheap; 

Goat Simulator - same as Bodycount;

Resident Evil 5 - not a single thing that I liked about this one. This game is an absolute failure;

I also regret buying GTA V. Not only do I regret buying itI regret buying it on launch day. 

15 hours ago, dermarx said:

Actually I regret buying Monster Hunter World. Bought it on Release Day with my buddy, but we didn't play it that much since you can't continue the Story together. It is a good game, no doubt, but not exactly what we expected. So, it is now on our HDDs with like 5 Hours played.

If you both view the cutscene, pick Return from Quest from the menu, and you can do the quest together.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

If you both view the cutscene, pick Return from Quest from the menu, and you can do the quest together.

Thanks for the Info. :highfive:

And thanks to the Mod who ever was moving this Thread to the Playstation Network forum.

When I started this account I bought 4-5 telltale games thinking they would be nice easy plats. Fast forward 6 months, I still don't have time to play them and I'm not even all that interested in # of plats anyway so would rather avoid playing those games altogether as they're not really my cup of tea.

I feel AC:Unity deserves a special mention as well since it literally put me off the entire series, having played each and every game of the franchise up to that point.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 4

I only have 1 game I regret buying but also sold it very quick.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes for the Vita, those stupid thouch controls, it kept showing how I have to do it but whatever I did it didn't work. And that was only the start of the game. After an hour I got angry and deleted the game. Gladly I have 0 trophies in it but would be nice If we can delete 0 trophy lists from vita as well.

Thouch works fine with other games so I am still not sure what the problem is with that game.

5 hours ago, Feral said:

Tekken 6 - Not what I expected or wanted from Tekken. 

Dang xD.  Even though you're not the first guy to dislike this entry in the series, I still find it weird people would hate this. Imo this had one of the best story campaign and it was also decent in length. Not only that but it's playable in co-op!

I purchased tekken 7 and while I like it a lot, it was just lacking the length and depth in the story department  that 6 had. I still like all games in the series though but  I think 5 will always the be best IMO.

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 1

• Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite -   it was a piece of shit, rehashed and bastardized alot of the characters from Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. The story sucks, the visuals suck, large portion of the soundtrack sucks, and it most likely has lead to the death of the Marvel vs Capcom franchise. Even thought the gameplay is solid, you know what else is solid? Shit. additionally, I got this at a discount (10 bucks at redbox) and I still feel ripped off.
  • Inversion -  it was 3 bucks at Target. Its mediocre with some fun moments. Boosting this game for the platinum though, was fucking hell and it made me regret ever wasting money on it. Its such a fucking grind. 10 months later and I got it, and I was done with it.

No Man's Sky - I bought it day one because I fell for the marketing hype and thought it would be super cool space stuff. Played it (on my old account) for about an hour and hated it, it was so dull.  Apparently it's much better now with the updates but I can't bring myself to open it up again.

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - what I read about it said it was like the Jak/Spyro/Banjo/Ratchet games.  I thought "oh! I love all those games this'll be great!!" - but boy was I wrong. It is nothing like any of those games.  It was made for 3 year olds but the controls are so unresponsive you're constantly fighting them and not the yawn-inspiring kiddy levels, which just proves to be an excercise in frustration.  Plus glitches caused me to play through this piece of crap three effing times because I have an obsessive need to 100% things.  Would STRONGLY recommend staying away from this garbage unless you have a masochistic personality and want to kill a large cluster of brain cells, then go ahead.

There's a lot of other games that I thought would be better than they were, but none that I massively regret purchasing besides those two (least not that I can think of?)

EDIT: Forgot Coffin Dodgers.  The premise seemed so hilarious, a bunch of old retirees getting their mobility scooters out to race against death.  I got this before I was a trophy hunter, but maaaaaaan it's garbage.  It feels like a bad PS1 game, it's just....crap.  Don't get it, it doesn't live up to the fun/funny game you think it'll be.  But it is a very easy plat if that's your thing.

12 hours ago, Asvinia said:

True, but I still only ever really saw it being compared to the first one. I didn't say I was trying to change your opinion lol You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to politely disagree.

Is it actually like the first one? I absolutely loved the first Digimon World game, it's one of my most played games of all times (which is sad, but that's a topic for another day). 

I've bought several other World games and they've just been garbage and nothing like the first one, so I was on the fence on this one, 'cause I'm tired of being let down.  If it's actually like the first (as in, similar Digivolution mechanics, similar exploration style where you can go in any order you choose if you have enough stats, recruiting to your town, etc) then I will be buying it ASAP. Just don't wanna end up in a thread like this going "IT'S NOT LIKE MY PRECIOUS PS1 GAME THAT I HOLD SO DEAR!" like I've done with all the other World games xD

Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Is it actually like the first one? I absolutely loved the first Digimon World game, it's one of my most played games of all times (which is sad, but that's a topic for another day). 

I've bought several other World games and they've just been garbage and nothing like the first one, so I was on the fence on this one, 'cause I'm tired of being let down.  If it's actually like the first (as in, similar Digivolution mechanics, similar exploration style where you can go in any order you choose if you have enough stats, recruiting to your town, etc) then I will be buying it ASAP. Just don't wanna end up in a thread like this going "IT'S NOT LIKE MY PRECIOUS PS1 GAME THAT I HOLD SO DEAR!" like I've done with all the other World games xD

I was the same lol But it's just like the first one. It's easier, since you don't end up fail-digivolving to Numemon all the time lol It has the same recruitment-style exploration but it's a little more linear than the first. There's a basic story to kind of direct you where to go but you can definitely break away from that and go looking at other places. Some Digimon won't join you until a certain story chapter though which is a bummer.

Leveling your Digimon in the gym is the same, the Digivolution tree is the same - again made easier through by the ability to block off routes later in the game. No more accidentally evolving your Rookie to the wrong Champion because he filled all of the requirements for all possibilities. The combat is very similar with you 'instructing' your 'mon what to do on the battlefield, it feels more responsive though, not always shouting 'Special' and it feeling like forever until they try and cast it lol Since you loved the first one, I would definitely pick this one up.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

I was the same lol But it's just like the first one. It's easier, since you don't end up fail-digivolving to Numemon all the time lol It has the same recruitment-style exploration but it's a little more linear than the first. There's a basic story to kind of direct you where to go but you can definitely break away from that and go looking at other places. Some Digimon won't join you until a certain story chapter though which is a bummer.

Leveling your Digimon in the gym is the same, the Digivolution tree is the same - again made easier through by the ability to block off routes later in the game. No more accidentally evolving your Rookie to the wrong Champion because he filled all of the requirements for all possibilities. The combat is very similar with you 'instructing' your 'mon what to do on the battlefield, it feels more responsive though, not always shouting 'Special' and it feeling like forever until they try and cast it lol Since you loved the first one, I would definitely pick this one up.

YES!!!!!  That's exactly what I want (especially no constant Numemon, though that was somewhat useful after you find Toy Town at least!).  Time to go buy it off Amazon! I'm so excited now! :D

Thank you. You're awesome! <3

• Like 3

WRC 5 PS3: Bought at full price, one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made. There was no Wheel support and this fact alone prevented me from playing it... when they finally patched it the price was already dropped AF. Never again.

• Like 1

Assassins Creed 2

My brother played it years ago on the PS3 and I thought it looked decent back then.  I picked it up from CEX to give it a go thinking I'd get the rest of the trophies and go for the plat.  Wow what a shit game!  The contols and gameplay are fucking woeful.  I only made it just just past the first sequence to a bit that I had to follow some fat guy without being detected and after trying to do that for the best part of an hour I gave up on it.  I'm glad i only wasted £1.50 on it.

1 hour ago, PooPooBlast said:

Dang xD.  Even though you're not the first guy to dislike this entry in the series, I still find it weird people would hate this. Imo this had one of the best story campaign and it was also decent in length. Not only that but it's playable in co-op!

I purchased tekken 7 and while I like it a lot, it was just lacking the length and depth in the story department  that 6 had. I still like all games in the series though but  I think 5 will always the be best IMO.

Lol, I just wanted it to be more like 4 & 5. More punchy less running through the forest. You're making me think I might not've given it a real go.

Yeah 7 was short and the whole sticking to being Heihachi or Kazuya wasn't that great even though I like them. Only ever played 4, 5, 6 & 7 and definitely agree with 5 being the best.

• Like 1

It'll have to be the game Rime for me. I new of the game & had heard a quite a few people say it was good & they really enjoyed it but recently got the game to see what all the fuss was about, I'm half way through the game & it has kinda bored me a bit. I've not played it for a couple of days & don't like having more then 1 game on the go at the same time so feel like it's just going to be a chore playing the rest of the game

Here's two kinda recent purchases:

MvC: Infinite – Dope gameplay, but some character models as well as overall choices for the roster put off a lot of potenital players, including most in my local fighting game community. This one also especially hurt my wallet since I got the expensive season pass-version on launch day. This game could have been great, but due to poor reception by the community it is dead as hell. Sad, really, because my Gamora x Haggar (Time Stone) team is super sick.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – The one glaring flaw I find in this game is the combat. I never played any 'Xeno-'games before this one, thus I am not sure if the combat always was this way. It just does not feel engaging at all. It feels worse than turn based combat, it feels worse than action combat... its the lamest out of any RPG I have played, at least when it comes to those that I actively remember right now. Story seems alright so far, but I only managed to force myself to play this for about 6-8 hours or so.

F.E.A.R 3 . Bought it cause a friedn of mine wanted to play that game in coop and the coop mode turned out to be shitty for us and had to play it all alone instead , not that bad alone imo but i regret paying 20€ new for it ?

2 hours ago, Feral said:

Lol, I just wanted it to be more like 4 & 5. More punchy less running through the forest. You're making me think I might not've given it a real go.

Yeah 7 was short and the whole sticking to being Heihachi or Kazuya wasn't that great even though I like them. Only ever played 4, 5, 6 & 7 and definitely agree with 5 being the best.

I can see that you didn't go far :P because you'll visit other areas too without spoiling it! I'd say give it another fair shot again later, but up to you though :). 

I actually only played those titles as well along with revolution, TT2, and the demos of 1,2,3 at an arcade/ on the Tekken 5 disc! Well idk if your Tekken 5 disc has this but mine had Tekken 1,2,3 demos plus devil Jin within!

• Like 1