Games you regret buying. Why?

dermarx

No Man's Sky would be the closest I can get, I don't regret buying it, it was just underwhelming and became a slog despite waiting for the updates despite buying it. I thought it was incredible for the first few hours when I was exploring and discovering stuff for the sake of it, which is probably the best way to enjoy it. But after turning my attention to the platinum it became apparent that the entire game lacks variety in gameplay, story and activities. The Gapapogos trophy post patch in particular makes it a pain and I'd imagine for most people it causes the game to drag on longer than you'd like. I still think it's a decent game but I think it's best played casually, in that you pick it up and just fly and discover, it's what the game was made for. Trophy hunting in No Man's Sky, unfortunately exposes you to all that's wrong with the game.

There's another update coming soon so maybe there's still improvement to come. I'm waiting for it myself before I decide if I want to keep trying to reach the galactic centre in permadeath. I started a playthrough and made it off my starting planet but couldn't bring myself to go any further because of how bored I was so I'm hoping something that at least introduces variety and enjoyment in how I can go about getting there makes it in. 

On ٣‏/٥‏/٢٠١٨ at 10:45 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

I don't have many as I tend to really research games before buying, but there are a few that were otherwise highly rated or got good reviews but I ended up hating/ regretting/ giving up and selling.

1. Sherlock Holmes and the devils daughter: It was cheap at only £9, and I love the drama series but the game was bad. I hated the gameplay and gave up after the first mission, trading it away for £8.

2. Hatsune Miku Diva F: Looked great on YouTube but it turned out that I sucked so badly at this game and even got a super low score on easy mode. Also, it was very repetitive and I actually did not like any of the Hatsune Miku music. I just got it because I saw her pictures and cosplay everywhere, but found her squeaky voice and music to be terrible, my ears cried. 

3. Tales of Symphonia Ratatosk knight/ dawn of the nw: The worst game I have ever played in my life. Horribly cringy and embarrassing to point that I hate to skip all the skits before eventually giving this a toss after the first town. Marta and Emil were painfully too lovey dovey and cheesy for me to even watch.

4. Tales of Zestiria: Good story, terrible gameplay mechanics. Characters mediocre and disappointing for a Tales game. Not having Alisha is another fault.

5. FFXV: I could write an essay about how much I hated this game as an old time FF fan, but I won't. To sum it up, a bunch of male Roppongi host club emo boys in a Bentley lookalike car driving around where we are forced to stare at the back of their heads, treasure being barely visible specs on the ground, poorly developed story, lack of female characters, the weirdness of Noctis and Luna's relationship, magic being consumable, the difficulties of traveling at night without being assaulted by these iron giants hence having to camp,  and loading times as long as a movie are some of my frustrations. The worst FF if it can even be called an FF. It did have a good battle system and graphics, but those were the only two good things. At least it was super cheap when I bought it. 

lol! OMG! you summed up FFXV 100% accurate on these few words better than anyone I know ?

really laughed my ass out on the " Roppongi Host Club Emo Boys "

for that alone you deserve a like good sir/ma'am? 

• Like 1

Grand Theft Auto V (PS4) - I bought the PS3 version of this game back in September 2013 when it came out. Enjoyed the single player, enjoyed the multiplayer for what it was, then grew bored.

I buy the PS4 version when I got my PS4 console for essentially the same thing. But I basically bought this for the extra features that were not on the PS3. Turns out they were barely worth the trouble. Now I'm stuck with two stacks of this game, and I'll probably never fully finish either of them.

The game takes too much time commitment for me to really bother with.

Horizon Zero Dawn; bought day 1 for $80 and played for the first week got like 14hrs into the game, after that I got extremely bored of it, the facial animations were as bad as Mess Effect, the rpg elements were boring unlike something like GoW, the too many boring collectibles, felt the game was super overrated.

Theif - $5 got it on sale and thought I may have fun but was bored within the first half an hour....

SWBF; they had the season pass for free so I picked it up recycled for $20 and got lvl 30 legit boosted to lvl 50; the game was super rushed, even with the dlcs, the community that was left was so dispersed cause of the shitty season pass and I was 1 MASTER mission away from getting platinum on my other account and I even spent the time to wait around getting the shitty tokens for the trample kills....

55 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Grand Theft Auto V (PS4) - I bought the PS3 version of this game back in September 2013 when it came out. Enjoyed the single player, enjoyed the multiplayer for what it was, then grew bored.

I buy the PS4 version when I got my PS4 console for essentially the same thing. But I basically bought this for the extra features that were not on the PS3. Turns out they were barely worth the trouble. Now I'm stuck with two stacks of this game, and I'll probably never fully finish either of them.

The game takes too much time commitment for me to really bother with.

The main problem I have with GTA V is although the game had a ton of work into it the stunt jumps were such a shit show, no collectible trackers for the two missing under the bridges I had, and the online was so fucking boring

The only game I regret buying was Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits on PS2. We had enjoyed Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock a lot and made an impulse purchase on Greatest Hits. Turns out everything in the game screamed cash grab. The animations and UI were laggy and janky, graphics were very low quality compared to the earlier game, the music and notes seemed off sync at times and the controls didn't seem to respond normally at times (not sure if it was the game's or the controller's fault). It just wasn't fun to play when you couldn't hit the notes. Once the game even froze on us and forced us to power off the console.

That is one of the rare occasions I've made an impulse purchase on a game without researching first and I learned from my mistake.

23 minutes ago, Iris Heart said:

Daft Gamer played the game and didn't like it. The opinion isn't irrelevant, if would be irrelevant if the game wasn't being played and critiziced. Same case applies to you for critizicing Japanese games if you have not played them.

i agree with you , i see people bashing jrpgs or Asian games in general without even inform themselves , on youtube one guy said to me i cant have an opinion on God of War because i said its not that good of a game  and the game mechanics and game design were already in Dark Siders 2 and that game came out 6 years ago , you find these people everywhere it seems 

• Like 2

Kinda tough to name all of them coz there were plenty but to make it as clear as possible, I regret buying games that I couldn't even finish. Games like Crysis 1 for example. I have a lot of games to finish and I will, but there are many games that will never be completed and I wish to delete them out of my account. Not possible though.

• Like 1

Mmmm, I have a few that I regret.

Regrets:

Valkyrie Revolution - Ask anyone that has played this on the PS4 and they will tell you the story sucks and the load times are ridiculous.  I'm still playing this game on and off to eventually get through the story, but it isn't a game I can play for long.

Dragon Quest Builders - Not a bad game, but the story mode aspect is a little weird to me.  Super nostalgic and I'll probably return once I'm in a better place mentally that is ready to play a game like this.

Knack - I played a few levels... I think.  The game was boring and failed to grab my attention.

Call of Duty WWII - I actually really enjoyed the story mode, but the online was just so bad.  Certain maps were fun to play but it was way too much slower then BLOPS3.  I guess I got too accustomed to quicker combat because of BLOPS3 and TitanFall 2.

Other than those I'm pretty happy with a lot of my purchases.  I've gotten to the point that I can wait for games to reduce in price while working on backlogged games.

1. Atelier Sophie

My first try on Atelier series and really don't understand what the hype is all about. ?

2. Prince of Persia collection

Lmao rip my childhood memories. As I grow older and better game come out it's impossible not to hate this game.?

3. Horizon zero Dawn

Another game that I don't understand what the hype is all about. Don't think I will ever 100% it.?

There's still lot more but those are my top 3 games that makes me question my life. ?

• Like 1

Elder Scrolls Online (ESO)

An amazing MMO but trophy wise, it is a living nightmare. There is one specific trophy that you must get #1 in a multiplayer leaderboard and well, majority of us know the blood and sweat it takes to get that on any given game.

GTA V on PS4 - The new DLC heists are a joke for people who enjoy getting trophies. The online play is boring enough but now they are pretty much making you grind hours and hours to get in game money or forcing you buy stupid Shark Cards or whatever they are called just to be able to set up these stupid heists. Then when you finally have this money, I think you have to complete these heists with 2, 3 then 4 players (I am still not 100% sure if this is the case) which is hard enough because I have seen it could take a lot of hours to do this. I mean its hard for me because I have different days off each week so how am I supposed to find a team to do this unless we crack it in one day. 

Edited by SirPigFace

Energy Invasion. Figured there's no way to fuck up a brick attack game. I was wrong. It's god awful. Literally the *only* thing good about it is the one image they plaster everywhere [the game's icon on the store, the plat icon, the trophy banner]. And it looks nothing like anything *in* the game. Piece of crap game. If it wouldn't mess up my milestones after the fact, I'd hide it. I'm much more careful about buying cheap games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FreddySM14 said:

1. Atelier Sophie

My first try on Atelier series and really don't understand what the hype is all about. 1f914.png

2. Prince of Persia collection

Lmao rip my childhood memories. As I grow older and better game come out it's impossible not to hate this game.1f64f.png

3. Horizon zero Dawn

Another game that I don't understand what the hype is all about. Don't think I will ever 100% it.1f62f.png

There's still lot more but those are my top 3 games that makes me question my life. 1f605.png

the atelier series is more about time management , but it was cut out in Sophie so new players could find their way into the series  , in the next game the time was back : to put it short you have then 365 in game days time to complete the main story or you fail and you must start from beginning